Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:46:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Memix: The Mixed-Reality Blochain-Based Game. Kickstarter Launch  (Read 905 times)
memix (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 06:38:09 PM

Memix is the world's first mixed-reality blockchain-based game that is played both in reality and on the internet.

This token is launched exclusively on Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/408544324/memix-the-mixed-reality-blochain-based-game)

What is Memix (MEMX)?

Let me just give you the highlights… Memix is a new type of game, played using the following five components:

• Memix = the brand of the game.
  • The T-Shirt = the main players
  • MEMX tokens = the points
  • memix.io Forums = the score board
  • Popular internet video sites = the game board

But it is a game that is more than the sum of its parts. Think of this game as one of the genetic-precursors to a whole new globe-spanning game genre.

FUN FACT: To start the spirit of the game, we have hidden various Easter Eggs that we allude to within the text of our this post/Kickstarter campaign. Try to find all of them and post your results in this introduction post on the Bitcointalk forums.

How it Works:

Backers receive a Memix shirt and initial MEMX tokens to be used in a worldwide game played both socially and on the Ethereum platform.

As it currently stands, there is one overriding rule of the game:

Whomever has the majority of MEMX becomes the CryptoMaster and can create the rules of the game.

Since Tamaki Ride Limited is the current CryptoMaster, our additional rules of the game are as follows:

-The total supply of MEMX is capped at 111,111,111 Tokens (this is unchangeable as the nature of the Ethereum blockchain).
-100,000,000 of these tokens are used as the 'contribution supply'. No more will ever be created.
-Kickstarter Backer Rewards come with bonus MEMX to help jumpstart the game. All bonus MEMX will come from the contribution supply and to validate players via Ethereum wallet addresses.
-500,000 MEMX from the founder's supply will be distributed to various members of the community as a bounty to assist in helping this Kickstarter campaign gain traction.
-Any backer that wears the official Memix T-Shirt on Youtube, Vimeo or Twitch and if this video post hits over 10,000 views we will supply that backer with additional MEMX tokens (after judging whether the Memix logo was clearly visible for more than 10 seconds).
-For the first 10,000 views 0.5% of the remaining contribution supply will be awarded (rounded up to the nearest decimal point)
-For every next power of 10, we will provide any valid video poster with additional 0.5% of the remaining contribution supply. So 1st Tier = 10K, 2nd Tier = 100K, 3rd Tier = 1 Million etc.  Each Tier can earn 0.5% of the remaining contribution supply (which depletes as rewards are given).
-We will award MEMX as points until we are not the majority owner any longer.
-Any MEMX holder that proves that they are the majority owner becomes the new CryptoMaster and can set the new rules.
-Claiming the MEMX tokens happens through simply posting the video, as proof, on our upcoming forum (memix.io).
-Valid posts (with a clearly shown Memix logo for over 10 seconds) will be rewarded in sequential order on a first-come-first-serve basis, as long as a valid wallet address is provided.
-Once another owner of an Ethereum wallet address can prove that they own more MEMX than we do, we relinquish the right of ownership of the domain name and forum to the new majority owner, and the rules of the game may change to whatever the new owner wishes.

Game Characteristics

The MEMX token is an Ethereum-based, ERC20 token that is used as points to win the game. This crypto-token has unique properties bestowed upon it:

-No fancy algorithms
-No mining, just meme-ing, miming and mimicking
-No complex, and legally grey ‘ICO’ (Initial Coin Offering)
-Instead, we are offering a simple ‘ITO’ (Initial T-Shirt Offering)
-Our token generation is the first of it's kind: Proof-of-Shirt
-Simple way to receive Ethereum-based (ERC20) tokens
-Extra Benefit!  No extraneous strain on the Ethereum network during the crowdfunding as Kickstarter does all of the heavy lifting.
-Unlike ICOs, no ETH or BTC dumping!
-A new way to add fuel to existing, or up-and-coming, internet celebrities.

Memix is a experiment in how blockchain-based tokens can be used to create emergent gaming. We are pursuing a way of creating fun, social dynamics that has the potential to generate its own buzz and viral marketing. It is our hope that the social nature of this game provides the feedback loop that propels it forward in new and interesting ways. It should be fun and compelling enough to watch what happens from the sidelines, and even more engaging to play a part in the unfolding.

Help us by being a part of this experiment to see how far we can take the idea of a borderless social game through the power and promise of the blockchain!

Contribution

Shirtless Backer = Pledge NZ$ 10 or more

Go Shirtless! Either you like this idea and want to support this, or you want to have an entry into the game at a later point.

INCLUDES: 5000 MEMX starter tokens

Basic T-Shirt = Pledge NZ$ 65 or more

The Basic T-Shirt. Get gifted with MEMX tokens for successfully showcasing the shirt on various social media platforms (See rules for details)

INCLUDES:
50000 MEMX starter tokens

Memix Mega T-Shirt = Pledge NZ$ 200 or more

The Memix Mega T-Shirt. Get gifted with MEMX tokens for successfully showcasing the shirt on various social media platforms (See rules for details)

INCLUDES:
150000 MEMX starter tokens

Memix Maximalist T-Shirt = Pledge NZ$ 1,300 or more

Be a Super Whale! Get gifted with MEMX tokens for successfully showcasing the shirt on various social media platforms (See rules for details)

INCLUDES:
1000000 MEMX starter tokens

FAQ

What does Memix mean?

Massive Ethereum Multiplayer Internet Xpedition?  Mixing memes?  ME + MIXed (Reality)?  Truth be told, after trial and error, Memix rolled off the tongue and stuck.  Hopefully it does for you too.

What does the new CryptoMaster do with the domain name and forum once the game has been won?

Whatever he/she wishes to do with it.  But do me a favour.  Try and use your powers only for good. OK?

What type of people is this game targeted too?

Crypto-enthusiasts, Gaming Geeks, Internet Celebrities, Gunters, Adventure Vlogers, Traders, Trolls, Hackers, Anonymous, Ludologists, Satoshi Nakomoto, and anyone else who fancies to try playing a new type of game in a new type of way.

Why is the total supply set to be 111,111,111 Tokens?

Because our players are going to one so much, they’re going to be so sick and tired of one-ing.

Also we took a look at other popular cryptotokens such as Ethereum, Waves and Lisk and decided to aim at a similar amount.

Why are the rules so simple?   Just get the majority of the coins?  Shouldn’t there be other rules?

Audentes Fortuna Iuvat”, is a Latin phrase that shapes our philosophy.  To be straightforward, we are expecting emergent gameplay to come about.  Will parties pool together to win?  Will smart contracts be written to fairly pool resources?   Will players play games outside the main game for tokens?   Will celebrities appear or emerge for the community to side with?   We don’t know, but we’re ready to find out.  What type of player will rise to the top?  What will the CryptoMaster do, once the game has been won?

What ways can I generate views while wearing the T-Shirt?

Anyway you think of!  Or maybe something you do will just go viral.  But to get you started, here are some ideas.

-Photobomb a Congressional committee.
-Attend a basketball game in North Korea.
-Host a successful cryptocurrency video series.
-Video yourself doing extreme sports.
-Play a board game online with Wil Wheaton.
-Market crashing & partner out on the town? Post a drunken rant that evolves into meme!

What is the value of MEMX?

It has no intrinsic value.  Like a Magic the Gathering card, some old stamps, or a stack of Monopoly money from the original printing run, it may have relative value amongst a yet-non-existent emerging community.  But we don’t know that, nor do we predict that it will.  Nor might we be able to guess at what timeframe it may be assigned a value.  Such things are unpredictable, and so we have designed MEMX to be one thing only: a way of measuring points in this game.

Why do you choose only Youtube, Twitch or Vimeo?

“YTV?”, you say… Besides being the current CryptoMaster and having the right of setting the rules?  Simply put, these sites are popular, they clearly show viewership, and have basic rules on what is appropriate or not.  This makes our lives easy to ensure that the game is played fairly.

What will happen if someone uses a counterfeit T-Shirt?

Since we give MEMIX tokens with every T-Shirt, we will have the Ethereum wallet address for each T-Shirt awarded in the ITO crowdfunding (since a wallet address will need to be given to receive the MEMIX tokens that come with each T-Shirt).

We will only honour the wallet addresses that have proven to back the project with tokens for reaching the valid number of views.

What matters the most is the wallet address.   This means that you could back the Shirtless Reward, receive the MEMX tokens (which will give us a record of your wallet address) and then make your own shirt.  This is a perfectly valid way to play!

Can somebody win without having been an original backer with an original Ethereum wallet?

Yes.  Anyone that can prove that they have the largest supply of MEMX can win the title of CryptoMaster.  This is to encourage the emergent gameplay aspect.

Can I sell or give my T-Shirt to another person to play?

You can do whatever you wish with your T-Shirt, but if you want the recipient to have the chance to receive MEMX through playing, you will need to transfer your Ethereum wallet as well.   We do not recommend this, but we cannot stop anyone from doing this either.

Can a group or corporation win the right to be a CryptoMaster?  Or does it need to be an individual?

There are no restrictions on who becomes a CryptoMaster, besides proving to be the owner of an Ethereum wallet that holds the MEMX tokens.   Tamaki Ride Limited just happens to be a corporation that is also the very first CryptoMaster.  But the next winner can be an individual, a knitting group, a world-dominating secret cabal, a DAO, or a self-aware AI with the affinity for soft-spoken passive aggressiveness.   This is part of encouraging any emergent gameplay that may result.

What happens to the game once a new CryptoMaster is crowned?

We have no idea, as it would represent a new chapter in the game.  We are hopeful that the new ruler is benevolent and fun, and the play continues.   Considering that many of the ones joining are gamers and players, we are more than optimistic that the game will go on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blackbold

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:54:21 PM

111,111,111?? it's a unique amount i think. it's really unchanged?? how if the ICO can't reach the minimum target?? you will not burn it??
memix (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 07:14:32 PM

111,111,111?? it's a unique amount i think. it's really unchanged?? how if the ICO can't reach the minimum target?? you will not burn it??

We'll keep it as an artefact and maybe look at it longingly in our old age...  Tongue

Although I think this method should work: https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/16188/best-way-to-burn-ethers-and-other-ethereum-tokens
snowswons
Copper Member

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:52:00 AM

POS = Proof of Shirt
ITO = Initial T-Shirt Offering

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
stanforders

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:31:49 AM

Looking forward to its arrival, very creative project
visionE2

Activity: 616
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:42:10 AM

how to get this coin for free? no airdrop or bounty will be held next??  Grin Grin i hope this project can reach the target.
ntsdm1

Activity: 394
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:51:35 AM

what a weird twist on things. i read the entire ANN out of curiosity
 but at the end i still down want anything to do with this.
it just sounds bad
and give me the impression of a scam way to make some fast cash
tat123

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 09:04:12 PM

Interesting idea. Will keep this on my radar.
memix (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 10:52:13 PM

what a weird twist on things. i read the entire ANN out of curiosity
 but at the end i still down want anything to do with this.
it just sounds bad
and give me the impression of a scam way to make some fast cash

Not a problem.  This perspective was strongly considered before launching.  As mentioned in the initial post, this is experiment on how gamification and crowd-sourced marketing can propel this concept.

Also, to offset the potential 'scam-iness', we decided to be very generous with the MEMX that comes along with the T-Shirts.  If this even reaches a fraction of the value that other coins with similar supplies reach, it might have some strong potential.   Of course this depends on how well the concept works from the crowd-sourced marketing side.

And the amount that the owners (us) make is a tiny amount of what ICOs typically make.  We are distributing the vast majority of the tokens... which should be evenly distributed.
memix (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 04:49:35 AM

how to get this coin for free? no airdrop or bounty will be held next??  Grin Grin i hope this project can reach the target.

Stay tuned.  We are re-thinking our bounty at the moment, but we have some reserved for this purpose.
cakravothy

Activity: 868
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 05:07:56 AM

how distribution coin dev ?
plan open ico selling
open bounty translation or not

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
memix (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 11:38:37 AM

how distribution coin dev ?
plan open ico selling
open bounty translation or not

We are distributing the token to any valid Kickstarter backer.  Once the campaign is funded, we will ask for Ethereum wallets to send the MEMX token to.

We're not planning to have a bounty for translation at this time, but we may reconsider this.  We have included a portion of the MEMX to be used for bounties, but have some reconsideration to do here.  We originally hoped to have a contest for posting the many little Easter-egg-like references in the text of our campaign, but such activities are frowned down upon in the Bitcointalk forums.

Ano

Activity: 1148
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:46:16 AM

POS = Proof of Shirt
ITO = Initial T-Shirt Offering

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

This is nice summary of this topic even this looking funny but so much about Shirt and T-Shirt into this thread. I think dev will offer something nice in future instead of this concept.
OculusMan

Activity: 1134
Merit: 547

Russian Translation

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:07:07 PM

Hi. you need Russian translators? I have a lot of experience. If possible, reserve for me in advance

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
memix (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 07:20:06 PM

Hi. you need Russian translators? I have a lot of experience. If possible, reserve for me in advance

Could you list any good Russian cryptocurrency forums/communities to post this announcement?
tat123

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 09:30:57 PM

So why take the Kickstarter route? Are you trying to legitimize yourself?
cryptosweet

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:34:23 PM

Any bounty? I want join bounty blog
memix (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 01:29:19 AM

So why take the Kickstarter route? Are you trying to legitimize yourself?

We do believe that Kickstarter does help us ensure that there is a level of legitimacy.  Kickstarter does its due diligence to ensure that we are an officially registered company (which we are) and that we provide proofs of our identity.  In addition, Kickstarter clearly protects against companies/individuals that clearly are looking to hurt the backer's trust.   With Kickstarter, we have a third-party that can ensure that we deliver on the promise.
dimitri

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:38:54 AM

nice idea / looking forward to see the demo .. hopefully doesn't end with roadmap and whitepaper

memix (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 09:26:35 PM

nice idea / looking forward to see the demo .. hopefully doesn't end with roadmap and whitepaper

We fully intend to put the idea into action, depending, of course, on a successful Kickstarter campaign.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: