Bitcoin Forum
November 25, 2017, 10:02:43 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 38476 times)
Thejesusofcrypto

Activity: 98

Professional Knife catcher

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:31:17 AM

I have a lot of skin in the game. Some people would think it was unwise to play so deeply with crypto when you have a min. wage job.

If BTC crashes back to 700. I would be F'd but I am prepared to spend a couple years waiting for it to recover. Don't invest more than you can afford to lose on one single project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
XFlowZion

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:18:47 AM

The smartest way to do when prices is falling is to catch it. Take the opportunity to buy some more. Just be sure that the coin will recover lately.
pandanaran

Activity: 66

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:04:18 AM

If I hold the bitcoin and the bitcoin price is down I still hold it, many people say the bitcoin price will be high and recovered it is evidenced from the incidence of bitcoin decrease, but I'm still confused for altcoin because I think the movement is faster, interest and pricing are hard to guess.

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
bitcad4u

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:17:09 AM

The only key and thing to do when the price is falling down is HODL stay away from your portfolio do something that is not related to trading so that you will not panic and get tempted to sell your coins.

Yes .Holding is the best thing to save your bitcoin from the panic selling and saving for the future focus.One more thing is their.It's wait for the price to reduce further and then brought huge amount of bitcoin .Because as we know the price of bitcoin will surely increase,we can sell when the price of bitcoin reaches Moon.

ZIGGER      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
A Decentralized Crypto Marketplace
____ for Localized Shopping ____
[|FACEBOOK
TWITTER
SLACK
|ICO  ▶  13th November 2017
GET YOUR 40% BONUS
IN FIRST 24 HOURS!
]      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
gabmen

Activity: 616

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:30:37 AM

If I hold the bitcoin and the bitcoin price is down I still hold it, many people say the bitcoin price will be high and recovered it is evidenced from the incidence of bitcoin decrease, but I'm still confused for altcoin because I think the movement is faster, interest and pricing are hard to guess.

Well you should never sell when the coin is at a downward trend especially for btc because recovery is certain. We keep on hearing this all the time but falling prices should be taken on a positive note.

farhaan

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:47:52 AM

Well,it would be better to hold your bitcoins even if its price falls.I think that you think that you have bought at a very high price by buying at $4,600.But remember,bitcoin is totally different from altcoin.There is no guarantee about recovery of altcoin price.So,it would be better to sell altcoins once its price starts falling.But bitcoin price would soon recover after every fall and it would only get settled in a higher price.So.just hold your bitcoins.

Shorting is a very risky task and many have lost their money by doing it.It could be only done if you surely know that bitcoin price is going to fall down.In shorting,you just sell your bitcoins at the market price and just wait for the price to fall more so that you could buy it again at a very cheap price.

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
.ANGEL TOKEN.
[]

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                 ▀▀████████▀▀

----------
Singbatak

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:54:16 AM

Just hold it. Or you can sell it for its bigger profit when the price of bitcoins has increased. When the price drops, you get a bitcoins higher. And when it's low, it's a good idea to say if you can save 1 Bitcoins at a price of 4,000 $ And when it's increased by 4,800 $ you'll have $ 800 to make the money easier if you're smart when it comes to these situations.

millgates

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:02:00 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).
If you sure that the price will keep falling, you should sell your coin, it is called cut loss. So although you are not take profit from that sell, you will have a chance to buy that coin in the lower price, when the coin prices is rise you will get profit from it, this is more apropriately called the opportunity sell

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
ICO DEC 5, 2017 13.00 UTC
WEBSITE | MEDIUM | TWITTER TELEGRAM

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
....FUNDCRU....
BLOCKCHAIN-POWERED FUNDRAISING PLATFORM

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.ex-Vormetric CTO,
ex-Make-A-Wish CEO

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
mx667

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:14:35 AM

Thats the question I have the whole time.
Bitcoin price always get higher.
I always want the price to get low, so that I can buy it.
But, what if I buy the Bitcoin, then the price keep growing low ?
Thats bad for me right ? So I dont do trading.  Grin Grin
Its really nice that bitcoin's price is getting higher and higher. As you said, it is really the best time to buy bitcoin when the price is low. When the price of bitcoin is keep on getting low then sell it already. But I don't think bitcoin's price will keep on getting low, I have observed it bitcoin has been there, even its price is getting low it will suddenly grow up rapidly and even so high. So make researches and decide for you to be so much sure.
There are a lot of coins in the market but bitcoin is the big coin according to their rate and familiarity. I agree with your saying then bitcoin rate is increasing and decreasing and due to this varying this trading is in success if the bitcoin price is stop on fixed rate or only start increasing then how people doing trading then everyone will only get bitcoin no one will sale it.

Yes, now I already now the true value of Bitcoin. I do not fear to invest anymore. Right now the only thing that comes in my mind is to invest as much as I can. As you said, I have observed Bitcoin since the price was still around $400 and it keep growing until it reach $5000. Now I have make my decision to invest in Bitcoin. It may go down, but will grow up rapidly fast as soon as possible.

ubeng07

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:48:28 AM

Well you should never sell when the coin is at a downward trend especially for btc because recovery is certain. We keep on hearing this all the time but falling prices should be taken on a positive note.

Yes exactly if the one that we have is bitcoin then you have to be positive that it will rise and the falling of its price are the chances to buy not to sell. We have to be positive anyway.

Anthonyxx

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:52:27 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

Well it depends on what kind of trading you're doing.If it's daily then you should wait for the dip and look for a buying opportunity.
Here you got much less room for mistakes.
If you're doing long term trading you should really believe in the project and increase in the value overtime,
so smaller daily price fallings shouldn't really bother you.
In my opinion bitcoin and a lot of other alt currencies fall into the latter group.
geopolisch

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:28:49 AM

If you know that you got good coins then you should buy more when others are selling and wait for correct time to sell.
There is one most common mistake made by almost all the newbies at the time when prices are falling down and that this they get panic and sell all their bitcoins. They get nothing but a huge loss at that time. So, you need to remain patient and you should not only hold your bitcoins but also try to buy as many bitcoins as you can at low prices for better profit.
ronafurw

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:03:13 AM

For me i do is because i like day trading i sell it and go back trading that if it is in a nicer condition and in a very good volume.
That is good for you but I buy coins when the prices are falling and during the start of the dip, I sell out my coins and then buy again at low price. It is a little hectic but day trading requires more efforts and attention. Now I am holding on to my bitcoin for at least next one month because I expect the value gain to be much larger than ever. I love my profession and enjoying it a lot.

pikebu

Activity: 416

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:13:16 AM

In my personal strategy of trading I do stop lost if the trend of price down for long term, stop lost or cut lost is like step on the brake while driving, it will help us from more severe accidents, but if the price is down trend just for testing the markets usually I hold the position of trading because it is just corrections of price, the finally everything depending on the strategy of trading what will be done when the prices are falling.

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

Bitcotalk

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:58:30 AM

HODL while you can...there's a lot of FUD lately and some negative news about bitcoin that trigger the dip. Some are just temporary but takes a lot of time before going normal depending on the dip. Though still volatile bitcoin already established itself. For me dip means opportunity to buy more in my portfolio. Bitcoin and alts investment is a risk after all if you don't risk you wont profit.
HODL is not always a good thing to do depending on what or why it's price go dumping like that so it's better we research why it happened like that and depend our judgement on the situation. But as recent news about bitcoin, there are still no news that will not make us hold for it since they are major enough for us to sell it out.
Lol. Who told you that holding is not a good option ?

Holding of bitcoin is the best thing you can do to your money because bitcoin is the only digital currency that keeps on increasing in prices effectively and significantly. Holding of bitcoin has made many people make unbelievable profits. You should reconsider your statement about holding of bitcoin. Even millionaires are holding bitcoin for profit.

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
ictin

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:03:39 AM

Just hold it. Or you can sell it for its bigger profit when the price of bitcoins has increased. When the price drops, you get a bitcoins higher. And when it's low, it's a good idea to say if you can save 1 Bitcoins at a price of 4,000 $ And when it's increased by 4,800 $ you'll have $ 800 to make the money easier if you're smart when it comes to these situations.
this is not smart game for smart people. we need information we need skill to track whale. We dont known price will go up or go down. Sometime it is very risky to keep hold your coin

kelinci_putih

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:13:06 AM

No need panic and hold your bitcoin or altcoin never sell it at low price, if you sell at low price you will lose your investment and it's mean will lose your money also. Wait until the price will increase again, just hold it and relax because the coins will rise up its price later on.

dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:14:30 AM

In my personal strategy of trading I do stop lost if the trend of price down for long term, stop lost or cut lost is like step on the brake while driving, it will help us from more severe accidents, but if the price is down trend just for testing the markets usually I hold the position of trading because it is just corrections of price, the finally everything depending on the strategy of trading what will be done when the prices are falling.

before cut lost, I usually try to back up with buying it when prices are lower. then when the price increases at least we didn't lose more, could even recover.
But if prices continue to decline, there is no other choice to hold. because in long-term it sure the price can be recover.

X       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo    X▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀███████
█████▀████░░░░░░▄████
█████░░░░▀░░░░░▄█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░▄████████
████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████████▀█▀██████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀████████
██████▄▄░░▄▄▄░░███████
████████░░███░░███████
████████░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░███▄░░██████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░░██████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
█████████▄█▄██████████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
X[[]]X
PrinceCaspian

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:38:09 AM

When the prices are falling then you should keep holding and do not panic sell like the others because if you will let your emotion eat your decision making then it will become impossible for you to make profit in investing or trading so if i were you, i will just keep holding and wait for the bounce back and continue trading.

gribble

Activity: 490

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:24:32 AM

The smartest way to do when prices is falling is to catch it. Take the opportunity to buy some more. Just be sure that the coin will recover lately.
When price is falling then we catch the coins is like when the knife is falling then catch it, the risk be bleed on our hands is huge due to we can not be sure that the coins will recover the trend of price is falling. If we want take the opportunity to buy the coins makes sure the trend of price is stable based on analysis technical ( because we don't know how deep the price will be falling) then wait until the price recover to sell position.

███           ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄           ███       ▀███          ▀██▄ ▄██▀          ███▀
            ███         ▄████▀▀    ▀▀████▄         ███         ███          ▀█████           ███
            ███       ▄███▀            ▀███▄       ███          ▀██▄         ▄███▄         ▄██▀
            ███      ███▀                ▀███      ███            ███       ███▀███       ███
            ███     ███▀                  ▀███     ███             ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███               ███▄██▀       ▀██▄██▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███                ▀███▀         ▀███▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███                 ███           ███
            ███     ███▄                  ▄███     ███                 ███           ███
            ███      ███▄                ▄███      ███                 ███           ███
           ███▀       ▀███▄            ▄███▀       ▀███                ███           ███
██▄▄▄  ▄▄▄███▀          ▀████▄▄    ▄▄████▀          ▀███▄▄▄  ▄▄▄██     ███           ███
▀▀████████▀▀              ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀              ▀▀████████▀▀     ███           ███
........T H E   F U T U R E.................
......................o f   B E A U T Y

▀█▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀█▄      ▄▄███▀▀▀▀
    ▄██     ▀▀▀     ▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▄ ██         ▄     ▀▀██▄
▀█▀█▀█▀▄       █▄     ▄██▀
               ▀████████
               ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

▄▄
     ▀█▀▀▀

█▄
     ███████▀▀▀
    █▄
      ▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.