Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:21:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is bitcoin  (Read 7908 times)
fragout (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:21:34 AM

What do you say when asked this question from a friend who has only heard its name mentioned a few times in the news and has no clue. I find myself lately taking the easy way out and suggesting google. I would prefer to give a clearer answer, but usually saying something leads to more questions and more confusion.
If someone could point me to a twitter type answer that would inform and twig their curiosity, i think it would be a better outcome.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:37:07 AM

What do you say when asked this question from a friend who has only heard its name mentioned a few times in the news and has no clue. I find myself lately taking the easy way out and suggesting google. I would prefer to give a clearer answer, but usually saying something leads to more questions and more confusion.
If someone could point me to a twitter type answer that would inform and twig their curiosity, i think it would be a better outcome.

I also tell them to google it if they want more information. Honestly it's fucking annoying when people that are clueless start making all these questions. It's going to be easy for them to just start doing some research. I tell them that it's a decentralized currency but it's better used as a store of value rather than a currency because it's honestly pretty stupid to spend your BTC on groceries when you know it's going to go up, similarly to how it's stupid to buy groceries with gold.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:47:21 AM

I think this is a thing I usually encounter when someone wants to know what is bitcoin. Some of them, they just ask out of curiosity but there are still people who would ask me because they want to invest or put their money and time on it. But I think if they are really desperate to know what is bitcoin, they will be willing to find an answer without asking me all of it. I am the same at my first time here but I did not ask my friends so much about it but I've watch a lot of videos, read a lot of article to know more about it. You must not bear their problem but you just need to guide them.
Dhaaaw

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:56:13 AM

I know right !! I'm not really eager when i hear that question, some part of me wants to explain and the other part is like no don't do it you'll confuse them even more. So in real life i usually hide the fact that i know about bitcoin and seem clueless just to avoid getting asked.
c++btc

Activity: 258

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:57:48 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized and bitcoin can be used as the mode of payment in some business and also bitcoin can be used to send some funds wherever you are whenever you want,. bitcoin is increasing the value itself,
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 11:02:25 AM

it is getting overused sometimes when a lot of my friends really don't know what is BTC that makes me stupid too. Nevertheless as for the title says you need to know it for oneself I guess that is the fundamental thing you could do to know what is this about.

Even in Wikipedia doesn't know if a group of people made the Bitcoin.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:17:59 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized and bitcoin can be used as the mode of payment in some business and also bitcoin can be used to send some funds wherever you are whenever you want,. bitcoin is increasing the value itself,

Bitcoin do not increase it's own vale by itself, because if it can do it, bitcoin will be having a great price even in it's first release. The value depends on the users of the digital currency, the more the user, the higher the value. The same with the price, the higher the demand, the higher the price.
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:58:36 AM

Bitcoin do not increase it's own vale by itself, because if it can do it, bitcoin will be having a great price even in it's first release. The value depends on the users of the digital currency, the more the user, the higher the value. The same with the price, the higher the demand, the higher the price.
Yeah but for me bitcoin is our futurr money and i hope  as much as possible people should know it early .especially to troublesome or poorpeople like me . becuase this is the answer to reduce our poverty.
The Monkey King

Activity: 284

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:30:43 PM

Bitcoin is our future money. It is also called a type of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is decentralized and can be used as the mode of payment in some businesses or stores. It can also be use to send some funds wherever you are and or whenever you want to. Bitcoin also increases its value by itself. And I am hoping that as much as possible, people must know this already, especially to those people who are lacking some money, they must work in bitcoin.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:39:36 PM

Bitcoin is the digital money and one of the thing that will become game changer in the future. Bitcoin is not controlled by anybody even the government or either an organization doesn't control bitcoin so it is completely freedom and because of bitcoin we can easily earn money without going out from our house and by just the help of the internet and our computer we can be millionaire through bitcoin.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:08:13 AM

nice elaboration mates! Bitcoin is digital currency that is invented for the online payment of the things we need to buy online in 2009 and till now the price and the demand of the bitcoin is increasing and soon it will be as high as we dreamed for. Bitcoin is a plat form in which we can get what we want we need to focus and keep patience as we are doing and trust me bitcoin is going to rock in the coming future as well so for me bitcoin is my whole life because it is a digital currency and digital currency is the need of the digital world.
Streamlink

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:06:44 AM

nice elaboration mates! Bitcoin is digital currency that is invented for the online payment of the things we need to buy online in 2009 and till now the price and the demand of the bitcoin is increasing and soon it will be as high as we dreamed for. Bitcoin is a plat form in which we can get what we want we need to focus and keep patience as we are doing and trust me bitcoin is going to rock in the coming future as well so for me bitcoin is my whole life because it is a digital currency and digital currency is the need of the digital world.
Bitcoin is basically a new crypto digital currency, which was created by some anonymous personality named Satoshi Nakamoto, I think Chinese in 2009. The starting price of one bitcoin was just 5 US dollars and now in 2017 one bitcoin is equal to almost 5000 US dollars. Bitcoin is usually used for online purchasing and payments. You can also hold your bitcoin to earn some money while the price goes high.
ameliana

Activity: 887

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:30:04 AM

I am also lazy to give an explanation about Bitcoin,when people start a lot of questions.I end their questions with answers just search on google...
TheBTCAlex

Activity: 126

Back from Vacation!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:41:56 AM

I guess I am a tech kind of guy, so I can imagine myself giving you a full explanation about bitcoin and its various features, but that is definitely not something to do here, there are plenty of threads already out there, and probably google too.
However, if someone asks me this question, I would probably give them some feature comparison of BTC and fiat (which is what most people currently use btw), and tell them about some cool features about BTC, like how there are loads of ways to earn it, its decentralized nature, and fast transactions, and how it is definitely to be the currency of the future.

ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:32:22 PM

Bitcoin is basically a new crypto digital currency, which was created by some anonymous personality named Satoshi Nakamoto, I think Chinese in 2009. The starting price of one bitcoin was just 5 US dollars and now in 2017 one bitcoin is equal to almost 5000 US dollars. Bitcoin is usually used for online purchasing and payments. You can also hold your bitcoin to earn some money while the price goes high.
Bitcoin is one of the crypto currencies known that doesn’t exist physically but have a lot significance in digital world. It found in 2009 by an unknown guy. No one expected that one day bitcoin will be famous all around the world but now the tech lovers are investing more and more in it because they know that bit coin is going to be global currency one day. Bit coins are mostly used for sale/purchase of product online.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:38:01 PM

Personally, I always tell the same story: if today you want to send $ 10 to the other end of the world, you will have to go through western union and send it will cost you 10 times the price. With the BTC, you can send money to anyone, anytime, any time, securely and instantly. And then I add that no state, no banking institution will be able to regulate this, nor even to own it, one is its own banker!
albertorma

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 11:39:21 PM

I say it is a decentralized currency that can not be controlled by banks, that you can send anywhere anytime. Explaining more would be too technical for most people. If they ask I'm happy to answer any questions, like what blockchain is, how transaction works...

Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:57:46 PM

It is a computer controlled currency that use for tradings,investment,gambling and other related needs of a individual. Thats my simple answer i dont need to explain more for some purposes. Not all people know about bitcoin and its hard to explain its because it is just a virtual curreny not real money.

xfaqs01

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:09:45 AM

Everytime a friend or someone ask me about this quesrion i always slightly answer them the basic and would refer them always to a site with more information such as coindesk.com/information

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:22:30 AM

I think as long as you can answer questions from your friends it's good because google might not give the information your friend wants. it will be easier for you to suggest him to find answers on google but it will take a long time for your friends to understand.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: