Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:40:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TZC] TrezarCoin Super-Secure-PoW/PoS  (Read 156531 times)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:48:46 PM

So, a couple of days ago I received another 100 TZC from mining but the weight and number of inputs reported in the Penrose triangle haven't changed (14855 and 148, respectively). I checked github to see if I missed a wallet update, but it's still the same version from 14-SEP-2017.

Nebulous and mercurial, this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
statt

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:30:46 PM

Hi, your project looks great. Art your token is etc-20?

This is not a token. It's a multi-algorithm blockchain.
Please take a couple minutes to read the first ANN post or the whitepaper.  Smiley
statt

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 04:43:00 PM

So, a couple of days ago I received another 100 TZC from mining but the weight and number of inputs reported in the Penrose triangle haven't changed (14855 and 148, respectively). I checked github to see if I missed a wallet update, but it's still the same version from 14-SEP-2017.

Are you saying you mined another 100 TZC from PoW mining (solo or pool), or that you mined 100 TZC from a PoS block?
I was a paragraph-deep into offering an explanation from the latter perspective when I realized that you may have meant PoW mined.

Please let me know which so that I can avoid posting information that will end up being useless.  Smiley
MagicSmoker

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:48:27 PM

Are you saying you mined another 100 TZC from PoW mining (solo or pool), or that you mined 100 TZC from a PoS block?
I was a paragraph-deep into offering an explanation from the latter perspective when I realized that you may have meant PoW mined.

Please let me know which so that I can avoid posting information that will end up being useless.  Smiley

Sorry that wasn't clear - I meant PoW mining on a pool. When I posted this earlier it had not yet been a full 48 hours since I received the mining payment of 100.46 TZC; now slightly more than 48 hours have passed and my coin weight has finally started increasing (and inputs are 149, which is what I expected to see given I received one more payment).

Not a big deal, but my understanding is that new coins are added to your coin weight after 1 full day has passed, not 2. Hence why I posted this.

statt

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:00:45 PM

Sorry that wasn't clear - I meant PoW mining on a pool. When I posted this earlier it had not yet been a full 48 hours since I received the mining payment of 100.46 TZC; now slightly more than 48 hours have passed and my coin weight has finally started increasing (and inputs are 149, which is what I expected to see given I received one more payment).

Not a big deal, but my understanding is that new coins are added to your coin weight after 1 full day has passed, not 2. Hence why I posted this.

I don't know if you've mentioned before, but are you running a trezarcoin.conf (what is often just referred to as the conf file)?
Until the next wallet update (soon I believe), without a conf the default time-to-stake-eligible-maturity is over 24 hours.

Well, at least it wasn't a PoS-context question.
My answer to that was a lot more detailed/complicated.  Grin
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:11:42 AM

New Core-Update coming on sunday.

ChangeLog:

-Typos fixxed from ORB -> TZC port
-IRC removed
-Stakecombine/Stakesplit raised to 5k/10k
-Config creation on first startup with all needed parameters/addnodes
-Watchonly address support
-Logo updated
-Atomic Swaps

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
TRexMcStubyArms

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:49:02 PM

New Core-Update coming on sunday.

ChangeLog:

-IRC removed
-Logo updated
-Atomic Swaps

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ

Thank you Chekaz
MagicSmoker

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:01:06 PM

I don't know if you've mentioned before, but are you running a trezarcoin.conf (what is often just referred to as the conf file)?
Until the next wallet update (soon I believe), without a conf the default time-to-stake-eligible-maturity is over 24 hours.

Well, at least it wasn't a PoS-context question.
My answer to that was a lot more detailed/complicated.  Grin

Nope, I have not made nor have a trezarcoin.conf file. I've seen a few references to such, but no official documentation explaining it. I guess I am one of the few people on the planet that actually RTFM's so the lack of a manual to read is both liberating - I can't possibly be blamed for not doing things correctly - but also frustrating; more so, that, really.

However, it looks like @Chekaz is about to release a new wallet that will render this discussion moot; or, at least, actually create a .conf file.

Thanks for your help once again; your tireless devotion is one of the reasons why I keep mining this coin even though the whole market appears to have taken way too much GHB and is now puking itself into oblivion...  Tongue

statt

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:44:43 PM

Nope, I have not made nor have a trezarcoin.conf file. I've seen a few references to such, but no official documentation explaining it. I guess I am one of the few people on the planet that actually RTFM's so the lack of a manual to read is both liberating - I can't possibly be blamed for not doing things correctly - but also frustrating; more so, that, really.

Well, you're not far off. There is some confusion in the older guides (which will be sanitized soon).
But we do have the fairly logical How To Mine nav option at the website, under which is Proof-of-Stake which leads to:
https://trezarcoin.com/pos/

The conf instructions there should be pretty decent iirc.

However, it looks like @Chekaz is about to release a new wallet that will render this discussion moot; or, at least, actually create a .conf file.

Thanks for your help once again; your tireless devotion is one of the reasons why I keep mining this coin even though the whole market appears to have taken way too much GHB and is now puking itself into oblivion...  Tongue

Yes, you are correct. The wallet update as I understand it will streamline a lot of things related to the conf as well as default values.

And it's very nice of you to express your thanks--it is certainly appreciated and not taken for granted. Cheesy
I hope that some of these responses are helpful, but I do recognize they may not always be so.  Grin
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 04:09:16 PM
Merited by TRexMcStubyArms (1)

New Core-Upgrade is live! https://github.com/trezarcoin/trezarcoin/releases

Features:
-IRC removed
-Logo updated
-Atomic Swaps
-Default /Data location changed to "%appdata%/TrezarCoin"

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ

statt

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:13:19 AM

Since it is likely to be asked:

Important notice, this update is not a mandatory update.
It's an implementation of features which don't affect the "core-structure".
TRexMcStubyArms

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:37:49 PM

ChekaZ,

I swapped out the old wallet for the new one but the new one isn't finding my old wallet data.  I know it rebuilt the chain but did it completely wipe out my dat info as well?  I backed up the old wallet prior to the switch, do I have to drag that back to the appdata folder?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question in advance.
statt

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:40:06 PM

ChekaZ,

I swapped out the old wallet for the new one but the new one isn't finding my old wallet data.  I know it rebuilt the chain but did it completely wipe out my dat info as well?  I backed up the old wallet prior to the switch, do I have to drag that back to the appdata folder?

Based on my understanding of what you did, I would imagine you need to have the wallet(s) closed and copy the old one's data folder to the new location (/Data location changed to "%appdata%/TrezarCoin"). If I misunderstood, please feel free to clarify.

As always, please keep careful backups.

Good luck!
statt

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:53:49 PM

Updated bootstrap available for those that need it.
Same link as before, found in the nav for the website:

https://trezarcoin.com/bootstrap.dat
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:15:02 PM

ChekaZ,

Yeah its now trying to get the information out of the %appdata%/TrezarCoin Folder instead of the /Data folder next to the trezarcoin-qt.exe. So you need to copy everything which is inside of your /Data folder into the %appdata%/TrezarCoin Folder.

We added that to prevent wallet.dat losses, as it doesnt get "rebuilt" everytime you move your trezarcoin-qt.exe

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ

MagicSmoker

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:47:10 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 10:05:57 AM by MagicSmoker

Yeah its now trying to get the information out of the %appdata%/TrezarCoin Folder instead of the /Data folder next to the trezarcoin-qt.exe. So you need to copy everything which is inside of your /Data folder into the %appdata%/TrezarCoin Folder.

You missed a couple of things in this explanation for Windows users. First is that the new TrezarCoin data folder is located under %appdata%\Roaming, not just %appdata%, and it is, of course, called TrezarCoin, rather than data. To speed things along, copy the existing data subdirectory to c:\users\<username>\appdata\Roaming\ and then rename it TrezarCoin BEFORE running the new wallet program.

Second is that the new wallet is tagged as a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.a!cl) but this is almost certainly a false positive (or, I should say, it better be) so this file needs to be excluded from scanning. For those who have not done this before it's fairly simple but you have to dig deep. First open Windows Defender (either via Settings or the up-arrow in the right side of the tray), then click on the "Virus & Threat Protection" shield, then scroll down and click on "Virus & Threat Protection Settings," then scroll down and click on "Add or remove exclusions" to add the file or folder you want to exclude from scanning. Practically speaking, you'll likely have to add your Downloads folder to the exclusion list as well, even though that almost entirely defeats the purpose of having anti-virus software in the first place. M$ fails yet again, is all I can say.

EDIT - I learned something new: "cd %appdata%" does, indeed, go to c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming, and not just the appdata parent directory! So I struck out the incorrect text above.
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:52:03 PM

You missed a couple of things in this explanation for Windows users. First is that the new TrezarCoin data folder is located under %appdata%\Roaming, not just %appdata%, and it is, of course, called TrezarCoin, rather than data. To speed things along, copy the existing data subdirectory to c:\users\%username%\appdata\ and then rename it TrezarCoin BEFORE running the new wallet program.

Second is that the new wallet is tagged as a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.a!cl) but this is almost certainly a false positive (or, I should say, it better be) so this file needs to be excluded from scanning. For those who have not done this before it's fairly simple but you have to dig deep. First open Windows Defender (either via Settings or the up-arrow in the right side of the tray), then click on the "Virus & Threat Protection" shield, then scroll down and click on "Virus & Threat Protection Settings," then scroll down and click on "Add or remove exclusions" to add the file or folder you want to exclude from scanning. Practically speaking, you'll likely have to add your Downloads folder to the exclusion list as well, even though that almost entirely defeats the purpose of having anti-virus software in the first place. M$ fails yet again, is all I can say.

No its %appdata%/TrezarCoin, to be completely precise. Try it out and type %appdata% in your directory-search.

Thanks for explaining this with the Windows-Defender. - We have already improved the false-positives with virustotal, still WindowsDefender doesnt like it. - Virustotal shows 0/64.

MagicSmoker

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:20:54 AM

You missed a couple of things in this explanation for Windows users...

Second is that the new wallet is tagged as a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.a!cl) but this is almost certainly a false positive (or, I should say, it better be) so this file needs to be excluded from scanning....

No its %appdata%/TrezarCoin, to be completely precise. Try it out and type %appdata% in your directory-search.

Thanks for explaining this with the Windows-Defender. - We have already improved the false-positives with virustotal, still WindowsDefender doesnt like it. - Virustotal shows 0/64.

Huh, in all my years I never once tried the command "cd %appdata%" but it does, indeed, change to c:\users\<username>\appdata\Roaming! I edited my post to correct my mistake.

As for Windows Defender, I have had to exclude all mining programs and most wallets from it over the last 2 months as every definition update seems to target mining more and more. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects this is because lots of mining rigs running Win10 don't bother activating it...  Roll Eyes

Speaking of the new wallet, I see it still displays the same cryptic data on staking (# of inputs, # of coin days, # inputs min age, etc) rather than provide a more human-friendly estimate of the time (or range of time) to receive a block reward from PoS. Are there any plans to change this behavior, because PoS is a core feature of TZC, yet it seems to be treated like the proverbial red-headed stepchild?

Cookie.Monsters

Activity: 440

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:51:09 PM

Second is that the new wallet is tagged as a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.a!cl) but this is almost certainly a false positive (or, I should say, it better be) so this file needs to be excluded from scanning....

Huh, in all my years I never once tried the command "cd %appdata%" but it does, indeed, change to c:\users\<username>\appdata\Roaming! I edited my post to correct my mistake.

As for Windows Defender, I have had to exclude all mining programs and most wallets from it over the last 2 months as every definition update seems to target mining more and more. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects this is because lots of mining rigs running Win10 don't bother activating it...  Roll Eyes

Speaking of the new wallet, I see it still displays the same cryptic data on staking (# of inputs, # of coin days, # inputs min age, etc) rather than provide a more human-friendly estimate of the time (or range of time) to receive a block reward from PoS. Are there any plans to change this behavior, because PoS is a core feature of TZC, yet it seems to be treated like the proverbial red-headed stepchild?

I support the request to change the staking output to a most common way of doing it, i.e. estimate of the time needed to hit next stake.
Also, I would suggest adding the false-positive check to the standard process of wallet upgrade as to reduce the confusion by at least issuing a warning on the subject at the time of wallet upgrade release, if not by adapting the code a bit to avoid triggering recognition.
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:00:32 PM

I will take a look into this display "issue", shouldnt take too much time. But I think I wont do a pre-release of 0.13 for this display "fix". So it should be included into the next mature release.

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ

Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: