Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much wattage per outlet?  (Read 8933 times)
Swishercutter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 10:37:42 AM

I personally ran a 6ga 240v line for my rigs...overkill until I hit 15 rigs but the cost was not much higher.
This is what I'm looking at having to get done.

Could you give me a little more details?

1) What kind of rigs are you running on this? Wattage draw?
2) How much did it cost to get the 6ga 240v run?
3) Do you have any pictures of this posted anywhere?
4) If no pics, can you describe the setup, hardware wise?

Thanks

I bought the parts and did it myself so that saved a lot...not for the untrained, but really it wasn't that hard.  I bought 20' of the wire at the local hardware store, a subpanel breaker box, breakers, 240v and 120v outlets for under $200.  I have a shop with industrial grade 3 phase which already had an extra 70A 240v breaker which was unused (office next door used to be on my power box before I moved in)...so it was just a matter of hooking it up...little scary working near live 3phase (408v) but I wore leather gloves to protect in case of  that accidental bumping.
I didn't have to run it very far.  All the plugins in my shop only added up to like 40A (and I run RepRap's, soldering irons, etc etc at random) so I just wanted to be sure.  The 6ga wire claims to be safe up to 75A so @240v that is like 150A @120V...so figuring conservatively 15 1kw rigs would be the max before I have to add another panel.

I didn't use actual metal conduit as this is to be removed when I move.  I secured the subpanel box and 240v plugs to a piece of plywood then just wired up the psu's to the 240v line (all mine autoswitch).

We currently have 3 rigs connected to the panel, all of which have 4 gpu's in each...I estimate 1kw draw each (which could be high), then I have another rig with 2 gpu's also.  We hit like ~4gh/s.

We do not have pics anywhere...there has been some taken I just have not got around to it...and I didn't like my pics.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: