Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:42:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TZC] TrezarCoin Super-Secure-PoW/PoS  (Read 156533 times)
Golden Moon

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:52:27 PM

Im curious about this project... What exacly is the purpose? I dont see much info about it on the OP... Will it compete with BTC has a system of storing value or will have any technical competitive edge that have not been disclosed yet?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:00:07 AM

Im curious about this project... What exacly is the purpose? I dont see much info about it on the OP... Will it compete with BTC has a system of storing value or will have any technical competitive edge that have not been disclosed yet?

We got a website and a whitepaper, if you still got questions left afterwards, feel free to ask Smiley

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:46:59 PM

We are happy to announce the TZC-Voting, it is integrated into TrezarFundMe and will give the community a voice. -> https://trezarcoin.com/trezarfundme

How does it work?
- You vote for your choice, every TZC sent to the address counts.
- There is no limit on how many TZC you can send, so its not 1 TZC per User.

What will happen with the voted funds?
- We will setup new bounties & giveaways, also will a portion of it be used to fund listings/development.
- After the vote ends and the winner is decided, I ( ChekaZ) will transfer all funds to a public visible address: -> TpH3ziX1y1Ppy8PpTtbb1a3tNxD88qBBng
- Everyone can see whats happening with the coins, and where they are going.

First Vote is already set up. - We want to rename the "confusing" 0% PoS into something, everyone understands.
We offered two choices, which were pre-decided.

We would love to hear your voice. -> https://trezarcoin.com/trezarfundme

*This vote will be open until the 7th of july 6pm CET.

Kind regards,
ChekaZ

muckrucker

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:48:21 AM

Is there a minimum amount of coins that need to be in the wallet for it to stake?

I've had over 100 (not much I know) with the proper config file in the wallet for a while now and it doesn't appear to be doing anything.

Just wondering if it's normal with this small amount.  Grin

edit.... It says it's enabled with a POS difficulty of 17.1, but I've never seen anything besides this in the right corner

Stake amount is always the same, but to see daily stakes, you need at least 150k-200k coins.

Well that solves that  Cool
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:31:25 AM

First Vote is already set up. - We want to rename the "confusing" 0% PoS into something, everyone understands.

Does this mean the wallet will finally give us an estimate of the time to receive a block from staking?

Or do you guys like answering the same "when stake?" question on every page of this thread?  Grin

jugger1028

Activity: 213
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 06:25:03 PM
Merited by ChekaZ (2)

Does this mean the wallet will finally give us an estimate of the time to receive a block from staking?

Or do you guys like answering the same "when stake?" question on every page of this thread?  Grin

I don't believe there is an exact number, since you're playing the averages game with PoS staking. I believe the formula provides that you will see a return of anywhere between 15-20% of your total coins each YEAR. So, if someone is staking 100 coins, it's highly unlikely, BUT possible, that he would hit a stake because that person would get a 100% return (100 coins reward on 100 coins in the wallet being staked). So then the next question is how many coins will you see? Use math.. 1000 coins will get you 150-200 coins a year. If each stake is 100 coins, that 1000 coins in your wallet might hit a stake 1-2x in the entire year. Why? Because 2 stake hits = 200 coins which is 20% return on your wallet investment.

Someone might say hey, I have 10k coins in my wallet and haven't seen a stake yet! Other questions need to be asked then.. How many inputs do you have your coins grouped into? Do you have 100 inputs of 100 coins? Then see above.. Highly unlikely to hit 1x per year. Do you have them grouped in 5 inputs of 2k each input? Yea, then you'll see 2-3 stakes PER input each year.. Hey but I just bought 50,000 coins and it's been 2 weeks and no stake! Yes.. well that could be because you're playing the averages game. 15-20% average means average... it doesn't mean you're on an exact schedule. Baseball players can hit for an average of .300 avg every season, in the first month they might hit .150 avg.. But next month he might hit for .450 average..

I hope this helps answer the questions on "when staking" Wink

Check out Trezarcoin @ Trezarcoin.com, book +VIP hotel stays with -20% discounts from Expedia by using $TZC to Pay, TrezarTravels.com to learn more!
MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:03:10 PM

I don't believe there is an exact number, since you're playing the averages game with PoS staking.

Of course there isn't an exact number; that's why I wrote, "an estimate of the time to receive a block" and not an exact date. Don't make me seem like more of an idiot than I actually am!  Tongue

How many inputs do you have your coins grouped into? Do you have 100 inputs of 100 coins? Then see above.. Highly unlikely to hit 1x per year. 

I keep seeing reference to this inputs thing and to be honest, I don't think I ever understood it correctly in the context of TZC (which seems to use a slightly different definition of an input than, say, BTC). What's the best way to condense your existing coin balance down to one input? Send it all to another address in your wallet or what? I have 2000 TZC spread across 151 inputs and based on what you just wrote above - and what, e.g., @statt has written previously - this is supremely bad for staking.

AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:16:43 AM

I keep seeing reference to this inputs thing and to be honest, I don't think I ever understood it correctly in the context of TZC (which seems to use a slightly different definition of an input than, say, BTC). What's the best way to condense your existing coin balance down to one input? Send it all to another address in your wallet or what? I have 2000 TZC spread across 151 inputs and based on what you just wrote above - and what, e.g., @statt has written previously - this is supremely bad for staking.

use coincontrol select all inputs and send them to an address you control (even the adress their in is fine) if you want to join your inputs into 1.
personally I wouldnt bother if you hit a block the wallet should rejoin your inputs, max stake age is 14 days if memory serves so tbh the chances of getting a reward with 2k are slim regardless of how you've got them split on average my 185k coins only stake once per day so I'd say you need more coins rather than one input

MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:07:03 AM

What's the best way to condense your existing coin balance down to one input?

use coincontrol select all inputs and send them to an address you control (even the adress their in is fine) if you want to join your inputs into 1.
personally I wouldnt bother if you hit a block the wallet should rejoin your inputs, max stake age is 14 days if memory serves so tbh the chances of getting a reward with 2k are slim regardless of how you've got them split on average my 185k coins only stake once per day so I'd say you need more coins rather than one input

Hmm, this made absolutely no sense when I first read it, but fortunately I am very curious and prone to getting into trouble because of it so I went poking around the wallet and found an option called "enable coin control beta." After enabling it I then pressed the "coin control" button and selected both addresses that received payments from mining as inputs (tree mode) then went back to the send screen and sent the entire balance, minus a 0.26 TZC Tx fee, to the first mining address. The wallet asked me to confirm paying the "higher than normal" fee and the only indications something happened were that the fee showed up in recent payments, my balance was marked as unconfirmed and my wallet stopped staking.

After the balance was confirmed I re-enabled staking then checked the Penrose triangle and it still says I have 151 inputs weighing 29832 coin days?! So it looks like nothing happened, except when I go back to coin control it now says all of my coins are in one address, not two, and that there is only one input. So something happened - besides paying a 0.26 TZC fee - but I'm not sure whether there was any point to it or not?

Oh, and I know that my 2k coins won't receive a stake very often, but based on comments in this thread I've inferred it should happen every 90 days or so; I'm cool with that.

AltScope

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:53:51 PM
Merited by MagicSmoker (1)

Hmm, this made absolutely no sense when I first read it, but fortunately I am very curious and prone to getting into trouble because of it so I went poking around the wallet and found an option called "enable coin control beta." After enabling it I then pressed the "coin control" button and selected both addresses that received payments from mining as inputs (tree mode) then went back to the send screen and sent the entire balance, minus a 0.26 TZC Tx fee, to the first mining address. The wallet asked me to confirm paying the "higher than normal" fee and the only indications something happened were that the fee showed up in recent payments, my balance was marked as unconfirmed and my wallet stopped staking.

After the balance was confirmed I re-enabled staking then checked the Penrose triangle and it still says I have 151 inputs weighing 29832 coin days?! So it looks like nothing happened, except when I go back to coin control it now says all of my coins are in one address, not two, and that there is only one input. So something happened - besides paying a 0.26 TZC fee - but I'm not sure whether there was any point to it or not?

Oh, and I know that my 2k coins won't receive a stake very often, but based on comments in this thread I've inferred it should happen every 90 days or so; I'm cool with that.

thats weird try restarting the wallet  Huh

the main concern I'd have with 2000 is the max age which I was wrong about its 16 days not 14 days, what that means is after 16 days they stop gaining age/weight. If you dont stake after 16 days you need to add more coins to get more weight and increase your chances of staking.

marecek666

Activity: 236
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:00:28 PM

What's the best way to condense your existing coin balance down to one input?

just wait 24 hours after the first confirmation of this tx and staking will be working with new input, just restart your wallet after 24 hours. I can see this happening in TZC and ORB wallet too.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:13:37 PM

thats weird try restarting the wallet  Huh

the main concern I'd have with 2000 is the max age which I was wrong about its 16 days not 14 days, what that means is after 16 days they stop gaining age/weight. If you dont stake after 16 days you need to add more coins to get more weight and increase your chances of staking.

Restarting the wallet reset the minimum age to 0 which is what I expected to happen, so that appears to have done the trick.

Also, interesting point about needing sufficient coins to stake every 16 days, minimum, because coin-weight stops increasing after that time. I never really considered that before, but it makes perfect sense now that you pointed it out!  Tongue

So, a merit for your help! It ain't much, but it's something.

jugger1028

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 03:20:56 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 03:55:56 PM by jugger1028

Some of the more widely discussed topics on inputs and groupings are that you would like to get your inputs grouped into several smaller ones rather than very few bigger ones. The thinking is the amount of time it takes to get an input to max age of 16 days would suck if you only had 1 or 2 inputs with large sums in each input. Sure, you’d hit that input sooner, but it would take 16 days again to ramp back up along with the 24 hrs reset time. Whereas 10 smaller inputs of reasonable size (maybe 4-5k is decent enough) would have more inputs working at max age looking for blocks and would then stand more of a chance to hit. And once one hit, you wouldn’t need to have most of your coins tied up in a 24hr reset coin weight period and requiring another 16days to max age again. So there is slightly more value in splitting the inputs up into several moderate sized inputs rather than 2-3 large inputs. As always, if you're at max age right now you might want to wait until you hit a stake before you do any coin moving so as not to reset your coin age.

I think for newer people that do not group their inputs and send 100-200 coins from the pool to their wallet and do nothing else are really losing out on staking. I think if you’re a miner that has the pool send money to their wallet, you would benefit greatly by coming to the tzc Discord or Slack channel and speaking to Stat or any of the members to optimize your input grouping. He helped me and I’ve been staking well ever since.

Check out Trezarcoin @ Trezarcoin.com, book +VIP hotel stays with -20% discounts from Expedia by using $TZC to Pay, TrezarTravels.com to learn more!
MagicSmoker

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:12:44 PM

Some of the more widely discussed topics on inputs and groupings are that you would like to get your inputs grouped into several smaller ones rather than very few bigger ones. The thinking is the amount of time it takes to get an input to max age of 16 days would suck if you only had 1 or 2 inputs with large sums in each input.

This makes a lot of sense in the context of what AltScope previously wrote, but what is an ideal number of coins per input to earn a stake every 14-16 days? My seat-o-the-pants estimate is around 10000, understanding the PoS difficulty is not constant, etc.

jugger1028

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 07:36:07 PM

Some of the more widely discussed topics on inputs and groupings are that you would like to get your inputs grouped into several smaller ones rather than very few bigger ones. The thinking is the amount of time it takes to get an input to max age of 16 days would suck if you only had 1 or 2 inputs with large sums in each input.

This makes a lot of sense in the context of what AltScope previously wrote, but what is an ideal number of coins per input to earn a stake every 14-16 days? My seat-o-the-pants estimate is around 10000, understanding the PoS difficulty is not constant, etc.

A stake every 15 days = 2 stakes a month = 24 stakes a year = 2400 coins.. Say an avg of 17% returns a year would require about 14,000 coins staked for a full year. Because 14,000 x 17% (I took the avg of 15-20% PoS return) = 2380 coins.

ChekaZ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:02:33 PM

Community found out that the sweetspot seems to be at 8k - 10k per input. To stake daily you need about 150k-200k coins. So with 10k input you are good set to reach a stake within 16 days. Also luck is involved obviously. - Iam working on a wallet-update right now, which will give an "estimated time to stake".

carrotbanhkook

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:47:36 AM

Anyone here using raspberry pi to stake? Do you have anything else running on the pi? Hoe much of the system resources are used up?
AltScope

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:37:37 AM

Anyone here using raspberry pi to stake? Do you have anything else running on the pi? Hoe much of the system resources are used up?

i used to run wallets on the pi but i found 2-3 was all it was capable of due to ram constraints I moved on to an intel NUC as they're quite cheap & quite low power its currently on a power monitor with 2 laptops mining ytn apparently drawing 71w for all 3, which likely means my monitors dodgy

Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:03:42 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 08:20:34 AM by Andrey123

Hello!
My wallet is not synchronized, I added nods.

And also I can not unpack the archive.
https://cdn1.savepice.ru/uploads/2018/7/8/ae962477a7b0d2035ba2c4e42d81b8b5-full.png

And after closing the wallet, the purse file itself disappears!

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

aciddude

Activity: 179
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 01:05:07 PM

Hello!
My wallet is not synchronized, I added nods.

And also I can not unpack the archive.
https://cdn1.savepice.ru/uploads/2018/7/8/ae962477a7b0d2035ba2c4e42d81b8b5-full.png

And after closing the wallet, the purse file itself disappears!

please make sure you download the wallet from an official source, 

either https://trezarcoin.com  or https://github.com/TrezarCoin/TrezarCoin/releases

- can you explain what you mean by "the purse file itself disappears!" ??

FTC API + Block Explorer https://fsight.chain.tips
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: