Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:10:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin debit card with the best possible exchange rate  (Read 1310 times)
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:38:48 AM

Have you tried Uphold.com , currently they provide virtual debit cards...

Uphold has some pretty crappy exchange rates or at least when i used them. Plus, their account has pretty low limits for an anonymous user so unless you are able to verify yourself you probably don't want to use them.

Also it's weird they claim that they are running on full reserve but then they don't actually show proof of reserves - you can see the numbers, they add up. But you don't know whether they are lying or not. It's just so weird.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GoodOne

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:49:26 AM

There are two types of bitcoin debit cards in the market, the physical and virtual.
If you are looking for physical debit card that can be loaded with bitcoin and withdraw in fiat, then i must refer you to xapo.
Other than this, you can get a free virtual bitcoin debit card at coin.ph.
Both cards are verified and works seamlessly anywhere.

Coin.ph domain is parked.

"BUY THIS DOMAIN The owner of coin.ph is offering it for sale for an asking price of 49111 USD"
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 06:11:56 AM

Shift and Xapo need to make the list as one of the best. They don't offer a prepaid card, when you spend on a transaction the bitcoin needed is immediately debited from your wallet, thus you get the exchange rate at the point of sale...i.e., the best possible exchange rate.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:22:04 AM

The only actual problem with Tenx is the fact you need to wait for 2-3 months to get these since there is a huge demand.

Interesting... Guess that rules out the possibility of Tenx for me.

So apart from that, are there any anonymous virtual debit cards that can be topped up using bitcoin, that also works outside of EU? As i've said, i'm forced to not use Wirex anymore since they are not issuing VCCs anymore.

I guess i could just get a preloaded VCC which i can't top up, but that really sucks.

I see some comments above suggested Cryptopay for anonymous account. But I never tried before, maybe you try it and write a review here  Grin
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:28:16 AM

The only actual problem with Tenx is the fact you need to wait for 2-3 months to get these since there is a huge demand.

Interesting... Guess that rules out the possibility of Tenx for me.

So apart from that, are there any anonymous virtual debit cards that can be topped up using bitcoin, that also works outside of EU? As i've said, i'm forced to not use Wirex anymore since they are not issuing VCCs anymore.

I guess i could just get a preloaded VCC which i can't top up, but that really sucks.

I see some comments above suggested Cryptopay for anonymous account. But I never tried before, maybe you try it and write a review here  Grin
Cryptopay has always been the best option so far without disappointments. Easy to get going, fees are great and no limitations most especially for those who are outside the EU environment. I cannot say though if they are the best, but until I see a better alternative, for now, I will still rate them as the number one with the best exchange rate.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:20:06 AM

Have you tried Uphold.com , currently they provide virtual debit cards...

Uphold has some pretty crappy exchange rates or at least when i used them. Plus, their account has pretty low limits for an anonymous user so unless you are able to verify yourself you probably don't want to use them.

Also it's weird they claim that they are running on full reserve but then they don't actually show proof of reserves - you can see the numbers, they add up. But you don't know whether they are lying or not. It's just so weird.

I doubt if there will be a way outside this because of the KYC issue all over the crypto space. Also I doubt if those services will be available for long considering the news about Visa and MasterCard withdrawing their services to crypto currency website whether physical cards or virtual ones. For Xapo, the verification is just too crazy for me and there is even no option as to the limit without verification. I guess we should start looking for ways outside the use of cards for converting to fiat.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:44:14 PM

But what happened with wirex? i used them service and they replied to my answers so fast, because they have a good customer support in the forum.
I have been using their debit card for more than 5 months right now, and i only had 1 issue with them, the money that i loaded to the card got stuck, but they resolved it in only three days.
I saw that bitwala is a good option too, but i am not using them.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:22:58 AM

But what happened with wirex? i used them service and they replied to my answers so fast, because they have a good customer support in the forum.
I have been using their debit card for more than 5 months right now, and i only had 1 issue with them, the money that i loaded to the card got stuck, but they resolved it in only three days.
I saw that bitwala is a good option too, but i am not using them.

Wirex s got TERRIBLE exchange rate, one of the worst rates by far. Definitely NOT recommended unless they change this policy of ripping off their clients.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:13:25 AM

Does anyone know any option which works for Non-EU and outside of US?

Cause ATM, I do not see this.

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:40:47 PM

WageCan Golden Card (they send it globally):
wagecan.com

However, I have my doubts regarding this Bitcoin debit card provider. In another
thread the user "warningssigns" reported that the card has several issues.

Among others:
-162 $ sign-up fee
-2,5 % fee for every ATM withdrawal on top of already existing fees charged by the bank, which provides the ATM
-annual withdrawal limit for ATMs of 25000 $

I can´t find the thread now, but his review was rather negative.
However, as far as I know this is currently the only option for non-EU and outside of the US.
Crypt0Ninja

Activity: 122

Bitcoin Investor & Programmer

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:35:25 PM

I am using SpectroCoin for 3 years and its perfect, never had issues, and features are endless.

Investing in Bitcoin since 2010.
bpovtmg

Activity: 411
Merit: 199

Join the Bitcoin Lightning Revolution (Ask me How)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 01:16:33 AM

Are you honestly using this card or just earning referral fees (https://spectrocoin.com/en/signup.html?referralId=3748413835) ?

More details would be appropriate.

I am using SpectroCoin for 3 years and its perfect, never had issues, and features are endless.

* Join the Bitcoin Lightning Revolution:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5276985
*Visit my Free Bookshop: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274233.0
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:32:16 AM

Remove this hidden referral link from my thread or I will give you a negative trust rating! You re a piece of shit dude.

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:34:51 AM

WageCan Golden Card (they send it globally):
wagecan.com

However, I have my doubts regarding this Bitcoin debit card provider. In another
thread the user "warningssigns" reported that the card has several issues.

Among others:
-162 $ sign-up fee
-2,5 % fee for every ATM withdrawal on top of already existing fees charged by the bank, which provides the ATM
-annual withdrawal limit for ATMs of 25000 $

I can´t find the thread now, but his review was rather negative.
However, as far as I know this is currently the only option for non-EU and outside of the US.

Nope, this one does not work for East Europe. So "sending globally" is just a commercial. Still, thx for suggestion.

GoodOne

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:33:08 PM

Among others:
-162 $ sign-up fee

$162 sign-up fee?!
Are you serious?

@CrazyIvan did you try Yandex?
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:44:14 AM

Among others:
-162 $ sign-up fee

$162 sign-up fee?!
Are you serious?

Unfortunately, I´m not joking. The 162 sign-up fee actually is already a discount from the original
sign-up fee of 180 $. I concede that this is quite the money grab and much higher than at every other
debit card provider (e.g. Bitwala has a 8 € sign-up fee).
crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:39:20 PM

Among others:
-162 $ sign-up fee

$162 sign-up fee?!
Are you serious?

No, I think I ll wait a few more weeks to see what Tenx is going to come up with. They stated they ll start shipping non EU cards by the end of November.

crazyivan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:03:51 AM

Tenx confirmed new global cards provider, still not ETA yet.

Winstar78

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:06:14 AM

I've used a wirex card in the last 2 weeks and its exchange rates are ridiculous. They give me less euros for bitcoin than the worst exchange rate in any moment. That's a pity because for all the rest is great, very fast in loading and flawless for ATM and Payments. And I can decide how many btc convert just one minute before the use (that's not possible with advcash, that I also have).
Does the bitwala have this feature? Or do you have to load an amount of btc suddenly converted in euros/dollars?

Another question, you talk of wirex anonimity, but without verification limits of the card are ridicolous (i.e. 200 euros for card lifetime) how can this be useful?
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:25:34 AM

I am currently using the Shift Card and it has the best exchange rate that I have ever seen for a Bitcoin debit card. This is mostly due to the fact that they work on top of Coinbase, and GDAX, which is where the Coinbase exchange rate comes from, for some reason happen to have a higher exchange rate than other exchanges. Furthermore, neither Shift nor Coinbase (I assume they are the same company) take any fees from transactions. The only fee I have had to incur since I decided to give them a try was the $10 issuance fee for the card itself. On the negative side, however, Coinbase's reputation has been going down lately, especially after the huge ordeal about the insider trading with Bitcoin Cash, which while not proven is very likely. I have personally been treated well by them, but do keep that incident in mind.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: