Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:03:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice on $100k investment  (Read 1871 times)
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:36:44 AM

in the last of the post It seems that OP is thinking that it will be tough to make buy and sell directly for bank money is tough or complicated work , that is no a problem because we have many platforms to handle this thing .
In the starting of the post by OP , He is right at his place of thinking to lower the risk by investment in multiple coins .
Here i would like to suggest to OP tyat he should not invest all money but he should invest in small small amounts in the starting not with big because in the starting we need to know about thr main factor that why we got loss in this field and why we got profit , and that can be understood by us just by only to make loss+ profit like a lesson of trading .
Here my suggestion for the investment in the coin for the OP is that to invest in those low prices coin which have high potential like doge coin , RDD ,ETC , sia coin .

Which platforms are out there? I need to have my exit strategy in place before I really invest just to be safe. Converting on 1 exchange seems easy enough but I am worried if my investment is  a lot of money in a  few years(or dropping fast) that I'll have issues withdrawing from an exchange. Can these platforms handle this scenario?

100k usd is not that much money so you will have no problems with liquidity .... Wink

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wojak

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:47:24 AM

If I would have 100K I would invest 1000$ in every top 100 Wink (on dip)

some people had same idea... but in my humble opinion it is just stupid. You will gain on one coin and loose on three others in same time.

Yeah it was more a joke.
What I have done after I collected initial capital:
splitted it between 3 coins of choice and 25% left for day/week trading. So if you have some little time you can try to find short term projects to play with it, earned money I am splitting again between all options or adding new one.

Bitmex profit calculator with notifications

The anaphylaxis of the DC-Mini is expanding exponentially!
Archimedes (OP)

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:52:24 AM

in the last of the post It seems that OP is thinking that it will be tough to make buy and sell directly for bank money is tough or complicated work , that is no a problem because we have many platforms to handle this thing .
In the starting of the post by OP , He is right at his place of thinking to lower the risk by investment in multiple coins .
Here i would like to suggest to OP tyat he should not invest all money but he should invest in small small amounts in the starting not with big because in the starting we need to know about thr main factor that why we got loss in this field and why we got profit , and that can be understood by us just by only to make loss+ profit like a lesson of trading .
Here my suggestion for the investment in the coin for the OP is that to invest in those low prices coin which have high potential like doge coin , RDD ,ETC , sia coin .

Which platforms are out there? I need to have my exit strategy in place before I really invest just to be safe. Converting on 1 exchange seems easy enough but I am worried if my investment is  a lot of money in a  few years(or dropping fast) that I'll have issues withdrawing from an exchange. Can these platforms handle this scenario?

100k usd is not that much money so you will have no problems with liquidity .... Wink

is there a number when it starts becoming an issue?   Example, if I had put a lot of money on DEC last year the  amount would very large(at least in my world)
wojak

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:54:33 AM

is there a number when it starts becoming an issue?   Example, if I had put a lot of money on DEC last year the  amount would very large(at least in my world)

Same like many others so liquidity isnt affected that much. Maybe slower.

Bitmex profit calculator with notifications

The anaphylaxis of the DC-Mini is expanding exponentially!
Archimedes (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:04:33 AM

so the odds of one of these exchanges just refusing to transfer and  seizing my account are very low? Apologize if this question is very stupid. I'm only really familiar with btc and never had issues as of yet
krizniq

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:07:18 AM

some people had same idea... but in my humble opinion it is just stupid. You will gain on one coin and loose on three others in same time.

Yeah it was more a joke.
splitted it between 3 coins of choice and 25% left for day/week trading. So if you have some little time you can try to find short term projects to play with it, earned money I am splitting again between all options or adding new one.

doing exactly the same, I think 2017 is major year for quick not-so-hard profits with smaller amounts of given portfolio... Wink
yeye

so the odds of one of these exchanges just refusing to transfer and  seizing my account are very low? Apologize if this question is very stupid. I'm only really familiar with btc and never had issues as of yet

I would say it's not low, just do not store much money on exchange and use bigger ones like bitstamp for fiat-crypto transfers, then rest of the exchanges for crypto-crypto but always make sure u have your funds transfered to your wallet when you do not need them on exchange!

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:25:12 AM

well 100k is huge money, I'd give them to the professional investors and trades, like some kind of cryptofund.
Couve

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:34:42 AM

Hello, this is my first post but have been reading a while. I registered because there a few users who really seem to know what they're talking about.

I have a lot of questions  so  please have patience

I'm going to be investing around $100k into a few  coins. I don't understand the logic of investing in 15-20 coins and investing solely in 1 coin seems a bit risky. My first question   is  regarding the big stable coins.. I  want to invest at least half of the $100k into   a coin such as btc, eth, ltc

Out of the the big coins, which would you recommend  as the best  bet over the long run? My definition of long term is  3 years minimum. I feel very safe investing into btc but if the consensus is eth or ltc  I'll take that into consideration. A mix of 2 of them is also something I'm considering

Now to the altcoins.  I'll likely be  starting  investing  in some altcoins  within a week or 2.

Which altcoins are you guys really really  hopeful of?  I'd like to divide this into 2 cases.

Altcoins which will be a boom in the   long run and should hold.

altcoins which will see a huge boom  within a few months/days/weeks  to a year  which  then might dip or crash. I'd get  out of these coins during the pump and buy more  btc/eth etc   then  repeat the process.

I have another   questioning regarding withdrawals and trading. I'm currently in the United States and there's a lot of restrictions it seems. I'm cut off from many markets. Can I accomplish most of this while residing in the States or  would it to be beneficial to get a residency permit in a place such as Curacao or the Netherlands?

Finally, let's say I make a very large profit and attempt to withdraw  into a bank account or   into another wallet, should that nott be an issue? Which exchanges   should I be looking at? I'm currently using Bitstamp  mainly but now have an account on Bitfinex.   Fantastic board here

Besides the different points which were already raised, I would add that it would be better to also diversify your investment in regards to time-frame.

Meaning: maybe do 25k today, give it a couple days, another 25k, etc.

I would even stretch it by placing the 100k throughout a full month. This might end up being good or bad, but it allows you to decrease the volatily risk, which in theory improves your risk-adjusted returns profile.

Furthermore, I personally would work with at least 2 exchanges - first it is good to have redundancy built in, second it decreases your chances of being questioned about large amounts of money flowing through.
Archimedes (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:36:39 AM

Yeah it was more a joke.

doing exactly the same, I think 2017 is major year for quick not-so-hard profits with smaller amounts of given portfolio... Wink
yeye

I would say it's not low, just do not store much money on exchange and use bigger ones like bitstamp for fiat-crypto transfers, then rest of the exchanges for crypto-crypto but always make sure u have your funds transfered to your wallet when you do not need them on exchange!

just want to make sure of something. I understand the fiat part but let's say i have a coin...  and I try to convert it on an exchange. So far so good but then I wanna put it in my wallet. They can't stop that?  

Couve, I'm likely going to do that the more I think about it.

krizniq

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:44:34 AM

just want to make sure of something. I understand the fiat part but let's say i have a coin...  and I try to convert it on an exchange. So far so good but then I wanna put it in my wallet. They can't stop that?   

If your coins are on exchange basically you are not owning them, if you make withdrawal request it may or may not be processed, but in verified exchanges it's not an issue really.
Do not use strange ones and you'll be fine.

Never ever do that!
cryptos are here for everybody to be their own banks, letting somebody else to play with your money is much more riskier than proceed on your own!

"sorry bro, you've lost all .... bad luck, give me more" this is what actual stock-exchanges looks like. Been there seen that (before cryptos was born), lost money and never ever again

Archimedes (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:58:42 AM

just want to make sure of something. I understand the fiat part but let's say i have a coin...  and I try to convert it on an exchange. So far so good but then I wanna put it in my wallet. They can't stop that?   

If your coins are on exchange basically you are not owning them, if you make withdrawal request it may or may not be processed, but in verified exchanges it's not an issue really.
Do not use strange ones and you'll be fine.

Never ever do that!
cryptos are here for everybody to be their own banks, letting somebody else to play with your money is much more riskier than proceed on your own!

"sorry bro, you've lost all .... bad luck, give me more" this is what actual stock-exchanges looks like. Been there seen that (before cryptos was born), lost money and never ever again

Smiley i think you confused couve with the guy before. I'm going to  slowly introduce the money into the exachanges. There's 0 chance I give my money to some fund. I'm quite confident I'll be ok doing this.  I'm gonna put a lot in btc  most likely just because i think its safe and  i'll invest a sum im ok with losing  such as $5000 to $10000 into one or 2 of these altcoins that might go up a lot. If they don't, i'll be annoyed but not a huge deal.   Is Radium available now on a verified exchange?
octopus

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:13:59 PM

Don't believe anything on bitcointalk say u invest anything. It u want advice u can request but don't think all they say is the truth!

krizniq

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:14:33 PM

yeah I've misread one reply
I though that you want to give your money to somebody to invest for yoi Smiley

pardon me Smiley

krizniq

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:17:35 PM

Is Radium available now on a verified exchange?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/radium/#markets

polo has it's bright moments, but ... but but, bittrex is probably better bet - but I hate their UI Wink

Archimedes (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:37:03 PM

polo has it's bright moments, but ... but but, bittrex is probably better bet - but I hate their UI Wink

there is a less than 0% probability that I ever use Polo after reading  all the negative stories. Anyone here  evver withdraw a nice sum  ( more than 50kusd worth) of coin from bittrex?  Leads me to my next question. I see people happy about how much money they've made on decred... but has anyone here actually  cashed out a significant sum of money from decred? I'm just using it as an example. 
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:27:36 PM

If you have any substantial amount invested into any coin do not keep your coin on an exchange. Transfer them to an offline wallet and back it up and make sure you don't lose it. Ideally buy a Trezor to keep your coins safe. There have been a lot of people who lost access to their coins either due to a lack of care or due to exchanges closing, getting hacked or getting "hacked".

Be as paranoid as you can and don't trust anyone or you'll regret it.
krizniq

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:06:46 PM

there is a less than 0% probability that I ever use Polo after reading  all the negative stories. Anyone here  evver withdraw a nice sum  ( more than 50kusd worth) of coin from bittrex?  Leads me to my next question. I see people happy about how much money they've made on decred... but has anyone here actually  cashed out a significant sum of money from decred? I'm just using it as an example.  

a lot of people cashing out, but with 3btc limit on trex it will take few days to actually cash out.
really for bigger amounts use Bitstamp - for BTC-fiat my only option, I'm not willing to gamble my money somewhere else.

I'm trading on Bitfinex and Bittrex and few others, but only smaller amounts. Well I now have quite a few money on finex ... but this is gamble you have to take if you want to trade more.

Bobobog

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:12:48 PM

Invest in decentralised web. It has a bright future. Shift is a good to invest in.
Khurram Bin Kamal

Activity: 200

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:32:14 PM

Diversify your investment into 5 to 8 coins
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:18:17 PM

I would suggest you to buy Bitcoin, Ethereum and litecoin for half of the amount. For the remaining amount, buy other good altcoins like Neo, Waves, Monero( when it dips), stratis, lisk, Etc for 25K. The remaining 25k, i would go for smaller altcoins like Shift, Zencash, Florin which have tremendous growth potential. That is what I am currently doing. Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: