Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 06:52:07 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you willing to return BTC to the sender address if they accidentally sent it to your wallet?  (Read 979 times)
RedX

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:04:42 AM

I do not have any obligation to return any missent  bitcoin to my address so I won't. Unless someone can contact me and verify the address belongs to him and that amount of coins was wrongfully sent to my address.

I agree.  If that is below 1 btc, I will just thank God for him/her stupidity. But if that more that 1 btc or lets say 20 or 40 btc then I would probably panic for my safety. It might be from a huge illegal transaction and they will try to find me to get it back.

Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
romecheo

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:20:39 AM

Yes, if the amount was worth to return back to sender and won't cause me a lot of extra payment.

if the amount was less than 1000 satoshi then I have to send it with less cost transaction fee which is more slow before confirmation.

and if the amount was 20Bitcoin, let me think about it. Just joking, I will for sure. because I know the feeling of accidentally losing

valuable things, and haven't a chance to get it back.

kotajikikox

Activity: 126

INS ecosystem

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:30:58 AM

yes iam willing send back to the owner of the bitcoin, because honesty is very important to get respect of people, but i can't return the same value because the deduction of transaction fee is not my obligation.

Al Amin

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:26:20 AM

Yes I will return it, but chances are I cut it for the cost alone. Because we have no right to have the bitcoin.

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
GregorVarga

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:30:08 AM

i'm not that lucky Tongue...but i will send it back  Wink Wink Wink
audaciousbeing

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:31:05 AM

I believe in a saying "Honestly is the best policy."
We should always tell the truth, even when it seems as if it would be useful to tell a lie. Those sayings or proverbs could make the world a better place than you know. If that would happen to me honestly I will send it back to the sender address but I have to wait 24 hours for any confirmations and verifications about payments from campaigns but if the ammount is not matched with the campaign payment or any activities I participated that is the time to send it back to the sender address. Even though I need money because I am a less fortunate and unemployed I will still return the ammount. But if somebody accidentally sent 1 satoshi to my BTC address I would rather say thank you for sending that ammount because fees are higher than the said ammount. What I mean is that as long as the BTC sent to my addresses can handle the fees then it is possible for me to send it back. Grin How about you guys?

There is nothing wrong in sending the amount back as I would gladly do it. There is no point earning what does not belong to you when the amount itself cannot end your financial needs for the rest of your life. However, if its going to be a satoshi where the cost is even more than the amount sent then there is a problem because the practicability of that happening is equally slim. With that being said, honesty is a key virtue that must be imbibed whether online or offline.

Noilee

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:43:50 PM

Yes, because i understand they got wrong to send from their wallet. I believe that doing good things is you bless more. Because this is also a part of their life and very important having bitcoin to them. They work hard for it to earn, and so we need to bring it back to the sender. I willing to return bitcoin to the sender because i know the feelings to lose most valuable things and it feels good when we return her bitcoin.

joganuts

Activity: 219

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:49:33 PM

Yeah, I would just deduct the transaction fee.
I also think the same way, but we should also consider how the people would ask us to return the wrong send transaction. Because in the first place you do not do anything wrong , it his or her responsibility to take action to the mistake he or she actually done. So it is the best thing to deduct the fees for you to not waste your money on someones mistakes.

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:50:47 PM

Yes. Definitely. I don't want to get ill-earned coins in my account. I am not religious or anything, but I believe in ethics and morals. And I had a good upbringing in my childhood, which means that I can't steal anything from anyone.

coin_1122

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:55:08 PM

I think that is good by sending back to the person who sends the Bitcoin because as human being we have to send it back because we don't know for what purpose he is sending the money. Suppose it is an urgent issue means it might cause a lot of damage to him.

shimbark123

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:55:32 PM

Of course I am willing to return the BTC. But I really do not think that it will happen :/ A bitcoin address is a complex thing, meaning that it has variety on his own. It is not a class number in your classroom saying that the next of Boy number 11 is boy number 12. And the teacher might give an object to boy number 12 instead giving it to boy number 11.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PECULIUM First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    PRIVATE SALE STARTED  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

> /WHITEPAPER/ANN/BOUNTY/SLACK/ <
freebutcaged

Activity: 462

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:28:19 PM

If the person turned out to be an idiot poor and out of stupidity sending me some coins I will return them all if they are less than 20 Bitcoins mate.

However if it turned out to be some rich A hole then I will return them but after I deduct more than %20 as my reward, if they are more than 20

Bitcoins then I might take %10 as my reward and then sending the rest to the real owner or the same address. I doubt if anyone is stupid enough to

Accidentally and randomly sends out their Bitcoins.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄     ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
dragonusa9

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:35:13 PM

if its really happen, i dont think that i want to sent it back the the owner.
except that smaller than 0.5BTC. because if its 1 BTC, just think about getting some lucky jackpot you cant ever hit. i will deduct the transaction fee if its below of 0.5 BTC
unusualfacts30

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:36:05 PM

It has happened to me in the past and receiver was kind enough to send it back to me. So, yes, I would send it back if someone send it to me mistakenly. It's a sinking feeling when you realize you sent it to wrong address.  Tongue

jc89

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:48:37 PM

If I wasn't expecting any btc during the time that it was accidentally sent to me then I will gladly send it back. And if I have enough on my wallet to cover for the fee then I'd gladly cover for it without hesitation. It's just that I always believe that there are still good in humanity. And to prove it, I should start in myself and pray that other people will have the same belief. We have to have empathy. Put ourselves into someone's shoe and imagine how would you feel if you're in his situation. Who knows, that btc you received might have been for someone's tuition fee, or medical fee.

▄▄▄▄████
                        ███████████
                         ▀████████
         ▄██▄            ▄███████
       ▄██████▄        ▄██████▄
     ▄████▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀    ▀████▄▄████▀    ▀████▄
 ▄████▀        ▀██████▀        ▀████▄
▄████          ▄██████▄          ████▄
█████        ▄████▀▀████▄        █████
 █████▄    ▄████▀    ▀████▄    ▄█████
  ▀███████████▀        ▀███████████▀
    ██████▀▀            ▀▀██████▀
PROPTHEREUM
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
██  ███
██  ███
██  ███
██  ███
██  ███
██  ███
██  ███

███
███
███
███
███  ██
███  ██
███  ██
███  ██
███  ██
███  ██
███  ██
WhitePaper
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN Thread

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Dudeperfect

Activity: 672

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 04:57:20 PM

Yes, I would definitely return the Bitcoins to the sender's address excluding the transaction fees but before that, I would cross check the transaction because no one knows if someone has donated you that amount for your contribution in something. I have used my Bitcoin address to demonstrate, how Bitcoin address looks on my blog in the series of 3 articles for everyone to learn about Bitcoin. I don't think if there is anything wrong in accepting such amount but one should confirm the same if possible.

nightwishx

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:59:35 PM

I believe in a saying "Honestly is the best policy."
We should always tell the truth, even when it seems as if it would be useful to tell a lie. Those sayings or proverbs could make the world a better place than you know. If that would happen to me honestly I will send it back to the sender address but I have to wait 24 hours for any confirmations and verifications about payments from campaigns but if the ammount is not matched with the campaign payment or any activities I participated that is the time to send it back to the sender address. Even though I need money because I am a less fortunate and unemployed I will still return the ammount. But if somebody accidentally sent 1 satoshi to my BTC address I would rather say thank you for sending that ammount because fees are higher than the said ammount. What I mean is that as long as the BTC sent to my addresses can handle the fees then it is possible for me to send it back. Grin How about you guys?

Of course. indeed it is tempting if the value is great. eg (1-2BTC). but honesty is an important and good thing. I think we'll get the replacement as soon as possible.

MostHigh

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 05:00:43 PM

You have to send it back to the person definitely if the amount is higher than the transaction fee just deduct the fee and return the amount. It might happen to you and it is rather unfortunate

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █         [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]         █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
xSkyer

Activity: 140

Need Campaign Manager or Polish translation? PM me

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 05:31:37 PM

This is a really good question. Now, it's easy for each of you to say that you would return money back. But what would you do if you were barely making for a living? Then it wouldn't be so obvious.

▄     PROPTHEREUM          ASSET BACKED PROPERTY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN     ▄     PROPTHEREUM    
▌   CROWDSALE STARTS 20 NOVEMBER 2017   ▐     WhitePaper     ANN Thread     Facebook     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
aretebit

Activity: 84

All that glitters is not bitcoin

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:13:59 PM

If someone asked me to do so because he was mistaken and proved it, yes I would. But if not, why have you return a tip or a donation? Maybe a whale or santa claus want to spread some happiness.

Dirty evil government thieves: Return me my money!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.