Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:10:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Speculating A Bad Thing?  (Read 1527 times)
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:00:08 PM

Speculation is both good and bad, there is no easy way to say this but that is the truth my friends.
Speculation sometimes help pump the price of certain coin when people hear some great news about that very coin.
In the other hand, speculation may also be used to create "Fake New" to destroy or dump certain coin by competitors or big whales.

You can look in to this from both angles. And this is true its good and bad.
But this is just opinion if you look little bigger yours/mine/his/hers and in the end it will be like we want to hear it or read it. You can take this or that speculation what you want cuz in the end speculation is form of a theory without any hard evidence.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wexnident

Activity: 2506
Merit: 665

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:33:52 PM

Admit or not, we are all speculators here. And it is just a logical thing to do...why would you invest your money and time if you think that it would not grow or it would just remain the same? All of those people criticizing Bitcoin because of its speculative nature are people who are actually afraid to jump into the water and get wet.

We who are brave enough to jump and get wet in the process are the people who will get benefited when Bitcoin can soon land in the moon...it is just a matter of holding into it and never get tempted to cash-out.

Speculating is not at all a bad thing as to be honest this is one of the many factors why we have people getting into Bitcoin. Will this speculation lead to that dread bubble as shown by other historic bubble collapse in the past? Only time can tell but I do believe that Bitcoin is different...comparing it into tulips seems like a bad idea and doing injustice to Satoshi Nakamoto.

But then again...am sure there are those who believe that speculating is a bad thing for Bitcoin...so give me your reasons why you think so...
Why would it be a bad thing? In the first place, it is about an individual's prediction or perspective on a certain situation. It is normal especially on things related to business. People are speculating based on the present or things that they are experiencing, as a user  I am speculating because I want all of the things to be planned. Speculations may also help an individual to avoid loss of money if he/she already predicted that it won't be a good idea.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:10:55 PM

Speculation is not a bad thing, thinking too much over it is. It's good if we have decided that we will put our money into something we believe that it will achieve the expected target some day soon, but then if we think too much and watch out every time it crashes and think to get out in panic when the price plummets with or without any reason then it's not fine at all. It's seriously great to believe, but the best part is to stick with it till we achieve it.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:05:49 PM

I don't think speculating is a bad thing because it gives us hope that our investment will really make profit but there are also those who speculates negatively so it really depends on you yourself if which of those you believe in will benefit you. And yes we are all speculators in our own way, we all have our doubts and of course we strive to make a positive effect out of these speculations and to each his own.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:18:29 PM

i don't think that speculating is a bad thing because as far as i know, with speculating we can make decision for our own price and with some analysis, sometimes our order can be filled or we can make profit. i admitted that sometimes i am using speculation when i am uncertain to determine the price.

True. Every speculation is based on single user and what he think that is good for him or her.
Speculation is something that individual user see as his/hers opinion the subject in matter. Was this price speculation or something else.

Speculation is an individual opinion in a topic and nothing to do with anyone. If you wanna believe in someone's speculation it's all up to you. It's not bad to speculate as you just trying to make a prediction in some matter. Yes sometimes it make something to hype and other people use this as a tool to make a chaos. Otherwise, speculation has no scientific basis and people just base it on what they seen and heard.

I think it's not a fair thing all about making speculations because making it as a tool for chaos is a big mistake, and unrighteous to all people. However it's agreeable that it has no basis of any reasons to be reliable and not a good source of informations which we can depend on how we decide on the situations in either ways selling or buying bitcoins. That sometime had caused the btc price to fluctuate even more which made other investors into regrets afterall because strong holders really invest and take risk despite of negative specualtions.
Speculating is normal, it will be fine to predict the value as long as we have our plans and that we believe that btc will pump as much as it can. Some were speculating too rude that they make fast decisions that will regret soon.
When you become to trader, you also are speculating because nobody can predict the price of any cryptocurrency exact in future. Therefore, speculating very normal with me, even I love speculating because it look like as try my luck.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 05:22:00 PM

Just to buy is a little speculative in my opinion. You buy because you expect it to go up and sell someday, so you "speculate" (i.e: guess) that the thing you buy is going up.

That is far from having the intention to buy, sell rebuy lower... etc. but it is speculative in some sense. You can be moderately speculative (it will go up so I buy) or highly speculative (it will go up, and then down, so I buy now, sell later, rebuy... etc.)

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:31:57 PM

There is nothing wrong of being speculative and we need to do more speculation for us to get more out of the market. Bitcoin has been doing well and for those that buy from beginning are really having a nice time now. The temptation to cash out is in all of us and self control is the solution to it.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:06:21 AM

i don't think that speculating is a bad thing because as far as i know, with speculating we can make decision for our own price and with some analysis, sometimes our order can be filled or we can make profit. i admitted that sometimes i am using speculation when i am uncertain to determine the price.

True. Every speculation is based on single user and what he think that is good for him or her.
Speculation is something that individual user see as his/hers opinion the subject in matter. Was this price speculation or something else.

Speculation is an individual opinion in a topic and nothing to do with anyone. If you wanna believe in someone's speculation it's all up to you. It's not bad to speculate as you just trying to make a prediction in some matter. Yes sometimes it make something to hype and other people use this as a tool to make a chaos. Otherwise, speculation has no scientific basis and people just base it on what they seen and heard.

I think it's not a fair thing all about making speculations because making it as a tool for chaos is a big mistake, and unrighteous to all people. However it's agreeable that it has no basis of any reasons to be reliable and not a good source of informations which we can depend on how we decide on the situations in either ways selling or buying bitcoins. That sometime had caused the btc price to fluctuate even more which made other investors into regrets afterall because strong holders really invest and take risk despite of negative specualtions.
Speculating is normal, it will be fine to predict the value as long as we have our plans and that we believe that btc will pump as much as it can. Some were speculating too rude that they make fast decisions that will regret soon.
When you become to trader, you also are speculating because nobody can predict the price of any cryptocurrency exact in future. Therefore, speculating very normal with me, even I love speculating because it look like as try my luck.

True. Traders do this all the time even in the mind they speculate what will it be, but you cannon precit how it will be every time. You guess in one of many possible scenarionr or way to increase your income. Also speculating is more better after some experience in some field or for some particular coin.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀