Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:25:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we going to see a HUGE jump in Bitcoin price?  (Read 4963 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:43:25 AM

i am about to put in 2digit k € . it took me several weeks to organize the funds. i was praying that the price remain like this about as long as i need to get those funds ready. the bitcoin god did listen. so watch out folks: i will be able to buy in 10 days. after that price will take off vertically. sorry for the delay (banks...!).

Not sure if the price will hover at $120's for 10 days. I could be wrong.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:19:58 AM

i am about to put in 2digit k € . it took me several weeks to organize the funds. i was praying that the price remain like this about as long as i need to get those funds ready. the bitcoin god did listen. so watch out folks: i will be able to buy in 10 days. after that price will take off vertically. sorry for the delay (banks...!).

i doubt it myself. but i can´t speed up. banks compared to the bitcoin protocol is like a formula 1 race car being fueled up with a donkey cart.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:36:19 AM

BTW there were only 18 days in whole history of Bitcoin when one could have sold it higher than the price of BTC at the time of this post.

About 9 months ago you told me bitcoin was grossly undervalued and that it was worth ~$100 per coin (this is in August 2012 or so).

What would you say is the current Vladimir valuation of bitcoin? Aside from the $100k predictions ...lolz

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:38:49 AM

i doubt it myself. but i can´t speed up. banks compared to the bitcoin protocol is like a formula 1 race car being fueled up with a donkey cart.

I'd said replace donkey cart with snail.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:39:13 AM

BTW there were only 18 days in whole history of Bitcoin when one could have sold it higher than the price of BTC at the time of this post.

About 9 months ago you told me bitcoin was grossly undervalued and that it was worth ~$100 per coin (this is in August 2012 or so).

What would you say is the current Vladimir valuation of bitcoin? Aside from the $100k predictions ...lolz

Same shit. Add one zero for now.

Thanks now I know what to expect for the next 9-12 months

~$1000 bitcoin at least.  Smiley

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:42:47 AM

pretty soon we will realize that their is no need for money, humanity will work  not for money, but to better themselves.

then everyone will remember bitcoin as the technology that made star trek real... well... that and warp drive Tongue
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:42:55 AM

My fav chart (3-year log trend) indicates $200 at the end of this year, $500 next May and $1000 next September.

bobdude17

Activity: 454

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:06:55 AM

I don't understand people and their linear charts. That's not how Bitcoin works. As the more people adopt, the speed increases exponentially as well as the number of adopters. Bitcoin is a virus, its mechanics are based on it. Nobody's chart ever accounts for viral spread.
solex
Legendary

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:10:44 AM

I don't understand people and their linear charts. That's not how Bitcoin works. As the more people adopt, the speed increases exponentially as well as the number of adopters. Bitcoin is a virus, its mechanics are based on it. Nobody's chart ever accounts for viral spread.

That's why the chart above uses the logarithm of the fx rate, therefore you can plot a linear trendline but it is actually exponential!  This is capturing the "viral" super-growth rate.

bobdude17

Activity: 454

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:20:08 AM

That's why the chart above uses the logarithm of the fx rate, therefore you can plot a linear trendline but it is actually exponential!  This is capturing the "viral" super-growth rate.

I see. Well I guess we just disagree on what viral means in terms of Bitcoin, I think this will be happening much faster than that. $1000 next September is laughably low.
solex
Legendary

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:31:08 AM

I see. Well I guess we just disagree on what viral means in terms of Bitcoin, I think this will be happening much faster than that. $1000 next September is laughably low.

That chart is using 3 years of MtGox prices. So it is 100% in terms of Bitcoin. You are forgetting what a run it has had already from a few cents. Even that trendline has to flatten off soon or one bitcoin will buy this entire planet in just 12 years from now.  Got to be realistic about limits to growth!

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:47:29 AM

That chart is using 3 years of MtGox prices. So it is 100% in terms of Bitcoin. You are forgetting what a run it has had already from a few cents. Even that trendline has to flatten off soon or one bitcoin will buy this entire planet in just 12 years from now.  Got to be realistic about limits to growth!

There are about 100 billion planets in the MilkyWay so I don't see the problem Smiley))

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:56:07 AM

I'd said replace donkey cart with snail.

yeah, make it an old one on sleeping pills.
massivebitman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 12:17:56 PM

September 2013?

I'll bet you $1000 that won't be the case.

tulkos

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:40:50 PM

There are about 100 billion planets in the MilkyWay so I don't see the problem Smiley))

...and don't forget the billions of galaxies in the universe
 Grin

Wardan_reloadeD

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:57:34 PM

Im getting addict... this is what happens to me when when I read above Speculation section at blockchained:

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/519ca6b1eab8ea9c47000007/man-crashes-like-pinball-around-road-before-falling-into-hole-video.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1030z9_choca-y-huye-4-veces-y-es-absorbido-por-el-demonio_people

And read read read read...
solex
Legendary

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:42:51 PM

September 2013?

I'll bet you $1000 that won't be the case.

We are talking about Sept 2014.

ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:15:29 PM

Exactly, these charts and lines are so pointless.

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:44:20 PM

Exactly, these charts and lines are so pointless.

i see it now! a lot of people think that looking at the rate of adoption it appears as looking at a stock chart. what is a buyer of stocks doing with them ? just waiting for the right moment to sell. but what is a buyer of bitcoins doing with them ? invest in an avalon group buy, play some poker, buy some weed, get the pair of alpacas that you always dreamed of, play some satoshi-d, show your friends, explain your grandma, etc. etc...  one of them is just a share of a giant company. the other is real life AND a share of a giant social experiment fueled by a disruptive technology par excellence.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:29:03 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 04:15:44 PM by fr33d0miz3r

My fav chart (3-year log trend) indicates $200 at the end of this year, $500 next May and $1000 next September.

How can your maths include DDoS attacks, Dwolla seizure, LR closing, press coverage of Bitcoin in this chart?
How can it include possible future good or bad news in this chart?
Stop draw stupid lines on charts. Think by your brain.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: