Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:44:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner Openday Wednesday 5th & Monday 10th June  (Read 91298 times)
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:36:59 PM

Hi All

OK so we are ready for the open day. I know you have all been waiting but we wanted to make sure everything was 100% ready and today I can confirm it is.

Because we have had so much interest we are actually going to do 4 sessions. Two on Wednesday 5th, one at 10:00am and one at 2:00pm. Then two more on Monday 10th at 10:00am and 2:00pm

They will all be the same in content and you can meet us and ask any questions you like. We will demo the Mars mining rig with all 8 blades hashing away to the public pools.

It will be held at ORSoC's Stockholm office

ORSoC
Regeringsgatan 111
111 39 Stockholm, Sweden

We will send this out in a newsletter on Monday to catch the people who wont have a chance to read this post.

Thanks
Sam

Great to know the live demo of the Mars FPGA Miner is finally here. Those of you going to attend the open house, please asked
the many questions you may have to clear your doubts. Take photo and videos please. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:29:55 PM

Hi All

OK so we are ready for the open day. I know you have all been waiting but we wanted to make sure everything was 100% ready and today I can confirm it is.

Because we have had so much interest we are actually going to do 4 sessions. Two on Wednesday 5th, one at 10:00am and one at 2:00pm. Then two more on Monday 10th at 10:00am and 2:00pm

They will all be the same in content and you can meet us and ask any questions you like. We will demo the Mars mining rig with all 8 blades hashing away to the public pools.

It will be held at ORSoC's Stockholm office

ORSoC
Regeringsgatan 111
111 39 Stockholm, Sweden

We will send this out in a newsletter on Monday to catch the people who wont have a chance to read this post.

Thanks
Sam

The sound of PG's head exploding.  Grin

Written by another Date-Registered-on-April-8-2013-GUY?

Makes me want to YouTube Brothers-in-Arms.

I see you have found a new thread to pollute with your "wisdom" ..
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:50:54 PM

So order books are supposed to open after we have a chance to see the MARS, will that be after the 5th or after monday 10th so that people that go to the open session the 10th will still have 7 days to pay?

Also the 7 day window are natural days or business days? a SEPA transfer can take up to 4 days if a weekend is in between so that means only 48h to pay when order books open to ensure my money arrives in time.

Thanks

You can always send it express, takes max 1 day then. It should cost about 6EUR (I think the price is regulated). It's a one way ticket for your money though, no payment reversal/shopper protection/whatnot.
Kernel32

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

If you can't do something smart,do something right

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:37:36 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 09:54:37 AM by Kernel32

Stop wasting time of people actually trying to find relevant info by consistent OT spamming and stupid jokes. Nobody is interested.

You mean like this, Date-Registered-on-April-8-2013-GUY?

The renderings look fantastic. I like the power threeway. It seems Burnin deserves a new belt.

Why the do you care when I created my bitcointalk account? That's none of your business.

My informative joke up there you mentioned, let know others that the board has three ways of powering. Not everyone recognizes that on the renderings.

^ That is INFORMATION put in a funny way.

I had to s.t.r.a.i.n. to get it, but I got it, assuming it's in ref. to a Michael Crichton novel. Well played!
^ NOBODY CARES! This is thread about KnCMiner Openday.

Penisus, your OT and jokes are not funny or informative. Just spam. Lots of it.

Do everyone a big favour and make sure your posts are relevant before you put them in popular threads.

1FqMyFU9CH3WST6oRsw6ZjJNZ5ScXANzqi
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 10:40:06 PM

Only Mars (FPGA)? This is not a guarantee. BFL had FPG last year but still has no ASIC> 5 (7) GH / s. Strong evidence quickly achievable production may be only a working prototype ASIC.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:03:20 PM

I'm interested in join the Wedenesday 5th 14:00 session, and if possible want to have a glance at their Altera design file. I'm not a FPGA expert, but I think I can recognize some bitcoin mining related codes

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:28:50 PM

I hope someone attending the open house gets clarification about the queue position for those who do and don't order the Mars product regarding future products. Also it would be nice if kncminer would keep us posted on which of our paid pre-order are within the first 500.
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:22:50 AM

Well, I am sure the early group will come back with the information we need .. would be great if they could ask about the prototype for the Jupiter and Saturn Asic Miner. At the same time ask about the partial  payments arrangement by credit cards and others partial payments and full payment 1 week  before deliveries, like butterfly and some others are doing.
KS

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:05:48 AM

I hope someone attending the open house gets clarification about the queue position for those who do and don't order the Mars product regarding future products. Also it would be nice if kncminer would keep us posted on which of our paid pre-order are within the first 500.

There is a huge list of questions in the original KNCMINER thread. It hasn't really been addressed so far, but maybe you could add your questions to it. It is supposed to be presented to the KnC ppl at the openday.
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:14:30 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 10:36:14 AM by titomane

Each day that passes I have more doubts.

A few days ago I make a purchase order 3 jupiter. But I find it hard to pay 100% in advance.
500 Mars x $ 2,795.00 $ 1,397,500.00
500 Jup  x  $ 6,995.00 $ 3,497,500.00

Sum nearly 5 million. To make the project and the first delivery will not need that much money.

If for example the 500 buyers of mars as it is more than likely after paying $ 2,800 for a FPGA want to buy jupiter.
Many users will buy directly Jupiter.
In that position mars buyers receive if Jupiter 500 purchases made ​​before.
If I have the order 55 of Jupiter and the other the 55th of Mars who receives the Jupiter in the position 55 of the first batch.

Kncminer I'm visiting this week, but I have very many questions.

Sorry my english

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:53:25 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 12:15:34 PM by Bitcoinorama

There is a huge list of questions in the original KNCMINER thread. It hasn't really been addressed so far, but maybe you could add your questions to it. It is supposed to be presented to the KnC ppl at the openday.

NOTE: Edited (had originally mentioned the wrong guy, sorry!)

TOSKU    DAGGETEO

This is the guy that's attending and responsible for the list of questions.

Mail him direct with any you wish to add;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=57464

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=102504

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
tosku

Activity: 367

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:05:14 PM

TOSKU

Nope. I'm not attending, and I have never had anything to do with a list of questions. You must have me confused with someone else.

I once offered to go, take pictures and ask questions (of my own), if someone paid for my expenses (I don't live in Stockholm). However, as I'm not planning to buy any new mining equipment, and it seems there will be plenty of other people going, there's no reason for me to attend.

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:13:21 PM

TOSKU

Nope. I'm not attending, and I have never had anything to do with a list of questions. You must have me confused with someone else.

I once offered to go, take pictures and ask questions (of my own), if someone paid for my expenses (I don't live in Stockholm). However, as I'm not planning to buy any new mining equipment, and it seems there will be plenty of other people going, there's no reason for me to attend.

Sorry I meant;

DAGGETEO

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=102504

megvon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:25:43 PM

A few days ago I make a purchase order 3 jupiter. But I find it hard to pay 100% in advance.

Sum nearly 5 million. To make the project and the first delivery will not need that much money.

If for example the 500 buyers of mars as it is more than likely after paying $ 2,800 for a FPGA want to buy jupiter.
If I have the order 55 of Jupiter and the other the 55th of Mars who receives the Jupiter in the position 55 of the first batch.

Sorry my english

Surely is safer and better if we could make partial payment or pay only in August 2013 when the Jupiter and Saturn are about
to be assemble and shipped. I am certain knc can help out so that their product can spread out to more users or buyers.
titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:40:44 PM

Sorry my english

Surely is safer and better if we could make partial payment or pay only in August 2013 when the Jupiter and Saturn are about
to be assemble and shipped. I am certain knc can help out so that their product can spread out to more users or buyers.

Clearly I have to send more than $ 20,000 in advance is very risk.
ORSoc I trust is a company that has worked with FPGA and ASIC for years.
But the total cost of the project and the manufacture of the first batch. Is not greater than  $ 1,000,000.
KNCminer If the intention is to make a name in this business. They should not accept more than cost price on preorders.
Why do we pay your benefits in advance?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 05:19:59 PM

Stop wasting time of people actually trying to find relevant info by consistent OT spamming and stupid jokes. Nobody is interested.

You mean like this, Date-Registered-on-April-8-2013-GUY?

The renderings look fantastic. I like the power threeway. It seems Burnin deserves a new belt.

Why the do you care when I created my bitcointalk account? That's none of your business.

My informative joke up there you mentioned, let know others that the board has three ways of powering. Not everyone recognizes that on the renderings.

^ That is INFORMATION put in a funny way.

I had to s.t.r.a.i.n. to get it, but I got it, assuming it's in ref. to a Michael Crichton novel. Well played!
^ NOBODY CARES! This is thread about KnCMiner Openday.

Penisus, your OT and jokes are not funny or informative. Just spam. Lots of it.

Do everyone a big favour and make sure your posts are relevant before you put them in popular threads.

What's sad is that you're serious! Has it occurred to you as to why a KNC thread may be popular? Probably not, so I'll explain it to you very slowly.

When KNC arrived on the scene, there were a slew of other ASIC companies trying to scam the community. They're all gone now, leaving only KNC. The mega posts on KNC's threads is contributed to a myriad of those that's been trying to ferret out the truth.

Now, think about the the post you quoted. I was pointing out that even though you wanted the funny to stop, you yourself have resorted to the same practice you're claiming to want me to stop doing.

Here's some another sad fact: Conning people is not FUNNY!

It's amazing that you're taking the time to stick it up the ass of the person who is trying to help you.
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:44:07 PM

Sorry my english

Clearly I have to send more than $ 20,000 in advance is very risk.
ORSoc I trust is a company that has worked with FPGA and ASIC for years.
But the total cost of the project and the manufacture of the first batch. Is not greater than  $ 1,000,000.
KNCminer If the intention is to make a name in this business. They should not accept more than cost price on preorders.
Why do we pay your benefits in advance?

Couldn't agreed more Smiley a small commitment fee would also be great. if someone don't pay in full before the miner is shipped out
the commitment fee is forfeited and the Miner won't be send instead open to the one next in queue.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:05:02 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 06:17:08 PM by Bitcoinorama

What's sad is that you're serious! Has it occurred to you as to why a KNC thread may be popular? Probably not, so I'll explain it to you very slowly.

When KNC arrived on the scene, there were a slew of other ASIC companies trying to scam the community. They're all gone now, leaving only KNC. The mega posts on KNC's threads is contributed to a myriad of those that's been trying to ferret out the truth.

Now, think about the the post you quoted. I was pointing out that even though you wanted the funny to stop, you yourself have resorted to the same practice you're claiming to want me to stop doing.

Here's some another sad fact: Conning people is not FUNNY!

It's amazing that you're taking the time to stick it up the ass of the person who is trying to help you.

Phin, with all due respect, kindly, I appreciate you're intentions are probably sincere, but the onslaught if scams has not decreased, the demands of the potential buyers for security, has however, justifiably increased.

Today, in the past 24 hours alone there have been 4-5 more potential scams. A laughable attempt from theasics.com, some shady Russian Bitfury group buys and BFL's own bulk chip scam that no one wants to seriously group buy, largely because their quality control is lacking, chips unstable and people trust the group buy organisers over the company responsible in producing the chips.

KnC's thread has so much conversation because they appear to be moving in the right direction, been true to their word (so far), and partnered with a respectable company, ORSoC, with a decades experience in developing both FPGAs, ASICs, and their respective control boards, as well as the largest open source integrated circuit website and forum, opencores.org, of which three that head that company are directors and share liability with Andreas Kennemar and Sam Cole, who are also IT engineering literate professionally with years of experience in financial institutions. They have also taken aboard suggestions and where possible so far, obliged them, including meeting in person, demonstrating prototypes and being generally good sports answering emails fairly, which is expected.

Their final hurdle in requesting prepayment is the choice of payment method and the buyer protection it offers. If they want to scam, they can scam the credit card companies (Visa & MC) as far as I'm concerned. I'm happy to be passed the additional commission for that to take place.

It's not that we don't see you trying to help, it's just that your research is so slapdash and you often jump upon something labelling it gospel, without thinking it through.

No one should make excuses for KnC, they are big boys now, and they are the one's that have to prove themselves sincere. The fact is, as far as I can see they are trying to do that, and not trying to repeat the mistakes of other companies.

Let's give them that chance to state their intention. Personally I think reselling pre-orders is messy, but they want to have control over that.  If they do I feel they should wait until funds from pre-orders are received, and they should charge a commission relevant to time required and to discourage multiple name changes...and probably to hire someone else to deal with it....

Just my 2μBTC

Also for what it's worth KnC are advertising on the opencores.org homepage now, obviously free advertising, but it's further statement of ORSoC affiliation.

KS

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:14:44 PM

entering reality warp zone in 3...2...1....
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:17:31 PM

entering reality warp zone in 3...2...1....

Being what oh guru...?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: