Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:12:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of CryptoCurrencies  (Read 2206 times)
Mahonias (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:28:39 PM

Hello, This is my first post within the general forum area. I am happy to be a part of such an important community. I don't have to convince anyone here of the importance of Crypto-Currencies. I am curious what some people think about the future of these currencies. Do we consider them commodities? I am curious if Bitcoin/Litecoin/Namecoin/etc will ever be traded on an open market much like currency exchanges or NYSE. They are currently traded on an open market but the transfers are limited to payment systems that can be difficult. My question is this: Does anyone believe that Bitcoin will be traded on a massive level alongside other currencies like the Euro, U.S. Dollar, etc? If this happens than Bitcoin could likely become the worlds largest digital currency. However, until Bitcoin can be adapted to large-scale physical dollars or coins they will remain a digital currency. They are obviously much more secure than credit cards and financial market holdings. I hope that Bitcoin can become more of a liquid asset. That would change the game indefinitely. The more liquid the currency the more available it becomes and the transactions become easier. Anyways.... I appreciate anyone's insight into this matter as it will help me decide whether to invest in Bitcoin for the long haul. Thanks!

See you on the other side,

Mahonias Mavrostomos
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:17:57 PM

http://evoorhees.blogspot.com/2013/05/bitcoin-2013-role-of-bitcoin-as-money.html

This is Erik Vorhees' speech from Bitcoin 2013 last weekend - I highly recommend reading it and at least his next-most-recent post.
Mahonias (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:48:22 PM

Thank you! It is a very interesting article. Lots of good information here
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:39:08 AM

Thank you! It is a very interesting article. Lots of good information here

Of course! An open mind is one of the best assets when it comes to Cryptocurrencies and there's a great number of very helpful people and resources around here.  Bitcoin grows every day through shared knowledge!

As to one of your other questions about exchanges, I would direct you to https://btct.co/faq one particular example of a Virtual Currency Stock Exchange.  Here you can put some of your BTC holdings and buy shares of stocks/bonds/funds that are typically BTC-based.  There are other sites that do similar, but it's very cool.
Lorren

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 12:44:53 AM

I think that he was talking about Forex, but BTC-TC is pretty cool.  I bought my first shares of BTC stock earlier this week.

Who knows where Bitcoin will go?  I hope that it will do well.  I do agree that Bitcoin will become more accessible as it becomes easier to convert BTC into fiat and back.  OR if BTC becomes dominant over fiat and people get paid with BTC rather than fiat.

BitcoinLove Bitcoin products on Zazzle.
BTC:  1BaRWVFD927cfDcCfxn9vhJn2L6ZKKNSP1
Mahonias (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:34:53 AM

Bitcoin and others are very good investments in my opinion but I have no idea as to how high the price could go. I was suprised to see Bitcoin go from 13$ to almost 150$. Lately I have been more interested in Litecoin. I will check out that coin exchange site. Thanks!
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:26:26 AM

The "value" of bitcoins is in "losses" that must be "regained". Nothing more. Just like with any other item of value.

I pay you a dollar to do work, that I also had to work for, to get that dollar. (Almost redundant, paying you for work with a token that represents the work I just did. It is like a race torch... Here take this, now go do what I just did, but do a little more than I did!)

There is a large supply of coins now, and only moderate demand. When you buy a coin, you are buying some person's "losses" that were collected as overhead of processing or holding or theft or trade. EG, if I lost $100 making 1BTC, I NEED at-least $100 back, but I MIGHT accept $90 or $80, if I am pressed for cash... Or, I may decide, my losses of time, holding the loss, justifies another +$20, thus, now demand $120, because I am sure my future coins will be less, my future losses will be greater, or I am just greedy like that.

You will notice the price rising now, but a lot less people "buying" the losses/coins. So it is safe to say that $110 is the "true value", as of now. However, to the new ASIC's, who operate faster, and with less loss, they will be able to sell for less, and make more. Since they do not have actual "losses", after cashing-in on our losses. Thus, leaving a lot less people needing/wanting to buy, thus, further driving the price down as they drive us (the ones with the real losses), out for a "true realized loss".

Unless they do some heavy promoting of bitcoins to increase "other people buying them", they will be holding a dust-coin. Because those of us who leave (the ones with the loss), will not have anything to purchase coins with. And we already have a large supply in our hands that can't be sold for what we lost.

The future for bitcoins is near an effective end. The volume just isn't there to support it anymore, and the losses are reaching the point of no return for those who invested. However, other alt-coins have a potential that will suffer that same fate in time, but are on the upward path, nearing the value of bitcoins. This will continue until the "issues" can be worked-out, and those issues do not seem to be looked at, just accepted as, "the way it is". If that never changes, then the markets will continue to rise and fall, and consume one-another, and us in the process. The market itself has no losses, it is only us. Which is why the market exists and thrives in the first place.
MaryCris

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:48:21 AM

The emergence of cryptocurrency has sparked a debate about its future. Despite some issues, its success since its 2009 launch has inspired the creation of alternative cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum. A blockchain of cyrptocurrency that is not just a simple ledger. It can execute codes that enables you to specify the conditions under which a transaction will
occur which is called "Smart Contracts". Smart Contract will be executed without any outside interference, and will even happen regardless ofthat fact that something might happen to a computer on the distributed database. Blockchain technology is indeed the future.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:26:11 PM

This very interesting. Nice one.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:35:11 PM

Hello, This is my first post within the general forum area. I am happy to be a part of such an important community. I don't have to convince anyone here of the importance of Crypto-Currencies. I am curious what some people think about the future of these currencies. Do we consider them commodities? I am curious if Bitcoin/Litecoin/Namecoin/etc will ever be traded on an open market much like currency exchanges or NYSE. They are currently traded on an open market but the transfers are limited to payment systems that can be difficult. My question is this: Does anyone believe that Bitcoin will be traded on a massive level alongside other currencies like the Euro, U.S. Dollar, etc? If this happens than Bitcoin could likely become the worlds largest digital currency. However, until Bitcoin can be adapted to large-scale physical dollars or coins they will remain a digital currency. They are obviously much more secure than credit cards and financial market holdings. I hope that Bitcoin can become more of a liquid asset. That would change the game indefinitely. The more liquid the currency the more available it becomes and the transactions become easier. Anyways.... I appreciate anyone's insight into this matter as it will help me decide whether to invest in Bitcoin for the long haul. Thanks!

Mahonias Mavrostomos

First and foremost, Bitcoin is already traded with US Dollar, Pound, Euro, New Zealand Dollar, Japanese Yen, and so many other fiat currencies. But it is dependent on the trading site. There are trading sites that offer only Bitcoin vs. Dollar trades. But I prefer Bitcoin to be traded primarily with other cryptocurrencies. With regard to Bitcoin being a digital currency, I think it has to remain just like that because it was designed and invented to be a just like that: a digital currency.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:41:59 PM

I think cryptocurrencies will eventually be traded in ETF’s at some point. I think cryptocurrencies will be considered commodities based on the tax laws in the US. This way the government can tax the profits we make when we sell the cryptocurrencies. I think we can live with these regulations as long as they don’t ban cryptocurrencies completely and as long as we can freely trade them on exchanges. At this point it seems that the current laws are not preventing cryptocurrencies from being successful.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:17:53 AM

Having this crypto currencies in this present generation will lead us into having a single currency worldwide just like USD. And it happen that only digital currency(bitcoin) will be accepted when doing online transactions. But it doesn't mean that it would replace USD, because we also considering of local transactions made that fiat money is only accepted.
And having this two options, it can make us to have more comfortable life as we have a choice of what we have used in a certain areas.
kittie11

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 02:49:05 AM

ICO's have come a long way and continues to exceed our expectation. ICO as a new business model leveraging blockchain technology will sustain as the digital way , combining crowdfunding and a new hybrid asset class of equity ownership and currency.

The one who caught my eye is Propthereum.io. They are an upcoming asset backed coin. If you are interested in investing in ICOs, i suggest you check them out. They are expecting a 1566% coin appreciation in a short period of time.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:17:37 PM

Mahonias Mavrostomos
Well there is no doubt that crypto feature is very bright but if you are talking about other crypto so there is no chance but if you are talking about bitcoin so yes there is a very good news for bitcoin because everyone they need and support bitcoin and day by day its users are going to increase so bitcoin will survive for ever.
Adney041

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:31:28 AM

An insightful question, and even more pertinent now that everyone seems to be saying that the bubble will burst. But even if it does, will that mean the end of crypto? I think, not. We are too diversified and blockchain and tangle technology have too may applications to be broken that easily. Just take a look at what projects like AppCoins, Nucleus Vision and Naga are doing, and you will understand that our future lifestyles are well and truly meant to be run on decentralised platforms.
Jacob Oram

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:44:20 AM

When the bubble bursts you will likely see a lot of tokens and coins that were previously worth a reasonable amount go down to zilch, but a few of the major coins will still be very valuable (BTC, ETH, LTC, etc.). Then you will see a resurgence in crypto, although there are likely to be many governments who will launch regulations on ICOs, exchanges and free trading in the wake of the crash.

Boriscarter1
Copper Member

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:51:06 AM

It is 2017, 4 years after the original post, and you can clearly see that Bitcoin is on the cusp of becoming a globally traded currency alongside other altcoins. I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread, because now it seems that your question can be answered with a resounding YES!
buiting

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:51:35 PM

yes i’m talk  from future and CryptoCurrencies is best thing to investment

hope you safe more than 100 BTC OR i back to 2013 and buy 100BTC

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
catdiscinert

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:12:06 PM

Since bitcoin had been on the rise nowadays, the most probable scenario in the future is that this type of currency will be the next big thing to the point where the world might revolve around it (it might happen!). Nonetheless, that is of uncertainty. The only thing sure for now is that it is a good investment.
1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:41:42 PM

Mahonias Mavrostomos

If you understand fiat and crypto, you don't touch fiat anymore

It's all in btc, bch and xrp

You have a floor trader account to trade

You have offline storage to hold

You need some dough, you use cash and not coin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: