Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 01:30:06 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining illegal ?  (Read 24035 times)
Glory90

Activity: 154

UNIVERSA - BLOCKCHAIN FOR BUSINESS

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

Bitcoin mining is not legal in all countries.
I have read news about a country that prohibits bitcoin mining in private homes, and the reason for the ban is waste of electricity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galestorm

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:54:36 PM

Well in my country it isnt illegal to mine bitcoins. In fact there are people here who are willing to participate and work on in this kind of task.i dont know why it is illegal in your country, though i think there's a reason behind it, i just cant point it out since i dont know where you come from.

Lampaster

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:03:18 PM

There is nothing illegal in what you mined crypto currency. There are some questions about the use of coins, but that's another topic. In some corrupt countries, law enforcement authorities know about the legal vacuum and are trying to earn some money.

Vastraint

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:12:01 PM

I know mining is a great source of earning bitcoin with some hardware stuff but i am not sure about one thing is mining is illegal in all country ? Like in my country mining is not  legal i just wanted to know why its not considered as legal work ?

Different countries have different laws for different reasons. Impossible to tell without knowing what country you're in.

Because countries like that don't like the idea that there is some medium in their land that they can't regulate properly and the fear that one day their banks will be outdated and cryptocurrencies will take over the reign.
He or she might be having a hard time transacting or trading some bitcoin if btc is illegal in their country ( but he must clarify if cloud mining is legal just surf the web ).

Here is your answer if you want to know why BTC IS ILLEGAL OR LEGAL : https://99bitcoins.com/is-bitcoin-mining-illegal/

mensa84

Activity: 140

DeepOnion Investor

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:45:19 PM

I know mining is a great source of earning bitcoin with some hardware stuff but i am not sure about one thing is mining is illegal in all country ? Like in my country mining is not  legal i just wanted to know why its not considered as legal work ?

What country do you live in?
Do you have a law in the country that directly blocks mining?

It's shit. Mining is a calculation.
Any computer can get under this law, because it also makes calculations.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
albertvert

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:32:11 PM

Well in my country it isnt illegal to mine bitcoins. In fact there are people here who are willing to participate and work on in this kind of task.i dont know why it is illegal in your country, though i think there's a reason behind it, i just cant point it out since i dont know where you come from.

In my country also doing mining is legal.But I don't know why they make mining as illegal in some countries.Even our government provide some loans through the bank  for doing bitcoin mining as a business.The cost for start the mining is very high. Not a common man can Start mining with low capital.
reflector

Activity: 406

Bitlogic.cc | Fair Crypto-Betting

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:26:16 PM

Illegal can be if you steal the electricity and mine bitcoin but not the mining action itself. A barrier that could be in this case is if bitcoin is legal or not as I've heard that there are some moves from countries that first thought that bitcoin is not a legal currency, but about the mining thing I think it's completely legal and good to use, but it's bad for the environment since a lot of energy is being spent on mining!

Still there is perfect ban on bitcoin to start mining or any other services to earn bitcoin. Even I have heard the news says one of the person in US who is doing mining had been catch by the police and arrested. If we born in Japan we do not need to worry at all. Simply without any question you can invest on mining or gambling.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
████████████▀███▀████████████████████████████████████
████████████▄███▄████████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███

██        ███         ███                         ███
███        ▀▀▀  ███    ███                         ▀▀▀
███████▄   ███  █████  ███     ▄█████▄   ▄█████▄   ███   ▄█████▄
██  ▀███  ███  ███▀▀  ███    ███▀ ▀███ ███▀ ▀███  ███  ███▀ ▀▀
██   ███  ███  ███    ███    ███   ███ ███   ███  ███  ███
███  ▄██▀  ███  ███    ███    ███▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄███  ███  ███▄ ▄▄
███████▀   ███  ▀████  ▀████   ▀█████▀   ▀███████  ███   ▀█████▀
                                         ▄▄   ███
                                        ▀██████▀
||
b
COUPON CODE
[ OFIE-2AHG ]
for 100% First Deposit Bonus
|
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:37:03 PM

I know mining is a great source of earning bitcoin with some hardware stuff but i am not sure about one thing is mining is illegal in all country ? Like in my country mining is not  legal i just wanted to know why its not considered as legal work ?

Illegal can be if you steal the electricity and mine bitcoin but not the mining action itself. A barrier that could be in this case is if bitcoin is legal or not as I've heard that there are some moves from countries that first thought that bitcoin is not a legal currency, but about the mining thing I think it's completely legal and good to use, but it's bad for the environment since a lot of energy is being spent on mining!

Still there is perfect ban on bitcoin to start mining or any other services to earn bitcoin. Even I have heard the news says one of the person in US who is doing mining had been catch by the police and arrested. If we born in Japan we do not need to worry at all. Simply without any question you can invest on mining or gambling.
Then that person in the US was doing something else besides mining or was nailed for large tax evasion.

In the USA mining is perfectly legal and the IRS even has tax guidelines in place for reporting mining income. On that note - the only thing that the IRS cares about is coins converted into dollars. When you exchange to fiat it is reported either as additional personal income or if you are a LLC as business income.

-Joshua Zipkin aka Joshua Alexander leaked AMT A1 miner skype chats http://bit.ly/1Qjt6lj
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
QuintLeo

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:27:51 PM

Still there is perfect ban on bitcoin to start mining or any other services to earn bitcoin. Even I have heard the news says one of the person in US who is doing mining had been catch by the police and arrested.

They were NOT arrested for mining.
 They were arrested for some other reason - most likely Tax Evasion or Theft of Services (they might have been STEALING part or all of the electric they were using to mine with).

Nilima-Temp.

Activity: 83

VibeHub Pre-sale Aug 7-20 || Crowdsale Aug 21

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 09:45:51 PM

In my country BTC is Illegal
But, I have never heard that someone has been harassed by police for Mining BTC or Alt

Brickblock.ioTHE FUTURE OF STOCK TRADING ON THE BLOCKCHAINBrickblock.io
REAL ESTATE FUNDS EXCHANGE TRADED FUNDS CRYPTO TRADED FUNDS
TelegramFacebook ❰ Crowd Sale starts 31st of October ❱ TwitterMedium
siti25

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:23:30 AM

Actually I do not really know whether mining is legal or not, obviously until now I do not really care about it. I also do not really understand if it turns out here mining is Illegal. I will dig deeper about this so I better understand.

███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
████████████▀███▀████████████████████████████████████
████████████▄███▄████████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███

██        ███         ███                         ███
███        ▀▀▀  ███    ███                         ▀▀▀
███████▄   ███  █████  ███     ▄█████▄   ▄█████▄   ███   ▄█████▄
██  ▀███  ███  ███▀▀  ███    ███▀ ▀███ ███▀ ▀███  ███  ███▀ ▀▀
██   ███  ███  ███    ███    ███   ███ ███   ███  ███  ███
███  ▄██▀  ███  ███    ███    ███▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄███  ███  ███▄ ▄▄
███████▀   ███  ▀████  ▀████   ▀█████▀   ▀███████  ███   ▀█████▀
                                         ▄▄   ███
                                        ▀██████▀
||
b
COUPON CODE
[ OFIE-2AHG ]
for 100% First Deposit Bonus
|
btcjocan

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:34:14 AM

Bitcoin mining is not legal in all countries.
I have read news about a country that prohibits bitcoin mining in private homes, and the reason for the ban is waste of electricity

I don't think so that it isn't legal in all countries there maybe some countries that implemented strict regulations about, but to to the extent that it matters through legalities. Maybe it's a waste of electricity but more miners prefered to do it rather doing any bitcoin job, and one of the reasons why miners is there is due to profitable income which it will provide to the users.

Sarah Teylore

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:51:31 AM

How do i mining?
Bonakid

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:53:31 AM

Actually I do not really know whether mining is legal or not, obviously until now I do not really care about it. I also do not really understand if it turns out here mining is Illegal. I will dig deeper about this so I better understand.
But i think bitcoin mining is legal method, it will be illegal if bitcoin is banned in your country. But if not doing anything to earn in bitcoin is all legal and here in my country even it is not fully adopted by the government there are some people do mining, build own mining site to earn much higher profit for their future.

SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:57:53 AM

But i think bitcoin mining is legal method, it will be illegal if bitcoin is banned in your country. But if not doing anything to earn in bitcoin is all legal and here in my country even it is not fully adopted by the government there are some people do mining, build own mining site to earn much higher profit for their future.
Also here in my country lots of bitcoin users build their own mining site, and i do not know if that is legal or illegal but i do not see any problem on that instead it will helps to increase the supply of bitcoin. And me i also planning to build my own mining site to give me additional income while i am sleeping. Since i have plan to focus in bitcoin next year.

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
redectro

Activity: 58

Steemit - @redectro

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:29:14 AM

In some countries, crypto mining is considered illegal, i've heard that south korea have banned bitcoin mining, also china banned ICOs. The laws are getting stricter, but i don't think it will get too bad for another 5 years or so.

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 994

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:45:47 PM

Which country do you mean to view mining as illegal ?. My information mentions that mining is a legal act and currently no one prohibits this action, including the state government. There should be a clear statement because without an official statement from the government then the government does not have the authority to do so.

██████████.......█████......
████████████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
████....██████...█████████....
██████......██████████...█████████....
█████......██████......████....██...█████████....
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
███...................█████████████████.███████████...
███..███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
██████......███...███████████...██████████.
██████......██.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
btcboss71

Activity: 84

HIBEGYB MTO-sale Aug 9-50 || GTRUJDSAGR Aug 61

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 11:27:19 PM

In most of the countries are Allowed Mining.
there are a few countries where you can be it is unlawful.

Brickblock.ioTHE FUTURE OF STOCK TRADING ON THE BLOCKCHAINBrickblock.io
REAL ESTATE FUNDS EXCHANGE TRADED FUNDS CRYPTO TRADED FUNDS
TelegramFacebook ❰ Crowd Sale starts 31st of October ❱ TwitterMedium
carlfebz2

Activity: 588

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:37:18 PM

No its not, as long you do pay the consumption of electricity on mining operations then it should be fine.I cant see any reasons for government to prohibit bitcoin mining which we can really say that this thing would really matter on how your government do treat bitcoin.Ive heard back in the past that there are countries which do prohibits on having a mining farm,i just forgot what place it is.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

MostafaGamal

Activity: 252

Ecf.digital

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:28:47 PM

yes in some countries like Korea but most countries allow mining without any problem , but i think if next few years we will face some problems because the bitcoin will get more spread .

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.