Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:38:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RightMesh (RMESH) A Decentralized Mobile Mesh Network  (Read 17262 times)
fathamburger

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 02:05:46 PM

The team has really grown since I looked into them.

This has been an idea's literally needed blockchain to come along to scale beyond adhoc local disaster recovery style networks. Compared to other shitcoins, at least this one would have an inherent network effect. Literally Smiley

Instead of RightMesh, how about WholeNewInternet lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RIGHTMESH.IO (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 04:46:03 PM

The team has really grown since I looked into them.

This has been an idea's literally needed blockchain to come along to scale beyond adhoc local disaster recovery style networks. Compared to other shitcoins, at least this one would have an inherent network effect. Literally Smiley

Instead of RightMesh, how about WholeNewInternet lol

Thanks for the support and suggestion.

We have shared a blogpost that talks about our rebrand a couple of posts back, you will find the reasons for RightMesh there.  Smiley
RIGHTMESH.IO (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 09:00:40 AM

The Case for Connectivity and Borderless Digital Commerce

This is a digital world. And in this world, we are on the verge of lifting up entire economies,
improving education, and changing the life outcomes of billions of people.

Check out our blogpost for more: https://www.rightmesh.io/case-connectivity-borderless-digital-commerce

https://i.imgur.com/eOtNskI.png
oliviajizz

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

* PM for Japanese Translations *

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:32:43 AM

Similar to the projects that exist already, mind doing a comparative chart. That's the best way for investors to sift through the technical hoopla

* PM for Japanese Translations *
RIGHTMESH.IO (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 02:21:49 PM

Similar to the projects that exist already, mind doing a comparative chart. That's the best way for investors to sift through the technical hoopla

We'll be releasing our whitepapers soon, there will be an easier to read one for less technical people and a more technical one.
RIGHTMESH.IO (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 10:57:44 PM

What is Mesh Technology?

Mesh networks are created when devices, such as smartphones and laptops, act as mobile routers.
They are capable of transmitting data with or without a connection to an Internet service provider (ISP) or cellular provider.

Find out more on our blog: https://www.rightmesh.io/what-is-mesh-technology/

https://i.imgur.com/ZlXko3y.jpg
RIGHTMESH.IO (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 02:31:15 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 01:53:05 PM by RIGHTMESH.IO

We are thrilled to announce the release of RightMeshTM White Papers!

The RightMeshTM White Paper V.1.0
We are pleased to release Version 1.0 of the RightMesh White Paper. This document describes a method and technology for
connecting users in an ad hoc wireless mesh network, and in so doing, creating new connectivity options and improved outcomes
to billions of unconnected users around the world.

The RightMeshTM Technical White Paper V.1.0
This technical paper is intended as a supplement to the RightMesh White Paper, which more broadly provides an overview of the
opportunity for RightMesh and the RightMesh Token Generating Event. The document makes the technical case for a tokenized
mobile mesh network for smart phones, sensors, and other IoT devices.

Your feedback is appreciated and we invite you to join the discussion, live with the team, in our Telegram Group.
bitcoinjames6

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:46:52 AM

Congratulations on this and the release of the whitepaper.

Enhancing connectivity and providing more service worldwide is a great benefit of this project.

What is the level of power that RightMesh can take on? Meaning how much connectivity can it provide based on users? I would imagine it is quite extensive but I am interested to know how self-powering the system can be.

Thanks and good luck with everything going forward!
John-at-Left

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:59:53 AM

What is the level of power that RightMesh can take on? Meaning how much connectivity can it provide based on users? I would imagine it is quite extensive but I am interested to know how self-powering the system can be.

I assume you mean what sort of density can be addressed? This is a large part of our next phase of testing. Theoretically, we can blanket a large town (and we are getting set up to do so in the small town of Rigolet up in northern Canada already), but I'm talking about a large town. Here is a video showing 100 concurrent connections to a single node. Each of those edge nodes could have similar performance and so on, and so on, and so on... where each node switches between networks or talks to multiple networks at once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJxttyiQZRY

Where we differentiate from previous mesh attempts is that we do not naively broadcast to neighboring nodes. This would be an unscaleable method. We have routing algorithms that identify the most efficient or 'best' routes between nodes that can send data at _ Mbps over a multitude of hops. And over time, this can get faster and faster.

Once again back to the theoretical, we have been modeling what it would take to blanket certain large urban centers, and we believe this is possible.

SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 01:27:02 PM

This is a very interesting idea... Please correct me if im wrong, you will develop a software that without rooting a mobile you will be able to use its radio capabilities in order to create a Mesh Network for the app users... Am i right? If soo this could be one of the best delivery methods for the Mesh Networking implementation...
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:32:13 PM

What is the algorytm?
John-at-Left

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:37:23 PM

You will develop a software that without rooting a mobile you will be able to use its radio capabilities in order to create a Mesh Network for the app users

That is correct. When we started down this journey, we realized we could take the 'easy' approach of hardware. But with 6 billion smart phones expected in the world by 2020 each of which can broadcast and receive signal, the hardware already exists (or soon will be). The challenge of course was to do this without flashing the device, as this would completely limit growth.

One of the primary inventions is what we call 'MeshPorts' that allows the multiple apps to use the same common core on a single device. So you could have 5-10+ apps all running the same core, and thus... the data could hop between different devices even if the routing/infrastructure devices in the middle had installed apps that were not used by nodes at the start and end of the journey.

https://i.imgur.com/E4Dttfg.png

SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 06:43:29 PM

You will develop a software that without rooting a mobile you will be able to use its radio capabilities in order to create a Mesh Network for the app users

That is correct. When we started down this journey, we realized we could take the 'easy' approach of hardware. But with 6 billion smart phones expected in the world by 2020 each of which can broadcast and receive signal, the hardware already exists (or soon will be). The challenge of course was to do this without flashing the device, as this would completely limit growth.

One of the primary inventions is what we call 'MeshPorts' that allows the multiple apps to use the same common core on a single device. So you could have 5-10+ apps all running the same core, and thus... the data could hop between different devices even if the routing/infrastructure devices in the middle had installed apps that were not used by nodes at the start and end of the journey.

Very good... I can see the potencial here... Will keep an eye for updates good luck
bitcoinjames6

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:40:13 PM

I assume you mean what sort of density can be addressed? This is a large part of our next phase of testing. Theoretically, we can blanket a large town (and we are getting set up to do so in the small town of Rigolet up in northern Canada already), but I'm talking about a large town. Here is a video showing 100 concurrent connections to a single node. Each of those edge nodes could have similar performance and so on, and so on, and so on... where each node switches between networks or talks to multiple networks at once.

Where we differentiate from previous mesh attempts is that we do not naively broadcast to neighboring nodes. This would be an unscaleable method. We have routing algorithms that identify the most efficient or 'best' routes between nodes that can send data at _ Mbps over a multitude of hops. And over time, this can get faster and faster.

Once again back to the theoretical, we have been modeling what it would take to blanket certain large urban centers, and we believe this is possible.

Sounds good, thanks for letting me know. Sorry that that was not the most articulate of questions LOL
fathamburger

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 08:05:12 PM

Took me awhile to get through the whitepaper.

Theres a very interesting point in there that maybe should be more front and center, the pointing out of the widening of the haves vs havenots in connectivity. The original name I joked around about may not be so appropriate then. Maybe it should have been TheOtherInternet lol.

People with a first world mindset will just automatically assume that it's going to be 5G for everyone and you guys point out that's not remotely scalable. Most of the world living mostly on 2G is a reality I as an Australian still face (shitty internet is an Australian national value) while being leapfrogged by most of SE asia and half of Africa is now the norm.

The fact that 5G is unscalable makes development on something like RightMesh even more of a necessity. This is one where thinking about Moons/Lambos etc should take a back seat to investing in an actually serious problem to be solved.

This looks very promising, good that the routes are based on minimum Mbps thresholds and not just next closest node. Node scalability in # of connections also looks like a promising start Smiley Not gonna ask to get into algorithm details but it is nice that you're already moving past the "broadcast spam" standard of today Smiley
howarddcarter

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:12:16 PM

Make sure everyone who works with you or for you, feels the need to tell others about the incredible experience.
John-at-Left

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:21:50 PM

Thanks for reading it through @fathamburger.

A large part of the routing algorithms have come via our sciences team. We have some incredibly smart people who have been at this for a long time. To get a sense as to how they approach things, here are the Google scholar links for Dr. Jason Ernst - our Chief Networking Scientist, and Dr. Zehau (David) Wang, our Applied Research Scientist:

Jason: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=SbUmSEAAAAAJ

David - https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=pquTtPYAAAAJ

We have an internal joke in the office that we called "David's Law", whereby every time he did a Git check-in the performance of the network doubled. I don't think that will continue for very long, but we have a lot of ideas for network performance enhancements that will take several years (and many more smart people too).
SquidConqueror

Activity: 123
Merit: 111

Happy to be in the Community! Hi Y'all!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:27:35 PM

Nice project...I will be watching closely  =)

It's Time to Collect TheVig [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
John-at-Left

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:36:36 PM

Make sure everyone who works with you or for you, feels the need to tell others about the incredible experience.

Agree completely. When we started down this journey several years ago, Chris (the other co-founder) and myself were walking down the esplanade of the Charles River in Boston. We had just come from a very successful meeting for the legacy side of the business that is/was travel tech related. We had a choice to make: to proceed down this path into the unknown of mesh connectivity, or to go down the safe and secure path for what was already working. I would like to say that it was an even ledger with an equal number of plus and minus votes on each side, but it wasn't. The only reason for us to say 'yes' to mesh connectivity, was this, "If we do this right, we can change the world."

So we jumped.

At the very start, and still maintain the same philosophy today, the only way that we will be able to pull this off is to start a movement if you will. Get people to see and understand that we can build a better Internet and a better world. I wrote a blog post about this several years ago (https://www.rightmesh.io/starting-a-movement-making-a-connected-world-a-friendlier-place/) that I forgot about until you wrote... but this is what it is about... starting a movement.

All of this being said, what we realized after talking to different users, however -- from Cuba and Colombia, to India and Bangladesh -- is everyone wanted to believe in the movement, but they nearly unanimously asked, "What's in it for me?" This was when we started to explore tokenization and incentivization.

Now, we will be able to change the world, and let people's self-interest work in tandem with, rather than via opposed to this starting vision. I just finished up a powerpoint for a talk that I am giving later this week at a conference called, "Can you reduce global poverty and lift up entire economies without doing a damn thing?"  Not to be a spoiler here, but I think the answer is a resounding 'YES'.
fathamburger

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:04:02 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 09:13:32 AM by fathamburger

Thanks for reading it through @fathamburger.

We have an internal joke in the office that we called "David's Law", whereby every time he did a Git check-in the performance of the network doubled. I don't think that will continue for very long, but we have a lot of ideas for network performance enhancements that will take several years (and many more smart people too).

David's Law is literally priceless lol. Hopefully it takes you a lot longer to hit the point of diminishing returns Smiley

Further thinking on it, the next nearest (physically) rule == better has been in place far too long that we've been stuck with since the early days of X.25 networks, token ring etc. Network architecture assuming some kind of fixed naturally fast cable in an office. Even if you guys dont get there, if in the process this mindset is finally jettisoned as a byproduct I'd consider it mission successful lol

I love bashing Australia but my connection to my last boss being half an hour away in the same city in Sydney was worse (sub 5mbit) than if I gave him a call now from virtually anywhere across the world with an ocean between us. That was the happiest part for me reading the white paper, quality of connection is what matters regardless of location and building of best fit logical routes Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: