Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:45:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO regulation good or bad?  (Read 31491 times)
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:21:49 PM

I believe ICO regulation which is good to protect their investors from the scammer because there are many ICO scammer here in crypto space who stoling the investment from many investors. The people are not going to be afraid in the ICO to invest because it is real project.

The scammers are thriving, because conditions which encourage such behavior has been created in the world of cryptocurrency. The ICO promoters are able to accumulate millions of USD in funds, without going through any sort of regulations or auditing. In such conditions, obviously we can expect a flood of the criminals and lean minded people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goks22

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:33:47 PM

Basically, in the cryptocurrency market only ICO and need to be regulated, this will be a very good sign. A lot of scammers are present on the ICO market, so they need to be strictly controlled!
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 01:38:20 PM

More and more countries are planning to regulate ICOs. China, Canada, Russia,... I think this in an development nobody can stop. Do you think it is good or bad that ICOs will be more regulated in the near future? What positive and negative influences will it probably have?

I think there will be more investors like professional managed funds or even retirement funds which will invest into ICOs. The prices for ICOs will then become even more expensive and make it more difficult to make profits for small investors.

I think we should do away with ICO once and for all, it's broken that it's hard to fix, let's just concentrated on a better crowdfunding platform and let's make it worth and safe for investors and projects.
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 02:06:26 PM

Basically, in the cryptocurrency market only ICO and need to be regulated, this will be a very good sign. A lot of scammers are present on the ICO market, so they need to be strictly controlled!
Yup, correct if the ICO investment still in the crypto world and continue to provide investments then it should have regulations for us to have assurance even if we don't do proper research about it. Market regulation is not belonged in here cause it is another topic and it can change everything if it is regulated.
I guess ICO's will not stay longer and will be replaced by other investment like IEO so we don't really have to worry about it, in my opinion.
Chika08

Activity: 544
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 02:11:54 PM

i will strongly recommend a regulation on iCOs to avoid scams and bad investments. I have seen that we need regulations on blockchain to stop many evil acts from taking place and that's the only way sanction the defaulters
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 05:13:18 PM

I think that with the new regulations in ICO, it will have a positive impact on the project itself and also the investors who want to join. on the other hand it can prevent scammers who are increasingly rampant for their personal interests.

ICO does and upcoming will not have much regulation for it, because even with crypto there is not much regulation for this market, so pump and dump are of course things
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 05:23:44 PM

Of course, on the one hand, the regulation should be in order to limit fraudsters,and all sorts of speculators,but sometimes these regulations go very sideways,and thus the neoborot very distort the reality,and do not give people and earn,and sometimes projects because of this bend

Aksiyon1

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 05:34:38 PM

That is really good news. ICO is a super-profitable investment and also carries many risks, can lose money if the scam project. In doing so, scammers can hardly create a project or a currency that is not worth attracting investors. So, find out carefully before investing and should only invest in capital within the range of solvency, do not borrow interest, repair assets to invest.
3core

Activity: 152

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 11:32:37 AM

ICO regulation has its own advantages in my own opinion because it will help to reduce scam projects that's currently rampant in cryptocurrency industry, it will also to reduce a lot of low quality projects.

ceteris paribus
/ˌkɛtərɪs ˈparɪbʊs/
immortal4now

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:11:16 PM

If the ICO is regulated, people will immediately start to return there, because there is not enough regulation for the ICO, because there are a lot of crooks in the ICO

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
Icologies

Activity: 994

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 12:16:16 PM

If the ICO is regulated, people will immediately start to return there, because there is not enough regulation for the ICO, because there are a lot of crooks in the ICO
ICO is full of scams, for me investing in ICO is very dangerous for our money currently there are more qualified and promising IEOs so it is better to invest in the IEO than at the ICO

ljane

Activity: 467

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 09:14:26 PM

There will always be pros and cons. ICO regulations has its advantages as well as disadvantages but I think its good side will be more  because there will be limited scammers in the crypto business and things will be well organized.

I’m me
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 09:43:50 PM

I think ICOs regulation is exactly what is needed in the cryptocurrency market presently because the scam rate of most ICOs is very alarming but this will reduce drastically if regulations come into play, and projects have to go through several regulatory checks before they can start raise funds.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:22:02 PM

Yes it is very much needed. Cause we saw that in last few years the icos are mostly scammers. Most of the icos scam people took their money band disappeared. Some of them did very well as ICO stage but when it comes to product they failed to deliver anything. So in this situation ICO regulation is much needed. We should stop this scammers. But now ICO treand is going down and IEOs are the next gen fundraising. And for IEOs it's not possible to scan people atleast which ones are big.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:41:21 PM

Regulating ICOs is bad to those who make it as a form of milking cow or for scamming purposes, since it is involve a lot of money for investment. Being decentralised does not mean that it is also be an anonymous, ICOs is synonymous for crowdfunding and IPO for stock, market where investors and traders are regulated and with accordance to the law.
This will be a disadvantage for scammers, if regulations will strengthen the security and screening for those who are qualified campaigns to enter the market that will be good. They will pass through a funnel and will probably decrease the deception. Those who are working right and just can be tranquil.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
mrSamuel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 01:06:18 AM

Unfortunately, now there are a lot of scammers, so the regulation of ICO is necessary in order to ensure the safety of investors.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
cryptonight9631
Copper Member

Activity: 140

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2019, 10:34:10 PM

Ico regulations are good because they were filtering out some bad ico's potential ico's that are manifesting in the ecosystem. It is good that we see some ico's remaining that we can conclude that it was legit.

sowns

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 10:41:38 PM

Depends on the type of regulations. If it’s effective at stopping scammers, then who am I to complain?
bitstalker

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2019, 11:25:27 PM

in my opinion, if it is regulated it might be good because in the future, it will definitely be filled with serious projects, whereas if it is not regulated, maybe the scammer will be more willing to volunteer, so it will be better if regulated
cryptonight9631
Copper Member

Activity: 140

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2019, 10:47:21 PM

Depends on the type of regulations. If it’s effective at stopping scammers, then who am I to complain?
If the regulation was ment for scammers it was definitely good. Because we can ease our worries for our funds. Because we didn't earn our funds for free, so we must make sure that we gain good profit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: