Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:01:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL] RoyalMiningCo Pool  (Read 6186 times)
roy7 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:22:48 AM

I see pool is still operational (suprising). Have you consider clearing main pool page? This text-only page looks a bit not-professional.
Maybe you also considering releasing source code of your pool for whole community?

Regards
lenny

Hiya lenny. Yeah been running this pool for about 8 months. Has been fun. I thought about making a more fancy interface, but I remember some people in the bitparking thread saying they go there because of the simple web site and they don't want the complexity some of the other pools provided on their front ends. Since bitparking has a very simple page as well and is successful in the BTC world, I figured I'd keep things minimalistic on my TRC pool.

Basically I wanted to try making a pool but it seemed impossible to succeed with a new BTC pool. Coinotron had suspended TRC for a while, so I figured I'd set up a TRC pool. My main goals were to use in-coinbase payments like Eligius, keep it all very simple like bitparking, and use the most robust payment method (DGM). Took a few weeks of coding to bring it all together.

The front end stuff is all custom, but the backend runs fireduck's sockthing which is in github. Was the same software he used for HHTT. All of the customization for DGM coinbase payment/etc have been submited as a github branch.

The luck page I worked with organofcorti on, it's quite cool I think:

http://www.royalminingco.com/luck.php

(After blocks are found it gets remade when loaded, so it might time out. If so, try it again a few minutes later. I really should automate that and only serve a non-dynamic version to visitors.)

If you click on a miner's address, you get a historical hate rate graph and some other gabs of info. Some of those tabs are slow to load.

I could do to spend time TLC time to optimize some of that and clean it up some. Recently all of my coin-related time has been spent learning how p2pool works and pondering ways to set up a useful public BTC node for people who can't/won't run a node of their own. I'm temporarily running two VRT (Vertcoin) p2pool public nodes so I have a testbed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roy7 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:49:54 AM

Thinking about cleaning up the interface some with faster page loads for most stats and maybe some better graphing options. How much history is worth storing/showing though? Do miners mostly only care about the most recent few hours to be sure their miner is working?
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 01:41:20 AM

I thought about making a more fancy interface, but I remember some people in the bitparking thread saying they go there because of the simple web site and they don't want the complexity some of the other pools provided on their front ends. Since bitparking has a very simple page as well and is successful in the BTC world, I figured I'd keep things minimalistic on my TRC pool.
I have to admit, that Bitparking pool have much better look, despite it's simplicity. Do you really need to keep info about security flaw and TRC loss back from 2013? And instructions how to connect, before anything else on website? Wink

Thinking about cleaning up the interface some with faster page loads for most stats and maybe some better graphing options. How much history is worth storing/showing though? Do miners mostly only care about the most recent few hours to be sure their miner is working?
IDK, for me 1 month of history would be enough.

Regards
Lenny

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
roy7 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:17:40 AM

I have to admit, that Bitparking pool have much better look, despite it's simplicity. Do you really need to keep info about security flaw and TRC loss back from 2013? And instructions how to connect, before anything else on website? Wink

Nope. I need to clean it up. Maybe I'll make that my project this week. Smiley Just got a bit lazy I guess.
roy7 (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:20:55 AM

Regards
Lenny

I also have to admit I hadn't been to bitparking in a long time, the current page is very clean and clear. It used to be more like a wall of text like mine, lol. Wink
roy7 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:42:03 PM

It has been a fun year but given the ever increasing difficulty of TRC, and the pool continuing to remain small, I'm thinking about switching the port to be a public p2pool node. That would drastically reduce the variance for anyone who does mine on it. Right now even when one or two of the 200GH miners join the pool, it can take a very long time to find blocks. Unfortunately I think the vast amount of TRC hash power still just mines with Coinotron.

Thoughts if any of the regular miners who mine when TRC is more profitable than BTC happen to follow this thread?
roy7 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 04:13:11 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 12:46:07 PM by roy7

I'll be using this thread as a support/contact page for my pools/nodes/etc in general moving forward, not just the TRC pool.

So an update on the p2pool nodes is that the interface has been updated to show recent blocks as xAxis additional plot lines, and if you scroll down to your username you can click it to get a miner-specific page that will show only your own address hash rate graph as well as your total share value plotted over time.

The BTC/VTC nodes show recent block xAxis lines as I think I'll stick with it, the UNO node shows them in front of the graph data for comparison. However I think having it "in front" of the rest of the data is a bit ugly?

Feedback appreciated, and any suggestions for the interfaces you'd like to see I can try and implement. I intend to work on a transaction history to your payment address soon (like on Eligius' stats pages) and maybe some other ideas too.
roy7 (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:42:54 PM

I've not been around the forums or active with bitcoin for a few months, so I think I'm going to wind my projects down. The cost for the various pools/nodes are running about $170/mo, and for a hobby I've kinda set aside, that's a bit much. Smiley

The biggest project was the TRC pool but given the .0001 value these days, it's probably not worth keeping open either. It's been a fun 14 months, but for now I'm going to put everything into hibernation. Good luck to all.
E-TARD

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 05:26:49 PM

sad to see it go
I really liked this pool.
thanks for making the pool roy7
& take care roy7  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: