Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:43:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner Openday Wednesday 5th & Monday 10th June  (Read 91298 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:34:43 PM

Yes, it's true...we were abducted!!

Unsurprisingly none of us paid the random to the group of hot blondes so they were reluctant to let us go, as were we!

Seriously though, I was there for the best part of 5 hours and the others were there earlier than me.

So I now have some accomodation and have some wifi as I'm in a bar and hell no I'm by even going to start typing a report up on an iPhone!

That said, they were all consumate professionals and total geeks. To put you all out of your misery I cannot see any of the other companies having access to the level of knowledge these guys can tap into. ORSoC are a bunch of very smart cookies and btw Mars is 5.1 Gh/s stock, and was running at 6.8 Gh/s today after some additional tweaking...oh and that's stable at 6.8gh/s much to Daggeto's delight, as it was his wallet this was proven to...

I asked every question sent to me, regardless of whether we had discussed it as I wanted to ensure you all had the answers you wanted. I also expanded on then where necessary. I now regret this as it's going to be a total ball-ache to type up. Almost certainly a two day ball ache, which is like 10 years in bitcointalk forum time, so sit tight I'm afraid.

Long and short these guys are the real deal. Sam and Andreas are v.professional and have handled a mountain of administration to get this far. Sam is up 4.30am every morning. Marcus is a superstar, even if he's a pissed off superstar on camera. Super competitive, they want this, genuinely. I'll tell more later, but I won't make promises for them, all I will say is they really aim to over deliver and the only thing they want to be held to is;

28nm - 350gh/s, 175gh/s - September 2013.

In the meantime, it's another round of pear cider, skål!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:35:53 PM

So is it your impression that by New Years there will be a newer model miner?

Not a "newer" model, but maybe a few miners in other prise ranges. Maybe in between the 175 and the 350.
They didnt sound keen on going much smaller than the 175 though.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:41:57 PM

So is it your impression that by New Years there will be a newer model miner?

Not a "newer" model, but maybe a few miners in other prise ranges. Maybe in between the 175 and the 350.
They didnt sound keen on going much smaller than the 175 though.

They don't want the customer service concerned with thousands of small units, but they have novel solutions for lower entry levels to get mom n' pop on board once their chips are in the wild. General consensus is this has been one of BFLs big mistakes and not one they want to mirror.

keyzersoze

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:42:50 PM

They said earlier that they would be keeping a close eye on hash/$ ratio during development. Does this mean that they might increase the hashing power of the machines closer to shipping if the difficulty increases too much or the price of btc drops significantly ?

Yes. they said that, if they have to do that in order to keep the products competetive, and profitable for us miners, they of course would.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
keyzersoze

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:46:46 PM

Glad to see you here Bitcoinorama, you can take over now Smiley

I had to give the people some air Cohagen "bad Arnold impression"

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 11:48:13 PM

The thing that just doesn't make sense to me and is a red flag is, why are they able to offer SO much better pricing than any other company, when using the most expensive die size?

Edit: And then selling them. ASICMiner came up with a winning formulae and so mined on them. These guys are suggesting they can change EVERYTHING in performance measures, AND are willing to sell, AND at the cheapest prices by a significant factor.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:52:44 PM

They said earlier that they would be keeping a close eye on hash/$ ratio during development. Does this mean that they might increase the hashing power of the machines closer to shipping if the difficulty increases too much or the price of btc drops significantly ?

Yes. they said that, if they have to do that in order to keep the products competetive, and profitable for us miners, they of course would.

What's really, really crucial to bear in mind though is time.

Marcus is a freakin' wizard, and a perfectionist, but Sam is keen to reign him in w.r.t. time and not loose sight of that. The goal IS September. ANY delays and you will be given evidence of any issues with respect to third parties, this is the area for contention with BFL, why are they not giving this? KnC have more than one PCB fabricator on case of one letting them down. I went through multiple scenarios of weak links and impressively they had answers.

Their 28nm chip is relatively uncomplicated in comparison to what they have done in the past, but it has to work first time and well. They may revise it in future, Marcus has an itch to do just that, but they have a promise of September to fulfill.

There are multiple future tweaks on the cards, there may even be liquid cooling options for those not housing in data centres. Though you risk invalidating warranty with DIY OC'ing.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:53:59 PM

The thing that just doesn't make sense to me and is a red flag is, why are they able to offer SO much better pricing than any other company, when using the most expensive die size?

Off the top of my head, die size is tiny, need to revisit audio there...

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 11:55:40 PM

Which makes it the most expensive?
Edit: Okay, process node

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 11:55:49 PM

Marcus is a freakin' wizard, amd a perfectionist, but Sam is keen to reign him in w.r.t. time and not loose sight of that. The goal IS September. ANY delays and you will be given evidence of any issues with respect to third parties, this is the area for contention with BFL, why are they not giving this? They have more than one PCB fabricator on case of one letting them down. I went through multiple scenarios of weak links and impressively they had answers.

Their 28nm chip is relatively uncomplicated in comparison to what they have done in the past, but it has to work first time and well. They may revise it in future, Marcus has an itch to do just that, but they have a promise of September to fulfill.

There are multiple future tweaks on the cards, there may even be liquid cooling options for those not housing in data centres. Though you risk invalidating warranty with DIY OC'ing.

From an entrepreneurial standpoint what was your impression of the team? Do you feel more confident now that you have met them, what did/does your gut tell you?

Run for the hills or Mortgage the house?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
glowkeeper

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 11:57:26 PM

Marcus is a freakin' wizard, amd a perfectionist, but Sam is keen to reign him in w.r.t. time and not loose sight of that. The goal IS September. ANY delays and you will be given evidence of any issues with respect to third parties, this is the area for contention with BFL, why are they not giving this? They have more than one PCB fabricator on case of one letting them down. I went through multiple scenarios of weak links and impressively they had answers.

From an entrepreneurial standpoint what was your impression of the team? Do you feel more confident now that you have met them, what did/does your gut tell you?

So you've not read his other 4.5 million gushing posts on KnC yet then?

No offence Bitcoin, but I think I can guess your answer Wink
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 11:57:46 PM

My gut is saying run for the hills. Think, if you're a small team of clever, top end designers, why would you sell what so ever! You could raise $50m in a few weeks and build the biggest farm ever seen. Why sell ONE unit, they'd make - if their claims are true - 5-20x more by mining than selling.

cheech300

Activity: 330
Merit: 252

NEIN, ICH BIN DER BITCOIN!

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:59:38 PM

.. so at your visit also no hookers and no beer? at our visit just coke and plain water..... that was so dissapointing; Cool
btceic

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 12:01:48 AM

My gut is saying run for the hills. Think, if you're a small team of clever, top end designers, why would you sell what so ever! You could raise $50m in a few weeks and build the biggest farm ever seen. Why sell ONE unit, they'd make - if their claims are true - 5-20x more by mining than selling.

Dude you really have it out for this company, what's the deal?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:04:29 AM

Never mortgage the house. Aside from what I've read here no genuine successful entrepreneur would do that.

That said the two words Sam mentioned which I wanted to hear were 'scalability' and 'automation', these are crucial to any business the guys I know invest in.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:07:13 AM

.. so at your visit also no hookers and no beer? at our visit just coke and plain water..... that was so dissapointing; Cool

Apparently they learnt from last time, it really was coke (the fizzy kind) and water.

Daggeteo came for seconds and was soo disappointed!

He brought his bro this time as well...

Sad panda Sad

btceic

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 12:12:51 AM

Never mortgage the house. Aside from what I've read here no genuine successful entrepreneur would do that.

Just to be clear here with everybody especially newbies regarding the above is; I totally agree (never ever invest more than you are comfortable/capable of losing), I just wanted to have a very clear understanding of what your feelings are for investment purposes.

All keep in mind that we are investing/speculating in an unregulated beyond bleeding edge technology, that may be worth nothing, due to the fact that we are attempting to undermine the worlds economy.

Please understand and appreciate that last sentence

Charles999

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:15:01 AM

So any PICTURES yet of your visit?  Was it Bitcoinorama that visited??
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:17:30 AM

Just to be clear here with everybody especially newbies regarding the above is; I totally agree (never ever invest more than you are comfortable/capable of losing), I just wanted to have a very clear understanding of what your feelings are for investment purposes.

All keep in mind that we are investing/speculating in an unregulated beyond bleeding edge technology, that may be worth nothing, due to the fact that we are attempting to undermine the worlds economy.

Please understand and appreciate that last sentence

Totally spot on, they are not responsible for competitors known or unknown, competitors influence on hashrate, which Marcus monitors regularly (again something BFL should be directly influencing), and the BTC exchange value.

I went through internal an external validities as well as SWOT.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:18:18 AM

So any PICTURES yet of your visit?  Was it Bitcoinorama that visited??

Arrrrrgggghhh I'm meant to be drinking and I'm ignoring company, over and out!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: