Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:53:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please! Let's get rid of those ICO scam!!! Use CIVIC!!  (Read 503 times)
Startup11 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:34:41 PM

I can't see it anymore. Last week another scam has happend with an ICO  Cry . Now let us help each other and do something about those ICO scam!!! What can ICO projects do to protect the people that invest? Now I know about CIVIC, ID verification. This will help us to make it more difficult for the scammers. A great project with a support of nearly 5000 people only in telegram app. I think we can call it a hype.

Now I think there is more. Maybe we can start the war against the scammers en combine our hands. Besides CIVIC, what else can we/ (ICO projects) use? And is it possible that CIVIC and other companies will work together?

Now I think this is prior number 1 in this blockchain world. I am really curious about your opinion!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:10:33 AM

I can't see it anymore. Last week another scam has happend with an ICO  Cry . Now let us help each other and do something about those ICO scam!!! What can ICO projects do to protect the people that invest? Now I know about CIVIC, ID verification. This will help us to make it more difficult for the scammers. A great project with a support of nearly 5000 people only in telegram app. I think we can call it a hype.

Now I think there is more. Maybe we can start the war against the scammers en combine our hands. Besides CIVIC, what else can we/ (ICO projects) use? And is it possible that CIVIC and other companies will work together?

Now I think this is prior number 1 in this blockchain world. I am really curious about your opinion!!

I think there needs to be a more regulated system for offering a Ico. I haven't looked at it lately but I'm pretty sure that on an exchange all it takes is an announcement link, wallet links, a link to an explorer, and a fee to get started. If you look at and IPO in the stock market, the system is basically the same but all of that information has to meet a certain set of requirements.
coin_coin

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:39:52 AM

I think what we really need is supervision  from government , or related laws . This will be more useful than self-discipline.

CINDICATOR.COM12 September 2017 Token Sale
WP
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:47:11 AM

^ Or look for ICO's in the right places.  I think Cofound.it is a good place to start when you're looking for an ICO to invest in.  The teams of the projects who work with them are only accepted if their idea is feasible, then the teams are trained and they also get assistance from people who have experience in growth hacking start ups.

I know not everyone of them will become 'super stars' and be succesful but at least we know that every ICO that went thru Cofound.it isn't a scam.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:36:23 AM

How safe are Biometrics on CIVIC.  You basically allowing strangers access to your precious Biometrics in exchange for what? 10000Bitcoin?
I did a campaign for the company but never really bought into their idea mainly due to the project lack of Transparency.  Your Biometrics MUST be 100% hack proof, should never be accessed  by Crooks, Companies, Governments or Individuals without your permission.
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:18:30 AM

I think there needs to be a more regulated system for offering a Ico. I haven't looked at it lately but I'm pretty sure that on an exchange all it takes is an announcement link, wallet links, a link to an explorer, and a fee to get started. If you look at and IPO in the stock market, the system is basically the same but all of that information has to meet a certain set of requirements.
The strange thing is that it used to be the initial fee that would run off most of the scammers. For example in the stock market it takes a minimum of $300 to produce a initial offering. And crypto currency used to be much less, but it seems like those fees are getting bigger and bigger.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:18:45 AM

That means that a scammer has to be pretty confident but they can make enough money to get over that initial investment. It's a fine line, but to have a completely or near completely Anonymous currency environment, then there's going to be a lot of loss due to the scams, and zero recourse.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:23:32 AM

Care to elaborate more about the project ? ID verification is centralising the system which is against the motto of any crypto-currency project.ICO could be still listed as a scam depending on number of other facts such as a team,escrow and the efforts they put in to make it a success.

I'm against "companies" working together to achieve something.I hate corporations generally..I don't support the idea,let the community decide what a bad ICO looks like.People are too stupid to fall for anything,not the ICO's fault.
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:24:28 AM

I think what we really need is supervision  from government , or related laws . This will be more useful than self-discipline.

Yes, there should be higher bodies that will regulate those ICO's. Before it will be opened to market and investors it must be evaluated first. This way, all ICO's will be  filtered and we minimized those scams.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:44:04 AM

Regulating ICO isn't easy. There are many ICOs that work without knowing of the government. It is online and use bitcoin or altcoins as the investment methode. That's why ICO is difficult to be controled. Government can take control the ICO if they don't have instruments like law and technicians who know about the blockchain. If a govermnet want to control should have a law related to ICOs,
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:18:28 PM

Yes, there should be higher bodies that will regulate those ICO's. Before it will be opened to market and investors it must be evaluated first. This way, all ICO's will be  filtered and we minimized those scams.
But it will be difficult for the team to surpass the filter, i can take pboc as an example about that. And how the red pulse project are trying to turn the direction to another way that to get the western investor rather than chinese investors.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: