Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:05:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Junk Picks: NFL|NCAAF|Rugby (+/- Total Bet Units in 1st Post)  (Read 1842 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 12:36:54 PM

A Sunday afternoon game pick.

Sunday 24 Sept. NitrogenSports NFL, 1% bet, picks in bold

Seattle Seahawks @ Tennessee Titans -3 (2.056).

My Wager: Betslip

Seattle has major offense problems, mainly with their O-line and QB Wilson not looking so good. They barely squeaked by the 49ers last week at home. They are struggling offensively, only scoring one TD this year so far and they even missed the extra point on that one too, I think. Now they travel across the country to play a hungry Tennessee team and the Titans can score points with the weapons they have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:57:38 PM

Another pick for Sunday.

Sunday 24 Sept. NitrogenSports NFL, 1% bet, picks in bold

Miami Dolphins -5.5 (1.948) @ New York Jets

Jarvis Landry, Jay Ajayi and DeVante Parker of Miami all look to be good to go for tomorrow's game against New York despite their injury statuses. That's bad news for the J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS! as they don't have much talent to begin with. What little talent they do have hasn't been producing. They may be able to slow Miami for maybe a quarter and a half, but playing with heart only gets you so far when you lack talent. I just don't see how they are going to cover Miami's receivers and stop Ajayi at the same time. This should be a cake walk for the Dolphins.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:50:01 PM

A teaser play for Sunday.

NitrogenSports NFL, 1% bet, picks and odds in bold:

4-Leg (6 point) Teaser, Ties Lose, 1% bet (3.500)

1. Pittsburgh Steelers -7.5 (+6) @ Chicago Bears
   2. New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles -6 (+6)
   3. Cincinnati Bengals @ Green Bay Packers -8 (+6)
   4. Miami Dolphins -6 (+6) @ New York Jets

I think I would have gotten better odds had I made this a ML parlay with the same teams which is what I should have done. I'm somewhat confident the favorites should win in their respective match-ups straight up, but the spreads seemed a little long and I want to tease them down.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:20:12 AM

Sunday results (picks and odds in bold):

Miami Dolphins -5.5 (1.948) @ New York Jets : Loss -1.00 bet units. Betslip

Atlanta Falcons @ Detroit Lions : Over 48.5 (1.948) : Win +0.948 bet units. Betslip

Seattle Seahawks @ Tennessee Titans -3 (2.056) : Win +1.056 bet units. Betslip

4-Leg Parlay 1% bet (13.466) : Loss -1.00 bet units. Betslip
   1. Los Angeles Rams -2 (1.948) @ San Francisco 49ers - Push
   2. Baltimore Ravens -3.5 (1.948) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (neutral site) - Loss
   3. New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles -6 (1.957) - Loss
   4. Cincinnati Bengals @ Green Bay Packers -8.5 (1.948) - Loss

4-Leg (6 point) Teaser 1% bet (3.500) : Loss -1.00 bet units. Betslip
   1. Pittsburgh Steelers -7.5 (+6) @ Chicago Bears - Loss
   2. New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles -6 (+6) - Win
   3. Cincinnati Bengals @ Green Bay Packers -8 (+6) - Win
   4. Miami Dolphins -6 (+6) @ New York Jets - Loss

My Parlay and Teaser plays got blown up. The Jets surprisingly shut down Miami. Meanwhile in London, the Baltimore Ravens team bus must have gotten lost on their way to the stadium from their hotel because they certainly didn't show up to the game. How else to explain the 44-7 loss to Jax.

Sunday Total: -0.996 bet units
Cumulative Total: +2.630 bet units
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:44:12 PM

First NFL pick for this week. Will try to take a closer look at the college games also.

Sunday 1 Oct. NFL, 1% bet, pick and odds in bold

Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos -3 (2.016)

I tend to try to stay away from betting divisional games like this one, but I'm drawn to this match up. Both are good teams who had disappointingly poor performances in their losses last week. Denver is at home and has a better balance of offense-defense. The Raiders defense got pushed up and down the field by Washington last week and their usually high-flying offense was stymied for only 10 points. I'll go with the Broncos at home giving 3 points.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:11:14 PM

A college football pick.

Saturday 30 Sept. NCAAF, 1% bet, pick and odds in bold

Mississippi Ole Miss Rebels @ Alabama Crimson Tide -27 (1.931)

Pretty straightforward here. Alabama is Alabama, while Ole Miss is about the same caliber of team as Vanderbilt, who Alabama beat 59-0 last week. In that game, Bama had their 5th and 6th string players playing from the middle of the 3rd quarter on.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:27:58 AM

Rugby pick.

Friday 29 Sept. Rugby Union - Aviva Premiership, 1% bet, pick and odds in bold

Saracens -17 (2.028) @ Worcester Warriors

Some significant injuries for both teams requiring reshuffling of line ups. Warriors are winless after 4 games and have only scored 5 total tries. Saracens, despite their injuries, are strong on both offensive and on defense.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:48:33 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 06:52:14 AM by Junko

Another college football pick for tomorrow (Saturday).

Saturday 30 Sept. NCAAF, 1% bet, pick and odds in bold

Northwestern Wildcats @ Wisconsin Badgers -16 (1.931)

Both teams are coming off a bye week. Wisconsin is 15-3 ATS in their last 18 games following a bye week. The Wildcats defense is ranked 90th in yards allowed per game, while their star RB, Justin Jackson, hasn't been very productive for the most part. Prior to their bye week, the undefeated Badgers had an impressive win, crushing a very tough BYU team on the road 40-6. Wisconsin at home should outclass Northwestern in this game.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:03:15 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 06:50:23 AM by Junko

Friday rugby result (pick and odds in bold):

Saracens -17 (2.028) @ Worcester Warriors - Win +1.028 bet units. (Betslip)

Despite injuries, Sarries score three tries and cruise to a 25-3 victory over Worcester, giving us an easy cover to win our bet.

Friday Total: +1.028 bet units
Cumulative Total: +3.658 bet units
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:33:15 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 03:34:02 AM by Junko

Saturday NCAAF results (picks and odds in bold):

Northwestern Wildcats @ Wisconsin Badgers -16 (1.931) - Loss -1.00 bet units. (Betslip)

Mississippi Ole Miss Rebels @ Alabama Crimson Tide -27 (1.931) - Win +0.931 bet units. (Betslip)

Badgers unable to cover, while Bama rolls Mississippi.

Friday Total: -0.069 bet units
Cumulative Total: +3.589 bet units
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:10:32 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 05:35:11 PM by Junko

Adding an underdog pick for today.

Los Angeles Rams +6 (1.948) @ Dallas Cowboys

Dallas is the favorite (-6). However they are dealing with some significant injuries. Their defensive secondary is banged up and leading tackler, LB Sean Lee (hamstring), will be a game time decision as to whether he will play or not. On offense, it looks like they will be starting a back up at left guard on an O-line that hasn't seemed to have quite fully gelled yet. Meanwhile, QB Jared Goff and RB Todd Gurley of the Rams are healthy and are producing well with the play calling of coach Sean McVay. I think the line should be closer to a Pick where neither team is favored. BTW, the Rams wins have come against two teams who are a combined 0-6 so far this season. This game should tell us if the Rams are really legit or counterfeit.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:36:40 AM

Sunday results. (picks and odds in bold):

Los Angeles Rams +6 (1.948) @ Dallas Cowboys - Win +0.948 bet units. (Betslip)

Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos -3 (2.016) - Win +1.016 bet units. (Betslip)

With injuries to key players, Dallas succumbs to the underdog Rams attack lead by Goff and Gurley as predicted. Denver benefited greatly from QB Derek Carr of the Raiders having to leave the game with back spasms.

Sunday Total: +1.964 bet units
Cumulative Total: +5.553 bet units
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:08:48 PM

Monday Night Football

Monday 2 Oct. NFL, 1% bet, pick and odds in bold

Washington Redskins @ Kansas City Chiefs -7 (2.056)

Kansas City QB Alex Smith is playing lights out, completing 77.4% of his passes for 744 yds, 7 TDs and 0 INTs. RB Kareem Hunt is beasting with a 162 yards per game average. The Redskins have looked impressive in their last two games, but KC is tough at home and should be geeked AF playing prime time on Monday Night Football. 7 points is a lot to give with two good teams playing against each other, but I believe Kansas City's defense will give Kirk Cousins enough problems to keep him from being effective.
badjacks99

Activity: 1050
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:03:10 PM

Dallas is the favorite (-6). However they are dealing with some significant injuries. Their defensive secondary is banged up and leading tackler, LB Sean Lee (hamstring), will be a game time decision as to whether he will play or not. On offense, it looks like they will be starting a back up at left guard on an O-line that hasn't seemed to have quite fully gelled yet. Meanwhile, QB Jared Goff and RB Todd Gurley of the Rams are healthy and are producing well with the play calling of coach Sean McVay. I think the line should be closer to a Pick where neither team is favored. BTW, the Rams wins have come against two teams who are a combined 0-6 so far this season. This game should tell us if the Rams are really legit or counterfeit.

This turned out to be a great pick, i also had this play on a Betslip and was happy with the final turn out. Im noticing you have picked this chiefs for tonight. I also believe this to be a great pick, kc at home in primetime? Yeah, buddy. I think it will be another one of them dogfights though, redskins have been playing well. Im looking for the chiefs to lay down the hammer in the fourth quarter and winning by 10. Good luck.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:30:05 AM

This turned out to be a great pick, i also had this play on a Betslip and was happy with the final turn out. Im noticing you have picked this chiefs for tonight. I also believe this to be a great pick, kc at home in primetime? Yeah, buddy. I think it will be another one of them dogfights though, redskins have been playing well. Im looking for the chiefs to lay down the hammer in the fourth quarter and winning by 10. Good luck.

Thanks, man. I was pretty confident in picking the Rams. If it wasn't so early in the season, I might have put 2 or 3 bet units more on it. The thing with that particular pick is that having been born and raised in Dallas, I am a huge Cowboys fan. And I rarely bet on Cowboys games whether for or against my team. One of the things I've learned when it comes to gambling is to not let your emotions guide or sway you in any way. That's why I try like all hell not to put any money on a Cowboys game either for or against. But when I saw the opening line with Dallas as a 6 point favorite, I knew that it was inflated. Even with key injuries on the Cowboy's side, the line didn't move, so that just confirmed it. As a fan, I hoped my Cowboys would win even if it meant me losing money. But as a gambler putting money on the game and looking at both the overall and individual match ups, I just couldn't see Dallas winning this game, much less covering 6 points.

And good call on the KC game for both of us. You were right, it was a dogfight and just like you predicted, KC would shut them down in the fourth quarter where they held Washington to just a field goal. (Hey, you should make a tipster thread if you haven't already Wink) I always like the Chiefs at home in prime time.

Anyway, happy to see us both win and interesting that we saw these games the same way.  Grin

Monday results (pick and odds in bold):

Washington Redskins @ Kansas City Chiefs -7 (2.056) - Win +1.056 bet units (Betslip)

Nice win to end NFL Week 4.

Monday Total: +1.056 bet units
Cumulative Total: +6.609 bet units
badjacks99

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:30:32 PM

Thanks, man. I was pretty confident in picking the Rams. If it wasn't so early in the season, I might have put 2 or 3 bet units more on it. The thing with that particular pick is that having been born and raised in Dallas, I am a huge Cowboys fan. And I rarely bet on Cowboys games whether for or against my team. One of the things I've learned when it comes to gambling is to not let your emotions guide or sway you in any way. That's why I try like all hell not to put any money on a Cowboys game either for or against. But when I saw the opening line with Dallas as a 6 point favorite, I knew that it was inflated. Even with key injuries on the Cowboy's side, the line didn't move, so that just confirmed it. As a fan, I hoped my Cowboys would win even if it meant me losing money. But as a gambler putting money on the game and looking at both the overall and individual match ups, I just couldn't see Dallas winning this game, much less covering 6 points.

And good call on the KC game for both of us. You were right, it was a dogfight and just like you predicted, KC would shut them down in the fourth quarter where they held Washington to just a field goal. (Hey, you should make a tipster thread if you haven't already Wink) I always like the Chiefs at home in prime time.

Anyway, happy to see us both win and interesting that we saw these games the same way.  Grin

Monday results (pick and odds in bold):

Washington Redskins @ Kansas City Chiefs -7 (2.056) - Win +1.056 bet units (Betslip)

Nice win to end NFL Week 4.

Monday Total: +1.056 bet units
Cumulative Total: +6.609 bet units

It can be hard to bet against your own team, to be able to do so shows That you have a cool head and some betting know how. Im also glad to get that we predicted correctly with the chiefs. With that last touchdown in the last four seconds was not exactly what i had in mind, but hey a win is a win. Pretty amazing fashion to cover the spread. Do you have any oppinions yet for thursday night?
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:39:30 PM

With that last touchdown in the last four seconds was not exactly what i had in mind, but hey a win is a win. Pretty amazing fashion to cover the spread. Do you have any oppinions yet for thursday night?

Yeah, that was the craziest last second cover I think I've ever seen. The Over hit as well because of that last freak TD. Cray. And yeah, I do have action on Thursday Night NFL Football:

Thursday 5 Oct. NFL 1% bets, (picks and odds in bold)

New England Patriots @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers +5.5 (1.948)

New England Patriots @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Over 55.5 (1.986)

Everyone knows New England rarely loses back to back games, but this year they have a serious problem with their defense - as in, they don't have one. If it weren't for a miracle TD against Houston with 30 seconds left on the clock two weeks ago, the Pats could easily be 1-3. Tom Brady and the offense is clicking away as normal, ranked #1 overall in the league. But like I said, the problem is with their defense. They are ranked last in the league in Total Defense, last in total yards allowed per game and second to last (above just Indianapolis) in points allowed per game. Their defense is basically nonexistent.

NE will be the traveling away team playing on a short week, so they will have less time to recover and prepare. I don't see how their defense will be able to cover both Mike Evans and DeSean Jackson. Against the spread, I like Tampa Bay at home getting 5.5 points. I think it will be a high scoring close game. I've yet to mention, Tampa's defense isn't that great either, hence why I think it will be a high scoring close game and hence, I'm also taking the OVER. I think the total points will be in the neighborhood of around ~60-65 points or so. There's a 40% chance of rain early in the night with winds 13-25 mph. That might have an affect, but I'm still thinking high score.
badjacks99

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:36:53 PM

With that last touchdown in the last four seconds was not exactly what i had in mind, but hey a win is a win. Pretty amazing fashion to cover the spread. Do you have any oppinions yet for thursday night?

Yeah, that was the craziest last second cover I think I've ever seen. The Over hit as well because of that last freak TD. Cray. And yeah, I do have action on Thursday Night NFL Football:

Everyone knows New England rarely loses back to back games, but this year they have a serious problem with their defense - as in, they don't have one. If it weren't for a miracle TD against Houston with 30 seconds left on the clock two weeks ago, the Pats could easily be 1-3. Tom Brady and the offense is clicking away as normal, ranked #1 overall in the league. But like I said, the problem is with their defense. They are ranked last in the league in Total Defense, last in total yards allowed per game and second to last (above just Indianapolis) in points allowed per game. Their defense is basically nonexistent.

NE will be the traveling away team playing on a short week, so they will have less time to recover and prepare. I don't see how their defense will be able to cover both Mike Evans and DeSean Jackson. Against the spread, I like Tampa Bay at home getting 5.5 points. I think it will be a high scoring close game. I've yet to mention, Tampa's defense isn't that great either, hence why I think it will be a high scoring close game and hence, I'm also taking the OVER. I think the total points will be in the neighborhood of around ~60-65 points or so. There's a 40% chance of rain early in the night with winds 13-25 mph. That might have an affect, but I'm still thinking high score.

Whoa, now this looks like a pretty good pick. For me, its not so much  that I believe in Tampa Bay or anything, for me it's the fact that I don't trust New England's defense . We all know Tom Brady can keep them in a game no matter what, but I'd say if Tampa Bay can capitalize on an interception or two, they have a very good chance of winning. So junko, im gonna follow this pick of yours good luck.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:43:40 PM

Whoa, now this looks like a pretty good pick. For me, its not so much  that I believe in Tampa Bay or anything, for me it's the fact that I don't trust New England's defense . We all know Tom Brady can keep them in a game no matter what, but I'd say if Tampa Bay can capitalize on an interception or two, they have a very good chance of winning. So junko, im gonna follow this pick of yours good luck.

Thanks, man. Tampa Bay isn't an elite team or anything, but like you said, NE's defense just can't be trusted in this spot. The Tom Brady magic factor is always in effect, but I just don't see how they can be favored by so many points given their defense is so poor, not to mention they are travelling and playing on a short week. Tampa Bay will also be getting RB Doug Martin back from suspension so that will add another dimension to their offensive attack. At the very least, they should be able to keep the score close and that's all we'll need. Thanks, again. Good Luck to both of us.
Junko (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 05:24:06 AM

Thursday results (pick and odds in bold):

New England Patriots @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers +5.5 (1.948) - Win +0.948 bet units (Betslip)

New England Patriots @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Over 55.5 (1.986) - Loss -1.00 bet units (Betslip)

Well, New England finally found their defense. We still won our straight bet against the line, but we lost our Over bet. Some college picks coming up. Stay tuned...

Monday Total: -0.052 bet units
Cumulative Total: +6.557 bet units
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: