Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:05:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61929 times)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:19:37 PM

I i do the math (mynumberodWTC)/10.000.000*1000 then i received 1/10 of the expected bitcoin cash.
Maybe sasha kept some of them?

no, if my math is correct 1000 BCH were distributed to 10.000.000 WCT

I own 3 000 WTC,
So (3 000/ 10 000 000)*1000 = 3/10 = 0,3 BCC
When i said i do math, I really do math.

And I  get 0.03 BCC so 1/10 of that supposed i was suppose to receive
Until figure prove i am wrong, Waves airdropped 100 BCC not 1 000.
Or it is an unfair air drop?
I don't know what the official message was, but I have read something about the Bitcoin Cash airdrop happening in installments. So it could be possible that the entire amount will be dropped over several rounds.

That's correct.
There will be more BitcoinCash (BCC) airdrops.
In total, 1,000 BCH will be airdropped to holders of WavesCommunityTokens (WCT).

The 100 BCH that was airdropped yesterday is the first 10%.

How can you guys say and focus on it being generous and just accepting (i know there isnt much we can do) a lie without an explanation? Arent you more concerned with the ethics of how this was done, or would you think it would be generous if you only received 10% of your salary?

Sasha is at the frontier of negotiating and working for fair regulations in this space, he should therefore be and set an example, lying is definitely not the way to do it. This brings up many questions on how he runs the business, is he fair to his employees?

I actually was agains an airdrop like this, i think they should use that money for safety, growth and expansion instead. I mean, what if BTC crashed and BCC takes over, then waves wouldnt have any funds left. BUT, It is not fair when the CEO says that they will airdrop 1K next Monday and we get 0.1k next Thursday and with no official explanation, that should bring up some serious questions and doubts. A message here or on reddit or their official site explaining that they indeed cannot give away 1k as promised because they will need it for growth would be a much better approach, honesty, communication and transparency will always win in the long run in this space.

Stop FUDding. There was an explanation. It was clearly stated that the airdrop has to be capped and occur over time so as to not be considered market manipulation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:21:00 PM

I i do the math (mynumberodWTC)/10.000.000*1000 then i received 1/10 of the expected bitcoin cash.

I own 3 000 WTC,

I don't know what the official message was, but I have read something about the Bitcoin Cash airdrop happening in installments. So it could be possible that the entire amount will be dropped over several rounds.

That's correct.
In total, 1,000 BCH will be airdropped to holders of WavesCommunityTokens (WCT).

How can you guys say and focus on it being generous and just accepting (i know there isnt much we can do) a lie without an explanation? Arent you more concerned with the ethics of how this was done, or would you think it would be generous if you only received 10% of your salary?

Sasha is at the frontier of negotiating and working for fair regulations in this space, he should therefore be and set an example, lying is definitely not the way to do it. This brings up many questions on how he runs the business, is he fair to his employees?

I actually was agains an airdrop like this, i think they should use that money for safety, growth and expansion instead. I mean, what if BTC crashed and BCC takes over, then waves wouldnt have any funds left. BUT, It is not fair when the CEO says that they will airdrop 1K next Monday and we get 0.1k next Thursday and with no official explanation, that should bring up some serious questions and doubts. A message here or on reddit or their official site explaining that they indeed cannot give away 1k as promised because they will need it for growth would be a much better approach, honesty, communication and transparency will always win in the long run in this space.

they collected 36k btc and  6 btc has been used, 30k btc gives them 30k bcc ( and 30k BTG) , sharing 1k bcc ( goodwill) doesnt have that effect if ..cause there 29k bcc left Wink

my 2 cents
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:26:15 PM

Did anyone notice that if you type the name of not verified token on the Waves DEX it doesn't show anything? At least the token identifier used to appear before when you type the name of the unverified token.

your right , hmmm ok and now hiding  the rest of the of the shit tokens in the portfolio
JunoCoin

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:45:06 PM

Did anyone notice that if you type the name of not verified token on the Waves DEX it doesn't show anything? At least the token identifier used to appear before when you type the name of the unverified token.

your right , hmmm ok and now hiding  the rest of the of the shit tokens in the portfolio

How can people develop their projects when they are missing the most important - the name of their asset?
For example for me buying the domain www.junocoin.com is pointless if the name will not apper on the Waves Platform.
Also as we all trade assets and make transfers it will be mutualy satisfactoty if we can easily find them and Waves Platform gets their commisions.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:56:58 PM

How can people develop their projects when they are missing the most important - the name of their asset?
For example for me buying the domain www.junocoin.com is pointless if the name will not apper on the Waves Platform.
Also as we all trade assets and make transfers it will be mutualy satisfactoty if we can easily find them and Waves Platform gets their commisions.
I'm pretty sure that will happen with the new platform that is soon to be released.
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:34:56 PM

I own 3 000 WTC,

That's correct.

Stop FUDding. There was an explanation. It was clearly stated that the airdrop has to be capped and occur over time so as to not be considered market manipulation.

Hey,

I don't think he's fudding, I think I understand what he says and why he says it.

Sasha got the question about BCC during the Telegram Q&A and made a quick decision that he would airdrop 1,000 to WCT holders next monday.
I think that was a bit too premature to make that statement and it would have been better if he would have said "we consider an airdrop but yet have to decide on the details".

He probable didn't realise monday was a national holiday in Russia, so the team decided it would be Thursday the 9th, because they had to prepare the NG public stress test too.
Another thing is, Bittrex is very strict on coins regarding buy backs, burning coins, airdrops and market manipulation since they have to comply to SEC rulings.

I guess that's why the Waves team decided to spread the BCC over multiple airdrops, so it wouldn't influence the price of the Waves Community Token too much.

But if you hold BCC, I understand why you would feel angry or disappointed if you expected the airdrop of 1,000 instead of 100 BCC.
I don't think it's fud, I think it's real disappointment.

But on a positive note: considering the fact the Waves team will still airdrop all the coins, but spread over multiple weeks / months, it should be good for your WCT holdings.

For me it's not a big issue, I was holding WCT and will be holding WCT since it plays an important roll in voting and the future DAO after the Sigma release.

Turing
max.trekker

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:35:18 PM

I own 3 000 WTC,

That's correct.

Where do you find this clearly stated information?
I think you miss-interpreted this Question, which didn't speak about the airdrops. Doing airdrops can not be seen as market manipulation.

Q: Why not use BCC funds to buy back Waves in a legally compliant way? You could even use them for a community project. Your BCC is valued at 10million usd, which is 3million Waves off market! That would better serve us than penny scraps. Some of us are down hundreds of thousands of USD!
A: That’s market manipulation 🙂

From the last QA (http://wavescommunity.com/qa-session-with-sasha-ivanov-on-waves-slack-nov-2-2017/)

Q: How much % bcc will be allocated to the wct holders?
Sasha: I plan on sending around 1k BCC next week.

Q: How do you calculated the amount of BCC (1K) to airdrop next week? Can we expect more airdrops since that’s only 5% of the bcc stack?
Sasha: we’ll do in batches, and the amount received will be determined by the amount of WCT you hold.

My interpretation of those questions
1. Around 1k shall be distributed next week. 0.1k is not around 1k. Saying around 1k one would expect it to be 0.9-1.1k BCC.
2. More then 5% of their 30k BCC stash will be airdropped. 1k being the first happening next week (context from answer above), and then more in batches.

FYI bringing forward serious questions based of real evidence if not FUDing. Only naive investors close their eyes when evidence based claims are addressed.
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:38:01 PM

I own 3 000 WTC,

That's correct.

From the last QA (http://wavescommunity.com/qa-session-with-sasha-ivanov-on-waves-slack-nov-2-2017/)

Q: How do you calculated the amount of BCC (1K) to airdrop next week? Can we expect more airdrops since that’s only 5% of the bcc stack?
Sasha: we’ll do in batches, and the amount received will be determined by the amount of WCT you hold.

1. Around 1k shall be distributed next week. 0.1k is not around 1k. Saying around 1k one would expect it to be 0.9-1.1k BCC.
2. More then 5% of their 30k BCC stash will be airdropped. 1k being the first happening next week (context from answer above), and then more in batches.

FYI bringing forward serious questions based of real evidence if not FUDing. Only naive investors close their eyes when evidence based claims are addressed.

I don't think you fud, please look at the post I made just above yours Smiley

I'm not part of the Waves team, btw. Magnet and I are just supporters and Waves holders that wants to do something for this great community.
Most things done by the Waves team work out great but communication could an should be handled better.
For a part it's a Russian thing, where time doesn't play such an important role as it does here (Magnet shared a nice article about it).

The article that I received from Magnet: https://understandrussia.com/time
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:47:00 PM

I think you miss-interpreted this Question, which didn't speak about the airdrops. Doing airdrops can not be seen as market manipulation.

Q: Why not use BCC funds to buy back Waves in a legally compliant way? You could even use them for a community project. Your BCC is valued at 10million usd, which is 3million Waves off market! That would better serve us than penny scraps. Some of us are down hundreds of thousands of USD!

I found it instantly on Telegram.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 05:49:13 PM

Source: https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/08/waves-says-its-launched-the-fastest-blockchain-platform-in-the-world

Little-known public blockchain Waves debuted an upgraded protocol today that it’s billing as the fastest in the world. Waves-NG, a “next generation” update of the Waves blockchain that first launched back in 2016, is currently running a stress test to reinforce that claim.

The Moscow-based company completed its ICO back in June 2016, before initial coin offerings became the fad they are today, pulling in $16 million, a substantial raise at the time.

Like Ethereum, Waves has smart-contract capabilities built-in and allows a host of other businesses to launch tokens on its chain. Some 5,519 tokens have been released on the platform to date, totaling a market capitalization of $1 billion, according the company’s website. Unlike the Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchains, Waves runs on a proof-of-stake basis rather than proof-of-work, meaning it doesn’t demand heavy compute resources in order to process transactions. (You can find an overview of proof-of-work vs. proof-of stake here.) The Waves-NG upgrade promises to accelerate transactions even faster. (It takes its name and strategy from Bitcoin-NG, a 2016 proposal for upgrading Bitcoin transaction speeds that drew support from within the Bitcoin community before faltering amid debate.)

Businesses and applications that require high transaction rates could find Waves to be a more compelling public platform choice than Ethereum. Blockchain expert Emin Gun Sirer, who coauthored the 2016 Bitcoin-NG proposal, told VentureBeat that the Waves-NG stress test has impressed him so far. “I just saw the results from today’s tests — they are achieving an unprecedented 190 transactions/second. This leaves Bitcoin, at 3 transactions/second, in the dust,” he said. Ethereum apparently processes about 5 or 6 transactions per second.

Gun Sirer noted that Burger King Russia recently launched its Whoppercoin token — designed to store loyalty points on the blockchain — on Waves. “If you plan to transact at [the rates of that size business], existing systems like Bitcoin and Ethereum can’t keep up — 3 to 7 transactions/second will not handle the throughput required to serve billions of burgers in Russia, let alone the globe,” he said.
cypher21

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:50:49 PM

nice i love WAVES. Got mining rewards(POS) for lending, and now i also get some bch and an plus of 30% on the market.

you guys do real good work. love you Smiley
max.trekker

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:53:30 PM

I don't think you fud, please look at the post I made just above yours Smiley
[/quote]

Yes, Im definitely not FUDing. Just raising my voice on that it was not correctly done. Now it can be seen as deceiving, only airdropping a small amount of what was said and not going out to the community to say they changed their mind (which would have been OK).  They should have formulated it as you wrote in your post "we consider an airdrop but yet have to decide on the details". However, I understand that one can make not thoroughly thought decisions during an interview, but Sasha should have made an announcement as soon as he realised that he wouldn't go through with what he said, which would be before the airdrop.

I like waves but being invested in the platform you always have to play the devil's advocate and constantly try to prove your investment wrong. Often ask these questions about a company: What values are changing? what ethics does the company have? Always trying to investigate how the company change and acts and if one should reevaluate ones investment.
Hindafing

Activity: 178
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:54:52 PM

nice i love WAVES. Got mining rewards(POS) for lending, and now i also get some bch and an plus of 30% on the market.

you guys do real good work. love you Smiley

Very true words. Sasha an the whole Waves team are doing a very amazing job and in 2018 this coin will go to the moon. I have no doubt.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
max.trekker

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:59:35 PM

I found it instantly on Telegram.

Please share, i cannot even view their Telegram.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:12:48 PM

Wavesnews, [09.11.17 14:50]
BCH airdrop has begun!

Wavesnews, [09.11.17 16:19]
[Forwarded from sasha35625]
BCC airdrop to celebrate NG test launch is under way. Next one will be with working NG on the mainnet!

(And will take much less time obviously)

The total of 1000 BCC will be distributed over time, we have to cap it so it is not considered to be a market manipulation
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:13:48 PM

There is also an FAQ over here, which actually states multiple airdrops of 100 BCH each will take place:

http://support.wavesplatform.com/forums/1-general/topics/9821-bch-airdrop-faq-9-nov-2017/
22justin

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 06:34:28 PM

Guys, we need to be far more active on Reddit. /R/CryptoMarkets and /R/Cryptocurrency are the two biggest subreddits. Be sure to inform people.

Looking for the next 10x Small Cap for Q2 2018? $XBY (dApp Platform, New PoSign Algorithm), $SHIFT (dPoS Decentralized Web 3.0 on IFPS) & $BLOCK (Blockchain Agnostic DeX, atomic swaps)
Twitter: @Vancitycrypto
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:36:24 PM

Guys, we need to be far more active on Reddit. /R/CryptoMarkets and /R/Cryptocurrency are the two biggest subreddits. Be sure to inform people.
People will be informed automatically once the new platform rolls out. Right now there is no good reason to draw people in though.
max.trekker

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:57:31 PM

There is also an FAQ over here, which actually states multiple airdrops of 100 BCH each will take place:

http://support.wavesplatform.com/forums/1-general/topics/9821-bch-airdrop-faq-9-nov-2017/

Thanks, i still think they should have withdraw sashas statement earlier and made if more official though. 
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

Thanks, i still think they should have withdraw sashas statement earlier and made if more official though. 
I don't want to defend them for things I don't know, and I don't know what exactly was happening. But it might be possible that they wanted to drop the entire amount at once first, but then found out that it would cause legal problems which forced them to change their plans very promptly.

But yeah, I wish that projects would be more anticipating of these problems at the very least.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: