Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 09:06:23 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is mining illegal ?  (Read 23067 times)
dejectedstream

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:57:49 PM

I know mining is a great source of earning bitcoin with some hardware stuff but i am not sure about one thing is mining is illegal in all country ? Like in my country mining is not  legal i just wanted to know why its not considered as legal work ?
It should be considered legal...but ofc everything is legal as long as you don't get caught!  ^.^
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
golekcepot

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:49:36 AM

Which became the real illegal object, not its mining, but the resulting coins that are considered illegal. Then, anything related to bitcoin is definitely considered illegal.
katsube

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:19:29 AM

How is it not legal? No one can say that mining is illegal. After all, you make money by creating your own efforts.
tmawheba

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:37:27 AM

Nothing is illegal unless until you make it against the government or with harming people. when you are doing things transparently mining is not illegal. Mining is not that much easy and it need lot of hard work as well investment also.

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
CryptoChandler

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:25:43 AM

Haha thank goodness its not illegal, I would for sure have to say that it might be "weird" at first learning about something so new. A lot of my friends and family that begin to learn about mining think that I am crazy and that it is a waste of time. For sure look into learning more about mining though!
MOTHIT

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:56:02 AM

When you are looking for legal and illegal aspects I strongly believe that mining is not illegal. As mining need lot of effort and investment which you have to do with transparency and legal money only and you are not doing against your country or your society so that believe that mining is not illegal.

Hannahanto

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:35:01 AM

I know mining is a great source of earning bitcoin with some hardware stuff but i am not sure about one thing is mining is illegal in all country ? Like in my country mining is not  legal i just wanted to know why its not considered as legal work ?
All governments are yet to accept bitcoin as a legal currency. My govt has accepted it as a legal crypto currency, of course yes, mining bitcoin would be also legalized as bitcoin is allowed as legal. It would be certainly the same as other countries. If btc is not allowed, mining bitcoin is not allowed as well. If btc is allowed, yes   based anything on bitcoins, allowed.

fanbeila

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:30:26 AM

Just simple.Any country which does not want its citizens to use bitcoins declare mining as illegal.By declaring mining as illegal,they hope that they could lessen the circulation of bitcoins within the country.

In india,its not illegal but still mining is not widely done here even though its a neighbour country to china which is dominant in mining.

In venezuela too,police arrest people if found mining bitcoins for using electricity illegally and money laundering.But still,venezuelans still mine bitcoins with precautions since cheap electricity is available and their currency is very volatile.

Belkaa

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:32:02 AM

As far as i know, In most cases, Bitcoin mining is absolutely legal. In a few countries however, Bitcoin mining as well as the possession and use of bitcoin is illegal. If you live in North America and most of Western Europe, mining as well as possession is not only legal , but local regulatory frameworks actually provide certain protections and basic oversight. However, Bitcoin is not treated as a currency by government, so there may be minor amendments in its work
banut

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:46:02 AM

Mining is not a illegal activity. Illegal means you are against your country / government rules and regulation or it is harmful to the human beings make lose in wealth or health it in my concept. Others what they think I don't know so far if I am not doing wrong thing it is legal for me so mining is legal for me in all aspects.
rxone

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:07:14 PM

So far as I know Mining is legal in all countries.

Nevertheless you have to be aware of tax-related points.

All the best
qwertybit

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:18:08 PM

as long as you pay taxes it is not illegal  Smiley
Snub

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 10:24:35 PM

Mining is not legal in all countries, it's legal only there where cryptocurrencies are legal.
But even if cryptocurrencies are legal in your country - you have to pay taxes if you use them. If you dont pay taxes - it can be dangerous for you. Be aware of that.

NEUROMATION

▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
    █▄     
    ███▄   
    ██▀██▄ 
█▄   ▀  ▀██▄
███▄      ██
██▀██▄    ██
██  ▀██▄  ██
██    ▀██▄██
██▄     ▀███
 ▀██▄  ▄  ▀█
   ▀██▄██  
     ▀███  
       ▀█  
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
....Distributed Synthetic Data Platform for Deep Learning Applications....
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Reddit YouTube Medium
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
Collectorcoin

Activity: 28

Collectorcoin 1st ICO with Pre-Market Acceptance

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 02:23:15 AM

It is only illegal if your country has outlawed crypto currencies.

Collectorcoin 1st ICO with Pre-Market Acceptance
dx_twisted

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 11:33:53 AM

If mining in your country does not yet regulated by the government, like passing laws which prohibits mining coins or banning the use of crypto for such payments then it is still legal to mine bitcoins.

In our country, it is not yet regulated and one of our top businessman here supports bitcoin which leads into creating our own local bitcoin wallet in which we can reload our mobile phones (prepaid), pay utility bills, tuition fees and the like.

The only way I think it will be illegal, if I am mining using other source of electricity, such as tapping my main generator into other generators which my electric consumption won't reflect in my electricity bill, hence theft/stealing. The result is that I may be jailed due to my actions but they won't confiscate my hardware, as there is no law passed yet regarding to mining.

aboy24

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:42:03 PM

Bitcoins mining is made for legal to those country support bitcoins too. No reason why mining makes illegal so many server online good mining server and many miner love and invest of own hardware of thousand and thousand dollar today. Thats the one bitcoins is high price in the market. Many country illegal mining because of many scam online like payout not recieve of prople who mine there site.
blankz13

Activity: 71

https://www.facebook.com/shamim.ansari.7334

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 01:23:41 PM

Mining isnt illegal! lol who the hell told you mining is illegal?
Mining is just like any other hardware function! just like most other hardwares produce some kind of product/stuff!
Mining produces bitcoins, which has a value just like those products!
So i dont see how mining can be termed illegal!

-Just my thoughts

ATHENA - ICO
Increases trading revenue with emotion monitoring + patent!
WEBSITE
rxone

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:48:55 AM

The legality on bitcoin and other crypto currencies depends on where you are and what you wish to do with it.
MrZ28s

Activity: 320

Hybrid Exchange

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:04:59 PM

I heard there are some countries that makes crypto mining as illegal. But generally it is not really illegal unless there is an official word from your government prohibiting it. Just make sure to pay the bills religiously.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
BitcoinDiamond

Activity: 28

Nope.

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:28:43 PM

Everyone that see's my rigs asks the same question, "is that legal?".  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.