Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 04:27:36 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 37807 times)
Titanos

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:37:37 PM

If you want to cut you loss and wait the price to increase, you can swap your coins to Tether (usdt) when you feel bitcoin dumping for long period. It's always fixed in 1$.
When the prices begins to rise again, you re-buy bitcoin or other altcoin with your Tether.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ BRING YOUR MONEY TO LIFE ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
★★▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ STACK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬★★

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gervais_zion

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:45:08 PM

This is depends on your trading/investments strategy. If you're hedging your risks, price decrease has no strong influence on your balance. If not, you must think about affordable level of losses and control it manually/automaticaly. If you're mostly long-term investor - you will buy more when price is decreasing.
denulh

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:54:02 PM

whenever cryptocurrencies price drop down, i never sell my coin immediately, but i search for information why bitcoin or altcoins drop, from that i will make decision about whether i should sell them or keep them, many cases i patiently keep my coins and wait untill they rise again. so we should think carefully before selling or holding coins whenever the prices drop.

Website | Whitepaper
■   ■   ■   ■   ▄   ▀   ▄     ICO ▲ Nov 18th, 2017     ▄   ▀   ▄   ■   ■   ■   ■
ANN Thread      ◆      Twitter      ◆      Telegram
candy69

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:03:49 PM

Don't panic, when price is falling. Bitcoin fluctuates a lot. I think when you start trading you should use stop-loss and take-profit.

LiveEdu Pre-sale 40%: tokensale.liveedu.tv
Jelly0621

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:15:14 PM

For a time when prices are falling , it is an altcoin just wait for the coin to reach its lowest value, buy those good coins and keep it because it may rise up again. But before buying research first.
But if it is BTC, just stay calm and don't panic. Just HOLD your btc. I am holding my btc ever, and now it multiplies 8x without doing anything.

███
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████████
          ██████████████████████
                         ████████
         ████████████      ███████
          ███████████        █████
            █████████        ██████
                █████         █████
                █████         █████
                █████        ██████
                █████        █████
                █████      ███████
                █████    ████████
                ███████████████
                █████████████
                ██████████
IDivi ProjectI
  ◤
  ▶
  ◣
❖❖❖ CRYPTO MADE EASY ❖❖❖
IDesigned for mass adoption by billion of people.I
  ◥
  ◀
  ◢
ICO
◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Oct. 27th - Nov. 23rd

♦ Whitepaper
♦ Telegram
♦ Website

Python2.5

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:23:18 PM

I think you should hold. Don't panic and sell soon. Track market carefully these day before do anything..
elimi

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:24:19 PM

buy as much as possible😎😎

Icaxx

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:36:18 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).
If you have bitcoin and you convert to usd, if price down maybe you can try another option like trade btc with altcoin. Maybe you can cover your lose in btc from altcoin. Actually patience and holding are the best way.

jayhawk1

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:49:55 PM

Well, you have 3 options:

1. Cut your losses. If you have lost faith in the coin, this is your best option. Sad

2. Buy more! If you have the funds and believe in the coin, then what buy more and more as the price drops.

3. HODL! If you don't have the funds to increase your position but still believe in the coin, then you best option is to HODL. (Just forget you own it for a few months/years)

Good luck and stay safe! Tongue
Yep that’s the understanding, we buy low and sell at a high price. But I don’t think all of us usually get such an opportunity. When price is falling I don’t panic, I just leave my money there; when price is falling, it falls and when price goes high, it goes high– simple.

sugihe

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:18:49 PM

Hello. I have a folio of BTC, ETH, NEO and some alts. I've been watching at Bitcoin since 2015 but bought only at this summer (and the last move was quite bad, I bought some BTC for $4600). I try to study, watch vids, read forum and twitters. Chris Dunn has a vid on the topic but nothing really specific. I'm interested in some ideas about what to do when prices are falling.  Sell alts and hold bitcoin? Short? (and if yes, so the next question is how to learn how to short?).

Holding and patient is good way to try it if price falling. But you can do this way only for high marketcap market. If low marketcap then you hold it most likely you kill yourself.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ BRING YOUR MONEY TO LIFE ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ STACK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
●● TelegramTwitterFacebookDiscord ●●
Kikeeping

Activity: 166

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:34:21 PM

Just enjoy the price flows. In trading i think if falls, sell it. For what is preserved because it's feared to be shitcoin (word 'falling' and 'weakening' is have different meaning) Unless, if only weakened, then grasp or if you can add more portion of our investment.

haroldtee

Activity: 196

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:26:46 PM

whenever cryptocurrencies price drop down, i never sell my coin immediately, but i search for information why bitcoin or altcoins drop, from that i will make decision about whether i should sell them or keep them, many cases i patiently keep my coins and wait untill they rise again. so we should think carefully before selling or holding coins whenever the prices drop.

Information is obviously always a necessity in trading cryptocurrencies. I remember recently when BTS was dropping on poloniex and then I kept buying at dips, all of a sudden it clicked that this is an unusual dip, but before I could find out that it is being de-listed from bittrex, I had lost so much and then I just had to sell for loss at the point that I realized. I am happy I did, otherwise, the loss would have been in thousands. Being well informed, could have made me prevented the loss totally.

alekad

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:32:44 PM

As says a friend of mine, who is much more experienced trader than I am, those tho can wait those have much more chance to profit. Sometimes its efficient to close position and re-buy lower (if you feel confident to do it), and sometimes you just have to wait.
OracionSeis

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:21:23 PM

1. Cut your losses. If you have lost faith in the coin, this is your best option. Sad

2. Buy more! If you have the funds and believe in the coin, then what buy more and more as the price drops.

3. HODL! If you don't have the funds to increase your position but still believe in the coin, then you best option is to HODL. (Just forget you own it for a few months/years)

Yep that’s the understanding, we buy low and sell at a high price. But I don’t think all of us usually get such an opportunity. When price is falling I don’t panic, I just leave my money there; when price is falling, it falls and when price goes high, it goes high– simple.
Have you experienced the time of panic yet? If not, you never understand the mentality of those who traders have experienced that time, it's really creepy. You will always want to sell your coin because the price of cryptocurrency decrease every day. And it doesn't happen in one day or few days, it happens in few months or even few years is possible. Can you keep your coin while you need money in this case?

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
wozzek23

Activity: 414

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:40:16 AM

As you know these crypto currencies price changed every second. Holding your coins is a good option because waiting for their value to get increase is good option insted of selling then at low value and wear the loss.
Indeed we should wait and keep our coins when its worth falls ,  rise and fall come in every currency and it also happens with crypto currency , but to every autumn there is a spring , so a person should not give up and wait for the right moment . When the price rise again then invest it and enjoy the profit.

Veritas Mining

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
        Sustainable Crypto - Mining     
   ●Cost Efficient  ●Eco-Friendly  ●Profitable  ●Innovative   

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
■Facebook   ■ANN Thread      ■Linkedin 
■Twitter         ■Telegram          ■Slack
■Medium       ■Whitepaper    ■Reddit
rickadone

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:54:12 AM

My advise is just to buy a few of falling prices and wait until to goes up again. It takes some time for the price to recover but don't worry since it is probably worth the wait.
That sometimes can even still be a challenge. There are so many times just like recently that I thought the prices had fallen and stable and then after buying, they kept falling down the more. The thing is that the market is unpredictable, and sometimes you just have to wait for a while to be sure the coast is clear and the dumping activities have reduced before you step in, then that stage, you can just relax and watch the next level of huge profit you end up having.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
chadzscript

Activity: 56

DONE is better than perfect!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:12:08 AM

hm that is a bad news but for me if bitcoin value is falling i just need to wait until bitcoin value become high again Cheesy
KEPLER99

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:20:14 AM

My advise is just to buy a few of falling prices and wait until to goes up again. It takes some time for the price to recover but don't worry since it is probably worth the wait.
I think the best way to react in such situation is that holding the coins which you have and also if you have more fund by more of the same coins and keep faith the coins. And firstly you should invest in coin in which you have trust. I you have trust in coin you could hold them and also increase the profit in in.

This is the best way to earn when the coin is at drop. Most of the people will try to sell all of them and put there self in big loss but holding is the best option always and there is a great chance of a profit if you hold the coins.

credo_14

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:44:41 AM

It depends on the situation. Holding is very helpful but not all the time. Sometimes you need to sell your coin cheaper than to its original price to avoid the big loss.
Traslavin

Activity: 92

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:46:38 AM

A very well said sir. This three options are basic but very important rule of trading. And a most basic principle that I am applying to myself when prices of coins are falling is holding when u don't have at vmcoin to buy to add to my investments and hold when I have a coin but I see that it doesn't satisfy to exchange my coin. Holding is my very used principle in my trading, and also patience.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.