Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 12:55:22 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you willing to return BTC to the sender address if they accidentally sent it to your wallet?  (Read 982 times)
sunsilk

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:30:28 AM

i think it depends on how big the amount is. If it is very big, i will be tempted to keep it myself haha
Even if so, I'll just send it automatically back to the original address.

do NOT do this.
i know you are trying to be honest and pay back what doesn't belong to you but as others said the address may not even belong to the sender so you both will lose the coins!

next time you withdraw from an exchange or a gambling site or your coinbase wallet if you have any of these, check the sending addresses and you can understand why we say do Not do it. the sending address does not belong to the sender.

Whether it doesn't belong to him or not but the bitcoin came from that address, it doesn't matter to me.

What if I'm in that situation which is impossible that I had sent it to the wrong address that owns by other people.

Possible that they'll do good thing to me too.

▄▄▄▄████
                        ███████████
                         ▀████████
         ▄██▄            ▄███████
       ▄██████▄        ▄██████▄
     ▄████▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀    ▀████▄▄████▀    ▀████▄
 ▄████▀        ▀██████▀        ▀████▄
▄████          ▄██████▄          ████▄
█████        ▄████▀▀████▄        █████
 █████▄    ▄████▀    ▀████▄    ▄█████
  ▀███████████▀        ▀███████████▀
    ██████▀▀            ▀▀██████▀
.PROPTHEREUM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
malboroman

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 07:32:27 AM

Definatly will return, minues transaction fee.

Sex is simple.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:44:45 AM

I believe in a saying "Honestly is the best policy."
We should always tell the truth, even when it seems as if it would be useful to tell a lie. Those sayings or proverbs could make the world a better place than you know. If that would happen to me honestly I will send it back to the sender address but I have to wait 24 hours for any confirmations and verifications about payments from campaigns but if the ammount is not matched with the campaign payment or any activities I participated that is the time to send it back to the sender address. Even though I need money because I am a less fortunate and unemployed I will still return the ammount. But if somebody accidentally sent 1 satoshi to my BTC address I would rather say thank you for sending that ammount because fees are higher than the said ammount. What I mean is that as long as the BTC sent to my addresses can handle the fees then it is possible for me to send it back. Grin How about you guys?

If it is a very huge amount and I have the chance to return it, of course I will return it. It's not that easy to earn bitcoin and so is any money. I will really feel guilty for keeping it myself. I believe in karma. It's a negative response so probably a negative situation will also happen to you. By being honest, it will really make you feel good, so good vibes will come into you so you will be lucky then.Smiley

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 1960

Nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:10:02 AM

If only returning BTC "to the sender address" meant you weren't accidentally sending it to someone else's wallet, and/or rendering it totally unrecoverable by the rightful owner...

deejhay

Activity: 126

for future

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:42:31 AM

Accidentally sending btc is quite hard to imagine, it may only occur to person that knows you and your btc address so you got no choice but to return it but if somebody really does accidentally send btc to my wallet, then i wont return it haha Cheesy

richmcrich

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:12:17 AM

Well no one will answer this question honestly in my opinion. The best option is always to return back, but it all depends on the amount a person has received by accident and the scenario that person is in. If its 1000 btc, the person will be tempted to disappear cuz that will be a life changing amount for him, especially if he is in bad times. So there are multiple things involved here leading to a decision. It's not a simple yes or no answer imo. 
I read a line in an article long ago but it is still carved in my mind. It said,
"Friendship and Money: Oil and Water".
That means, money is no one's friend. Honestly speaking, I would return all the amount if I came to know somebody has sent it by mistake even if it was 10 times greater than the amount you mentioned.

███
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████████
          ██████████████████████
                         ████████
         ████████████      ███████
          ███████████        █████
            █████████        ██████
                █████         █████
                █████         █████
                █████        ██████
                █████        █████
                █████      ███████
                █████    ████████
                ███████████████
                █████████████
                ██████████
IDivi ProjectI
  ◤
  ▶
  ◣
❖❖❖ THE FIRST ❖❖❖
USER-FRIENDLY CRYPTO
  ◥
  ◀
  ◢
ICO
◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Oct. 27th - Nov. 23rd
  ◤
  ▶
  ◣
♦ Whitepaper
♦ Telegram
♦ Website

Adbitco

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:54:32 AM

These are not common occurrences and honesty demands that if anything like that happens to any of us we should return it to the sender but the reality is something different. It's easy to say and show how honest you are but it's quite difficult to practice honesty. I don't doubt anybody's honesty but it's not always easy for most of the people to remain honest especially when there's none to verify it.
CONANEDO

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:05:57 AM

i will return the BTC to the sender address because i will not take the money i don't deserve.if suddenly someone send me BTC i will not feel comfortable.i don't accept donation,because i have the ability to make my own money.don't worry i will send back to you.
batako

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:48:43 AM

I will feel guilty forever if I do not return money that is not my right. I will return the money sent to me by mistake even if the sender does not ask for it.

SKRILLA DAILY FANTASY ESPORTS
TOKEN SALE PRESALE OCT 20. RECEIVE 50% MORE TOKENS
TOKEN SALE | BOUNTY | TELEGRAM
citizenh-ssd

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:48:45 PM

If I honestly answer this question, I would leave the bitcoins in my home and consider this a good gift from the universe for my good deeds. And the sender next time would carefully look at the address of the purse.

prtty2gal2

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:26:48 AM

If only returning BTC "to the sender address" meant you weren't accidentally sending it to someone else's wallet, and/or rendering it totally unrecoverable by the rightful owner...
No because the sender is not really the owner of those bitcoin. So if is guaranteed that the sender will direct you to the right owner then I will definitely send it back to its owner and not the sender. Because if I send it to the sender it means that the real owner may not recover it forever.

And the other thing that for wrong transaction the sender is responsible. The owner should recover all his bitcoin from the sender.

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
   ▄████▄             ▄█████████▄
 ▄████████▄         ▄███████████▀
███████████       ▄██████████████
▀██████████▄  ▄▄▄ ▀█████████████▀
  ▀███████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
       ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▀
        ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀▀
       █████████████████
        ▀██████████████▌
    ▄████▄▀██████████████▄
  ▄████████▄▀█████████████▌
 ████████████ ▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▄███▄
 ▄██████████▀        ▀▀▀▄███████▄
  ▀███████▀             █████████
    ▀▀ ▀▀                ▀█████▀
                           ▀▀▀
XENIO

......BLOCKCHAIN FOR GAMERS......
▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   REDDIT   FACEBOOK   SLACK

Singbatak

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:44:09 AM

I have never experienced any bit of receiving bitcoins from another wallet. Because it does not really happen because every bitcoins address has a unique distinction even when we've accidentally replaced a word that the processor will not accept and say Invalid Bitcoin Address. But if this happens I do not know what to do I need money and I first look at the situation before I take action

mothergodness

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:55:57 AM

Accidentally, bitcoin will be dispatched almost impossible, and I would not return it back. Maybe someone decided to make a gift and I will accept it as a gift.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.