Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Have Free Power - What to mine?  (Read 367 times)
sk8tavou (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:13:11 PM

Hello everyone.
Being a long time holder with good profits so far and i have a very good situation in front of me.
Never mined something so i have no idea. I have the capital to start but was never full on because of the power cost of my country.

Out of nowhere i found someone that want to back up this plan and provide me with free electricity and we split profits. It seems like crazy to me so i will do my homework but i also post here to see what other experienced miners will say if they were in a position like this.

Any tips and info are highly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rafael87

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:26:08 PM

Talk to @WhatToMine_bot on telegram.
He will help you better than all of us!
Khurram Bin Kamal

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:10:33 PM

If you have limited funds go for used S7 they are very cheap around $400 US but if you can afford I will recommend S9 and L3+ antminers from bitmain they are super profitable
sk8tavou (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:27:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. I see the antminer saying they have something like 10 TH/s which gives like 300-400$ profit if you mine BTC per month and some crazy numbers like 500K+ if you mine other coins like Dash etc.etc.

What am i missing here?
Using cryptocompare calculator
JohnnyNnex

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:40:33 PM

mine etherium
Khurram Bin Kamal

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:16:47 PM

For every algorithm there are different antminer you can't mine Dash with the same antminer you mine bitcoin because they are on different algorithm
First you have to understand what are different coins and how can you mine them and than which coin you choose to mine
Than afterwards you have to decide how much money you can spend
Off course Bitcoin is the gold of cryptocurrency and you can't neglect it so for bitcoin you will be needing S9 ANTMINER from bitmain or AVALON miner from cannon
For litecoin L3+  from bitmain or A4  from innosilicon or LW21 from BW.COM
For Dash D3 from bitmain or 11g from ibelink.com or A5 from innosilicon
All the above coins are ASIC miners specific only
Then there are GPU cards mining coins in which Ethereum is on the top followed by monero and Ethereum classic and Zcash to name a few
Every new coin which is mineable can be miner by GPU cards rigs

Every coin has a different difficulty level and according to that there is profitability level
You can't just put a hashrate of 10 ths which is for bitcoin only in calculating Dash or Litecoin or for that any other coin that's why you are getting 500k $ profit for Dash which is wrong only 400 $ profit for bitcoin is right bcz you can not mine Dash with that machine
Cookies_N_Cream

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:17:57 PM

Hello everyone.
Being a long time holder with good profits so far and i have a very good situation in front of me.
Never mined something so i have no idea. I have the capital to start but was never full on because of the power cost of my country.

Out of nowhere i found someone that want to back up this plan and provide me with free electricity and we split profits. It seems like crazy to me so i will do my homework but i also post here to see what other experienced miners will say if they were in a position like this.

Any tips and info are highly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time.

Wow good for you. I haven't tried mining yet since the setup is something that I really can't afford right now but on a group where I am a member they mine Etherium. I recently stumbled on a discussion about antminers where you can earn $200-$300 per day so you can have your ROI for a couple of months I think. I hope I have someone to back me up too but it is definitely hard to find one in my case so good luck with your homework and hopefully you find one most suitable for you both.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: