Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:21:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China's Central Bank Declares ICO Illegal  (Read 3261 times)
aron_folioninja

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 12:07:36 AM

Time to drain the ICO swamp in China?

So they are just going to employ family members now Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 314

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:24:58 AM

Big investors are in China no wonder if China can affect the market. Many of the bitcoin enthusiasts are talking about China has Declares ICO is Illegal. Not long altcoin market are mostly down. Hopefully other countries do not make decisions like that.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

tranle789

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:50:25 AM

Big investors are in China no wonder if China can affect the market. Many of the bitcoin enthusiasts are talking about China has Declares ICO is Illegal. Not long altcoin market are mostly down. Hopefully other countries do not make decisions like that.
I also hope so because I like to invest in ICO projects because it gives me more profit than long-term investment, if China bans ICO, it will affect a lot of upcoming projects and this is very difficult to accept in large countries like China
thangoffshore

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:55:07 AM

I would say that the effect of the ban will not too much, except for the orient ETH {NEO} and QTUM.

Many ICOs were not allow U.S. citizens to participate, and no one bats an eye.  Grin

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:56:04 AM

We'll likely see many countries going the way of Russia, meaning only 'accredited' investors can participate in ICO's.  Governments don't want the average person to invest in these because then they get the same opportunities as those that are stuffing their pockets with 'campaign funds.'  This stuff irritates me so much!  We finally get something that governments can't get their hands on and they're still fighting tooth and nail to get their piece.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:27:48 AM

I would say that the effect of the ban will not too much, except for the orient ETH {NEO} and QTUM.

Many ICOs were not allow U.S. citizens to participate, and no one bats an eye.  Grin

I think banning of ICO means ban to start an ICO, not ban to invest in ICO. So, basically, Chinese still can invest to ICO, be remember that the main feature of cryptocurrency is anonymity. How do we know the investor who pay in Ethereum is U.S citizen?
rafzalan

Merit: 105

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:42:58 AM

Many ICOs were not allow U.S. citizens to participate, and no one bats an eye.  Grin

I think banning of ICO means ban to start an ICO, not ban to invest in ICO. So, basically, Chinese still can invest to ICO, be remember that the main feature of cryptocurrency is anonymity. How do we know the investor who pay in Ethereum is U.S citizen?
Yes, but they said that's coin shouldn't exchanged for fiat and coins cant be used as money.
This rules makes hard for chinese to buy any coin with fiat.
I think the governments want to control money market, and they have fear loosing it by the way coins spread.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
nadrojcote

Activity: 234
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:18:25 AM

Yes, but they said that's coin shouldn't exchanged for fiat and coins cant be used as money.
This rules makes hard for chinese to buy any coin with fiat.
I think the governments want to control money market, and they have fear loosing it by the way coins spread.

I watched box mining's video today on youtube and he said this was already law in China. Tokens cannot be used as currency. Meaning you cannot purchase goods with them. Doesn't mean you can't buy them.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:20:34 AM

this is one of the best news i have love reading all true the day. ICO is 100percent illegal to me and this has been given me hitch. companies raising money thruogh ICO, for Chris sake if you want to develop or run a company you should at least have raised some setting amount money (percentage) required to run the company before calling on investor. and This ICO projects, is now one of the easiest tools scammers is now using to scam investors off their hard earn money.
To the best, cryptocurrency needs to be regulated to save investor from scammers.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:26:52 AM

the news that comes from China is always what becomes the biggest!
ICOs have been illegal in many other places so far and now China just joined them. although because Chinese are big investors in crypto markets we can say that it will have a big effect on ICOs and how they can get more funds eventually.

i also expect a lot of dumps in ETH because ICOs were the only reason it went up and now that it is over the ETH bubble can finally burst and there won't be much to keep it up now.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
rafzalan

Merit: 105

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:08:06 AM

the news that comes from China is always what becomes the biggest!
ICOs have been illegal in many other places so far and now China just joined them. although because Chinese are big investors in crypto markets we can say that it will have a big effect on ICOs and how they can get more funds eventually.

i also expect a lot of dumps in ETH because ICOs were the only reason it went up and now that it is over the ETH bubble can finally burst and there won't be much to keep it up now.
Winner will be the country that makes icos legal and regulated.
I think Singapore could be the one.
Also some icos have fined a way to be legal in usa e.g. cridit protocol (atm before pre-ico)

▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:21:22 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 04:02:24 AM by Hyperme.sh

Winner will be the country that makes icos legal and regulated.

All countries are being forced to enforce securities regulation same as was the case for FATCA. All this information is covered in detail at the following blog:

Are Most Cryptocurrencies Doomed to Collapse — because they’re “ICO-issued”?

I think banning of ICO means ban to start an ICO, not ban to invest in ICO.

Incorrect. Read the linked blog to learn about investment securities and more details. Follows is a summary.

There will be a banning of trading on the exchanges for the tokens which were issued by ICO (or any obfuscation of an ICO which is equivalent).

Tokens will be frozen on exchanges. Money will be recovered from issuers and some will be jailed. Some who promoted and/or traded large quantities of ICO-issued tokens will be fined and possibly jailed.

Use of ICO-issued tokens will be illegal because it is illegal to trade investment securities on an unregulated exchange.

I think Singapore could be the one.

Incorrect. Singapore is planning to crackdown also.
Exidous

Activity: 239

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:29:21 AM

Grin hold some coin you think good and sell all now. If China people dont like anything. the price will fall down
liatedgnay

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:32:06 AM

Chinese guys are so sad Sad
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:38:34 AM

One hour ago, the bank declares ICO illegal.
Bitcoin tumbled 7.2% to $4,530.73. Altcoins are worse than that.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-bank-says-initial-coin-offerings-are-illegal
Yes because of this declaration had made all of digital coins price went down, the most altcoins getting impact of this declaration is NEO price of NEO went down almost 40%, the other altcoins that got impact are ethereum, ethereum classic include EOS almost all of the altcoins based on dapps and smart contract (ICOs) had got this impact include bitcoins its self, although bitcoins platform is not for smart contract (ICOs projects) but it will not be long time the price will goes up again soon.
hanskan

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:42:05 AM

Well this was coming. Things were getting pretty out of hand, tens if not hundreds ICOs every week, most of them utter rubbish with no application or use. Strong will survive.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:43:06 AM

What like how PayPal did seven years ago?
Care? Did it stop you all?

It is you the scammy idiots buying them that should have banned them..
Like they used to be long ago here.. You all lowered the greedy pajeet bar fer teh ROI's  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:51:31 AM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-bank-says-initial-coin-offerings-are-illegal
Yes because of this declaration had made all of digital coins price went down, the most altcoins getting impact of this declaration is NEO price of NEO went down almost 40%, the other altcoins that got impact are ethereum, ethereum classic include EOS almost all of the altcoins based on dapps and smart contract (ICOs) had got this impact include bitcoins its self, although bitcoins platform is not for smart contract (ICOs projects) but it will not be long time the price will goes up again soon.
I am confusing just one country can be made the all digital currencies value come down in a single day. China has that much hands in the digital currency. Really great when again these currencies will be back to normal rates. I will buy some altcoins now BCH and Waves.
Benezim

Activity: 420
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:53:32 AM

Since the Central Bank of China declared all ICO to be illegal, this would mean a reduction in the release of new coins into the digital market. And as a consequence of this, part of the flow of money will be invested in old proven coins, including bitcoin and ethereum. I see no reason for panic. Perhaps all for the better.

THIS

Existing investors will focus more on the top tier coins for now, funding for all the bottom scam coins / ICOs will cease.

At the same time, influx of CNY/RMB into crypto will come to a halt, but the Chinese will come back much bigger once it is properly regulated (regulation will even attract risk averse investors then)
Sarcasm

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:53:52 AM

I am confusing just one country can be made the all digital currencies value come down in a single day. China has that much hands in the digital currency. Really great when again these currencies will be back to normal rates. I will buy some altcoins now BCH and Waves.
very terrible if ico is forbidden in china,
and I think maybe people there will protest and do not want to stay in silence
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: