Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner Openday Wednesday 5th & Monday 10th June  (Read 91298 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:41:48 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 12:57:53 PM by Bitcoinorama

Lot's of BS quotes removed.

That's because your information is erroneous and you're trying too hard to find a negative slant. Wink

Is it? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212031.msg2340348#msg2340348

I don't know Marto74, whoever he is may well be a swell honest guy. I have no problem with him. Has he undergone the scrutiny of KnC and ORSoC? Definitely not.

The issue is KS, everything, every post of yours here has a negative slant. So much effort for something you apparently have no interest in yourself.

I'm all up for an open debate on whether KnC are reliable, can deliver, or whether they were likely to be a fraudulent wannabe company (the latter has been proven not the case), if it is useful to those investing or wanting to invest, but you're so manevelant with your every post you intentions are questionable to say the least.

Yes there is risk of delivering on time, yes there is as far as we know little financial risk or that of equity on their part, so f***ing what?! Any company in this position of any degree of intelligence would do the same to cover their ass, and you damn well know it. Why take unnecessary risk?!

You contributed some worthwhile questions to Daggeteo originally, some were answered before the openday, yet you came up with many more. I asked you to PM them, more than once, you didn't, yet you still criticise. No answer they give, or decision they make is good enough for you, yet you're so blaze when it comes to other mining hardware investment options.

You still have plenty more questions, I have asked you to PM me, more than once, as I'm attending this Monday (unlike you I commit my word in actions), yet I've received no PM from you with further questions whatsoever.

Anyway offer is still there, so do something productive for everyone, instead of airing your dirty laundry, and give me some questions to ask. I'm sure you won't be happy with the answers, but I do have some admiration for your determination, occasionally something worthwhile is mentioned, just make sure you do that before tomorrow night in a PM, right? So I can have them printed off and ready.

With respect to the member that requested we stop derailing this thread (not hard as any question to you is deflected), please if you want to continue this, do so off thread in a PM for everyone else's sanity.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 12:54:19 PM

Sorry I wasn't mad at you, im mad at them for showing you a off the shelf cpu cooler after you spent time and money visiting them.

daggeteo

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:05:42 PM

Most of the people who visited open-day weren't tech savy or have any experience with ASIC/FPGA so you can't really blame them. I'm just glad they even posted information/photos here. I'm pretty sure the reason they went was because mostly they just wanted to confirm for themselves if the company behind them were legit/real or not.

If I had gone, you would've seen live updates, videos, heaps of photos of everyone/all the parts/demos etc. I would've asked the hard questions.

But I'm from Australia. Sweden is a long way away.

Hehe want to be skype'd in? I'm sure that could be arranged Smiley
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:11:04 PM

Most of the people who visited open-day weren't tech savy or have any experience with ASIC/FPGA so you can't really blame them. I'm just glad they even posted information/photos here. I'm pretty sure the reason they went was because mostly they just wanted to confirm for themselves if the company behind them were legit/real or not.

If I had gone, you would've seen live updates, videos, heaps of photos of everyone/all the parts/demos etc. I would've asked the hard questions.

But I'm from Australia. Sweden is a long way away.

Plasmoske, I'm attending Monday. PM me any questions and/or requests and I will endeavour to do my best. Wink

Esp, any technical q's or specific parts you want pictured...video might be fun, but I haven't uploaded any before...

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:17:38 PM

Plasmoske, I'm attending Monday. PM me any questions and/or requests and I will endeavour to do my best. Wink

Esp, any technical q's or specific parts you want pictured...video might be fun, but I haven't uploaded any before...

Don't really have any tech q's at the moment. I kinda have to be there to be asking questions. Like as to what I'm seeing/being shown or as to what they are saying.

Tell you what would be good though. A Google Hangout session on open-day.
Anyone with a Google+ account can just view in and see what's happening. Or any livestream would be great.

As above, I'll have an iPhone, maybe an iPad, so Skype is def feasible. Haven't signed up for Google+ yet, may not now they've just been caught and confirmed as spying on behalf of the US Gov these past few years...not that I have anything to hide, but privacy is privacy!

Perhaps Daggeteo can oblige?

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 01:20:07 PM

Yeah tech people should confirm that chip isn't a 90s Intel cpu with a modern cooler.

retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:22:08 PM

Would've been very stupid wasting time on mars.

The point is they couldn't get one out on time. It doesn't bode well for several thousand asics.

But I no expert so could someone who is answer a few questions.

What was their involvement with the Mars?
Did they design the Chips or buy them off the shelf?
They seemed to imply they were Altera chips. Did they design them for Altera?
If they did not design the chips, how is the Mars prototype relevant to the asic designs?
Did they design and fab the PCB?
Is the software they developed for the Mars, directly applicable to the asics?

The under promise, over deliver remark is a little too vague. What problems did they actually run into?
Have these been solved?
Do they translate/ have any bearing on the asic design?
Did they learn anything significant from these issues?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:32:51 PM

Would've been very stupid wasting time on mars.

The point is they couldn't get one out on time. It doesn't bode well for several thousand asics.

But I no expert so could someone who is answer a few questions.

What was their involvement with the Mars?
Did they design the Chips or buy them off the shelf?
They seemed to imply they were Altera chips. Did they design them for Altera?
If they did not design the chips, how is the Mars prototype relevant to the asic designs?
Did they design and fab the PCB?
Is the software they developed for the Mars, directly applicable to the asics?

The under promise, over deliver remark is a little too vague. What problems did they actually run into?
Have these been solved?
Do they translate/ have any bearing on the asic design?
Did they learn anything significant from these issues?

These are good questions.  It seems they are happy with how Mars turned out so knowing more about Mars will explain what we get in Saturn and Jupiter

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:34:52 PM

Don't really have any tech q's at the moment. I kinda have to be there to be asking questions. Like as to what I'm seeing/being shown or as to what they are saying.

Tell you what would be good though. A Google Hangout session on open-day.
Anyone with a Google+ account can just view in and see what's happening. Or any livestream would be great.

I'm not a big fan of livestreaming.  It usually just turns into small talk babble to fill time.  There is a reason for editors and live streaming shows why

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
retro72

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:50:50 PM

A couple of others I just thought of.

They seem to be significantly cheaper than all the other options out there. Is this because:
A) the others are profiteering? (Avalon seem to be)
B)Their chip costs will be significantly cheaper after the initial upfront costs, therefore they can pass these savings on?

Will their prices be fixed, or will they follow the trends in the BTC price/ROI?
Will they be raised after this initial pre-order period or are these the final RRP?

I can put these in a PM if people think they relevant.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:54:26 PM

A couple of others I just thought of.

They seem to be significantly cheaper than all the other options out there. Is this because:
A) the others are profiteering? (Avalon seem to be)
B)Their chip costs will be significantly cheaper after the initial upfront costs, therefore they can pass these savings on?

Will their prices be fixed, or will they follow the trends in the BTC price/ROI?
Will they be raised after this initial pre-order period or are these the final RRP?

I can put these in a PM if people think they relevant.

Retro72 please pm me any by tomo for Mon.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 01:54:47 PM

Asics cost cents after r&d and mask

retro72

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:58:33 PM

Yes that's what I thought. I hope they don't jack up the price like Avalon did when the BTC price sky rocketed.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:06:06 PM

I'd ask the attendees on Monday to start to get some questions tied to dates on the calendar.  Such as: When will chips be ordered to meet September deadline?  How long will is the queue from the manufacturer once the chips are order (ie: 8-10 weeks?)  If 8-10 week lead time needed to get in queue from manufacturer what date will KNC be placing order?  Etc...

It would benefit us as pre-order "investors" to have dates of the process on the calendar so we can hold the company to their word.  This sets up check points we can all look to along the next 3 months.  Otherwise we're at the mercy of News updates and a lot of times those come in reaction to criticism (lack of updates) from the community versus anything else.

We need to be proactive versus reactive in this pre-order process.  We're trusting our coins to someone for 3 months.
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:11:34 PM

...but if we keep seeing this "arms race", together with the fast pace of silicon production, the risk is a "permanent" r&d and mask, paid mostly by miners' preorders =)

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:50:13 PM

I'd ask the attendees on Monday to start to get some questions tied to dates on the calendar.  Such as: When will chips be ordered to meet September deadline?  How long will is the queue from the manufacturer once the chips are order (ie: 8-10 weeks?)  If 8-10 week lead time needed to get in queue from manufacturer what date will KNC be placing order?  Etc...

It would benefit us as pre-order "investors" to have dates of the process on the calendar so we can hold the company to their word.  This sets up check points we can all look to along the next 3 months.  Otherwise we're at the mercy of News updates and a lot of times those come in reaction to criticism (lack of updates) from the community versus anything else.

We need to be proactive versus reactive in this pre-order process.  We're trusting our coins to someone for 3 months.

If you want it asked PM it to me by tomo, I don't want to have to trawl through the thread.

DPoS

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:56:25 PM

should they expect to be woken up from sleep in the middle of the night like Yufi for an update 3 months from now?

then promptly tell us to go hug our mothers?

titomane

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:00:41 PM

Currently KNC is the best option for European miners.

erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:09:34 PM

At the present, they are far and away the most professional.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
KSV

Activity: 398

SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 03:17:13 PM

these guys are definitely the best option for scandinavian miners.

Trade Bitcoins @ FYB-SE ---> https://www.fybse.se
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: