Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:05:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin.ie - looking for help with building the site  (Read 1912 times)
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 04:13:33 PM

It's sad how unpopular Bitcoin still is in Ireland (despite the fact that one of the first mainstream articles about Bitcoin was published in the Irish Times). I own bitcoin.ie domain and am looking for someone to give me a hand with building the website. I'm a little bit under pressure with other projects right now and could use some help with this. I would see the website to become a central point for the Irish people using Bitcoin. The help I am looking for is not as much programming as the content and stuff like that (articles, graphics etc.).

Any Irishmen around willing to get involved?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R.Hasan

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:54:04 PM

You've bought a domain name, the next part is to buy some hosting. Check out webhostingtalk.com and search the shared hosting section - the sticky threads at the top usually have decent web hosts, it'll cost maybe $5 per month to start. Point the domain name DNS to the hosting - that is the simple first step. Then you will need a program to transfer files from your PC to the hosted website. Try WinSCP or SmartFTP. Then you can download a wordpress script all zipped up from the official site. Move all the unzipped files to your website. Login to the hosting control panel and set up a database, create a user and assign that user permissions to access the database. Then go through the wordpress setup process (in the readme). You will then have a basic wordpress site, buy a cheap Logo from someone at Fiverr to start and gradually tweak your site to improve it. Start slow, publish your articles, spam them a little and then you can really think about scale. I can advise you Neal Patel's posts to learn some best practices
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: