Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:41:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 46471 times)
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:14:35 AM

Thats the question I have the whole time.
Bitcoin price always get higher.
I always want the price to get low, so that I can buy it.
But, what if I buy the Bitcoin, then the price keep growing low ?
Thats bad for me right ? So I dont do trading.  Grin Grin
Its really nice that bitcoin's price is getting higher and higher. As you said, it is really the best time to buy bitcoin when the price is low. When the price of bitcoin is keep on getting low then sell it already. But I don't think bitcoin's price will keep on getting low, I have observed it bitcoin has been there, even its price is getting low it will suddenly grow up rapidly and even so high. So make researches and decide for you to be so much sure.
There are a lot of coins in the market but bitcoin is the big coin according to their rate and familiarity. I agree with your saying then bitcoin rate is increasing and decreasing and due to this varying this trading is in success if the bitcoin price is stop on fixed rate or only start increasing then how people doing trading then everyone will only get bitcoin no one will sale it.

Yes, now I already now the true value of Bitcoin. I do not fear to invest anymore. Right now the only thing that comes in my mind is to invest as much as I can. As you said, I have observed Bitcoin since the price was still around $400 and it keep growing until it reach $5000. Now I have make my decision to invest in Bitcoin. It may go down, but will grow up rapidly fast as soon as possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:48:28 AM

If I hold the bitcoin and the bitcoin price is down I still hold it, many people say the bitcoin price will be high and recovered it is evidenced from the incidence of bitcoin decrease, but I'm still confused for altcoin because I think the movement is faster, interest and pricing are hard to guess.

Well you should never sell when the coin is at a downward trend especially for btc because recovery is certain. We keep on hearing this all the time but falling prices should be taken on a positive note.

Yes exactly if the one that we have is bitcoin then you have to be positive that it will rise and the falling of its price are the chances to buy not to sell. We have to be positive anyway.
Anthonyxx

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:52:27 AM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

Well it depends on what kind of trading you're doing.If it's daily then you should wait for the dip and look for a buying opportunity.
Here you got much less room for mistakes.
If you're doing long term trading you should really believe in the project and increase in the value overtime,
so smaller daily price fallings shouldn't really bother you.
In my opinion bitcoin and a lot of other alt currencies fall into the latter group.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:28:49 AM

If you know that you got good coins then you should buy more when others are selling and wait for correct time to sell.
There is one most common mistake made by almost all the newbies at the time when prices are falling down and that this they get panic and sell all their bitcoins. They get nothing but a huge loss at that time. So, you need to remain patient and you should not only hold your bitcoins but also try to buy as many bitcoins as you can at low prices for better profit.
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:03:13 AM

For me i do is because i like day trading i sell it and go back trading that if it is in a nicer condition and in a very good volume.
That is good for you but I buy coins when the prices are falling and during the start of the dip, I sell out my coins and then buy again at low price. It is a little hectic but day trading requires more efforts and attention. Now I am holding on to my bitcoin for at least next one month because I expect the value gain to be much larger than ever. I love my profession and enjoying it a lot.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:13:16 AM

In my personal strategy of trading I do stop lost if the trend of price down for long term, stop lost or cut lost is like step on the brake while driving, it will help us from more severe accidents, but if the price is down trend just for testing the markets usually I hold the position of trading because it is just corrections of price, the finally everything depending on the strategy of trading what will be done when the prices are falling.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:58:30 AM

HODL while you can...there's a lot of FUD lately and some negative news about bitcoin that trigger the dip. Some are just temporary but takes a lot of time before going normal depending on the dip. Though still volatile bitcoin already established itself. For me dip means opportunity to buy more in my portfolio. Bitcoin and alts investment is a risk after all if you don't risk you wont profit.
HODL is not always a good thing to do depending on what or why it's price go dumping like that so it's better we research why it happened like that and depend our judgement on the situation. But as recent news about bitcoin, there are still no news that will not make us hold for it since they are major enough for us to sell it out.
Lol. Who told you that holding is not a good option ?

Holding of bitcoin is the best thing you can do to your money because bitcoin is the only digital currency that keeps on increasing in prices effectively and significantly. Holding of bitcoin has made many people make unbelievable profits. You should reconsider your statement about holding of bitcoin. Even millionaires are holding bitcoin for profit.
ictin

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:03:39 AM

Just hold it. Or you can sell it for its bigger profit when the price of bitcoins has increased. When the price drops, you get a bitcoins higher. And when it's low, it's a good idea to say if you can save 1 Bitcoins at a price of 4,000 $ And when it's increased by 4,800 $ you'll have $ 800 to make the money easier if you're smart when it comes to these situations.
this is not smart game for smart people. we need information we need skill to track whale. We dont known price will go up or go down. Sometime it is very risky to keep hold your coin

kelinci_putih

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:13:06 AM

No need panic and hold your bitcoin or altcoin never sell it at low price, if you sell at low price you will lose your investment and it's mean will lose your money also. Wait until the price will increase again, just hold it and relax because the coins will rise up its price later on.

*Image Removed*
| A I R W A L L E T
    The Gold Standard of Airdrops

►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        LinkedIn        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:14:30 AM

In my personal strategy of trading I do stop lost if the trend of price down for long term, stop lost or cut lost is like step on the brake while driving, it will help us from more severe accidents, but if the price is down trend just for testing the markets usually I hold the position of trading because it is just corrections of price, the finally everything depending on the strategy of trading what will be done when the prices are falling.

before cut lost, I usually try to back up with buying it when prices are lower. then when the price increases at least we didn't lose more, could even recover.
But if prices continue to decline, there is no other choice to hold. because in long-term it sure the price can be recover.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:38:09 AM

When the prices are falling then you should keep holding and do not panic sell like the others because if you will let your emotion eat your decision making then it will become impossible for you to make profit in investing or trading so if i were you, i will just keep holding and wait for the bounce back and continue trading.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:24:32 AM

The smartest way to do when prices is falling is to catch it. Take the opportunity to buy some more. Just be sure that the coin will recover lately.
When price is falling then we catch the coins is like when the knife is falling then catch it, the risk be bleed on our hands is huge due to we can not be sure that the coins will recover the trend of price is falling. If we want take the opportunity to buy the coins makes sure the trend of price is stable based on analysis technical ( because we don't know how deep the price will be falling) then wait until the price recover to sell position.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:33:10 AM

when the price are falling, I generally try to collect the coin as a investment for profit.Because, at any time it will grow up a good profit for me
Collecting for profit is a good thing to do but still, what do you then do when it keeps going down as we are having it presently ?

It is easier to say one keeps buying but most times, it is just always better to monitor the market based on some activities going on before making certain decisions. However, in this case, holding or probably buying at margins usually help.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:23:08 PM

If you know that you got good coins then you should buy more when others are selling and wait for correct time to sell.
Just right on point! Only those holding shitty coins always end up getting scared as the shitty coin keeps getting dragged down.

That is why you just need to trust your portfolio and believe that no matter what, it is just going to bounce back. And even dips like what we are having presently is always the best moment to buy and get a huge profit once they get back on track.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:15:08 PM

before cut lost, I usually try to back up with buying it when prices are lower. then when the price increases at least we didn't lose more, could even recover.
But if prices continue to decline, there is no other choice to hold. because in long-term it sure the price can be recover.

Our point is apply rules of cut lost in trading, the technic about it based on the rules of trading every traders has different methods are like how much they be ready to lost of money because doing cut lost and when they doing cut lost and other aspects. The most important is in trading if we have made wrong position or wrong prediction, we must be ready to stop losing because of it, except if we want to be an investors for long term and we won't to be a traders.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:34:37 PM

Hodl,If you trust the crypto you bought, then you trust it will have more success, you trust it'll grow even more. The hold it until it make you rich (or you believe it reached the maximum success it could).
setting up limits and always take your profits, stop loss is always important so even the value is falling you can still get some advantage if you understand how trading works, just keep yourself organized so even its on the downside you still have the advantage. trading business is for those who understand and knows when to keep and when to let go.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:42:13 PM

Hodl,If you trust the crypto you bought, then you trust it will have more success, you trust it'll grow even more. The hold it until it make you rich (or you believe it reached the maximum success it could).
Yeah the best thing to do when find that the prices falling is buy lot of them of it because this is opportunity to acquire lot of BTC and hold it until such time that the amount will almost double, or just hold just like a treasure, because for sure you will just find how rich you are when the time come that BTC price will soar high in the future.

Beremat

Activity: 263

YGOLD is a Defi platform

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:10:27 PM

Your advice is good! But what will you do when it continues falling about 6 months or 1 year and other coins are raising up? I think that you should hold it on max 3 months. After that selling and buying other coins.

yqloop

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:20:46 PM

If you believe the price will be lower, you can sell it ,and then buy it in a lower price. However if you believe the price will be higher after a while ,just hold it. The most important thing is make good research of the alts before you buy, do not buy trash alts.
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:30:25 PM

setting up limits and always take your profits, stop loss is always important so even the value is falling you can still get some advantage if you understand how trading works, just keep yourself organized so even its on the downside you still have the advantage. trading business is for those who understand and knows when to keep and when to let go.
Create a stop-loss position is good, but you must to know the cryptocurrency markets has not the volatility like other markets as your knowledge. The volatility of the cryptocurrency market always strong and happens faster than other markets, it can changes the value of a crypto ~ thousand percent is possible, even Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency has total market cap biggest still can change 10-20 percent in few hours Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: