Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61929 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:27:18 PM

I still don't understand, when will Waves DEX be on mainnet, in the lite client?

Waves DEX is live since April, with $1mln. volume today!

https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/releases

The DEX volume is very good and will still increase with the new release that looks beautiful. With WavesNG around the corner there are good times ahead for Waves.

And also, just to add, the price of it right now is dirt cheap. Different positive news keep coming for this coin and the future for it (regarding its price) is quite pleasant but you just have to make sure that your outlook is for long-term investment. This wouldn't make you rich overnight or with just a couple of weeks. Just buy when the opportunity provides itself. Hold and wait for the tsunami to come next year.  Grin

Yes Waves are cheap right now. I think “platform” coins will do good 2018. With platform coins I mean coins that build functionality to do other stuff on like ICOs, business integration and to some extent distributed exchanges.
I agree with you, platform coins like waves is real project and more valuable for investment. I think one day waves price can be great like ethereum if many ico project using waves platform

Yes, but only if the projects are serious big projects. Waves must find a way to get rid of all the junk tokens on the platform because it is bad for reputation.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:58:36 PM

I've been working on Waves NG subject today just to get a better understanding of that new powerful development of Waves. One thing I am wondering is, does the higher throughput of transactions comes along with higher security issues? And does it has any impact on the network stability?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:45:34 PM

I've been working on Waves NG subject today just to get a better understanding of that new powerful development of Waves. One thing I am wondering is, does the higher throughput of transactions comes along with higher security issues? And does it has any impact on the network stability?
Not as far as I am aware to both of those questions.

On another note, the closed beta invites have been sent out yesterday. Anyone get in?
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 02:42:27 AM

On another note, the closed beta invites have been sent out yesterday. Anyone get in?

they were already in and had fun testing it Cool
read it from Slack.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

paidcoin

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:55:43 AM

what is the best wallet waves ?
thinkdifferent

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

ASK ME FOR LOANS

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:37:49 AM

what is the best wallet waves ?

They have a google chrome lite wallet app is the best one to use.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wavesliteapp/kfmcaklajknfekomaflnhkjjkcjabogm?hl=en

ASK ME FOR LOANS
the_future_now

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:16:52 AM

Which WAVES topics spike(d) interest in the last 7 days?

https://i.imgur.com/0bjFrAp.png

top25 list (incl. links) here:

* https://steemit.com/waves/@thefuturenow/which-waves-topics-spike-d-interest-in-the-last-7-days-top25-list
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 04:26:00 PM

I still don't understand, when will Waves DEX be on mainnet, in the lite client?

The DEX volume is very good and will still increase with the new release that looks beautiful. With WavesNG around the corner there are good times ahead for Waves.

And also, just to add, the price of it right now is dirt cheap. Different positive news keep coming for this coin and the future for it (regarding its price) is quite pleasant but you just have to make sure that your outlook is for long-term investment. This wouldn't make you rich overnight or with just a couple of weeks. Just buy when the opportunity provides itself. Hold and wait for the tsunami to come next year.  Grin

Yes Waves are cheap right now. I think “platform” coins will do good 2018. With platform coins I mean coins that build functionality to do other stuff on like ICOs, business integration and to some extent distributed exchanges.
I agree with you, platform coins like waves is real project and more valuable for investment. I think one day waves price can be great like ethereum if many ico project using waves platform

Yes, but only if the projects are serious big projects. Waves must find a way to get rid of all the junk tokens on the platform because it is bad for reputation.

Ethereum also have all those airdropped shitcoins!

Waves do not recognize some tokens. Only some are approved (the old green ticker, now only the name showing in the DEX)
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:45:10 PM

I am just curious as to when would be the supposed release of the new Waves DEX website? I saw some screenshots of what the website might look like so I am wondering if there are plans to release the said website on the net?
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:18:10 PM

I agree with you. And the waves have a great advantage in the form of dex.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 08:30:30 PM

I am just curious as to when would be the supposed release of the new Waves DEX website? I saw some screenshots of what the website might look like so I am wondering if there are plans to release the said website on the net?

also waiting for any updates regarding this one. i also saw the photos and its better than the current so i'd like to try whether we can finally see something to work on to. i have already uninstalled the wallet i have on chrome so please hurry the release of it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ju34400

Activity: 1274
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:06:05 PM

hi
does it exist a site where we can check easily the value of our waves tokens?
like https://deltabalances.github.io/ for ether token
thanks
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:59:23 PM

I'm not a proven expert, but I think there might well be security or stability issues. Would be interesting if someone from Waves could comment on that. Is there a platform besides Bitcointalk where such subjects to Waves are discussed? Telegram group for example?
the_future_now

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 03:39:48 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 04:32:18 PM by the_future_now

Traffic jam on the blockchain highway

https://i.imgur.com/eTYV4ex.png

edit:
* situation 1h later:

https://i.imgur.com/UlsgPCM.png
Jiddu

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

into the clusterfuck

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:46:15 PM

hi
does it exist a site where we can check easily the value of our waves tokens?
like https://deltabalances.github.io/ for ether token
thanks

I don't know of such service yet but I'm pretty sure the https://oceanlab.eu project will offer something like that.
JunoCoin

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 04:47:51 PM

I'm not a proven expert, but I think there might well be security or stability issues. Would be interesting if someone from Waves could comment on that. Is there a platform besides Bitcointalk where such subjects to Waves are discussed? Telegram group for example?

There is https://wavestalk.org

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 06:06:50 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2017, 06:19:55 PM by MaGNeT

edit:
* situation 1h later:

Hehe, looks like someone was really testing the blockchain Smiley

After the Waves-NG launch we can handle 8.6 million transactions per day (100tx/s) and it can be increased to at least 86 million transactions per day when needed.

Should be enough Wink Worlds most adopted cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, can only handle ~650,000 tx/day.
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:15:38 PM

Source: http://wavescommunity.com/alex-kofman-qa-summary

Last Friday we’ve held a live Q&A session with Waves Platform Project Manager, Alexey Kofman.
In case you missed it or just want to recall something, here’s the summary.
This is a full version of the session, we keep original punctuation and even typos.

Enjoy reading!

Welcome, @alexkof
Alexey: Hi everyone! 🙂  Let’s start

Q: Hi Alexey. What are the plans for new GUI beta tests. Will it be a closed beta? Will the testing happen on mainnet or testnet?
Inga: We’re announcing closed Beta later today, it’s planned for Monday, Nov 20th, as announced earlier
A: I mostly work with backend team developing waves node, rather than UI

Q:  what exactly is your job at waves? not your position, but in general what do you do and what are you currently working on and what are some future plans? maybe a short summary of things:)
A: My role is closer to product manager of waves node and in general our blockchain. I’m defining requirements of new features and build development team. Currently mostly thinking about Waves-NG and a bit of planning for future changes like Smart Contracts.

Q:  Alexey what are next plan for matcher? Any plans to parallelize the matcher so that miners can profit from that?  With standard dex gui i mean
A:  No particular plans. Our matcher has a very good balance between centralized and decentralized exchanges. It generates a lot of transactions and already gives income to our miners and traders.

Q:  How is that? The fees for dex transactions don’t go to the nodes or do they?
A:  DEX generates Exchange Transactions with fee=0.003 waves and it goes to miners

Q:  Which part of it goes to the matcher and which to the nodes?
A:  I think almost all goes to miners, but it depends of number of partial fills of particular orders. I can share formula after this session

Q:  Could you explain MRT’s usecase?
A:  We want miners and leasers to have more profit, it’s simple 🙂

Q:  How? Plz explain more detail.
A:  If you look at bitcoin, it has rewards model based on inflation (creating new coin) we have MRT. One can sell it or hold. We plan to use it in miners voting a bit later, when prepare needed tools 🙂

Q:  I think what YeonJun might be getting at is that being rewarded with MRT is not a use case for MRT.  We would be interested to know what utility it has within the network to give it value.
A:  Once we introduce voting system, which means next year 🙂

Q:  How will you implement smart contracts? Design a new language?  Or use Scala/Java?  As smart contract language
A:  We want them to be simple and cheap. We’ll use sigma-language which allows to define expression for fast validation on transaction. Close to bitcoin scripts and very useful. Then we’ll be able to extend it as needed.

Q:  Are there any plans for allowing leasing in IOS app or any of the new portfolio functions from Waves NG?
A:  Leasing function will be done in mobile apps soon, as I know

Q:  Hi Alexey! 2 questions: Will we have the Blockchain OS beta on the 20th? Will it have the complete history of our transactions and transfers?
A:  For OS we have a bit separate team doing it. Yes, we will extend API, we need to have all the method to accessing all data apps may need. Please send your requests to me personally if you need something like this

Q: Waves-NG  has been stressed tests, are there currently any other test ongoing and what kind of tests?
A: Stress-test was really good, we have testet new node version and identified some issues. Now we are fixing them and preparing for next testnet build. Currently only internal tests on devnet.

Q: Technically why someone should use waves instead of ethereum or other options?
A: 1. Easier to create your token. 2. You don’t lose money because of bugs in complicated smart contracts. 3. Transactions are cheaper

Q:  Hi. Why is for node only 1k and before it was 10k? And why don’t you set max for 1 node at 100k. In this case big nodes stay and we small will have lot of incompetent nodes with small amount
A:  We want more decentralization so min limit should be low, but I understand that with 1k-10k you have too few blocks generated anyway. So need some balance here

Q:  For a developer who is thinking of creating smart contracts, and hesitate between ethereum and waves. Which has a lower learning curve.
A:  When Waves contracts are ready it will be easier to learn them I guess, but still there is a difference. You should choose based on your particular task.

Q: Will we have a solution to have better control of our open orders in DEX?
A: What do you mean? Can you list some examples?

Q:  cancel all open orders easily
A: Yes, now you cannot get all orders for all pairs, this will be possible with DEX API in future. And we should make it’s more simple with new DEX UI.

Q: is the dev team properly staffed or are you still looking for additional developers?
A:  We have 8 high-skilled senior Scala-developers, I can say that this is one of most professional teams I’ve ever worked with. Maybe we will get some other roles like QA or Analysts in future.

Q:  Will you make steps in reducing the wavesgo share and make sure it is more proportional given the number of waves that is leased to it?
A:  In short term we motivate people to lease to small nodes giving more MRT to them. In long-term we’ll upgrade our POS algo, not only making it more precise, but also more secure.

Q:  Anything in the pipeline that might attract new users ? besides waves-ng
A: New Wallet for users, for developers we’ll have Data Transactions allowing to store extra data, Smart Contracts, etc…

Q:  Will new UI go on beta the 20th and can it go mainnet before NG??
A:  New UI doesn’t depend on NG, I’m not sure what will be first NG activation or new Wallet

Q: How will you implement smart contracts? Design a new language?  Or use Scala/Java?
A: We want them to be simple and cheap. We’ll use sigma-language which allows to define expression for fast validation on transaction. Close to bitcoin scripts and very useful. Then we’ll be able to extend it as needed.

Q: You state you can do 100 transactions per second, can WAVES -NG be pushed to do more or is this it’s limit?
A: Yes, it can. But we need to decide together. If we are ready to spend more miner’s resources to do this. Currently 100tx/s is ok for our demands. Then we’ll work on node’s optimization and increase it when needed.

Q: Will new UI go on beta the 20th and can it go mainnet before NG??
A: New UI doesn’t depend on NG, I’m not sure what we’ll be first NG activation or new Wallet

Q: When will we see something new on mainnet?
A: This month definitely

Q:  Alex, do you plan implementation of atomic swaps on the platform in the Waves next year?
A: We don’t plan. Our goal is to make smart contracts which will allow this. And then community can implement if there is a demand for this.

Q:  Are there any plans regarding anonymous transactions?
A: Currently no plans for anonymous transactions. But this is possible in future.

Q: That’s strange. I’ve seen Sasha mention anonymous transactions many times. Is this just something in his head? 😂
A: Yes, Sasha has a lot of things in mind, I mostly think about features we are going deliver in nearest future

Q:  Hello, I’ve got a question regarding 2FA. As I’ve read it’s planned to be implemented in the future. If so, any idea when? And how will it work? Will nodes send confirmation to users and validate transactions afterwards? Thanks
A: Actually there are several ways to implement this. If you want to confirm tx from two devices, we can use multisig account and appropriate services and UX for 2FA. But we can design different ways as well.

Q: Matanzas Ronaldo:  In your opinion if guys execute everything you’re capable of are you bigger than ethereum? How quickly could that happen ?
A: I don’t know, this is difficult to predict

Q: Alex,tell me , in the system of voting ,which will be implemented next year, will involve the current WCT and MRT?
A: It will be generic system, one can use his tokens for voting. We will use MRT and WCT

Q:  Hey @alexkof  Any change Waves will get listed on Korean exchanges any time soon? BitThumb and such? ( I know we get Upbit today btw)
A:  We have separate people working with exchanges and there are lot of new exchanges coming, but I’m not aware of exact ones

Q: How do you plan to achieve decentralization? Don’t you think the current top nodes (wavesgo and wavesnode) are too big already? Why should people care to lease to other pools?
A: It’s more profitable now since the small nodes get more MRT. In future a lot of small nodes and their stake will grow

Q: Will the closed beta of the new UI work in a similar way like the closed iOS DEX beta?
A: I don’t know, Inga will tell you later 🙂

Q: Alexey there is any kind of minimum hw requirements to run a full node?
A: Yes, but it can be changed with NG. We’ll finalize hw requirements before release to mainnet this month.

Q: What stack is used in backend?
A: Node is in Scala

Q from Slack: Any new gateways going to be added soon or will it be left to community? If it is going to left to the community how will security/trust be ensured?
A: Good question, but I’m not aware of this. So many people working on different parts of the platform 🙂

Q: Hi Alexey. Could we transfer aliases to other wallets in the near future?
A: No it’s not possible and will not be possible. Register one for yourself, not for sale 🙂

Q: Are you planning on building another developer team for making not so important features?
A: Actually yes. Voting system may be developed by separate team, we’re still thinking on this. We’ll also create a team for another blockchain projects, not so closely related to Waves Platform.

Q: We’ll also create a team for another blockchain projects, not so closely related to Waves Platform <—– Huh
Tell us more about this please 😁
A: Such ones>> Q. Don’t suppose there have been any recent developments with any of Waves strategic partners you can share? From the likes of Burger King, Deloitte, Gazprombank, People of Growth, Kazakhstan, Kuna Exchange…Some states also may want national crypto-currencies 😉

Q: “As a Waves token, MRT can be transferred and traded freely on Waves’ decentralised exchange (DEX)”
As far as I know I paid fees for trading and sending MRT and WCT. Will there be a refund?
A: No 🙂

Q: Is there someone working on 2FA already? Any estimation on the implementation date?
A: We need to introduce Smart Contracts first – this is first step, then 2FA

Q: Don’t suppose there have been any recent developments with any of Waves strategic partners you can share? From the likes of Burger King, Deloitte, Gazprombank, People of Growth, Kazakhstan, Kuna Exchange…
A: This is a question to address marketing or business development, not technical PM

Q: @alexkof when next time Stout?
A: Come to Moscow, there is a lot of beer 🙂

Q: When Putin endorse waves
A: Isn’t he already?

Q: If so can you just make him tweet to buy Waves?
A: He doesn’t have twitter account 😀

Alexey: Thanks everyone, I think the session is finished, a lot of good questions!
Inga: And that’s it, folks!
Thanks everyone for joining the Q&A session, I’ll post the summary to wavescommunity.com on Monday.
Thank you, Alexey!

Join Waves News channel: https://t.me/WavesNews
Join Waves Telegram channel: http://t.me/Wavescommunity
Join Waves Twitter: http://twitter.com/wavesplatform
Join Waves Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wavesplatform
the_future_now

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 06:20:41 PM

yes, it's in good levels again :-)

until recently I saw 100-200 txs queued up, first time seeing so many

edit:
* situation 1h later:

Hehe, looks like someone was really testing the blockchain Smiley

After the Waves-NG launch we can handle 8.6 million transactions per day (100tx/s) and it can be increased to at least 86 million transactions per day when needed.

Should be enough Wink Bitcoin can only handle ~650,000 tx/day.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:50:46 AM

Good read, thanks for linking @Turing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: