Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:41:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vircurvault - Heavy Duty Virtual Currency Paper Wallet  (Read 2770 times)
infoporter (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

Hardhat Required in This Area

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 06:38:44 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 03:01:34 AM by infoporter

Ever since I started seeing some major online wallets getting hacked, and stories on the forums here about brain wallets getting hacked, I felt there had to be a better solution. Then I found paper wallets that could store Bitcoins safely with no ability for them to be stolen digitally. The only issue was that normal paper wallets can be damaged or destroyed easily with simple everyday usage even.

Enter the Vircurvault Heavy Duty Virtual Currency Paper Wallet.

We have completed initial development and testing of the Vircurvault Heavy Duty Virtual Currency Paper Wallet system. It uses the Bitaddress.org paper wallet generation tool, along with it's various forks for alternative virtual currencies, to generate a virtual currency wallet address that we then print, cut to size, fold up securely, and finally seal up with a laminating machine. This leaves you with a secure paper wallet that can be stored for years without risk of moisture damage.
                          Front                                              Back

The Vircurvault is now available for purchase with Bitcoin through BitPay, and Litecoin through our contact form currently. We are currently shipping worldwide, but please contact us first if you are outside the US. An additional shipping charge may apply. Please PM for Worldwide shipping, as we do not factor that into our pricing on Bitpay.

The Concept
  • Security and ease of use.
  • Never allow the Private Key to be able to be seen by the Internet.
  • Make a Bitcoin Paper Wallet sturdy enough for everyday, long-term use.
  • Accept Bitcoin anytime, anywhere.
  • Allow Bitcoins to be stored safely, offline for long periods of time.

Features
  • Laminated for protection against everyday usage, and moisture damage.
  • Easy access Public Address on the back to accept payments or deposit coins.
  • Private Key sealed into folded, laminated paper wallet to keep your coins safe.
  • QR Codes for both Private Key and Public Address for easy deposits and withdraws.

Security First
  • Securely generated with Bitaddress.org related code OFFLINE.
  • Securely printed OFFLINE.
  • Securely delivered by USPS directly to your mailbox.

I know some of you are going to be instantly turned away thinking, "Why would I ever trust this guy with my private key?". I can assure you that I do not attempt to memorize the private keys, nor do I make any additional copies of private keys, unless specifically requested by the customer. I am an entrepreneur, not a thief. The private key is in fact folded away inside the wallet immediately as I size the wallet for cutting, so I can assure everyone the private key is last thing on my mind before I put the wallet into the laminating machine. The price of printer ink, and making sure the design is perfectly aligned is my my main objective, otherwise I'm wasting time and money creating these wallets for the community.

*Update 5/25/13 - Encrypted Vircurvault Wallets are now available! These models will use the Intermediate Code Generator from Casascius Bitcoin Address Utility. Payment Processor updated to BitPay to easily send Intermediate Code with order.

*Update 11/30/13 - Alternative virtual currency wallets coming soon!

*Update 12/11/13 - Our first Ladies Bitcoin wallet designs available. Pink and Violet wallet colors available now, more to come!

*Update 12/12/13 - Initial, Silver, Litecoin wallet design now available.

*Update 2/12/14 - Initial Greyhound, Dogecoin wallet design now available.

The final Vircurvault design is complete, and production models are being rolled off the laminating press as new color variations have been completed. New wallet colors and designs released often. PM me if you would like to order in bulk, otherwise you can order a Vircurvault on my website below. I currently use BitPay for purchasing, as they allow custom fields to be collected, which will help with making the order process smooth for Encrypted Vircurvault wallets, and other products that require 2-factor address generation.

Vircurvault Bitcoin Wallet - Photo Gallery
Price: $5 equivalent in BTC or [ltc]

Encrypted Vircurvault Bitcoin Wallet
Price: $10 equivalent in BTC or [ltc]

Colors Available: Dark Blue (Original), Green, Silver, Leather, Spectrum, Pink, Violet, Red, Slate, Gold, Indigo. (More coming soon!)

Free Shipping within USA!
Worldwide Shipping Available, Please PM.

More info on the website: http://vircurvault.com

Special thanks to my designer, eddiebouncer, the developer of Bitaddress.org, and Mike Caldwell, a.k.a Casascius, for his awesome Bitcoin Address Utility. Without those 2 tools, I wouldn't have been able to make the Vircurvault very easily, or as securely as I am able to currently. Thanks guys!

Questions, suggestions, comments, and criticisms welcome. Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone! Keep them coming! We already offer a more secure option for address generation thanks to you! Smiley

Vircurvault - The Heavy Duty Virtual Currency Paper Wallet (It floats!)
Coin Foreman | Virtual Currency Exchange | Reliable VPS Hosting | Domain Names for BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:41:53 AM

I know some of you are going to be instantly turned away thinking, "Why would I ever trust this guy with my private key?". I can assure you that I do not try to memorize the private keys, nor do I make any additional copies, unless specifically requested by the customer.

That doesn't help.
infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 06:55:36 AM

I understand what you are thinking, but what else can I give potential customers other than assurance with this sort of product though? I can guarantee you that I am not interested in the Private Keys at all. I am 100% interested in generating Bitcoin from the sales of the product, and to be a respected business in the community. In order to do that, I understand I have to build trust, but please don't throw me under the bus before anyone gives me a chance to prove myself trustworthy. You don't have to trust me, but I have no interest in the Private Keys that I am selling that are sealed inside the laminated wallet. I would like to have a popular product Smiley

I did in fact research for 2 days ways to do two-factor generation of some sort, so that I don't ever see the Private Key, but I wasn't able to figure anything out that would allow me to provide my product in it's completed form Sad

Coin Foreman | Virtual Currency Exchange | Reliable VPS Hosting | Domain Names for BTC
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:57:08 AM

That's trivial, I generate the address myself encrypted with my GPG key, you put it there?
infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:11:08 AM

That's trivial, I generate the address myself encrypted with my GPG key, you put it there?

That's something that I could offer later, but currently I am using the Bitaddress.org generator on an offline machine, basically stock with some CSS alterations and different images for the bills. So far I have not been able to figure out how to dynamically generate a custom address with the Paper Wallet tool itself. I will have to figure out a way to edit the images to create a template of some sort of custom GPG signed Private Keys.

Thanks for the input!

johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:12:46 PM

I understand what you are thinking, but what else can I give potential customers other than assurance with this sort of product though? I can guarantee you that I am not interested in the Private Keys at all. I am 100% interested in generating Bitcoin from the sales of the product, and to be a respected business in the community. In order to do that, I understand I have to build trust, but please don't throw me under the bus before anyone gives me a chance to prove myself trustworthy. You don't have to trust me, but I have no interest in the Private Keys that I am selling that are sealed inside the laminated wallet. I would like to have a popular product Smiley

I did in fact research for 2 days ways to do two-factor generation of some sort, so that I don't ever see the Private Key, but I wasn't able to figure anything out that would allow me to provide my product in it's completed form Sad
Check out Casascius's method for assuring he doesn't even see a single private key (its on his site). Unfortunately I think that (and we have all come to trust Casascius himself a bit, I think) is the only way to completely silence any skeptics when it comes to private-key privacy. I had the same issue when I was selling bitcoin bills. What I did was just make up the bill, tell the customer to generate their own keypair (bitaddress.org) and I gave them the exact location and size of where to put the QR codes (from within Microsoft Word Doc). Then they printand the empty space becomes QR codes to which ONLY they know the digits. Thats really the only way. People are trusting, but NOT when it comes to private keys (understandable).
infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:07:01 AM

I did a bit more research on the Private Key issue today, and it looks I should be able to accommodate Password-Protected Private Keys through the Intermediate Code Generator included with the Casascius Bitcoin Address Utility.

That process will allow your real Private Key to stay encrypted that is inside the Vircurvault wallet, and only be able to be decrypted with the password you used to encrypt the Intermediate Code sent to me to generate the Private Key that will be sealed inside the Vircurvault. I will have to write some new documentation up on the site for those not savvy to the technique, but I like it.

I will have to add a second product on the site for this type of wallet, as it will require a different generation process than the current model. I also need to make a separate template for generating and printing these particular wallets.

Stay tuned for the Encrypted Vircurvault Paper Wallet model coming soon Cheesy

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 04:28:36 AM

The Encrypted Vircurvault Bitcoin Paper Wallet is now available. This model uses the Casascius Bitcoin Address Utility's Intermediate Code generation method to keep your Private Key secured with a password. This way I will never need to see the actual Private Key for the Vircurvault Wallet to be printed and sealed. Thanks for the input guys!

Yes, this model is 2x as expensive as the original model, but I don't have a dynamic way to generate the encrypted wallets currently, so they will take me some additional time to make each one. Hopefully that additional time and cost is worth your peace of mind for purchasing one Smiley

I've also updated my payment processor to BitPay, as they allowed for additional fields to be submitted on purchase. This way you can submit your Intermediate Code on purchase to speed up the Encrypted Vircurvault creation process. Each of these wallets needs to be made to order, so I will notify you when your order has been shipped.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:02:58 PM

I have received my first order for 2 of the original Vircurvault v1 wallets through Bitmit today. I'll be shipping them to the Netherlands on Monday Cheesy

I will be sure to have them post feedback here!

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 01:56:25 AM

The First Encrypted Vircurvault v1 order has been generated and printed. It's in the mailbox Smiley

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 12:13:55 AM

After a customer request, I've posted an image gallery on Imgur to help give a visualization of what each fold of a Vircurvault looks like. I have posted 2 actual photos of the front and back as well.

http://imgur.com/a/wCbIa

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 10:48:33 PM

might buy 1 for the novelty factor.

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 04:22:53 AM

I've sold a handful of the Vircurvault v1 and and a couple of the Encrypted Vircurvault papers wallets at this point, so it appears more people trust me than want me to encrypt their wallets. In any case, there is some demand for these! Cheesy

I felt they would catch on a bit more if there were more designs to choose from, so I will be adding new wallet designs that we have been working on to the Vircurvault website very soon. I will post here when they are ready to go. All Vircurvault wallet designs will also be available on Bitmit again shortly also. I just haven't had time to keep up with posting my auctions lately, but I do have some positive feedback growing on Bitmit as well Smiley

Store your Bitcoins OFFLINE! Store them in a Vircurvault!

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 05:00:46 AM

All current paper wallet designs now available on Vircurvault.com.

Newest designs are the Leather and Spectrum designs. 5 total designs/variations now Smiley

More color variations of the Original and encrypted versions of new designs coming soon!

All sales are secured through Bitpay.

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 10:41:00 PM

Bitmit is shutting down and has stopped showing items, so my website is currently the only place to get these. I will update here if that changes.

http://vircurvault.com

kuusj98

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I <3 VW Beetles

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:11:59 PM

Very nice idea!
I would order one if I wasn't trying to buy BF4 right now Wink
infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 08:22:58 PM

Well, someone likes the idea Smiley I just had the largest order yet of 10 Silver wallets come through last night. They are hot off the presses and shipping on Monday  Cool

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 07:07:18 AM

Given the surge in altcoin activity this week, we have decided to start making wallet designs for other coins. Litecoin will be our first alternative virtual currency wallet that will be available, followed by a handful of others once designs are completed. The Litecoin address generator will be based off of the Liteaddress.org source code with modifications only to the layout of the HTML for printing our designs.

We have already found generators for PPCoin, Feathercoin, Terracoin, PrimeCoin, Freicoin, FrankoCoin, AnonCoin, BBQCoin, Worldcoin, and Devcoin Smiley If you know of one I am missing, please let me know and I will add it to our wallet generator library. We will make it available for purchase right after the design is converted to the generator format.

It would be great to see generators for every coin available. I would love to provide wallets for Namecoin, Megacoin, and a few others if someone can figure out the JS part.

I have most of the wallet generators setup printing at this piont, but I am waiting on new designs from my designer for each wallet.

Stay tuned for paper wallets designs for many alt coins, as well as new Bitcoin designs coming soon Cheesy

I'm not a fan of pre-orders, so I will hold off on creating products to purchase until they are actually available. Litecoin wallets are coming first!

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 06:02:53 AM

I have been constantly stress testing the first ever made Vircurvault Bitcoin wallet that I printed out and pressed on my laminating machine for testing. So far it has been in my wallet in a credit card slot since that day. I pull it out often these days to show people and try to explain what Bitcoin is. Some conversations are better than others...

I don't have much on the test wallet, like 2 faucet payments to make sure it's "live", so I have been trying to push it to the limits on each test. It is afterall my first Vircurvault wallet off the presses, so I'm not holding back anything. I can always print another one Smiley My main goal with this project is to provide a simple, yet high quality product for storing your virtual coins.

I know that my test wallet is waterproof, as I had tested that in my initial Vicurvault stress tests, but I did not think until today to test if floats in water. After several tests in the bathroom sink this evening, I can verify that the same test wallet officially floats! I believe that means the Vircurvault is the first, fully water friendly Bitcoin wallet! Ahoy, me maties!  Grin

infoporter (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 07:10:46 AM

We have our first Ladies Vircurvault models soon to be ready for order, just in time for some stocking stuffers Grin. We have the designs ready, but I still need to add them to the website. For now, if you want one/some, PM me, and I will PM you an address to send payment and get them out right away.

New Ladies Colors

• Pink
  • Violet

Thanks to all who have supported Vircurvault so far Cheesy

Bulk pricing, and custom branding available, PM me.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: