Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for help creating an ICO  (Read 209 times)
magik20 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 02:45:32 PM

I'm presently fundraising for a telecom company that has about 1/3 of the funds needed from local investors.

I realize at present most (all?) ICO's are usually directly Crypto related, however I was thinking perhaps it would be an interesting way to raise capital for my new startup.

My (very rough) idea is:

Create a fixed number of tokens based on the ETH chain?

Advertise the ICO and describe in detail our business plan (without giving away too much information to protect ourselves from our competition unless an NDA was signed) including all of our team (our team has some very qualified people with 20-30 years in big business, great reputations etc)

Sell the token for BTC / ETH etc to raise capital

Assign shareholder certificates to the token owner (same legal projection as our local investors)

Once profitable (we forecast just under 2 years) quarterly we pay a dividend back to the token holders in BTC / ETC etc.

We are looking for a 10% quarterly dividend based off profits, also the same deal the local investors are getting (but the token holders would instead receive the USD equivalent in BTC / ETH etc)

All our books would be audited by one of the big 4 accounting companies...

So, overall, does this idea have merit? Have ICO's been used in this capacity yet?  I do see a new crypto mining farm doing their capital raise with an ICO, hence giving me some faith this could work.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
charles62769

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:17:34 PM

Do you know how to create the token and the wallet? I wanted to also create an ICO to raise capital for a semi crypto currency project. I think the way you are going with your idea is what might bring in better investors as most people don't know what a blockchain is. If you can PM me I'll share the link to a business that creates the token and wallet for you. I have not done it because I would need help getting my idea up and running.
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:48:01 PM

I am not too excited about your idea. There were ro many ICOs lately and what I noticed is that whenever there is a project without direct connection to blockchain, people start asking "why do you need blockchain for your project, go get a bank loan". I know this is sometimes hard if you don't have good salary and bank doesn't approve you loan request.
Also I am not sure how that would work, that tokens represent you share in a company.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: