Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:31:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Education Project  (Read 865 times)
charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 05:47:54 PM

I'd like to post a followup on the Bitcoin Education Project:

Our Mission
The Bitcoin Education Project (BEP) was founded by Charles Hoskinson in 2013 to resolve two problems in the Bitcoin ecosystem. First, to reduce the knowledge barriers to entry for everyday people to enter the Bitcoin world. And second, to make Bitcoin more relatable to  mainstream activities.

Since its inception, BEP has grown to many contributors and partners including Udemy, Bitcoin Magazine, Let’s Talk Bitcoin and numerous veterans of the Bitcoin community. We are united by our desire to expand the community to the world and by our passion for benefits Bitcoin brings to commerce.

Our Values
All projects request a set of core values that unite the collaborators. The Bitcoin Education Project is no different. We believe in the following six tenets:

Objectivity
Transparency
Accuracy
Accountability
Inclusion
Honesty

Objectivity

Our goal is to educate the mainstream about Bitcoin. In this process, we have a duty to ensure the information we have presented is done so in an objective manner. We cannot allow a passion for the future of money to eschew existing problems with the Bitcoin infrastructure. All content produced must be held to a fair and balanced standard.

Transparency

The Bitcoin Education Project will always make every attempt to discuss its finances, partnerships, contributors and agreements with any entity that is interested. Our content generation and vetting process, long term goals and also marketing collaborations shall also be freely discussed. There are no closed doors at BEP.

Accuracy

Errors are a reality of anyone seeking the production and distribution of knowledge. We will never accept that our work is perfect nor accept misinformation as a result of a mistake or malice. Whenever we encounter inaccurate information regarding Bitcoin, its ecosystem and history, we will make every attempt to correct it regardless of origin.

Accountability

Everything we produce is connected to an author. Authors cannot be anonymous and are held to our content standards. We are accountable for the materials we distribute.

Inclusion

Academic merit means nothing in the world of Bitcoin. This ecosystem was first conceived by an entity impossible to credential. Therefore, we welcome everyone in the community to contribute to our project regardless of education, geography, philosophy or vocation. All contributors are held to the same standards and are given the same opportunities to educate the world.

Honesty

A simple rule for everyone to follow. Just don’t lie. It is amazing that this value has to be explicitly stated, yet necessary. All associates of BEP are expected to be honest in their affiliation with the project.

Our Goals
The Bitcoin Education Project has three goals:

• To Eliminate Misinformation about Bitcoin
  • To Create and Implement a Process to Generate and Vet Community Built Content Intended to Educate and Evangelize the Mainstream on Bitcoin
  • To Bring 1 Million New Users into the Bitcoin Ecosystem by the End of 2014

Goal 1: Misinformation

We all have heard the words ponzi scheme, bitcoin hacked, anonymous currency used to buy XYZ. Such statements are partly due to the complexity and experimental nature of Bitcoin and partly due to misinformation from media sources and peers. One of our goals is to eliminate or at least greatly reduce misinformation whenever it occurs through the distribution of creative commons content.

Goal 2: Content Generation

The Bitcoin Education Project seeks to become an engine to generate and vet content made by members of the Bitcoin community. Our goal is to find people with amazing knowledge, skills and raw talent and help them share it with the world so we can improve our community. Great ideas always seek to lift everyone up regardless of where they start.

Goal 3: One Million People

The more people in the ecosystem; the more Bitcoin is worth. Everyone who uses Bitcoins has an incentive to bring people into our community. BEP seeks to do this by removing the knowledge barriers to entry and making people interested in Bitcoin. Our partnership with Udemy allows us to distribute a free course that is ever evolve, but over time we’d like to broaden our initiative to include different approaches to integration and evangelism

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are looking for contributors to the project. PM me if you'd like to help in any way. Also if you'd like to donate:

189tfJJhCJFtkr4MZJgcB3yuGTfUh7cvUL

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lixiaolai
a friend of time
VIP

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:28:27 AM

I just want to say: thank you.

inblockchain.com
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:32:25 AM

Great stuffs
Any idea when other subjects will be covered?

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:55:49 PM

Vote for the Bitcoin Education Project as your favorite Bitcoin Project of Autumn 2013
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2948

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:02:16 PM

I think something like this is needed and I'd like to contribute in my spare time.

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:44:07 PM

I like the idea a LOT!
Already tried to contribute with creation of upcoming book cover in this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327380.msg3582964#msg3582964
I can make different charts/graphcis/simple animations, also in 3D environment.

I am also an Android app developer and it would be great to write an Bitcoin-educative app.

Cheers!

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 09:56:17 PM

Thanks guys, contact me at charles.hoskinson@gmail.com or via skype at Charles_Hoskinson and let's get something setup

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: