Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:15:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner Openday Wednesday 5th & Monday 10th June  (Read 91298 times)
phr33

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:43:17 AM

How do you learn your math? 6 chip in each pcb and they are 4 pcb = 24 FPGA Chip, how did you get 48 FPGA Chip.? or you have visual problems, maybe you need your glasses..

Haha! True, oh so true! But then from the first picture published its obvious that Mars is comprised of two such modules.

Anyway. Until KNC comes with a statement that indeed they cut the number of chips in half but still keep the same price, why start speculating?

Have a nice day! Smiley

My BTC input: 1GAtPwoTGPQ35y9QugJueum5GzaEzLYjiQ
My GPG ID: B0CCFD4A
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChipGeek

Activity: 198

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:48:30 AM

It's a PROTOTYPE with HALF the number of modules of the FULL PRODUCT. 

Tip jar: 1ChipGeeK7PDxaAWG4VgsTi31SfJ6peKHw
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:59:07 AM

This is what sam told me

I asked
if we are say, the 10th person to order Mars, does that reserve the 10th spot in order for Jupiter?
Sam answered:
If the 10th Mars to leave the building is yours that will mean the 10th Jupiter to leave the building will also be yours (assuming you upgrade within 30 days)

Buying a Mars = Gets you a position in Jupiter

Not buying a mars = you wait until Mars orders get their Jupiter's

Seems to me this is by far the most fair way to do it.

That smells like BS to me.

What if I don't want a Mars? I have to wait behind 1000 people who bought one. Lets face it you would only buy one to get the jump on an asic. If you wanted an FPGA there are a few places you can get one and be running next week.

So we have to take a punt on a mars and hope that eventually, fingers crossed we get a Jupiter. That's bollocks. Not only that, they seem pretty vague on the discount. It says UP TO $2000 not $2000 so how many mars units do I have to buy to get the full $2k discount?

I think we're being led around by the nose here. They never said anything to me about buying a Mars in order to get in the asic queue. When I emailed them yesterday they said this:

"We have your registrations and if the orders are paid for when we open up for payment we don’t see why you can’t be included in the first set of boxes to ship"

Now you're telling me I have to buy an FPGA, before I get in on the first batch. Really? I can get one on ebay thanks. Good luck to anyone buying one of these things.

I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night.

These aren't mutually exclusive, the first 500 units are the first shipment.

If you're not willing to put money up front, why the fuck should you go infront of people who are?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 05:29:40 AM

Picture of their Mars prototype on the knc homepage. Er, seems to only have 24 fpga's in it though....

Looks like this is only one of two Mars miner modules. Check this: https://www.kncminer.com/products/mars

This is scary: https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners

Our custom design Bitcoin ACIS miners will be available for pre orders soon.

And this: http://web.archive.org/web/20120626032905/http://linusu.se/

Linus Unnebäck har inte gjort opencore.org men han har däremot gjort opencores.org

Translated:

Linus Unnebäck have not done opencore.org but he has however done opencores.org

The site itself is in pretty damn good English, yet he messed up with his mother tongue.
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:43:36 AM

kevcoins, look at this https://www.kncminer.com/products/mars --they are 2-modules miners

They don't even bother with a full fledged Mars FPGA Miner to show us, but instead do a half cut for us to see? They can't even get right with an FPGA how on earth to get right with an Asic? Are they trying to Save costs and really need our money to finance their project's??
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:08:28 AM

And this: http://web.archive.org/web/20120626032905/http://linusu.se/

Linus Unnebäck har inte gjort opencore.org men han har däremot gjort opencores.org

Translated:

Linus Unnebäck have not done opencore.org but he has however done opencores.org

The site itself is in pretty damn good English, yet he messed up with his mother tongue.

Dude, opencores.org is most certainly ORSoC.

They are advertising KnCminer via a banner on their Opencores.org homepage. The banner advertises the future ASIC miners.

Everything within Opencores.org and KnC is laid out in the same two tone blue colour scheme.

http://opencores.org/

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
kncminer (OP)

Activity: 79

Bringing new ASIC miners to life

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 06:25:36 AM

Hi all

Ok let me try and clear up some confusion,

1, Mars photo.
 The picture is indeed half of a Mars device so you can see inside. If I published a photo of the full device all you would see was a 240mm fan, it would be worth less as a photo. The full device has 48 chips in. I will post more photos of the full 48 chips later and it will appear in the video as 48 chips. The people attending the open day will be able to see all 48 chips working etc etc.

2, Queue position.
  You do not have to buy a Mars to ensure that you get a Jupiter in the first few days. Our current pre order queue is sequential including all devices. So all queue positions are unique. The example I gave in the email reply was that if you have position 10 for Mars we hold position 10 open in the Jupiter queue for 30 days.  This is where its possibly my fault, I failed to mention in my reply to that email that if someone simply ordered Jupiter in front of you they have position 9 (since all pre order queue numbers are unique) That will mean they get the devices they ordered before the person upgrading who had position 10.

I hope this makes those two points clear.

Sam

Best regards

Kncminer

kncminer.com
xgtele

Activity: 288

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:29:08 AM

knminer, yeah, keep us informed!
kevcoins

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:42:25 AM

after the queue we need to pay and this is the most risky part. what guarantee do you have that it will be delivered in September 2013? what make you so sure you will not end up liked butterfly? You are not showing Jupiter or Saturn Asic Mining hardware prototype, but expect us to make payment? Mars FPGA Prototype is for Mars FPGA Mining sales, not for Jupiter or Saturn because this are ASIC Devices and you even claim of a 28nm asic chip.
kncminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 06:57:54 AM

after the queue we need to pay and this is the most risky part. what guarantee do you have that it will be delivered in September 2013? what make you so sure you will not end up liked butterfly? You are not showing Jupiter or Saturn Asic Mining hardware prototype, but expect us to make payment? Mars FPGA Prototype is for Mars FPGA Mining sales, not for Jupiter or Saturn because this are ASIC Devices and you even claim of a 28nm asic chip.

The main reason we can maintain our deadlines is that we are using ORSoC who have been producing devices based on FPGA's and various types of ASIC's for over 10 years. our main competition are new to FPGA and ASIC devices, ORSoC are not new. we specifically chose them as a partner so we don't suffer the same issues that have plagued our competitors.

Having said that, if you want to wait to pay until after you have seen a fully working prototype of Jupiter you are more than welcome to do so.

Sam 

Best regards

Kncminer

kncminer.com
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:05:14 AM

The main reason we can maintain our deadlines is that we are using ORSoC who have been producing devices based on FPGA's and various types of ASIC's for over 10 years. our main competition are new to FPGA and ASIC devices, ORSoC are not new. we specifically chose them as a partner so we don't suffer the same issues that have plagued our competitors.

Having said that, if you want to wait to pay until after you have seen a fully working prototype of Jupiter you are more than welcome to do so.

Sam 

Thanks for the replies. Could you please let us know under what terms and conditions will the customers be preordering?

What about refund policy?

Do we have any guarantee on the deliver date? With guarantee I mean that if the units arrive later than. 15th October (for the first 500) you refund 50% of the preorder amount.

kevcoins

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:15:51 AM

Sam  

Thanks for the replies. Could you please let us know under what terms and conditions will the customers be preordering?

Do we have any guarantee on the deliver date? With guarantee I mean that if the units arrive later than. 15th October (for the first 500) you refund 50% of the preorder amount.

Yes we definitely need money back guarantee and refund. September 30th is the deadline for product completion and shipping. Anytime later, buyers can choose for a new agreeable date or a FULL refund. Yifu has mentioned that he really can't see anyone producing a 2rd generation/28nm at this point in time 2013 and he stated that end of 2014 he will have the new gen chip, I hope he knows what he is talking? We need buyers protection and not end up like butterflies. Wink
kncminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 07:28:30 AM

Sam  

Yes we definitely need money back guarantee and refund. September 30th is the deadline for product completion and shipping. Anytime later, buyers can choose for a new agreeable date or a FULL refund. Yifu has mentioned that he really can't see anyone producing a 2rd generation/28nm at this point in time 2013 and he stated that end of 2014 he will have the new gen chip, I hope he knows what he is talking? We need buyers protection and not end up like butterflies. Wink

We see no reason why it cant work like that, the only addition I will add is that the refund will be 100% with the order cancelled, We wont be offering a discount/refund and still shipping you the boxes. Refunds are offered up to the day of shipment of your order.

Above all else we will be fair.

Sam

Best regards

Kncminer

kncminer.com
Fishbones

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:44:38 AM

And to clear the VAT issue ....

DO the prices on your site INCLUDE vat @ 25% ?
kevcoins

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:54:43 AM

Sam  

We see no reason why it cant work like that, the only addition I will add is that the refund will be 100% with the order cancelled, We wont be offering a discount/refund and still shipping you the boxes. Refunds are offered up to the day of shipment of your order.

Above all else we will be fair.

Sam

We need this protection because Butterfly took our money since June 2012, many of us order the single 60gh/s miner and none received them, except for some developers and they are still shipping drip by drip of the butterfly 5gh/s Jalapeno from last June 2012 order. I suggest if you can be 100% confident that you can shipped in 4 weeks to 5 weeks after collecting payments many of us will do the order. The problem is the waiting period that everyone is so concern and worry. The best way to proceed is always show your working and functioning Jupiter and Saturn prototype asic miner and later on in about 5 weeks later you will delivered to them the ASIC MIner as promised. This make everyone happy. No body want to wait 4 to 5 months with all the money tie up at your end because they know they can get some avalon chips in 8 weeks and another week to assemble and they you go a working asic miner. We can guarantee if you could provide this kind of service your business will be good. Smiley
kncminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 08:13:17 AM

No they don't include any taxes, We are not aiming our site at consumers at all. We are not advertising our prices in any consumer press etc.

We are selling professional devices to professional miners.

Best regards

Kncminer

kncminer.com
Fishbones

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:23:40 AM

No they don't include any taxes, We are not aiming our site at consumers at all. We are not advertising our prices in any consumer press etc.

OK. Thats clear. All consumers please leave the room.  Cheesy

Just out of curiosity, how many of your so called pre-orders are "Professional Miners"?

Good luck with your business.

Cheers.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:50:58 AM

AFAIK there is nothing stating what you just said on the website.

Corollary to this, how do you differentiate the pros from the non-pros? Will it impact the warranty length? (i.e 1 or 2 years minimum?)
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:56:41 AM

Jut like that the price went up with 25%
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:05:53 AM

Jut like that the price went up with 25%

You can deduce the VAT if you are registered.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: