Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 01:19:33 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining illegal ?  (Read 21164 times)
Gotottack

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:36:40 PM

The question confronting us varies per State or jurisdiction. In my country, if there is no law against it, it is legal for all intents and purposes subject to some local ordinances if there are any. To date, there is no law against the Bitcoin mining business, hence, it continues to operate legally for all intents and purposes. Perhaps, to be wiser about it, you should only concern yourself about the countries that directly and/or indirectly affects your business. Anything over and beyond it is a bonus. Good luck!

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
,CoinPayments,
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stugots2

Activity: 98

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:37:23 PM

as long as (once its sold for $$) its claimed on taxes.

if you go outside and find a radio antenna and sell it on ebay your supposed to claim the profits TECHNICALLY lol
Domineum

Activity: 41

Domineum - Your Homestead on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 02:25:27 AM

Depending where. In Venezuela, Ecuador and Russia can get you in troubles. In the rest of the world is totally legal

LitovalYT2

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:48:58 AM

I know mining is a great source of earning bitcoin with some hardware stuff but i am not sure about one thing is mining is illegal in all country ? Like in my country mining is not  legal i just wanted to know why its not considered as legal work ?

DO NOT! not mine bitcoins is not illegal although I have to say that in some countries this is prohibited, but for this is the mine in the cloud is easy legal from anywhere in the world .. you do not need knowledge about handling the machines of wowing etc. is recommended but if you know how to do it and in your country it is not illegal because luck thank you for reading xd; D

Good luck with your problem friend !!
iamMhew

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:14:07 AM

I know mining is a great source of earning bitcoin with some hardware stuff but i am not sure about one thing is mining is illegal in all country ? Like in my country mining is not  legal i just wanted to know why its not considered as legal work ?

i think, mining is not the reason why your country considered it a illegal work, the main reason is BITCOIN is illegal/not yet accepted/banned for some many reasons that we dont know about in your country. like in my country and based on my experience mining is totally legal work that can provide a profitable source of income like me as individuals who wants to earn money.
malikusama

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:06:40 AM

Mining is legal in most of the countries i know, your case is the rare one because you are from Bangladesh where bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are illegal still now.
May be your government is not well aware of its use and importance or they are afraid of it because of negative use that's why it is still illegal in your country. BTW wait for the time when your government will start realizing their mistake of banning bitcoin, soon may be it will be legalized there too.

erilook99

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:19:20 AM

yes I do not think it's legal or illegal. which is important how we intentions. if, from the beginning of ugly ya certainly many mudaraatnya. good intentions and always grateful to be given berapun also
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 462

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:37:59 AM

yes I do not think it's legal or illegal. which is important how we intentions. if, from the beginning of ugly ya certainly many mudaraatnya. good intentions and always grateful to be given berapun also

I did not understand your few words as they were not in English language. Let me tell you one thing as you mentioned about intention, there is nothing to do anything with intention when it comes under law of any country. For example if the country has banned the bitcoin or any business related to be illegal it means mining is also illegal.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
pinoyden

Activity: 154

TRUCKCOIN - The future of money has arrived

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:22:10 PM

i think there are some countries that restricts mining  and some says police are raiding their homes to hunt those miners maybe because its agains thier law just like in china they are banning bitcoins and exchanges because they think that its a hindrance to their company or maybe because those people are doing illegal things like stealing electricity because mining tends cost much in terms of electrict consumption.

The future of money has arrived   ═══▌▌     TRUCKCOIN     ▐▐═══   For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
《  ICO starts of Dec 1 st, 2017       ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+
═══════════════════     Powered by GoldenHill International     ═══════════════════
AlloyReserve

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 12:27:05 AM

Check to see if your country banned it.

Alloy Reserve, http://alloycoin.com
buxlover

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:10:29 AM

In my country mining looks completely legal because there are simply no regulations about it. If someone is having mining stuff around the people here will be very excited to see what going on because they are completely unaware of the fact that crypto currencies can be mined like this. With such country I dint think that any illegal issues will be raised in the near future. Until that time I believe people who has great knowledge regarding the bitcoin mining will be able to mine freely and at full power. ;-)

oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:23:53 AM

In most cases, bitcoin mining is perfectly legal. In a few countries, however, bitcoin mining, as well as the possession and use of bitcoin is illegal. If you live in North America and most of Western Europe, bitcoin mining, as well as possession, is not only legal, but local regulatory frameworks actually provide certain protections and basic oversight.

In many cases, bitcoin is not treated as a currency by governments, but instead as an asset or property. As such, bitcoin is afforded some legal protection, just like any other type of property. In most cases, national governments that have not outlawed bitcoin, have not passed laws regarding bitcoin mining. Globally, with only a few exceptions, bitcoin mining is generally considered to be legal.
doedz

Activity: 560

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:06:43 AM

Check to see if your country banned it.
My country is safe, and some miners have done it a few years ago.
no ban even private tv stations have covered and provided information about mine.

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄         
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄       
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███     
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄   
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀   
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀     
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀       
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                     

Sinahd1

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:58:48 AM

It's definitely not illegal. Some countries don't like it when you trade their electricity to bitcoin and the money you make doesn't end up in their banking system right now.
AR joni

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:33:41 AM

In most cases, bitcoin mining is perfectly legal. Cool
Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:51:04 AM

It's definitely not illegal. Some countries don't like it when you trade their electricity to bitcoin and the money you make doesn't end up in their banking system right now.

If you pay for the electricity you use for Bitcoin mining then they shouldn't care what you do with that electricity. The problems arise when people start to cheat using electricity of the governmental institutions for mining. Such things happen from time to time in any country, not necessarily in Russia, South America or China. In those cases it becomes illegal because basically you steal the electricity from the authorities.

albertvert

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:39:33 AM

If you pay for the electricity you use for Bitcoin mining then they shouldn't care what you do with that electricity. The problems arise when people start to cheat using electricity of the governmental institutions for mining. Such things happen from time to time in any country, not necessarily in Russia, South America or China. In those cases it becomes illegal because basically you steal the electricity from the authorities.

Ya some what right.Many Miners cheat the government ,to get more profit and to avoid the Electricity Expenditure. They can afford that with the profit. But they want more profit ,so only they cheat the government. Instead of this ,they can plant a solar panels For Mining. If so they no need to worry about Electricity.
KwabenaDavid

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:54:53 PM

Minining is a great source of earning bitcoin. I see mining to be legal and not illegal . But in some countries .. illegal mining can get you into troubles. Like Venezuala .
stylesselena13

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:55:56 PM

valentin68

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:45:12 PM

Mining is legal and also encouraged in most of countries. Just that the last week or so some people were afraid that the some important cloud mining sites (as for example Hasnest) will be denied to continue mining for western countries. I guess everything now is good and they will continue mining for everyone. As I know in all Europe (not only in Western Europe) mining is legal (I'm from Eastern Europe).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.