Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:41:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1400 GLD gone, new wallet.dat created by GLDcoin-qt.exe (any reason why ?)  (Read 1129 times)
shantee (OP)

Activity: 381
Merit: 274

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:11:32 PM

Hello everybody

So today I lost about 1400GLD, I am not very happy about that, I am a little pissed actually. Well it's ok, I'll relax ^^ nevermind after all they have no value  (but I was so happy I could get so many coins by just mining them  Smiley).

Anyway now, I would like to know : what happened ?? What have I done wrong ?? Am I the only one to have this problem ?

- When I opened the gldcoin-qt client I saw my account was empty and I also saw that my address had changed.
- I checked inside the debug.log and i saw weird things ( maybe it's not so weird but I don't understand them) like :

RefreshWallet
[...]
Flushing wallet.dat
[...]
Flushed wallet.dat 9ms

[edit: It did not look good to me but after doing some some research I now understand that the "flush wallet thing" means that the program is making the wallet lighter / faster . (something like that, am I  right ?)]

Everything look normal on my address when I checked here : EEw56ZzX6wkx6dVVuMj5ozvsggNjGCf2fv

I have
Balance: 1393.59123902 GLD
Transactions in: 279

But can't "touch" them...Is there anything we can do ? Is there anyway I could get my old wallet back ? if not did anybody encounter this problem before ?
Does anybody have an idea about what happened ?

10 Great Bitcoin & Litecoin related domain name on sale ! | MY ltc adress : LdCEBkFWAoXNcXXgvJ2zGRk35ircZouUx8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:14:01 PM

lol, not a problem, there are 7 millions premined coins, ask someone to donate that amount to you, it's a piece of cake.
skyangel

Activity: 301
Merit: 260

FLO dev

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:18:48 PM

RefreshWallet
Flushing wallet.dat
But can't "touch" them...Is there anything we can do ? Is there anyway I could get my old wallet back ? if not did anybody encounter this problem before ?

Sounds like your wallet got re-created for some reason. If you don't have a backup of your wallet.dat you lost your coins.

Always back up your wallet.dat file. If you lose it, you lose your private keys and your coins.

"Flushing" only means writing from memory to disk.

AZIZ1977

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:19:19 PM

lol, not a problem, there are 7 millions premined coins, ask someone to donate that amount to you, it's a piece of cake.

Trolling again. You sound like a parrot. Grin
kr4x

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:20:35 PM

grow up
AZIZ1977

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:21:45 PM

Hello everybody

So today I lost about 1400GLD, I am not very happy about that, I am a little pissed actually. Well it's ok, I'll relax ^^ nevermind after all they have no value  (but I was so happy I could get so many coins by just mining them  Smiley).

Anyway now, I would like to know : what happened ?? What have I done wrong ?? Am I the only one to have this problem ?

- When I opened the gldcoin-qt client I saw my account was empty and I also saw that my address had changed.
- I checked inside the debug.log and i saw weird things ( maybe it's not so weird but I don't understand them) like :

RefreshWallet
[...]
Flushing wallet.dat
[...]
Flushed wallet.dat 9ms

[edit: It did not look good to me but after doing some some research I now understand that the "flush wallet thing" means that the program is making the wallet lighter / faster . (something like that, am I  right ?)]

Everything look normal on my address when I checked here : EEw56ZzX6wkx6dVVuMj5ozvsggNjGCf2fv

I have

Send me your GLD adress and i will send you some GLD Coins. The Goldcoin community never lets a Goldcoin miner down.
shantee (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:29:35 PM

Yeah...There are also thousand of tons of silver, gold and platinum that were "premined" before you and I were even born !! Does it mean it's also worthless ? and do you think I could also ask for some grams of gold along with gldcoin donation ?  Smiley

Now seriously, I know the value of GLDcoin,  and don't worry when I said I was pissed, I am not that pissed ^^. But I would really like to know what happened ? Is it possible that some program deleted my wallet.dat ? But then why my other clients are working fine ?  Is there something wrong with the gldcoin client ?
By the way my GLcoin client version is : v0.6.3.0-g3aaa7ba-beta

Send me your GLD adress and i will send you some GLD Coins. The Goldcoin community never lets a Goldcoin miner down.

Hey that's really nice, thank you AZIZ1977 ..(I did not write this topic to ask for donation , but that's really nice!) but before posting any address I would really love to  be sure this won't happen again.  

10 Great Bitcoin & Litecoin related domain name on sale ! | MY ltc adress : LdCEBkFWAoXNcXXgvJ2zGRk35ircZouUx8
AZIZ1977

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:36:40 PM

Yeah...There are also thousand of tons of silver, gold and platinum that were "premined" before you and I were even born !! Does it mean it's also worthless ? and do you think I could also ask for some grams of gold along with gldcoin donation ?  Smiley

Now seriously, I know the value of GLDcoin,  and don't worry when I said I was pissed, I am not that pissed ^^. But I would really like to know what happened ? Is it possible that some program deleted my wallet.dat ? But then why my other clients are working fine ?  Is there something wrong with the gldcoin client ?
By the way my GLcoin client version is : v0.6.3.0-g3aaa7ba-beta

Hey that's really nice, thank you AZIZ1977 ..(I did not write this topic to ask for donation , but that's really nice!) but before posting any address I would really love to  be sure this won't happen again. 

I am using same version and no problems. Losing or deleting your wallet happens to many people. That is why i always make a backup you never know what happens.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:40:30 PM

0 premined coins. People could start mining when they were released pre-mined means the owner mined them before he released them.
BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:42:19 PM

grow up

Lol... yes please do. As someone else said there were billions maybe trillions of dollars of gold pre-mined before you were born, does that make them worthless. Also remember to always make a USB backup.
thekidcoin

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:48:48 PM

Hello everybody

So today I lost about 1400GLD, I am not very happy about that, I am a little pissed actually. Well it's ok, I'll relax ^^ nevermind after all they have no value  (but I was so happy I could get so many coins by just mining them  Smiley).

RefreshWallet
[...]
Flushing wallet.dat
[...]
Flushed wallet.dat 9ms

This is who you NEED to export your priv keys, and need to have a backup of your wallet.  Likely something corrupted your wallet - could be antivirus, etc.  So it created a new wallet.

I have

This is who you NEED to export your priv keys, and need to have a backup of your wallet.  Likely something corrupted your wallet - could be antivirus, etc.  So it created a new wallet.  Not the first time this has happened, as it happened to me with Litecoin once.  Luckily I had a backup.  I backup and export the private keys BEFORE I do anything - always - with any coin i use.

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
thekidcoin

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:52:44 PM

nothing was pre-mined

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
shantee (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 11:11:44 PM

Thank you all for your advices.
Actually I think I have got an idea about my wallet disappearance.. It just happened the day I installed some softwares and did some other crap with my comp. I uninstalled / reinstalled ESET smart security I feel it could have something to do with it...not sure though but anyway I got the moral of all this now : always make a copy of your wallet.dat...Now that's done , I am good to go again.

Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:05:15 AM

I always use online wallets when ever possible. I send it right from the pool, to an exchange.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: