Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:54:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDCOIN @ Cryptsy! YAY  (Read 6453 times)
Lebrick

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:33:20 AM

electric bills always get paid when you know what you're doing

/agree

You see I'm differant. I see my electric bill as my investment. I pay that with the earnings from my job and keep all my crypto on crypto. So I can wait all year If I have too. Although im only using 750watts If My psu is maxxed

/agree

Trade Rep: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210453.0 | Cryptsy Ref link: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=541

BTC: 1NK92Y1gr3bJ4pxPARKrHmpi5qaSoFjBBE
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:33:55 AM

Happy to talk to the creator, a miner, anyone who wants to represent the pro case for the coin.

You picked a fine example but feathercoin would be an better case of a successful shady coin launch.
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 05:35:03 AM

Feathercoin is on the list too, you guys just appear to have one right in the initial stages of taking newbies money, and also seems to be a more obvious scam with the amount pre-mined and the very fast exchange integration.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
Lebrick

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:35:03 AM

Happy to talk to the creator, a miner, anyone who wants to represent the pro case for the coin.

You picked a fine example but feathercoin would be an better example of a successful shady coin launch.

Even Ripple would be better for you to interview

Feathercoin is on the list too, you guys just appear to have one right in the initial stages of taking newbies money, and also seems to be a more obvious scam with the amount pre-mined and the very fast exchange integration.

Forex and Crypto coins are like gambling, you choose where to spend your hashes and electricity, no one tells you or forces you to mine this coin or that coin. That is your CHOICE.

Trade Rep: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210453.0 | Cryptsy Ref link: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=541

limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:40:31 AM

I would say noobs are safe from GLD as it won't make it past the Cryptsy exchange. Everyone else should be well aware of GLD's shady history and the tools that support it.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:41:03 AM

Yes gld was premined to hell and back. Some were given away. No one is going to go through every post and add them up. Some were given away some were hoarded by the dev Im sure. Maybe not taking newbies money but deff getting them off btc/ltc mining to make it easier for the vets to mine. I threw 750khash on it overnight and got 4000. Switched back to ltc in the morning, nothing lost here Smiley
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 05:42:26 AM

woot. if someone's selling so low, I'll buy some:)
mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 05:42:53 AM

You picked a fine example but feathercoin would be an better example of a successful shady coin launch.

Forex and Crypto coins are like gambling, you choose where to spend your hashes and electricity, no one tells you or forces you to mine this coin or that coin. That is your CHOICE.

We're trying to understand what potential use coins like this serve besides being easy to mine because they're newly created.  Does GLDcoin offer *any* improvement or advantage over bitcoin or litecoin?    I get why you'd want to mine it, but I don't understand why anyone would want to buy it except being lied to about its future valuation.

limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:48:29 AM

We're trying to understand what potential use coins like this serve besides being easy to mine because they're newly created.  Does GLDcoin offer *any* improvement or advantage over bitcoin or litecoin?    I get why you'd want to mine it, but I don't understand why anyone would want to buy it except being lied to about its future valuation.

It's all about a small community trading BTC back and forth, that's it. These ALT coins most likely have no future use and will be worthless in the near future. I'm pretty sure most people here understand that.
kr4x (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:49:42 AM

who wouldn't want to mine a coin named goldcoin...
Vikerus

Activity: 56

Learning something new everyday.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:56:50 AM
Merited by IMZ (10)

I wouldn't worry about the dumps cause that is just the nature of what happens when there is high block reward in the beginning. The actual spread of the currency has to happen now. If someone wants to make money on GLDcoin the only way is to put in the work to create a back bone for it's value. Which means creating venues where GLDcoins are accepted. This could be something as simple as a payment system in a game where you buy in game currency for GLDcoins. Simple little things like this add up quickly because it spreads the user base around.

If you want to know what GLDcoin has over others. It's that if you provide the environment for it to grow the coin will hold its self up. The name is also very clever because gold is a timeless symbol for money. Meaning it's very easy for people of all ages accept "gold"coins over lets say... "feather"coins ect. As a legitimate token of value.
Lebrick

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:58:20 AM

Every single Alt-coin/Scam-coin/W.E.-coin now is a small step forward in helping us to learn about the bitcoin protocol better. Why do we have so many different smartphones on the market? they all do the same thing, text/call/web/smartphone stuff etc. Its all about competition and getting people to like this coin over that coin. Competition is what drives things forward.

In regards to it improving or having an advantage over bitcoin/litecoin it doesn't do any of those, as i said it helps us to understand the bitcoin protocol better. Even if the devs plans is just to pre-mine it and then dump it, if the community likes that particular coin then they will continue it on even after the dev has done a runner, an example is Gamecoin.

Buying it is like buying any other alt-coin really, your unsure if its gonna be worth something or not.

I wouldn't worry about the dumps cause that is just the nature of what happens when there is high block reward in the beginning. The actual spread of the currency has to happen now. If someone wants to make money on GLDcoin the only way is to put in the work to create a back bone for it's value. Which means creating venues where GLDcoins are accepted. This could be something as simple as a payment system in a game where you buy in game currency for GLDcoins. Simple little things like this add up quickly because it spreads the user base around.

If you want to know what GLDcoin has over others. It's that if you provide the environment for it to grow the coin will hold its self up. The name is also very clever because gold is a timeless symbol for money. Meaning it's very easy for people of all ages accept "gold"coins over lets say... "feather"coins ect. As a legitimate token of value.

Well explained here too  Grin

Vikerus

Activity: 56

Learning something new everyday.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:59:00 AM

I would say noobs are safe from GLD as it won't make it past the Cryptsy exchange. Everyone else should be well aware of GLD's shady history and the tools that support it.
What shady history lol.

Don't be like that.
thekidcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:00:12 AM

The price at the moment means nothing because the idiots dumping their GLD for so cheap will be bought out, and then when people wasn't to buy GLD, they will have to pay a higher price.

Just the fact that its on an exchange is good enough.  The price will go up, eventually.

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
whitedragon

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:00:21 AM

Ok maybe choosing which new crypto coin to mine is kinda like gambling...but trading Forex?  Forex is only like gambling to people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing.  I hate this comparison.  I've been a full time forex trader for 4 years.  I've said it before, I'll say it again....I guarantee you there is NO WAY I could pay my bills for 4 years sitting at a roulette table 5 days a week.

Sorry, back to topic...

This coin started with 200 blocks worth 10,000 GLD each.  That is 2,000,000 coins that were minted in about 4 seconds.

To put that in perspective, DCG has only minted about 400,000 coins total

It is a miracle the price is as high as it is.  This is a worthless coin.  Get out now while someone is still naive enough to buy

where is your proof? stop crying already and move on

http://gld.block-chain.net/block/e39be079a4e57af79f63edb2726bdcb401ae520fa5b5328bbeab185b5b3d636e

Click on next block over and over and cry yourself a river.  Every one of those 10,000 coin blocks will be going up in a firesale

these were used for bounties and to spread the wealth, now you got anything new to say?

Irrelevant.  That enormous float of coins, minted in seconds, will all be going up for sale.  Where do you think someone got 100,000 to unload at .00000000000009 or whatever ...

I mine 10,000 coins a day with my hashing power, so it wouldn't be hard to mine 100,000 coins in 10 days....

Fenican, I tried arguing this point in another thread and got nowhere.  Some people still believe that somehow their faith in something can override reason and evidence.
Lebrick

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:08:52 AM

Ok maybe choosing which new crypto coin to mine is kinda like gambling...but trading Forex?  Forex is only like gambling to people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing.  I hate this comparison.  I've been a full time forex trader for 4 years.  I've said it before, I'll say it again....I guarantee you there is NO WAY I could pay my bills for 4 years sitting at a roulette table 5 days a week.

Sorry, back to topic...

This coin started with 200 blocks worth 10,000 GLD each.  That is 2,000,000 coins that were minted in about 4 seconds.

To put that in perspective, DCG has only minted about 400,000 coins total

It is a miracle the price is as high as it is.  This is a worthless coin.  Get out now while someone is still naive enough to buy

where is your proof? stop crying already and move on

http://gld.block-chain.net/block/e39be079a4e57af79f63edb2726bdcb401ae520fa5b5328bbeab185b5b3d636e

Click on next block over and over and cry yourself a river.  Every one of those 10,000 coin blocks will be going up in a firesale

these were used for bounties and to spread the wealth, now you got anything new to say?

Irrelevant.  That enormous float of coins, minted in seconds, will all be going up for sale.  Where do you think someone got 100,000 to unload at .00000000000009 or whatever ...

I mine 10,000 coins a day with my hashing power, so it wouldn't be hard to mine 100,000 coins in 10 days....

Fenican, I tried arguing this point in another thread and got nowhere.  Some people still believe that somehow their faith in something can override reason and evidence.

Haha yes forex was a bad example, if you know what your doing  Grin but yes crypto and gambling same same.

mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 06:09:41 AM

Every single Alt-coin/Scam-coin/W.E.-coin now is a small step forward in helping us to learn about the bitcoin protocol better. Why do we have so many different smartphones on the market? they all do the same thing, text/call/web/smartphone stuff etc. Its all about competition and getting people to like this coin over that coin. Competition is what drives things forward.

In regards to it improving or having an advantage over bitcoin/litecoin it doesn't do any of those, as i said it helps us to understand the bitcoin protocol better. Even if the devs plans is just to pre-mine it and then dump it, if the community likes that particular coin then they will continue it on even after the dev has done a runner, an example is Gamecoin.

Buying it is like buying any other alt-coin really, your unsure if its gonna be worth something or not.

So, the problem with your analogy is that you can call any cell phone from any cell phone.  Cryptocurrencies rely on the "network effect" in order to be effective, think of each alt-chain like a language - If nobody but you speaks the language, it's not very useful.  If everybody speaks the language, it's incredibly useful.   If everybody already speaks one language, and it's working fine for them, there is no reason to learn another language unless it offers some kind of tangible value over the one you're already using.

Telling me "Gold" is a good naming convention is, and being happy with that as it's only selling point is.... really odd.... In sales we call that a "marketing gimmick" - It doesn't actually mean anything, it isn't actually true, but it gives the impression of value where there is none by associating an unrelated product with something people associate value with.

I agree some alt-chains have the potential to teach us something about how Bitcoin works, but I don't see what coins like this do outside of try to sucker dumb money hoping for a price pop.  As mentioned before, I know why Miners want to work with something like this - It takes little time, little effort, and has very large upside when it's getting more difficult to mine real chains.    So want to try and explain this again with some actual reasons?

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:21:51 AM

So, the problem with your analogy is that you can call any cell phone from any cell phone.  Cryptocurrencies rely on the "network effect" in order to be effective, think of each alt-chain like a language - If nobody but you speaks the language, it's not very useful.  If everybody speaks the language, it's incredibly useful.   If everybody already speaks one language, and it's working fine for them, there is no reason to learn another language unless it offers some kind of tangible value over the one you're already using.

Telling me "Gold" is a good naming convention is, and being happy with that as it's only selling point is.... really odd.... In sales we call that a "marketing gimmick" - It doesn't actually mean anything, it isn't actually true, but it gives the impression of value where there is none by associating an unrelated product with something people associate value with.

I agree some alt-chains have the potential to teach us something about how Bitcoin works, but I don't see what coins like this do outside of try to sucker dumb money hoping for a price pop.  As mentioned before, I know why Miners want to work with something like this - It takes little time, little effort, and has very large upside when it's getting more difficult to mine real chains.    So want to try and explain this again with some actual reasons?

I applaud you for bring logic to the alt coin section. Just letting you know it wont get you very far here. Enter ........fud.....bashing......virus accusations.......... scam accusations..... LET"S TALK BITCOIN WAS PREMINED!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: OH YA FORGOT BIG RED LETTERS ALL IN CAPS Smiley
kr4x (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:23:11 AM

say what? YOLO
mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 06:25:39 AM

Well,
Right now we talk to about 4,000 people twice a week about the ideas, projects, and people powering Bitcoin and are growing at a very fast rate.   If you're a miner who wants to profit by mining these coins, it's in your best interest to try and convince me not to shine a spotlight on your altcoin and tell everyone all the reasons I think it doesn't make any sense as anything other than a scam.

Your choice, I wanted to give the opportunity to respond.  If nobody wants to talk, we'll be pushing up the release date of this story to next week since I won't need to schedule interviews.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: