Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDCOIN @ Cryptsy! YAY  (Read 6455 times)
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 08:06:29 PM

someone want trade with me? I am searching for GLD.

You can buy GLD here: https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/30

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 09:11:21 PM

lol thanks guys, I heard that somewhere.  The question is, are you attempting to defraud people or have you just drunk the koolaid so facts don't matter?

I can personally say emphatically that I am not out defraud anyone.

Do you hope to profit from your involvement in GDLcoin?  If the coin is destined to fail because it does not pass the bar to become a mainstream coin, or have any special advantages to make it a niche coin, by what other mechanism besides finding someone else willing to pay you more than your cost.

Yes and why are stating that it is destined to fail?
Are you invested in bitcoin or any alt-coins at all?
Do you expect a return on investment if so?
Did you/are you going to ask the same questions to the bitcoin and litecoin community?
Do you ask these questions to your stockbroker?

When you introduce a new cryptocurrency, it has to be *better* than the status quo, because otherwise there is no reason for anyone not involved with speculative initial phase to ever buy or use it.  Sure, right now you guys are one big happy family all agreeing to not sell your coins because that will rise the overall value, but it's that collussion that perpetuates the fraud.  If the policy was "Ok everybody do what you want and lets see where this goes" it would be fine, and the market would reflect reality - But because many of the major players appear to have agreed to limit the supply available to the market, it means you're waiting to sell until you've profited.

So in order for you to profit, you have to sell to someone willing to pay more to you than it was worth to you in cost, which is a very low number since its a brand new alt that is just not getting a little harder to mine.  Lacking any advantages, any differences, really anything besides a 'marketable name" that means you're looking for suckers who will ignore the fundamentals (it's not any better than anything else, so it has almost no chance of being adopted because it offers no advantage to incentivize such adoption) and pay you a higher price not because it fixes any problems or has a chance of adoption, but instead because they think they too will be able to find a sucker willing to buy it from them for more than they paid for it.

You're acting like that's not how a scam works, but actually - it is.   If you hope to profit from this coin, you can only do so by getting other people to value it despite the fact there is no reason to.

I'm not saying GLDcoin is the only one, just that it by all appearances is one.  I haven't had time to look into other coins, trying to be through in developing my opinion about GLDcoin.  You guys might be well intentioned, but it's very short-sighted to say "I hope to profit" and still act like having a gentlemans agreement amongst major holders isn't collussion to keep the price artificially high.  This of course causes the greater "profitability" of the coin vs. alternatives, which encourages more people to mine it, etc.   Again, I get why you first generation miners or people who got pre-mined coins for free want to be involved - Money for nothing!   But the logic fails at that point.

I very much have these questions about every other coin, it's just that Bitcoin and Litecoin (recently) have gotten stuck in a positive feedback loop that makes these concerns fall away as legitimate utility takes the place.   it's not that GLDcoin doesn't have that same utility, it's just that mirroring it is not enough to justify using GLDcoin vs. any of the more establish alternatives.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 09:29:48 PM

lol thanks guys, I heard that somewhere.  The question is, are you attempting to defraud people or have you just drunk the koolaid so facts don't matter?

Do you hope to profit from your involvement in GDLcoin?  If the coin is destined to fail because it does not pass the bar to become a mainstream coin, or have any special advantages to make it a niche coin, by what other mechanism besides finding someone else willing to pay you more than your cost.

Did you/are you going to ask the same questions to the bitcoin and litecoin community?

When you introduce a new cryptocurrency, it has to be *better* than the status quo, because otherwise there is no reason for anyone not involved with speculative initial phase to ever buy or use it.  Sure, right now you guys are one big happy family all agreeing to not sell your coins because that will rise the overall value, but it's that collussion that perpetuates the fraud.  If the policy was "Ok everybody do what you want and lets see where this goes" it would be fine, and the market would reflect reality - But because many of the major players appear to have agreed to limit the supply available to the market, it means you're waiting to sell until you've profited.

So in order for you to profit, you have to sell to someone willing to pay more to you than it was worth to you in cost, which is a very low number since its a brand new alt that is just not getting a little harder to mine.  Lacking any advantages, any differences, really anything besides a 'marketable name" that means you're looking for suckers who will ignore the fundamentals (it's not any better than anything else, so it has almost no chance of being adopted because it offers no advantage to incentivize such adoption) and pay you a higher price not because it fixes any problems or has a chance of adoption, but instead because they think they too will be able to find a sucker willing to buy it from them for more than they paid for it.

You're acting like that's not how a scam works, but actually - it is.   If you hope to profit from this coin, you can only do so by getting other people to value it despite the fact there is no reason to.

I'm not saying GLDcoin is the only one, just that it by all appearances is one.  I haven't had time to look into other coins, trying to be through in developing my opinion about GLDcoin.  You guys might be well intentioned, but it's very short-sighted to say "I hope to profit" and still act like having a gentlemans agreement amongst major holders isn't collussion to keep the price artificially high.  This of course causes the greater "profitability" of the coin vs. alternatives, which encourages more people to mine it, etc.   Again, I get why you first generation miners or people who got pre-mined coins for free want to be involved - Money for nothing!   But the logic fails at that point.

I very much have these questions about every other coin, it's just that Bitcoin and Litecoin (recently) have gotten stuck in a positive feedback loop that makes these concerns fall away as legitimate utility takes the place.   it's not that GLDcoin doesn't have that same utility, it's just that mirroring it is not enough to justify using GLDcoin vs. any of the more establish alternatives.

This is a BS answer and you didn't answer my questions, do you have any crypto coins at all?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:39:16 PM

First we were accused of having millions of goldcoins and that were just waiting to take GOLDCoin to an exchange and dump our coins. When that did not happen now we are again accused of making deals not to sell coins on the exchange. You think everybody got his coins free, but again you are wrong. I personally and i know others who bought most of their GLDCoins on the forum and cryptsy. You can even look it up when we were buying the coins up from start.
mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 10:22:48 PM

This is a BS answer and you didn't answer my questions, do you have any crypto coins at all?

Of course, I do a show about cryptocurrency.  I've purchased Bitcoin, and been given Bitcoin, Litecoin and I think some ppcoins though I never figured out how to pick them up.  Our show is donation supported, I didn't realize it was even a question if I hold ccs

mindtomatter

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 10:23:39 PM

First we were accused of having millions of goldcoins and that were just waiting to take GOLDCoin to an exchange and dump our coins. When that did not happen now we are again accused of making deals not to sell coins on the exchange. You think everybody got his coins free, but again you are wrong. I personally and i know others who bought most of their GLDCoins on the forum and cryptsy. You can even look it up when we were buying the coins up from start.

Take a read through this thread, people acting like they support GLDcoin are flat out saying it.

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:33:10 PM

the chart was up to .001 BTC / Goldcoin two times. Very great maybe in a few days or weeks it will go higher than that and stabilized.

LOL bullshit. Had my sell order up at .00002628 for a portion of my coins hours after launch. No buys yet the price never went that high
hyoshi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:16:54 PM

Look at the blockchain, see where all the first coins went, and where they ended up.  Someone got a massive amount of coins. Millions.  And they sent them all somewhere Friday morning.  My guess, cryptsy...

I actually believed in Gold Coin and had near 200k.  Not anymore after seeing that.

The Dev mined 2 million plus, gave some away to look like a hero, then dumped them all.  I investigated on my own its easy to do.

Dump your GLD and buy Nibbles (no exchange for us yet).  Our coin has no pre-mining, insta-mining, and our release was fair.  The fairest of any.

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to help you guys out.  We'd love to have your enthusiasm on our team...
kr4x (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:19:46 PM

Look at the blockchain, see where all the first coins went, and where they ended up.  Someone got a massive amount of coins. Millions.  And they sent them all somewhere Friday morning.  My guess, cryptsy...

I actually believed in Gold Coin and had near 200k.  Not anymore after seeing that.

The Dev mined 2 million plus, gave some away to look like a hero, then dumped them all.  I investigated on my own its easy to do.

Dump your GLD and buy Nibbles (no exchange for us yet).  Our coin has no pre-mining, insta-mining, and our release was fair.  The fairest of any.

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to help you guys out.  We'd love to have your enthusiasm on our team...

nibble is a failure, leave us alone we love our gold
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 11:22:37 PM

Take a read through this thread, people acting like they support GLDcoin are flat out saying it.

The thread is getting a bit long but I must just say that your points are valid, and I appreciate you make them with respect (unlike some other posters) . Let me try and answer your queries in a valid way:

IMHO the nature of money is simply confidence that someone else will accept it from you, so, in that respect, all forms of money are in the same boat (unless they are backed by Specie ,Gold etc).

As far as technical innovations go, the block size schedule and difficulty retarget times (they are well tuned) are really the only variables that distinguish GLD from FTC....However, GLD starts from a much lower price base, so it will take a lot longer to reach the burnout stage, and hopefully by then adoption will be wide enough to stand it.

I am not in favour of buying votes in the poll, neither am I in favour of pressing another exchange to list GLD.
kr4x (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:24:22 PM

can we all just be one big happy family, I feel like I am in some kind of soap opera

PS. do I need to make you a cake for you to believe me that I support gldcoin since just saying isn't good enough
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 11:36:58 PM

can we all just be one big happy family, I feel like I am in some kind of soap opera

PS. do I need to make you a cake for you to believe me that I support gldcoin since just saying isn't good enough

The GLD community is a Happy Family !  It is fine to argue our points with intelligent posters, just a few people are not very polite. Don't let them upset you !
kr4x (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 11:39:43 PM

The GLD community is a Happy Family !  It is fine to argue our points with intelligent posters, just a few people are not very polite. Don't let them upset you !

I love having a go at some people so I can get some entertainment from this place Smiley
hyoshi

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:17:14 AM

Nibbles are worth 40x GLD.  Nibble had more miners, is worth more than GLD, and we don't want to be on an exchange (yet).  We are keeping it low profile to mine and build something first.

The dev mined 2 million coins. (He got the first 150 or so 10k blocks).  Look at the blocks, and look at the addresses, and then look at the balances. 

why do you think he posted in the noob section? 

I'll trade you 100 nibbles for 5k gold.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:34:12 AM

we don't want to be on an exchange (yet).  We are keeping it low profile to mine and build something first.

actually a smart move and something I can't get through to many of my fellow gldcoiners
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:14:35 AM

Nibbles are worth 40x GLD.  Nibble had more miners, is worth more than GLD, and we don't want to be on an exchange (yet).  We are keeping it low profile to mine and build something first.

The dev mined 2 million coins. (He got the first 150 or so 10k blocks).  Look at the blocks, and look at the addresses, and then look at the balances. 

We wish the Nibble community a lot of succes with their Nibble coin.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 02:11:14 PM

We wish the Nibble community a lot of succes with their Nibble coin.

Well said !   The market will decide which coin is better, and they can coexist without a problem. Competition is healthy.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:14:34 PM

the chart was up to .001 BTC / Goldcoin two times. Very great maybe in a few days or weeks it will go higher than that and stabilized.

LOL bullshit. Had my sell order up at .00002628 for a portion of my coins hours after launch. No buys yet the price never went that high

Yeah it did. Just because it went that high though doesn't mean your coins were purchased at that price.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 03:28:23 PM

Look at the blockchain, see where all the first coins went, and where they ended up.  Someone got a massive amount of coins. Millions.  And they sent them all somewhere Friday morning.  My guess, cryptsy...

I actually believed in Gold Coin and had near 200k.  Not anymore after seeing that.

The Dev mined 2 million plus, gave some away to look like a hero, then dumped them all.  I investigated on my own its easy to do.

Dump your GLD and buy Nibbles (no exchange for us yet).  Our coin has no pre-mining, insta-mining, and our release was fair.  The fairest of any.

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to help you guys out.  We'd love to have your enthusiasm on our team...

Nibbles are worth 40x GLD.  Nibble had more miners, is worth more than GLD, and we don't want to be on an exchange (yet).  We are keeping it low profile to mine and build something first.

The dev mined 2 million coins. (He got the first 150 or so 10k blocks).  Look at the blocks, and look at the addresses, and then look at the balances.  

The best buy order I see on your google docs exchange is 2LTC/1K Nibble. If I go and calculate the price on Cryptsy I see people are paying .67LTC/1K GLD which makes your currency worth 3x as much not 40x as much. So I'll trade you 1k gold for 333 nibbles. Then, we get into your 'premine'.... I've looked at the research and I know he didn't get it because I know others who got a few of those and I got one... also you don't even know who the dev is, how do you know he got it?
Nasty

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:30:08 PM

hahaha sh!tcoin .. i mean gldcoin crashed in value.     56.35%  of BTC.  It is even less than junkcoin.     Now you guys can stop spamming the forum and with your more or less copy of ltc made by a kid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: