Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:23:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin trading with low budget  (Read 1898 times)
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:28:47 PM

I would advise paying attention to NEO, it is now in a good price range. Also XEM and STRAT. But first of all, study these coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:51:47 PM

My opinion you can pick Waves , Ethereum , Litecoin and some Dogecoin , these Altcoin the price growing slow but sure.

I would not pick Dogecoin the days of Dogecoin are long gone. Back in 2014/2015 it was big, but now it is going the way of the Dodo, sadly.
Dogecoin is just going up again and is good to transfer Bitcoins fast and cheap indirectly. But you are right, its to risky to invest into doge.
400$ is large enough to create a good portfolio of wellknown cryptos. I would take Bitcoin for half amount and the rest for wellknown altcoins like for example Ethereum, Dash, ZCash, Litecoin and so on and ICOs of promising projects with innovative or social projects like Solar DAO Coin or CareCoin. You can find many helpful infos about ICOs here in altcoin section.
So buy $200 BTC, $200 different altcoins. Hodl it for 2-3 month or longer, sell it when it's high and reinvest funds into new currencies ?
What you think about BAT?
Yes, I would do so. About BAT. Have not enough info to give a good advice on it.  Some say it is overvalued and others expect it to grow significantly. With such tokens I would invest a little amount just to take the chance to gain some profits meanwhile not risking to much. But follow also your own opinion.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:13:19 PM

My opinion you can pick Waves , Ethereum , Litecoin and some Dogecoin , these Altcoin the price growing slow but sure.

I would not pick Dogecoin the days of Dogecoin are long gone. Back in 2014/2015 it was big, but now it is going the way of the Dodo, sadly.
Dogecoin is just going up again and is good to transfer Bitcoins fast and cheap indirectly. But you are right, its to risky to invest into doge.
400$ is large enough to create a good portfolio of wellknown cryptos. I would take Bitcoin for half amount and the rest for wellknown altcoins like for example Ethereum, Dash, ZCash, Litecoin and so on and ICOs of promising projects with innovative or social projects like Solar DAO Coin or CareCoin. You can find many helpful infos about ICOs here in altcoin section.
So buy $200 BTC, $200 different altcoins. Hodl it for 2-3 month or longer, sell it when it's high and reinvest funds into new currencies ?
Yes, I would do so. About BAT. Have not enough info to give a good advice on it.  Some say it is overvalued and others expect it to grow significantly. With such tokens I would invest a little amount just to take the chance to gain some profits meanwhile not risking to much. But follow also your own opinion.

BAT has got rejected to list in Bittrex so i think the price will fall surely so that time you can buy it, apart from this you can also check with ICN, TIME coins which are also having a good projects running and in long term they will give you very nice profit.
IliaNoz (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:41:35 AM

Hello, It's my first steps in Crypto World. Great Community, read a lot of useful stuff.
I want to start investing in currencies/assets.
At this time I'm low on budget, can invest max $400-500.
So investing in top currencies is not worth I think.
Which would be better to research solid cryptocurrency that already exists or invest this money into ICO-s (I know risk are high when we are talking about ICO)?
Or wait till I raise my funds like 1k or more.
I know on this budget long-term is a little stupid, so which will be better for the short-term period.
I have researched some of the projects , that I think is worth to invest. BAT, OMG, LISK, NEO.
Any advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance
You should start investing as much as you can afford. You don't need to be buying 1 whole coin to start making profits. Invest on smaller fractions of coins which have good potential. Don't forget about opportunity cost. You will be missing out the potential gain if you wait to raise your funds to 1k.
Also beaware of users who will encourage you to invest on some shit coins. They are from pump/dump groups wanting to make some quick profit.
Yeah I was thinking about opportunity cost. I'm not going to invest in shit coins, research is key and I'm not lazy about it.
How can I evaluation potential? Solid project, roadmap, whitepaper, dev team, advisers?  And what do you think, which is more profitable to invest all the money into 1 project or split on different?
Hafas Rama

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:39:04 PM

Hello, It's my first steps in Crypto World. Great Community, read a lot of useful stuff.
Which would be better to research solid cryptocurrency that already exists or invest this money into ICO-s (I know risk are high when we are talking about ICO)?
I know on this budget long-term is a little stupid, so which will be better for the short-term period.
I have researched some of the projects , that I think is worth to invest. BAT, OMG, LISK, NEO.
I only suggest if you want to buy altcoin for investment or trading you can choose Dash and litecoin.
But you can also use your money to follow ICO to get token for a low price.
But we must be smart to choose ICO.
we can see a promising project concept, a great Team, and a good dev when campaigning.
Good luck

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
RestinStJames

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:44:24 PM

BAT has got rejected to list in Bittrex so i think the price will fall surely so that time you can buy it, apart from this you can also check with ICN, TIME coins which are also having a good projects running and in long term they will give you very nice profit.

BAT is listed on bittrex.

BAT is cool, but it will be a while before it pays off. NEO, LISK, STRATIS, are all great, but I would say buy OMG.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:03:17 AM

$400 - $500 is good to invest on altcoin trading but if you use it for short term trading that is very risky, First because of transaction fees every trade and Second you'll just earn a small profit for every traded and you didn't if you will win or lose every short trade.
My suggestion for you go buy a good long term coins like STRATIS, WAVES, LTC, ETH, XMR and STEEM or cheap coins but good for longterm like XRP, STR, DGB, SC and BCN.
Long term is better than short term trading patience and Technical Analysis is the key to be successful in trading
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:43:35 AM

You could start of what you have considered low value coins for now then when you gained you may trade some of your earned to bitcoin because it is the most promising coins at this moment. Most of us here started at very low profile then as the time past by our level and experiences increases.
You may review complete list of coins at this site coinmarketcap.com for your reference.
crypto4lambo

Activity: 210

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:56:44 AM

We have the same fund. I managed to profit for about 25% in 3 weeks. I trade PAY, DGB and ETH in that span of time. Just set my target profit and check it once or twice a day. It's really helpful if you can read charts and be updated on your coins you are holding. Investing in cryptocurrencies is very volatile. It can skyrocket in just a day or dip hard in just a blink of an eye. But I think, for that value, it's a good starting point for newbie like us. Cheers!

xmod4u

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 02:58:26 AM

Started 2 months ago, was just curious to try with loose money I had in paypal.
Invested 444US, went down to 190US with fees, transfers and rookie mistakes.

Then stopped looking at charts, started reading more and most important... no more compulsive moves.
If you feel remotely rushed into buying or selling, just don't.

Got it back up to 1160US and enjoying the thrill behind it all, but kinda realized I was late to the party, and that the idea of getting rich with this is long gone.

Players that got me back up:

OMG
PAY
TRIG
and good old BTC

the rest is luck of the draw, like they say, buy the rumor sell the news.

good luck buddy.
shenjing85

Activity: 364

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:21:25 AM

I think you can have put some investment in ASCH (XAS), it is a Chinese coins which is very popular in china but not known by western investors because of the jubi.com is not so friendly to English users, but now, bitbays.com is much better, it is time to buy some in my opinion.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:23:02 AM

look for coins that have low prices, but have a large volume
large volumes usually have significant movement, so you can make a nice profit Wink
pawanjain

Activity: 2646
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:35:47 AM

$400 - $500 is not a small amount but actually a good amount to start trading with. At present most of the altcoins are down. If you didnt buy any coins yet it would be the best time to buy as most of the altcoins have gone down because of the price dip in bitcoin. Potential coins like DGB, XRP, NEO, LTC, ETH, ETC, BCC have all come down. So you can either diversify your money in some of these coins or you can put the 80% of amount in 1 or 2 coins of your choice. Always keep 20% to buy coins in future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
veganBBQsauce

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:45:13 AM

I started low budget also. Start doing some research on some of the smaller market cap coins. Find one you believe in than purchase and hold. The ways things are going You'll probably double or triple real fast and can branch out from there. Also don't disregard the top coins, they are still doubling all the time.
I think this is good advice, if your risk tolerance is up for it. And like others have said, after you have bought just hold the coins and don't panic or try exit without profit. Look for something that isn't hyped right now but might get hyped in the future. Be part of the coin's community to make sure it's not a scam. This is crypto everything gets hyped at some point.

Otherwise just put your money in the big boys and don't sell for years. Most of the coins people are recommending here I wouldn't buy myself, except for NEO. For long-term.
sujonali1819
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189

Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 05:11:33 AM

Though you want to invest bitween 400$-500$ so i think it is not small amount for starting tradding.you can two or more things in my openion.
1. if you not satisfied for your balance wait till rise. or
2. buy some coin which just past their ico and listed any big exchange like bittrex and poloniex. or
3. Buy waves,nxt,monaco (now),bts,stratis and hold them.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:15:08 AM

Eth has taken a bit of a fall so may be worth buying on hopeful rise. Litecoin has done very well this year but has it run it's course? Careful with dogecoin. Heard there are some exchanges dropping it so price may drop and be difficult to sell.
ethereumhunter

Activity: 2870
Merit: 541

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:15:22 AM

$400 - $500 is good to invest on altcoin trading but if you use it for short term trading that is very risky, First because of transaction fees every trade and Second you'll just earn a small profit for every traded and you didn't if you will win or lose every short trade.
My suggestion for you go buy a good long term coins like STRATIS, WAVES, LTC, ETH, XMR and STEEM or cheap coins but good for longterm like XRP, STR, DGB, SC and BCN.
Long term is better than short term trading patience and Technical Analysis is the key to be successful in trading

that is right, i am agree with the coin list because i see the coin is good project and also the dev is active and give support for the coins. but i think he can choose the cheap coins because he don't have much budget. i think $400-$500 is a good start to try invest in altcoin and if you can learn how to do daily trading then i am sure than you can increase your money and bitcoin in the same time.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
kaspabha

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:25:37 AM

Doge??? Are you sure?
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:35:35 AM

I suggest investing on coins that are less than $1, in that way you can buy a lot of coins and when the price pump you can profit a lot but before buying you should research about the coin, make sure that the people behind the project are active,make sure that it is increasing in price through time and make sure that the coin is promising. Also if the coin's price drop you shouldn't fret or panic, hold the coin and wait for the price to pump. Always sell to profit! Btw don't invest on coins which are on the market for 3-4 years but the price is still less than $1 it's never profitable.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
jasonjm

Activity: 1232
Merit: 524

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 09:15:48 AM

It is better not to listen to anyone just search the market by yourself and then decide. Every one has his favourite coin nothing else and they recommend you that. But watch closely the market trends and market cap of coins and buy the one which suite you and is under $1 in price. If the coin hasn't been pumped for 2 or 3 months then it will surely will pump in coming weeks or two.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All