Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:03:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner with a lot of questions.  (Read 255 times)
KnowPeace (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:46:46 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post all my questions.

First off I just want to say I'm extremely new to crypto. And right now my main questions are:

Best way to move coins from Coinbase to Trezor. I want to do this with as little transaction fees as possible. I assume just moving the coins straight out of coinbase to my trezor is the cheapest method so that I don't pay fees twice?

Best desktop wallet to use on Mac and Best mobile iOS wallet? I'm having some trouble deciding which desktop wallet paired with a mobile wallet is best. I want to be able to control my fees as I realize people are starting to get confirmed transactions for very little, this custom fee feature is a must have. Seems like for desktops a full node type wallet is desirable. Are there some good arguments to use another type of wallet? For iOS it doesn't seem like a lot of options are available? When a mobile wallet says "This means that this wallet allows changing the fees after funds are sent using RBF or CPFP." what is RBF or CPFP?

And lastly when do I want to use stop vs limit buy/sell on GDAX? I keep reading and I get that being a maker essentially means creating the market, that is buying or selling at a price other than market? So if I want to sell at above market price because I think bitcoin is rising do I make a limit or a stop sell? same with buying. Do I limit or stop buy if I want a lower than market price? Basically I want to know how to always try and be a maker so I don't pay taker fees...

again I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to post, this is my first post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StockBet.com

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 01:54:59 PM

I'm probably one of the few people who is not a fan of hardware wallets like Trezor.  I cannot be convinced that a rogue employee at the manufacturer has not implanted nefarious code into the firmware.

I can recommend Electrum (for Mac or Windows) as it provides a code-storage, offline option.  It has been open sourced for many years.  But it does not have a iOS version.  Even if it did, all mobile wallets are the least secure because phones are so insecure.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:01:26 PM

To send your coins from Coinbase to Trezor, just send them to your Trezor address. I don't see where the problem here is.

The fees will be whatever Coinbase is charging + I guess depending on the state of the mempool (if it's being flooded by Roger Ver and Bitmain or not, in the past hours it was it's pretty cheap to send transactions. You can see it here live:

https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/

The best wallet is always a full node (Bitcoin Core node at: www.bitcoin.org)

If you don't want to download the blockchain, get Electrum.
KnowPeace (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:07:35 PM

I'm probably one of the few people who is not a fan of hardware wallets like Trezor.  I cannot be convinced that a rogue employee at the manufacturer has not implanted nefarious code into the firmware.

I can recommend Electrum (for Mac or Windows) as it provides a code-storage, offline option.  It has been open sourced for many years.  But it does not have a iOS version.  Even if it did, all mobile wallets are the least secure because phones are so insecure.

Thanks!
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:40:26 PM

Thanks!

If I may add about Electrum, its really the best wallet I have used for far. Very lightweight, user friendly and you can change the fee's dynamically. And you can recover you wallet from a secret seed and of course you have control of your private keys. And you can also export your private keys as well. I also never experienced downtimes although lately I'm experiencing synchronization issue but I guess the problem is on my end. And as mentioned above, its open-source and I think most of the members here would agree that it is one of the best wallet.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
chesegrinder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:44:55 PM

full node wallet is the best option. im my opinion i am not a fun of mobile wallet i prepared to use online wallet as i alwasy bring my laptop on my job. I dont see any high transaction fee when moving your coin from coinbase to trezor. i also recommend Electrum wallet as it is been open source and it gives you access offline easy to use in mac and windows

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: