Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Bumper Stickers  (Read 3025 times)
JEEPNEY (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:11:39 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 09:48:53 PM by JEEPNEY

I recently got some Bitcoin stickers made up. They are weather-resistant and look great on any vehicle, laptop, or what-have-you. They are 5" circles printed in beautiful Bitcoin orange.

http://b67d0ac45a91676082bc-6fa2672c0373a7e4e8c247e065df44a6.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/BTC_QUARTER.jpg

And here it is on the JEEPNEY (which needs a wash).
http://b67d0ac45a91676082bc-6fa2672c0373a7e4e8c247e065df44a6.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/BTC_JEEP.jpg

I have them listed on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/10ncm3e with Prime shipping available.

You can pay in Bitcoins on http://thrucoin.com. The price is BTC0.04 and payment can be sent to: 12uP57mZiLUiuHcizq5NZiyq13wq2YLTXY

I also accept Bitcoins with variable pricing through Coinbase: https://coinbase.com/checkouts/aabbd90f4be97a85563c5f35005ee237

After Escrow has been created, PM me your shipping address along with the escrow ID and I will ship within 1-2 business days.

I currently have 95 available and will be updating this thread with inventory levels as they sell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FTLAUDMAN

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:20:33 PM

I saw these posted to the BTC-e trollbox yesterday and I bought 3. Thanks!
JEEPNEY (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:02:12 PM

I saw these posted to the BTC-e trollbox yesterday and I bought 3. Thanks!

Thanks for your order! Hope you enjoy them.
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 03:52:57 AM

AAAH! I want one of these so badly! Where is money for useless things when you want it!

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 02:51:08 PM

How did I never see this thread before (stupid forum search)? Nice work! The Amazon price is really good, too (as a seller of products on Amazon, I know they take a huge bite when they fulfill a low-priced product like this).

I wish you success, and I'm ordering now.

[edit]

Oh, wait... On Amazon it says the sticker isn't compatible with glass? I've never heard of that for a bumper sticker. Now I want to ask, can you say how these were created? I was assuming they were screen-printed on standard sticker material, but now I'm having doubts...

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:11:54 PM

Going to be ordering some of these later tonight on amazon, I'll write a review. It's lucky I have someone willing to send things that can't be shipped to UK. You should do UK shipping though!

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 03:15:51 PM

Are these ok to put on glass? i.e. a rear window of a car?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:27:28 PM

Are these ok to put on glass? i.e. a rear window of a car?

Product Description
Display your support of decentralized currency on your car, SUV, motorcycle, tractor, bicycle, tricycle, boat, yacht, helicopter, laptop, or any other smooth surface. (Except glass. The adhesive is NOT compatible with glass.)

That is a quote taken from the product description on amazon.com, so I'm assuming not.
BitPappa

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 06:04:14 PM

It's a weird limitation. I've worked with a lot of adhesives, and I'd like to know more about why this bumper sticker won't work on glass (does it fall right off? does it just not adhere as well as one would hope?). Would be good to have the seller's input.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:08:15 PM

It's a weird limitation. I've worked with a lot of adhesives, and I'd like to know more about why this bumper sticker won't work on glass (does it fall right off? does it just not adhere as well as one would hope?). Would be good to have the seller's input.

Yeah, all the stickers which I have had & custom made. Have always been able to stick to glass and most other materials. Maybe the seller should consider looking into this more, so it's a larger target audience. The only reason I could think of not having it on glass is that it leaves marks when taken off. Hopefully the seller will be able to give us some input.
BitPappa

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 06:17:50 PM

Yeah, all the stickers which I have had & custom made. Have always been able to stick to glass and most other materials. Maybe the seller should consider looking into this more, so it's a larger target audience. The only reason I could think of not having it on glass is that it leaves marks when taken off. Hopefully the seller will be able to give us some input.

Quality bumper stickers are screen printed (typically rated to last for years without fading), but there's no mention of how these were made. If they were offset-printed, they are a lot cheaper to produce, but the ink probably will fade quickly with a lot of sun exposure. I'd hate to put a 5" sticker on my car, have it fade in a couple of months ("fade resistant" is hard to quantify), then have it leave residue on my car's paint (which is why a car window is my preferred location, as you can always use a razor blade to remove even the most adhesive material completely -- can't do that on car paint).

Also, seems thrucoin.com doesn't load... Yet another BTC biz gone by the waste side, I assume?

Damn, I went from the biggest support of this sticker at first look (assuming the best), to a very skeptical buyer (now assuming the worst). I probably should have just bought one, since they aren't expensive.

Jeepney, please let us know more details about your bumper stickers!

atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:25:03 PM

these look really cool, do you have any other types? or just that one
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:30:05 PM

Quality bumper stickers are screen printed (typically rated to last for years without fading), but there's no mention of how these were made. If they were offset-printed, they are a lot cheaper to produce, but the ink probably will fade quickly with a lot of sun exposure. I'd hate to put a 5" sticker on my car, have it fade in a couple of months ("fade resistant" is hard to quantify), then have it leave residue on my car's paint (which is why a car window is my preferred location, as you can always use a razor blade to remove even the most adhesive material completely -- can't do that on car paint).

Also, seems thrucoin.com doesn't load... Yet another BTC biz gone by the waste side, I assume?

Damn, I went from the biggest support of this sticker at first look (assuming the best), to a very skeptical buyer (now assuming the worst). I probably should have just bought one, since they aren't expensive.

Jeepney, please let us know more details about your bumper stickers!

Looks like you know you're bumper stickers Wink. I'm thinking it's made from cheap materials, considering the price. 0.04BTC is 4 USD.($2.95 on amazon) I have researched all of this before, because I was going to create magnets, bumper stickers and T-shirts. But, it would of cost me quite a lot to ship internationally and would have to charge a bit (I went for the best quality items though). SO, I would say these are made pretty cheaply, just wait to hear reviews on amazon I guess, see if they do depreciate over time.
BitPappa

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 07:35:00 PM

Looks like you know you're bumper stickers Wink. I'm thinking it's made from cheap materials, considering the price. 0.04BTC is 4 USD.($2.95 on amazon) I have researched all of this before, because I was going to create magnets, bumper stickers and T-shirts. But, it would of cost me quite a lot to ship internationally and would have to charge a bit (I went for the best quality items though). SO, I would say these are made pretty cheaply, just wait to hear reviews on amazon I guess, see if they do depreciate over time.

Well, I'm not an expert on screen printing, but I've worked in the offset-printing business for 25 years. And I developed an adhesive-based product a few years ago that helped me learn more about adhesives. But this is the first time I've seen a product that is fine for use on anything except windows. Bottom line for me is, if it's marketed as a bumper sticker, it should be screen-printed (or more-espensive cut vinyl), otherwise it's just not as durable against fading and outdoor elements (especially colors that use red).

I too got quotes on screen printing stickers that look like these (but smaller). But I ended up moving ahead with a different Bitcoin novelty product that I'm excited about (I'll be talking about it plenty once I have them in hand). Doing my research, I've looked at a lot of Bitcoin novelties out there, and the biggest problem from my perspective is that it seems some people try to go the cheap route (I'm sure, to avoid risking too much money). However, I think a high-quality products (at a fair price) is the goal what one should strive for, when creating products to sell to Bitcoiners.

BitPappa

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 02:06:46 PM

Wow, fate really did not want me to have one of these stickers. First I ordered one on Amazon, and somehow it got lost in transit (at least Amazon will pay you for that sticker!). Then I ordered another one on Amazon (the price went up in the meantime), and it arrived with black marks all over the face, so I'm returning it for a refund.

It looks to me like the toner/ink from the bar code labels that are on the back of the stickers, is coming off on the front of the stickers, when they are stacked (perhaps by FBA). Jeepney, you may want to contact Amazon/FBA to resolve this, because my sense it that a lot of your sticker inventory may be getting messed up like my sticker was.

CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:40:13 AM

If someone could make this exactly the same but as a magnet, i would definitely buy one.

I would imagine the kind of flexible magnet material that those magnetic ribbons are made of.

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: