Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES | Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform | SMART CONTRACTS COMING!  (Read 61926 times)
Turing (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:02:32 PM

And all the tokens not stored by a gateway are bid to you Waves private key.

All the Waves tokens are on the Waves blockchain and if you hold them, they are on your Waves address that you control with your private key (pass phrase / seed or whatever you like to call it).

This also applies to tokens that represent BTC, ETH, LTC, Dollars, Euro's, etc.

The real coins / money is held by the gateways and they make sure you can exchange your wBTC tokens for real BTC or wUSD to real $.

This year, atomic swaps will be implemented for many existing coins so there is no need for a "trusted party" like a gateway.
For Dollars or Euro's, there will still be the need of such a party.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:03:35 PM

why do i get notification on waveswallet.io Huh

i do not use chrome apps for waves, do i still download the desktop application ?
Turing (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:09:02 PM

why do i get notification on waveswallet.io Huh

i do not use chrome apps for waves, do i still download the desktop application ?

It's just a warning for people who are (also) using the Chrome Wallet.

To them: just make sure you hold a copy of the seed (pass phrase) and you will always be able to use current of future Waves wallets.
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:12:23 PM

It is always good to keep your seed at safe place doesn't matter what kind of wallet is in your use. Purpose of my coming here was to see what is new which is providing huge support to Waves at market as it is today's performance deserves to be appreciated in highly volatile time.
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:14:59 PM

How is it possible waves volume on Tidex (almost unknown exchange) and on Yobit is much higher than on Bittrex or Binance?

Waves volume today on:
Tidex: 12M USD
Yobit: 5M USD
Bittrex: 1.2M USD
Binance: 0.9M USD

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/waves/#markets

That is strange. Is Tidex affiliated with Waves? Waves makes up half of Tidex's total market.

yes, there is  a "genetic" link between tidex and waves..

I don't think Tidex is affiliated to Waves, but I think the Waves team helped them to launch.
If Tidex has a so high volume, I think it's because they applies no fee on orders

From Tidex:
the simplest fee structure possible; 0,1% for market makers, 0,1% market takers fee.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for your help in clearing that up.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:28:10 PM

Information on the smart contracts coming for the Waves platform, as shared during the Amsterdam meetup.

https://blockchaindiaries.com/blockchain/meetup-waves-smart-contracts/
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:50:52 PM

Information on the smart contracts coming for the Waves platform, as shared during the Amsterdam meetup.

https://blockchaindiaries.com/blockchain/meetup-waves-smart-contracts/

Thanks for that link. I was wondering about what was discussed at the meetup. Glad to see that they release more info about smart contracts and that so many developers are constantly working on this project. I'm ready for the Node 1.0 release in May Cheesy
muvie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:13:16 PM

I am happy that the ANN thread is back only again.

Feature request: Can you please implement 2 factor authentication for the desktop app?
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:19:41 PM

I’ve noticed a lot of people saying that Waves is the next Ethereum. Do you guys really think it has the potential to surpass ETH? Why? I ask because I’ve always thought ETH was a really good investment and a really solid project, but now I am thinking of branching out and investing in Waves.

There's no need to be the next Ethereum or be better than Ethereum, it's important to do things different than Ethereum and attract new startups, companies, customers and create an easy and cheap to use platform.

The Waves platform needs no "gas" for their smart contracts, so it's cheap.
The Waves platform has Waves-NG that scales up to 1000tx/s, so it's fast.
The Waves platform has a wallet with integrated exchange (DEX) for all the tokens, so it's a complete ecosystem.
The Waves platform is helping startups and companies with both ICO's and regulation around it, so it's easy for them to join Waves.

I like that mindset and how you aren't trying to chase after something that's already big, but trying to do things differently to attract new users. That is valuable in a project. Thanks for your reply and clarification.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
darrenwgray

Activity: 756
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:25:11 PM

I’ve noticed a lot of people saying that Waves is the next Ethereum. Do you guys really think it has the potential to surpass ETH? Why? I ask because I’ve always thought ETH was a really good investment and a really solid project, but now I am thinking of branching out and investing in Waves.

There's no need to be the next Ethereum or be better than Ethereum, it's important to do things different than Ethereum and attract new startups, companies, customers and create an easy and cheap to use platform.

The Waves platform needs no "gas" for their smart contracts, so it's cheap.
The Waves platform has Waves-NG that scales up to 1000tx/s, so it's fast.
The Waves platform has a wallet with integrated exchange (DEX) for all the tokens, so it's a complete ecosystem.
The Waves platform is helping startups and companies with both ICO's and regulation around it, so it's easy for them to join Waves.

I like that mindset and how you aren't trying to chase after something that's already big, but trying to do things differently to attract new users. That is valuable in a project. Thanks for your reply and clarification.
The project has a great future only to wait. I think in 2019 will be x50 or even x100
Turing (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:32:42 PM

I am happy that the ANN thread is back only again.

Feature request: Can you please implement 2 factor authentication for the desktop app?

2FA won't add much safety to coin wallets. That's why you don't see wallets with 2FA that often.

Why?

Either if you run the client in the browser or locally, all the code is running on your computer. It's not a "web" or "cloud" based service like an exchange, where an attacker from any country could try to hack your account.

Waves having a decentralized exchange in the wallet doesn't change that.

If someone has your seed (pass phrase), they could use it on another PC to steel your coins without 2FA to stop them, so in that case, 2FA won't add security.

2FA will only help in one scenario: when your single PC is compromised / accessible by someone else.

Bazzzil86

Activity: 420
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:34:26 PM

no effect for the price(
ders_a

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:22:17 PM

waves online client does not have 2fa. is it safe to be like that? have you heard if 2fa will be added?

2FA won't add much safety to coin wallets. That's why you don't see wallets with 2FA that often.

Why?

Either if you run the client in the browser or locally, all the code is running on your computer. It's not a "web" or "cloud" based service like an exchange, where an attacker from any country could try to hack your account.

If someone has your seed (pass phrase), they could use it on another PC to steel your coins without 2FA to stop them, so in that case, 2FA won't add security.

2FA will only help in one scenario: when your single PC is compromised / accessible by someone else.

And sorry to ask -  waves is not stackable?

If you meen, PoS, it has LPoS (Lease Proof of Stake).
You can lease your coins to nodes and receive small rewards (fees and soon also MRT, miner reward tokens).
During a lease, your coins don't leave your wallet. It's 100% safe and can be canceled at any time.
Leased Waves can not be moved or traded, you need to cancel the lease first.

A list of pools can be found here: http://dev.pywaves.org/generators-weekly

Please lease to a small or medium sized pool for decentralization. In rewards, a larger pool doesn't pay more than a medium sized pool.

I think you are wrong/very wrong about 2FA (or my question was confusing).

If I have local wallet I encrypt it and it is relatively safe even if wallet will go to hacker. I will check, could be that desctop wallet of Waves have encryption, but I speak about online wallet now.
When you use online wallet, many people will have address and password in browser and if pc will be hacked, most probably hacker will be able to go to online wallet. WAVES do nto ask 2FA, so funds and seed will be stolen. And yes, waves are not so simple like some altcoin -  hacker may get access not only to coins but also to other funds in Waves wallet. Also, lack of 2FA will lead to many pishing sites, where newbies will enter passwords and hacker will get real wallet.

If you are related to Waves devs, I kindly ask to think one more time about this.

Thanks for answer about staking. looks simple (I read http://wavespool.net/how-to-lease.html). If you can say what is profitablity I will be thankfull. Also - is it profitable to lease some i.e. 500 Waves or amounts must vbe bigger? If it is hard question, I will try to speak with pools in their telegrams. Thanks!

Turing (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:40:41 PM

waves online client does not have 2fa. is it safe to be like that? have you heard if 2fa will be added?

Why?

And sorry to ask -  waves is not stackable?

If you meen, PoS, it has LPoS (Lease Proof of Stake).
You can lease your coins to nodes and receive small rewards (fees and soon also MRT, miner reward tokens).
During a lease, your coins don't leave your wallet. It's 100% safe and can be canceled at any time.
Leased Waves can not be moved or traded, you need to cancel the lease first.

A list of pools can be found here: http://dev.pywaves.org/generators-weekly

Please lease to a small or medium sized pool for decentralization. In rewards, a larger pool doesn't pay more than a medium sized pool.

I think you are wrong/very wrong about 2FA (or my question was confusing).

If I have local wallet I encrypt it and it is relatively safe even if wallet will go to hacker. I will check, could be that desctop wallet of Waves have encryption, but I speak about online wallet now.
When you use online wallet, many people will have address and password in browser and if pc will be hacked, most probably hacker will be able to go to online wallet. WAVES do nto ask 2FA, so funds and seed will be stolen. And yes, waves are not so simple like some altcoin -  hacker may get access not only to coins but also to other funds in Waves wallet. Also, lack of 2FA will lead to many pishing sites, where newbies will enter passwords and hacker will get real wallet.

If you are related to Waves devs, I kindly ask to think one more time about this.

Thanks for answer about staking. looks simple (I read http://wavespool.net/how-to-lease.html). If you can say what is profitablity I will be thankfull. Also - is it profitable to lease some i.e. 500 Waves or amounts must vbe bigger? If it is hard question, I will try to speak with pools in their telegrams. Thanks!

In the "online wallet", nothing is stored online, everything is executed and stored on your computer. It's just like the local wallet.

The session only exists on your PC, there is no account like a central exchange. Giving your password to someone else won't hurt, unless you gave them access to your very own PC.

And if people give their private key (seed / pass phrase) on a phishing site, no 2FA can fix that, your coins are lost then.
ders_a

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:50:34 PM

I speak about https://beta.wavesplatform.com/ . I connect vi browser and browser store address and asking to store password in browser. If computer goes to hacker - I will lose everything. Nothing encrypted.

But ok, maybe I am very much wrong and all is similar to MEW. But MEW was pished so many times. That why I use Metamask with separate passwords. Will try desktop wallet.

Turing (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:34:29 PM

I speak about https://beta.wavesplatform.com/ . I connect vi browser and browser store address and asking to store password in browser. If computer goes to hacker - I will lose everything. Nothing encrypted.

But ok, maybe I am very much wrong and all is similar to MEW. But MEW was pished so many times. That why I use Metamask with separate passwords. Will try desktop wallet.

If you lose your private key (pass phrase / seed) to a hacker by any kind of phishing, your coins are lost. No 2FA can fix that.

So when would 2FA help you? Only when someone else has access to your computer and that person knows the password that you created for the wallet.

In all other situations, it wouldn't add much security to a local wallet.

And imagine Waves would implement 2FA in a way that it's really safe and a user loses his 2FA key? You can't mail support to recover it, it's a local session, so no central way to "reset" your 2FA key.

I think there can be ways to increase security but it has to be smarter than just 2FA Wink

I'm not affiliated with the Waves platform, so I don't know what additional security features are being worked on.
I know support for an existing hardware wallet is being worked on.
andreyka10

Activity: 583
Merit: 21

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:47:54 PM

WAVES at all the platform has been made truly wise. It is a pity that society does not support it so well. but we hope that it will happen
Fu.Sin

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:59:01 PM

To be honest. I do not understand people who are fan of the waves. Why do you love these waves so much? On their algorithm, very few coins are produced.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
ders_a

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:09:30 PM

To be honest. I do not understand people who are fan of the waves. Why do you love these waves so much? On their algorithm, very few coins are produced.

it is only start. waves are ok. eth is not enough to hold all projects

True Spartan

Activity: 357
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:11:05 AM

Great Project! I too am trying to Save The Ocean Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: