Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:22:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61929 times)
MatLeeH

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:58:12 PM

Q: Sasha, what happens to the BCH and other currencies that the team received?
A: We will eventually sell them. Also, it makes sense to distribute a part of it to the community. WCT holders. Let’s do it next Monday

Could you remind me what is WCT? IIRC it is connected with Waves token but I don't remember how..
I would like to see how much BCH can I receive. Distribution will be automatic, am I correct?

Waves community token
https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-community-tokens-e9e8b5db0b49
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:30:41 PM

A: We will eventually sell them. Also, it makes sense to distribute a part of it to the community. WCT holders. Let’s do it next Monday

this is probably good news for WCT and Waves.
an incitative action for the present time being.

Mister.Satan

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:49:37 PM

Not much work right now as the fork is around the clock.
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:08:22 PM

I think i buy some more waves, you cant have enough from this coin i your pocket. Waves will be one of the top coins in 2018 and the price will exploding, like ethereum this year.
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:39:47 PM

Source: http://wavescommunity.com/qa-session-with-sasha-ivanov-on-waves-slack-nov-2-2017

After having a great time chatting with Sasha on Telegram yesterday, we held another live Q&A, this time on Waves Slack. Sasha revealed even more details on Waves future and shared a screenshot of the wallet from the upcoming Waves Client! This is a full version of the session, we keep original punctuation and even typos 🙂
Enjoy reading!

Sasha: Hi guys!

Q: Hi! Do you have CMO standing over your shoulder checking every word?
A: No guys 🙂  I’m an adult, can chat on my own 🙂  Which I have been doing for years, as you know 🙂

Q: How much % bcc will be allocated to the wct holders?
A: I plan on sending around 1k BCC next week.

Q: DEX as a matcher could evolve in the future into automation of the purchase phase in token sales. For example, it could do an automated price swap (of course if someone wants to). How it could look like? Like this: You can set up one price in Waves (0.1), BTC (4000 Satoshi), Eth (0.000982027 ETH) and so on.. If someone would like to buy in Eth, the system could automatically change the sell order from BTC to ETH price, finalizing the deal. It would be a great functionality for ICOs. DEX would then function not only as a matcher, but also a full-time, decentralized cabinet. @sasha Is it possible to implement cabinet functionalities into DEX in such way? You could enter the market of orderbook.
A: probably it’s better to be done using smart contracts, as soon as we have them. but it looks doable, yes

Q: I know you said yesterday that the new NSD platform will “run on Waves tech” but can you confirm that they will use Waves to pay tx fees?
A: this is more of a decentralized key storage, running on waves. tech details are still being discussed. but it should be a groundbreaking project

Q: Do you think mainnet will agree to 1k mining, and if not, will you try again with 2k, 5k etc?
A: I think yes, it makes sense for smaller miners, and actually big miners should understand that excessive centralization is no good for the ecosystem

Q: The funding you received during ICO multiplied several times during the raise of BTC, how come no more marketing has been done which so much funding.
A: We have big marketing budgets, close to 100k per month. and we’ll market NG and new interfaces heavily once they have been launched.

Q: What is the plan for the assets you launch on Nxt @sasha? Do you forget your first supporters?
A: Never 🙂  it just has to be done in a correct way, from legal point of view. there’s going to be a fund on Waves soon, and the assets will be swapped.

Q: Have you looked into the PoS from the project Cardano – called Ouroboros! It should be the most secure and provable PoS! If – how does it compares to WAVES PoS?
A: sure we know what IOHK is doing, it’s good. but there’s another approach which we’ll implement, based on another published article. it’s easier and security is similar to what oroboros proposes

Q: do you think Waves is in a good position/will benefit from the upcoming crypto legislation in Russia?
A: yes, the movement is quite slow, but we participate in it, also in Belorussia and Kazakhstan

Q : Waves chains encryption algorithm is not protective against quantum computing technology. İn future can you change your encryption algorithm easily to deal with that future tech. İs your platform flexible for changing encryption algorithm?
A: quantum computing won’t happen tomorrow, even if it does there’s resilient algos that could deal with quantum computers. and you must understand that cryptocurrencies will be the last to suffer from quantum computing. online banking and everything that uses ssl will be the first targets

Q: Until now I still don’t see any big advertising campaign of waves. Are you already doing it?
A: of course, we need to have the upcoming updates finished first, though

Q: In terms of marketing campaigns, what is the plan for marketing NG? Will the campaign be immediate on release of mainnet and is this campaign going to be larger than what we’ve seen before?
A: Waves will be the fastest chain after NG has been launched, so the campaign will be massive. everyone should find out about which blockchain is the fastest.

Q: Have there been any new developments with the Gazprombank partnership?
A: We have several other partners now, basically businesses in russia is waiting for upcoming regulation, which should be in place before june next year

Q: Will the name “waves platform” remain. Or will this change with the planned rebranding?
A: Never! I like the concept of Waves as a brand, it’s perfect for our platform. Interaction and attraction!

Q: WAVES offers great opportunity to services who wants to integrate blockchain into their business. WAVES works, it has support, it shines! (except UI, but we will wait). Why there is such a little PR and marketing ? WAVES have lack of finance ?
A: I don’t think there’s a lack of pr, probably you should wait for the upcoming updates to make sure of that.

Q: A while ago there was pic circulating of a revamped DEX. What’s the ETA on the new trade engine and GUI?
A: Beta is on November, 20!

Q: Why are WCT token holders valued more than Waves token holders by only sending BCC to WCT holder? (edited)
A: WCT incentivizes long-term Waves holding; so most of the airdrops should go to WCT holders. But, part can go to Waves holders too. Doable.

Q: for the new dex interface but waves dex do not have most common trading pair like XMR, DASH, STRAT…. most of them have huge volume. What is your plan to have more volume get into new waves dex?
A: Would be awesome if corresponding communities could do gateways. Otherwise we’ll have trustless gates, as soon as we have atomic swap.

Q: what is going to happen with MRT. All nodes and leasers are getting it as a additional reward for forging but are there usable plans for it, will it grow in value and on what term?
A: MRT will be used for miners voting, for upcoming features etc

Q: How do you calculated the amount of BCC (1K) to airdrop next week? Can we expect more airdrops since that’s only 5% of the bcc stack?
A: we’ll do in batches, and the amount received will be determined by the amount of WCT you hold.

Q: are there plans to develop a GUI for the full node? to make it easier to setup and run a node for casual computer users?
A: Yes, it’s in the pipeline, also lite client will be there

Question from Telegram: Sasha, when ICO on Waves will start generate real value, TX and services? Do you have any agency that looks upon ICO on Waves, so it can rank real things happening.
Most ICO just take money and disappear, maybe there should be some kind of “watcher” beyond platform to look closely upon progress?
A: we’ll have a self-regulation ICO body proposal on the way. So we’ll have only compliant ICO’s on the platform

Q: The fiat getaways on waves platform doesn’t work good. USD and Euro deposits takes 1 +… weeks. What will you do to solve gateaways problem? I guess we need many company which will do that job in all of countries. Can we see 2 or more company which is responsible from 1 one fiat? For example two gateaways usd one from Europe and one of them from USA.
A: You have to go through KYC and AML, so it takes time when you do the first transfer, then it’s faster

Q: Have you considered giving corresponding communities incentives to create gateways? To expedite the process?
A: Good idea. but, would be cool if they could initiate it

Q: Why don’t you make the creation of each new WAVES wallet encrypted – and not in plain text on screen… look at myEtherWallet ! protect it with a user password…and don’t show the SEED/15 words – on the screen!
A: let me check, actually it is encrypted with a password. IMO it would be better to create some 2FA protocol

Question from Telegram: How can a project with a flawless development model (not an ICO) reach you? We’re not interested in funding, we’re looking for platform support and competence relying on common sense?
A: you can reach me in many ways, telegram is the best one. I try to respond to all messages that make sense

Q: why are you always so awesome?
Someone else: “Delete this question.”
A: You guys are awesome. I am not. 🙂

Q: Why not use BCC funds to buy back Waves in a legally compliant way? You could even use them for a community project. Your BCC is valued at 10million usd, which is 3million Waves off market! That would better serve us than penny scraps. Some of us are down hundreds of thousands of USD!
A: That’s market manipulation 🙂

Q: Do you have any ideas on good ways to incentive node owners to sell the custom token fees they collected weekly, back into Waves before distributing payouts to leasers ? I guess we just need to spread awareness of this caveat 🙂 Wave’s token demand remains high and custom tokens are accepted as fees 🙂
A: but actually leasers can sell the tokens they receive?

Question from Telegram: How can a project with a flawless development model (not an ICO) reach you? We’re not interested in funding, we’re looking for platform support and competence relying on common sense?
A: you can reach me in many ways, telegram is the best one. I try to respond to all messages that make sense

Question from Telegram: Sasha, when ICO on Waves will start generate real value, TX and services? Do you have any agency that looks upon ICO on Waves, so it can rank real things happening.

Q: How come it seems so difficult to get listed on more exchanges? Like binance,kraken and maybe some others? Where lies the problem?
A: Binance is on the way, kraken has some internal things in the works. Keep an eye on Tidex, there’s a major ann upcoming – also asian exchanges

Q: Only compliant ICO’s? No free market?
A: There’s going to be some kind of rating. So compliant ICO’s will have a higher rating.

Q: What is the benefit of holding waves if all the reward is in WCT?
A: Lots of airdrops are sent to Waves holders too. You can tons of tokens if you just hold waves.

Q: Is the new dex UI what is referred to in the road map as “blockchain OS 1.0”? Also, could you release some screenshots the coming days, just to give us something to look at while we wait?
A: Sure, we’ll post it right now

Q: Trezor support is highly appreciated from an investor’s point of view (actual investors but also to attract big potential future money). Can you please give an expected date when this is implemented and functional?
A: We talked to trezor; I think we’ll be able to to it in December. also taking to Ledger

Q: Do you think BTC<=>WAVES price correlation could be broken?
A: There’s going to be another market for waves completely once we have the updates.

Q: So, We the People, via WCT’s will be the self-regulating body in conjunction with Tokenomica? A Sort of honest man and woman’s S & P or Moody’s Ratings Agency for the ICO World? 🙂 Is that a fairly accurate assessment?
A: Yes. compliance is the key to success now. and of course we need to do the vetting process as decentralized as possible.

Q: Will we launch Chinese yuan gateway later ?
A: Tricky with the recent events in china. but let’s see what happens

Q: In your opinion, should waves token be use as “fuel” for the network (doing tx’s etc)? meaning it’s best to keep it low value or would you like to see the price of the wave token as high as possible?
A: It can be high; the fees can adapt of course. so they could be less in waves in future, keeping the same fiat value

Q: Will we launch Chinese yuan gateway later ?
A: tricky with the recent events in china. but let’s see what happens

Q: How about GBP? (please!)
A: GBP and YEN should be doable!

Question from telegram: What about Discord or Matrix for a new community channel?
A: Yes, we realized that Slack is bad for big open communities. it’s a pity but probably we’ll have to move to other platforms

Q: @sasha so listing/ verification on DEX? Process?
A: Verification for now is only to filter out fake assets; in future it will be decentralized. We ditched green ticks so people wouldn’t think that we vouched for the projects

Q: We have been speaking about decentralized 2FA about a year ago. Unfortunately, i never received any feedback to our latest approach. Is this no longer on the priority list?
A: Marc let’s start working on it :slightly_smiling_face: it’s not easy but I’m sure we’ll crack it

Q: We are working on Turkish Lira Gateway, we are now official company and we have deals with 6 Major banks in Turkey.
 On 11th of November we will have meeting with Waves Team in Moscow.
Stay Tuned for Turkish Lira Gateway www.digilira.com
A: Waiting for you here!

Q: The fees seem to be very high right now in the client for fiat deposits, in the future could the fees be competitive with the likes of coinbase/gdax?
A: as far as I know it’s a zero fee for SEPA transfers now

Q: Why is it possible to login on different computers using the same seed, but with different passwords? Why is the password not linked to the wallet seed?
A: Passwords encrypts your seed for local storage; so it’s just stored locally

Q: What happened to the new DEX UI with the dark background?
A: Probably you’ll be able to switch skins

Q: How long for waves smart contracts? For those of us looking to build on the waves platform yes it’s easy to create tokens but there is no way to make mass payments etc.
A: you can do mass payments with scripts of course; smart contracts will be implemented in stages. First we’ll have low level smart contracts (multisig, oracles, and such), and then more high level structures, turing complete

Q: @sasha Will the txs/sec limit get over 1.000 for the main chain? What limit to expect in the turing complete side chains?
A: With NG no; you need off-chain for this. there’s limitations to what you can do on-chain. Latency and cryptography (takes time to verify sigs etc)

Q: Sasha, when do you think the platform reaches its prime? Thinking solely development wise, with all the planned features (turing complete, anon, etc)
A: Next year, close to the end. it will be mature and will keep evolving.

Thanks again everyone for joining us on Slack today. We’ll be doing the Q&A sessions on regular basis. Do you have someone from Waves team on mind for the future Q&As? Let us know in the comments!

fajarkus12

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:40:32 PM

I think i buy some more waves, you cant have enough from this coin i your pocket. Waves will be one of the top coins in 2018 and the price will exploding, like ethereum this year.
Sooner or later a lot of project will utilizing waves platform and it can make waves price will growing rapidly. Devs also will work hard to continue development so that waves platform have more advantage than other platform.
alaah

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:13:29 PM

It went to $4 then it immediataly dipped to $3.50

What the hell is going on.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:14:36 PM

Waves has been moving around this range for months now. And it will keep doing so until the new Wallet and DEX get released. Not sure why anyone would be surprised.
alaah

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:58:49 PM

Waves has been moving around this range for months now. And it will keep doing so until the new Wallet and DEX get released. Not sure why anyone would be surprised.

No, it went from 2.70 to $4.20 in some min and then, on a blink of eye, dipped to 3.50 again, and now it's returning to 2.80.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:29:25 AM

No, it went from 2.70 to $4.20 in some min and then, on a blink of eye, dipped to 3.50 again, and now it's returning to 2.80.
That's really nothing special in crypto and doesn't change what I've stated in my previous post: Waves is moving sideways for months (in USD).
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:40:43 AM

Could you remind me what is WCT? IIRC it is connected with Waves token but I don't remember how..
I would like to see how much BCH can I receive. Distribution will be automatic, am I correct?

Waves community token
https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-community-tokens-e9e8b5db0b49

Ok, I found out..
If in wavesexplorer** WCT is called WavesCommunity I assume so I got a little more than 1WCT for  every 10 Waves token hold (1,35WCT for 10waves exactly)
So I would like to ask how much BCH should I predict for every WCT?
Are there any calculation ready or can someone help with calculation?

** btw do you know any better block explorer where I can find which token is fake and which not? It showes me f.e 3 times MobileGo token, etc.

Thanks for any help  Wink

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
namethathasntbeentaken

Activity: 150

update : namewastaken

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:41:28 AM

can't the original ann thread be unlocked? a coin with a massive community like waves should have an official place in this forum  (if there is, can someone link it to me?)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
skewerrichesse

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:21:35 AM

Guys, what do you think about the ICO? do you think the minimum cap will be reached?
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:11:34 AM

Guys, what do you think about the ICO? do you think the minimum cap will be reached?

Waves is not in ICO anymore. It's already running a year and a half.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 07:22:48 AM

CryptoKrunch

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:35:26 AM

I like the 10.58 for waves that is shown in the pic. I think with the updates coming we will see north of that 10.58  Smiley
Figatko

Activity: 243

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:58:36 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 09:25:22 AM by Figatko

Hello,
I cancelled waves leasing, sold 30 waves on DEX and tried to send BTC to the Cryptopia exchange. It says "wrong address". I doubt that cryptopia gave me the wrong address.
Is it because I did not wait 1000 blocks (if I remember right) for leasing to be fully cancelled (or smth like that)? But I managed to sell waves on DEX.
Can somebody explain that? Thank you!

EDIT: Solved. I just used "Withdraw" instead of "Send". But what the purpose of "Send"?
gregory51gosh

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Analysis is the key.

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 09:06:13 AM

War at economy — securities versus utility tokens. It shows the good approach Waves does @ Alexander "Sasha"'s idea to comply regulations. Also our philosophy for the tokenloyalty token - as utility token.

https://medium.com/@tokenloyalty/war-at-economy-securities-versus-utility-tokens-6a20d665e82e

██████████████████████████
█████████████     ████████
███████████       ████████
███████████    ███████████
████████          ████████
████████          ████████

████ █████████      ██████
████    █████        █████
█████               ██████
██████             ███████
███████           ████████
████████        ██████████
██████       █████████████

████████████████████   ███
████████████████  ███ ████
████████████    ███   ████
████████      ███    █████
████        ███      █████
██████    ███       ██████
███████████         ██████
██████████   █     ███████
██████████ ███████ ███████

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ TOKENLOYALTY.IO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAO ecosystem for loyalty programs: YOUTUBE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬LOOK AT THE WHITEPAPER▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████    ██████
███████████████████████████      █████
██████ █████████   █████████    ██████
████████ ██████     ██████████████████
██████████ █████   ██████     ████████
████████████ ███████████       ███████
██████████████ █████████       ███████
█████   ████████ ████████     ████████
████     █████████ ███████████████████
█████   ████████████ █████████████████
██████████████████████ ███████████████
████   ███████    ██████ █████████████
███     █████      ███████ ███████████
████   ██████      █████████ █████████
██████████████    ████████████████████
  *Whitepaper
*How to buy
*Roadmap
mikelv

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:42:10 AM

Hello,
I cancelled waves leasing, sold 30 waves on DEX and tried to send BTC to the Cryptopia exchange. It says "wrong address". I doubt that cryptopia gave me the wrong address.
Is it because I did not wait 1000 blocks (if I remember right) for leasing to be fully cancelled (or smth like that)? But I managed to sell waves on DEX.

EDIT: Solved. I just used "Withdraw" instead of "Send". But what the purpose of "Send"?

With "send" you can send assets to another WAVES address.
max.trekker

Activity: 141

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:03:42 AM

Hello,

With "send" you can send assets to another WAVES address.

Yea, this has confused med a bunch of times as well. I think those buttons needs an i that you can hover to show an explanation, at least in the beginning.

Send: "Send to a waves address"
Withdraw: "Send/Withdraw to a BTC address"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: