Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:20:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDCOIN @ Cryptsy! YAY  (Read 6455 times)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:27:10 AM

It's not so much trolling, but stating the truth.

Goldcoin will die like the millions of pump and dumps that came before it. There's nothing that you Goldcoin fanboys can do about it.

As soon as difficulty adjusts and all the for profit miners hop off your chain, the network will take hours to days to get any confirmations, and everyone will soon forget about Goldcoin.

how bout a bet? Bitcoin equivalent of 100 USD? you in?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 10:42:17 AM

Goldcoin will die like the millions of pump and dumps that came before it. There's nothing that you Goldcoin fanboys can do about it.

As soon as difficulty adjusts and all the for profit miners hop off your chain, the network will take hours to days to get any confirmations, and everyone will soon forget about Goldcoin.

I would agree with you, if the miners who are supporting the GLD network were making profits. But, interestingly, it seems that there is a lot of mining going on for other reasons.

You are putting all emphasis on profits and price right now. The coin is only 10 days old.

Look at the history of BTC : people mined for a year or so with no appreciable price at all: Why did they do that ?

In all honesty I do not predict what will happen, but there may (perhaps) be some different dynamic going on here.

We will see.
kr4x (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:09:24 AM

its not all about profit.. keep that in mind
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:24:01 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 11:47:20 AM by AZIZ1977

If we were in for the profits we would not still be giving away thousands and thousands of coins which we could sell on the exchange.

WE ARE GOLDCOIN.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:44:40 AM

smartest thing you guys can do is keep it to just one exchange atm, volumes good there, when alt coins move to multiple exchanges trading volumes drop.
bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:05:31 PM

the chart was up to .001 BTC / Goldcoin two times. Very great maybe in a few days or weeks it will go higher than that and stabilized.
kr4x (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:11:20 PM

the chart was up to .001 BTC / Goldcoin two times. Very great maybe in a few days or weeks it will go higher than that and stabilized.

damn I wish I had put in some sell orders for that price, would have got lucky
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:29:06 PM

You're wrong.
Who ever said anything about mining for a profit? I for one am mining for the altcoin, not for money. I'm even gonna get a better GPU (which I wouldn't have done in 6-12months) right now to help support it. I'm sure there are quite a few others who are doing the same.
I've already said this before
It will only die, if we let it die Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
qwep
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:43:10 PM

It seems to me that the coin dies
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:59:52 PM

Those spikes have very little to do with actual market movements and more with the way this particular exchange (Cryptsy) functions.

Normally, if the lowest sell order has a price of 1 (arbitrary units for simplicity), and I place a buy order at price 10, the order is executed at the price of the lowest sell order (1) and the difference (9) is refunded. The trade is then booked in the history-logs as having occurred at price 1.

Cryptsy doesn't do this and instead tries to match the price as good as possible. So if a sell order for price 10 exists and I place a buy order at 10 on Cryptsy, I get it for that price, even though much cheaper sell orders are available for me. This is then listed as a trade at price 10 and causes a huge spike in the price graph.

In case of GLD, the spikes happened with very low volume trades. Either someone made a typo (easy to do with the number of zeroes in alt-coin prices) or just did a trade like this for fun to mess up the graph.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 01:25:24 PM

You're wrong.
Who ever said anything about mining for a profit? I for one am mining for the altcoin, not for money. I'm even gonna get a better GPU (which I wouldn't have done in 6-12months) right now to help support it. I'm sure there are quite a few others who are doing the same.
I've already said this before
It will only die, if we let it die Wink

+1.  Absolutely right !

Tell the whingers and money-grabbers where to go.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 01:27:37 PM

smartest thing you guys can do is keep it to just one exchange atm, volumes good there, when alt coins move to multiple exchanges trading volumes drop.

Good Point.  Cryptsy is fairly good in fact. I like the function.  I have so far bought 400000 GLD there in about 100 trades.
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:31:06 PM

Good Point.  Cryptsy is fairly good in fact. I like the function.  I have so far bought 400000 GLD there in about 100 trades.

that are a lot of coins. I am also trying to buy more.
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:16:33 PM

If we were in for the profits we would not still be giving away thousands and thousands of coins which we could sell on the exchange.

WE ARE GOLDCOIN.

So again, I keep asking and have yet to get a response

What does GLDCoin do better or different than other currently available and more popular cryptos? 

I understand that you guys like it because it's easy to mine and you're in it early, but why would anyone want to use it if they weren't mining it or expecting the price to continue going up because more people are speculating in it?   We call that the "Greater Fool" theory - it works until you run out of greater fools.

If you were in it for the profits, you'd be doing everything you can to convince people that there is opportunity - Like for example giving away GLDcoins so more people are invested in it succeeding, because they got coins for free and if they go up in value it will pay off for them.

One last time: Outside of getting GLDcoins on the cheap and hoping they go up in value, WHY would ANYONE want to use this over other already existing chains like Litecoin? 

Last time I'm going to ask, I'll just assume you have no answer if nobody answers again.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 02:23:07 PM

WE ARE GOLDCOIN.
One last time: Outside of getting GLDcoins on the cheap and hoping they go up in value, WHY would ANYONE want to use this over other already existing chains like Litecoin?  

Last time I'm going to ask, I'll just assume you have no answer if nobody answers again.

I'm lost because if you're so into only sticking to existing chains like litecoin why even look at this thread?
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:31:07 PM

WE ARE GOLDCOIN.

I'm lost because if you're so into only sticking to existing chains like litecoin why even look at this thread?

I don't care about Litecoin, I'm asking why someone looking at this for any reason other than because they think they can sell it at a higher price after getting them for cheap/free (mining at the very beginning, or being given them by people who are)

I'm really curious and it's odd nobody will answer me.  Why WHY would anyone want to use this vs. something that is already available and more widely adopted?  I appreciate you'd rather just talk about what you think my motives are, so let me be clear: I'm a journalist and I'm trying my very hardest to understand why this is anything other than a pump and dump.  Please convince me otherwise

Does it offer any differences or advantages?

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:32:22 PM

WE ARE GOLDCOIN.

What does GLDCoin do better or different than other currently available and more popular cryptos? 

I understand that you guys like it because it's easy to mine and you're in it early, but why would anyone want to use it if they weren't mining it or expecting the price to continue going up because more people are speculating in it?   We call that the "Greater Fool" theory - it works until you run out of greater fools.

If you were in it for the profits, you'd be doing everything you can to convince people that there is opportunity - Like for example giving away GLDcoins so more people are invested in it succeeding, because they got coins for free and if they go up in value it will pay off for them.

For me it the transaction speed, seems very fast, faster than bitcoin.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:41:13 PM

WE ARE GOLDCOIN.

I don't care about Litecoin, I'm asking why someone looking at this for any reason other than because they think they can sell it at a higher price after getting them for cheap/free (mining at the very beginning, or being given them by people who are)

I'm really curious and it's odd nobody will answer me.  Why WHY would anyone want to use this vs. something that is already available and more widely adopted?  I appreciate you'd rather just talk about what you think my motives are, so let me be clear: I'm a journalist and I'm trying my very hardest to understand why this is anything other than a pump and dump.  Please convince me otherwise

Does it offer any differences or advantages?

This is actually an alt. coin with huge potential. The network seems quite stable at the moment, with a reasonable difficulty structure and GLDcoin seems to be building up a dedicated following. Despite the pre-mine the total number of coins and the reward structure should provide some longevity. Congrats to GLDcoin - this one really is a gold rush!
I hope that development continues, its clearly partly built from feathercoin, as you can see when you encrypt the wallet in the current (1st) windows version compile.

I think that Goldcoin could be popular with the masses, over some of the other alt. crypto-currencies, purely due to its name.
Doing quite well on the coinchoose.com leader board as well presently. Cool

Current profitability of BTC 163%.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:50:20 PM

WE ARE GOLDCOIN.

For me it the transaction speed, seems very fast, faster than bitcoin.

In addition to the above, i'll be honest here, it's the first coin that I can mine with my single GPU that I feel like I have a say in what happens to it.

I also happen to like the name for what that is worth.

To date I have mined ~6,000 coins, purchased ~30,000 on cryptsy, pledged and or given away more than ~7000 coins.

I don't have $1000's or $10's of thousands of dollars to throw at a mining farm to mine bitcoin or even litecoin, that money is tied up in stocks, forex and physical silver, which I am not going to touch.

In addition I like the people that are involved with GoldCoin and I get to participate and see actual results from my contributions.

Others may feel differently, Others may have other reasons why, but for me the above is the absolute truth, take it or leave it.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:03:50 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 04:22:45 PM by SaltySpitoon

*Image removed due to spamming*
-SaltySpitoon

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: