Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:13:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61929 times)
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:26:37 AM

since my post in the alternative not-locked waves thread is not answered
I'll re-post my question here and hopefully someone can make a response
the fee seems to be applied only on asset transfer type transaction only
        I notice there's a pool/node uses 0.00000001 NodeTX as fee instead of 0.003 waves
        can anyone explain how this works? can we as regular user use NodeTX too, how?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikelv

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:30:28 AM

since my post in the alternative not-locked waves thread is not answered
I'll re-post my question here and hopefully someone can make a response
the fee seems to be applied only on asset transfer type transaction only
        I notice there's a pool/node uses 0.00000001 NodeTX as fee instead of 0.003 waves
        can anyone explain how this works? can we as regular user use NodeTX too, how?

NodeTX can only be used by nodes to transfer leasing payouts.
zzwensel11

Activity: 160

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:18:14 AM

I just logged in to my Cryptopia exchange account and found the following message when I wanted to trade waves or any waves asset:
"WAVES / BTC market is closing
WAVES team failed to notify us of two recent WAVES updates (0.7.6 and 0.7.7). Both of these updates resulted in a fork of the network. We have approached WAVES on multiple occasions to ask them to notify us of updates and they have neglected to do so. As a result WAVES and its assets are being delisted. Once the 0.7.7 update has been applied investors will have a 30 day period to cancel market orders and withdraw."

See https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=WAVES_BTC

Any idea about this? It comes a bit as a surprise to me as I always had the feeling that both Cryptopia and Waves are reasonably trustworthy parties (I mean in terms of service levels).

░▒▓█ / / /X42/ / / WELCOME TO FEELESS FUTURE! █▓▒░
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 07:31:39 AM

I just logged in to my Cryptopia exchange account and found the following message when I wanted to trade waves or any waves asset:
"WAVES / BTC market is closing
WAVES team failed to notify us of two recent WAVES updates (0.7.6 and 0.7.7). Both of these updates resulted in a fork of the network. We have approached WAVES on multiple occasions to ask them to notify us of updates and they have neglected to do so. As a result WAVES and its assets are being delisted. Once the 0.7.7 update has been applied investors will have a 30 day period to cancel market orders and withdraw."

See https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=WAVES_BTC

Any idea about this? It comes a bit as a surprise to me as I always had the feeling that both Cryptopia and Waves are reasonably trustworthy parties (I mean in terms of service levels).

The Waves team sent a message to Cryptopia, but the exchange didn't update some of their nodes and got on a fork. One of their nodes was still on 0.6.5 (and thats very old).
The Waves team reached out and offered help to Cryptopia.

The last update, the reason Cryptopia says to delisted Waves, isn't even a mandatory update and can't cause a fork.
It seems Cryptopia searched for a reason to delist it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wavesplatform/comments/6xcwxk/waves_permanent_delisting_at_cryptopia

Bittrex and other exchanges receive the same update messages and seem to have no problems updating, must be the incompetence of Cryptopia devs.
It's a shame, though it's a very low volume exchange, every kind of support is welcome.
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:36:30 AM

Waves is under full development, a lot of updates keep rolling out on a weekly base.

If you're understaffed and can't keep up, running an exchange, you better GTFO.

And that's what Cryptopia seems to have done.
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:55:17 AM

The Chinese regulations on ICO's is actually good news for Waves and Tokenomica.

Tokenomica is developing a centralized platform, Tokenomica.com, which is going to work on top of the Waves blockchain, and provide 100% compliant legal framework for different types of token crowdsales, including private equity crowdsales. We’re working with top legal firms on this, and we are pleased with their commitment and interest in this new emerging business. Blockchains are becoming mainstream, and the feedback we get from legal companies is really encouraging.
Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:06:58 PM

Russia's Central Bank approved first platform for cryptocurrency trading
https://news.hodlhodl.com/news/russia-s-central-bank-approved-first-platform-for-cryptocurrency-trading-1395

Good news for Waves ?  Cool

I think the Cryptopia 's guy is nerd because they have 970 markets to manage and only 500BTC volume per day :p The Waves DEX will damage his business soon or later.
VTOS.IO

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 09:32:22 AM

WAVES have a great potential we choose for our project

V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network         
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  SEP 24th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Cryptotina

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:59:20 AM

The Chinese regulations on ICO's is actually good news for Waves and Tokenomica.

Tokenomica is developing a centralized platform, Tokenomica.com, which is going to work on top of the Waves blockchain, and provide 100% compliant legal framework for different types of token crowdsales, including private equity crowdsales. We’re working with top legal firms on this, and we are pleased with their commitment and interest in this new emerging business. Blockchains are becoming mainstream, and the feedback we get from legal companies is really encouraging.
Finally, some good news after all this fiasco! Anybody knows when Tokenomica releases?
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:35:50 PM

Finally, some good news after all this fiasco! Anybody knows when Tokenomica releases?

yes, tokenomica and waves NG will change the game in favor of waves.
I.C.O.N.

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:21:34 PM

yes, tokenomica and waves NG will change the game in favor of waves.

And also the new DEX! I strongly believe in Waves!
VTOS.IO

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 12:03:30 AM

Waves will be greater than ethereum

V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network         
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  SEP 24th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:57:55 PM

Waves will be greater than ethereum

It will be, for now the WavesNG and Tokenomica will really be gamechangers.

October 10th.
dmanicus

Activity: 251

Official

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:56:04 PM

I'm interested in making a gateway for a coin. I have'nt started researching it yet. Can someone seed me with some links to get started on my research?  Cheers
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:15:29 PM

I'm interested in making a gateway for a coin. I have'nt started researching it yet. Can someone seed me with some links to get started on my research?  Cheers

Waves Slack for sure, invite is in second post of this topic.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 12:23:16 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 12:33:58 PM by MaGNeT

Constantly updated list of Waves Platform partnerships:

https://medium.com/@wavesgo/constantly-updated-list-all-waves-platform-partnerships

Change of management @ WavesGo:

https://medium.com/@wavesgo/wavesgo-change-of-management-and-new-version

Oceanlab $OCL token available on Waves DEX, distribution to ICO participants completed:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2055232.0

Waves NG to be released on October 10th:

https://twitter.com/sasha35625/status/903139616861106176
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 12:45:18 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 06:00:19 PM by MaGNeT

How to generate Waves Vanity addresses | Update v1.1

For Waves I found an easy way to generate personal "vanity" addresses, like 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

Let me explain how to do this in this tutorial:

Steps:

1. First make sure Oracle Java is installed.
2. Download the walletgenerator.jar (release 1.1) from https://github.com/PyWaves/scala_walletgenerator/releases
3. If you don't trust the jar, compile it yourself or disconnect your computer from the internet.
4. Now open the command prompt in Windows by clicking "Start" and typing "CMD".
5. Run the following command line, change the password and name to whatever you like.

For an address with random upper and lower case characters (faster):
Code:
Code:
java -jar walletgenerator.jar -c 999999999 -p password -f MAGNET

For an address with an exact match of upper and lower case (slower):
Code:
Code:
java -jar walletgenerator.jar -c 999999999 -p password -f MaGNeT -s

Note: some characters are not allowed, Waves addresses are base58, so ‘0’ (zero), ‘O’ (capital o), ‘I’ (capital i), ‘l’ (lower case L) cannot be generated.

6. Wait, be patient, this may take a while, even on a fast computer. If you are in a hurry, keep it to a maximum of 6 characters. Names over 7 characters may take days but it also depends on luck and CPU speed.
7. The walletgenerator will generate a wallet.dat and a CSV file holding the seed, private key, address, etc.
8. If the walletgenerator didn't generate a address you like, run it over and over again until you are satisfied. Patience is key here Wink
9. Save the seed, wallet.dat and password of the address you like to keep in a safe place, also print the seed and store it away safely.

Official "read me" manual for the "Waves wallet generator":

Waves wallet generator

This tool generates Waves addresses with 15 word seeds compatible with Waves Lite Client and Waves Full Node. The output is exported to a 'wallet.dat' for the Full Node and to a CSV file, 'addresses.csv', which contains the list of all generated addresses with seeds, private keys and public keys.

Usage

$ java -jar walletgenerator.jar --help
Waves wallet generator 1.1
Usage: walletgenerator [options]

-a, --append            append to existing wallet.dat / addresses.csv
  -c, --count <value>     number of addresses to generate
  -t, --testnet           generate testnet addresses
  -p, --password <value>  wallet password
  -f, --filter <value>    filter addresses with a specific pattern
  -s, --case-sensitive    case sensitive filtering
  --help                  prints this help message

Examples

Generate 3 testnet addresses. Output to screen, wallet.dat and addresses.csv

$ java -jar walletgenerator.jar -t -c 3
address #    : 1
seed         : pull assist echo fiscal learn lens feature boil frog banner term enter capable speed tone buddy mobile notable
public key   : 4U6LakyXD21Pz6JjmDys6gEBPihqT1qS4XVZefZ2H6Nq
private key  : 5soX8ym1dZNvupoP9nFNbuUy6S3dDxoEtoakfaHSvLH7
address      : 3MswUSYbZVdYiysaLQmSFzd9mkhJfo83mqN
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
address #    : 2
seed         : evil hotel logic open ordinary adjust hand glow neither planet mind acquire reunion maximum visual involve fence pumpkin
public key   : 4wB5UkAoTMikTicUpwcc3GbchNjBJCF5k4eYRvKf4igS
private key  : HjJanFFVy5kYVX6qErcYghQHmZNc6iZq9RnYkjULQaUN
address      : 3N4Htq8QkUAwNAuZUD5StDGqCqwhgU9AyhK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
address #    : 3
seed         : tone devote ring relief injury sorry cute drive end favorite rather arm host battle drill aspect lounge vivid
public key   : 9GiVbdkZDzUFpAsMamtHXiCqq5yn3Cuke2B3hvEEJDD4
private key  : H9scXQ47Y6ZuukNfYYoo4pzeVDMKWv9VvJM67CqexW3j
address      : 3MuamA5LeQFarEmVYvSdcgzEMCPkeCQVDfP
Generate 100 mainnet addresses. Output to screen, wallet.dat (encrypted with 'mypassword') and addresses.csv

$ java -jar walletgenerator.jar -c 100 -p mypassword  
Generate 100 addresses. Output to screen, append to existing wallet.dat (encrypted with 'mypassword') and addresses.csv

$ java -jar walletgenerator.jar -a -c 100 -p mypassword  
Generate 100000 mainnet addresses, filter addresses containing the word 'WAVE' (case insensitive)

$ java -jar walletgenerator.jar -c 100000 -f WAVE  
seed         : state upset better opera candy jelly shallow clutch jealous lunch laugh tomorrow perfect chuckle orphan salad ball filter
public key   : 6MKTLcaWAVcSqgYAqCrX1WU3eBnHY8J1yFk8Kww6wzmt
private key  : 26XS7rfzXo5RLCxBwAPkuM8tVz5RDVTWCcwvMfWqE2eM
address      : 3PJYrdbdhWaVeZ9MAMAmmSiYxozzbgCpwCH
seed         : pond limit much good fragile memory labor milk piece year slice system ball awake hurry level rabbit vacant
public key   : 2h5RwgVx8JFBGXFouKCmz564nV3FZhaFzJLTJPAD32B2
private key  : 4HdCJUZaNHqGmhQpHhi2ztokQAzKTpavK52aaYoy5AP1
address      : 3P6yem17BkSKWy27wavEogyzbQ3oo5LpUCi
address #    : 3
seed         : clog melody they edit kite shadow able diet faith okay grow tail gap entire picnic dry chaos glance
public key   : 54Q7nv5dZ3stBoYsCHU8ikPHLwxM3VbRgfAXbKoGBfhS
private key  : HBB4npdpKkDJh5jNv1eu7vX1FHXjkBgagyoCk4nCAmfC
address      : 3PPdLckWAveUmvHUsvsSJeRUxCJxqNGGpfQ

Same as above but case sensitive

$ java -jar walletgenerator.jar -c 100000 -p mypassword -f WAVE -s  
seed         : legal ostrich sight enter guitar pen stock cattle dose tattoo define gossip author escape mass ten insane surround
public key   : EE76QcW273AAhkQjHhXf4cE211byqACdEHLR2pU4KsJm
private key  : AjM5PK4ACEPoPWeJ24o81Ag7psZgBk9Tz55LR5NDsryV
address      : 3PHhB1CvS6LcHNZSZWAVEv1ZTKDd7rFj9hf
seed         : sail taste drink palm wrist antique few idea moon flat try blossom exist wide alien honey hidden rich
public key   : 9z2Gk2ykSHWJwqBbr2sbohxgP99w8aX57agmfLWDi1nP
private key  : F188SVQneiUmWsV4xJruR2mZVzsvRdWYKG2EWVPidfH9
address      : 3PQAzuDDW9AhBWAVEbijz5Ttp8xv6A298gv

Running multiple instances of Walletgenerator or on multiple computers will speed things up a bit.

If you like this tiny tutorial, think of me and send some tokens of appreciation (pun intended  Grin) to: 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 05:30:00 PM

The WavesLite Client for Chrome now has over 50,000 users!

Congratulations to the Waves team and supporters!
Turing (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:03:20 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 06:22:04 PM by Turing

Important reminder: backup your seed!

Do you hold a backup of your seed passphrase? Like every other crypto currency: if you lose access to your seed or private key, consider your coins to be lost forever!

How to backup your seed:

When creating a new Waves address, always write down the 15 word "Wallet Seed" and keep it in a safe place:

If your forgot to write it down when you created your account, you can do it afterwards.

Click on the stack of coins (backup button) in the upper right corner of your Waves Lite Client:

A new window should pop-up with your account information.

Click "copy", then start a text editor (like Notepad), paste it into the editor, save it, print it, write it down, but whatever you do: don't lose it!

The password you entered is only for accessing the client on your device.

The "seed" is needed to recover your account and access your tokens, if you ever need to. Don't share it with anyone!
comprendrien

Activity: 249
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:29:19 PM

I invest in Waves during ICO. I don't understand how I do it but I lost my password and my seed phrase. I use application for chrome on windows and I have access to the login page. I know  my adress. I found on windows a txt file with Checksum and Cipher. Is-it possible to find password with this data ? Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: