Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why the dump ?  (Read 1865 times)
vince212 (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:28:00 AM

hi guys anyone here  who knows why all altcoins are down?

anyone expecting bitcoin to hit 4k again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:36:29 AM

Check the news buddy... Chinese ICO ban is causing panic selling all over the place. Bitcoin was in a correcting phase within itself for some reason, now this just made it worse.
Don't fall for the panic, the sale of Bitcoin is not justified by these news. Chinese banning scammy ICO's is actually good for BTC, because people will hold their BTC instead of gambling in the ICO market.

Hold on to your coins and buy the dip, we will be back up stronger than ever after this nonsense.
davis196

Activity: 2926
Merit: 901

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:40:38 AM

The bitcoin price decreased with around 300 USD to 4340 USD.Why are you asking will btc hit 4k again?
BTC is over 4K right now.The ICO related news from China will hit the altcoins,most likely ethereum.
I don`t  understand why the ICO ban causes panic selling.

cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:48:05 AM

hi guys anyone here  who knows why all altcoins are down?

Well, Muslims are celebrating Eid-Kabir worldwide where they normally spends a lot of money on celebrating that lead to slaughtering cattle, camels, rams and other higher animals as well. I think that is one of the reason that causes these massive dump in the market on both bitcoin and Altcoins.    
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:54:31 AM

It clearly because of the Chinese ban, this only touches the ICOs but maybe people are afraid its going to affect crypto that currently exists. I still don't think bitcoin will suffer from this though.

Well, Muslims are celebrating Eid-Kabir worldwide where they normally spends a lot of money on celebrating that lead to slaughtering cattle, camels, rams and other higher animals as well. I think that is one of the reason that causes these massive dump in the market on both bitcoin and Altcoins.   

I'm a Muslim and I honestly don't know how you came to this conclusion. The Eid is nothing expensive and It was on last friday, It wouldn't make sense to see the dump happening now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:01:09 PM

It clearly because of the Chinese ban, this only touches the ICOs but maybe people are afraid its going to affect crypto that currently exists. I still don't think bitcoin will suffer from this though.

I'm a Muslim and I honestly don't know how you came to this conclusion. The Eid is nothing expensive and It was on last friday, It wouldn't make sense to see the dump happening now.

Lol, agreed with you. Eid and correction in the bitcoin price has no relation at all and it does not make any sense. I also think that, the chinese ICO ban has created the panic situation and few investors has sold their coins in the fear of loosing the money.
RayvenPierre

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:02:43 PM

Yeah this was caused by the Chinese banning the ICO market which cause people to panic and sell their bitcoins. But I'm pretty sure bitcoin will be able to bounce back and I think that we should take advantage of this to do buy and sell.

MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:15:46 PM

Besides the Chinese ICO ban news, I think 5k is a pretty big psychological barrier in terms of just the bitcoin price. Might take longer than a lot of people expect for bitcoin to break 5k.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:19:39 PM

Yeah this was caused by the Chinese banning the ICO market which cause people to panic and sell their bitcoins. But I'm pretty sure bitcoin will be able to bounce back and I think that we should take advantage of this to do buy and sell.

If the banning of the Chinese government of ICO because of its illicit activitiy that cause the subsequent dump, then is one indication that the Chinese still have somewhat 'control' of the price movement of bitcoin. So we may expect the dump for more days to come before we may see green again.

hi guys anyone here  who knows why all altcoins are down?

I disagree with you. Are you saying that Muslims will dump their bitcoin to bought animals so that they would have something to feast on this event? I don't think so.

Besides the Chinese ICO ban news, I think 5k is a pretty big psychological barrier in terms of just the bitcoin price. Might take longer than a lot of people expect for bitcoin to break 5k.

Most likely. Its like $3000 before. It took us months to break this wall actually. If not for the Aug 1 split, we may never see that wall broken. If this can be applied again, bitcoin will took months just to get to $5000 and see if this could be sustain by then.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:28:02 PM

The ICO ban in China is like a general hit to the crypto currency market.
All those newly created coins brought money into the market. Now they can't do that anymore.
That's why money leaves the market of crypto currencies now.
Some investors fear that this might be the beginning of the end of the booming phase.

It's me!!!
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:35:27 PM

Go to cointelegraph's website and you would find out something relevant to your question. I agree with the replies above mine, since ICOs are banned in China, people are selling their altcoins to fiat (not to btc because they had probably seen that btc is going low).

Regarding bitcoin hitting 4k; man, I don't know who's gonna love that... unless you are a newcomer and would like to enter bitcoin for the first time. So far it seems like there is a support @ 4,300 and resistance @ 4,700. Correct me if I am wrong.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:37:13 PM

I see on coindesk that isreal are also looking at regulating ico token sales this is all bad news for some ico sales i think

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:38:46 PM

alt-coins price are drop down because bitcoin is soon to pump again. i think it is the signal that our bitcoin soon to hit $4k, so all alt-coins are affected for this phenomenon. exactly picture of whale moving underwater with some fish rapidly swim away from whale.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:49:33 PM

Well i think the drop is caused by a price correction since bitcoin is reaching all time high time highs last week so people cashing out their bitcoins and china is banning ICOs to their country bu t i don't think that contributes to the drop but i think this a good time to buy bitcoins before the pumping begins again.
chesegrinder

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:00:54 PM

dont panic if bitcoin will down to 4k as it was 400 USD before... There are factors that bitcoin price is affect by the chinas ICO banning but I think it probably affected is Altcoin especially ethereum . but as I see in the news [in my own understanding] not all ICO is banned by China those who are suspected ICO scam are one who kick off. Jack Ma will be piss off if all ICO will be ban in china as this prominent Billionaire are invested millions in ICOs

kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:08:22 PM

Check the news buddy... Chinese ICO ban is causing panic selling all over the place. Bitcoin was in a correcting phase within itself for some reason, now this just made it worse.
Don't fall for the panic, the sale of Bitcoin is not justified by these news. Chinese banning scammy ICO's is actually good for BTC, because people will hold their BTC instead of gambling in the ICO market.

Hold on to your coins and buy the dip, we will be back up stronger than ever after this nonsense.

hmm i think its a big problem if chinese ban all about ICO and restrict all of about ICO, i think people in the world panic because of that, and make bitcoin rate is down... i hope in the next week bitcoin rate is higher than now.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:17:01 PM

alt-coins price are drop down because bitcoin is soon to pump again. i think it is the signal that our bitcoin soon to hit $4k, so all alt-coins are affected for this phenomenon. exactly picture of whale moving underwater with some fish rapidly swim away from whale.

Well it is a chain effect that if bitcoin would certainly goes down the same goes with the other Altcoins but I don't really think that the price of bitcoin will plummet to the $4000 mark value but even if we are experiencing a dip it still will rise up and we can have a sure possibility that it will still goes up this September.

Metoo.14

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:18:06 PM

I think that's the end of the bubble, when it's so high there's no end to it, so it's back to normal in the crypto market.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:19:11 PM

It is due to the chinese news that they are cramping down on all the ICO originated from China. They have ban the ICO and even suggest these ICO fund raiser to return back the money back to the investors. This triggers the sell off of a lot of alt coins especially like NEO which are related to china and was believed to be the next china ethereum. Even other alt coins like omg, qtum, and many alt coins were affected.

A few hours later, even the South Korea also have issued a similar post regarding the ICO in their country. So people are FUD and cashing out of the crypto currencies.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:30:36 PM

Yes. People were looking for an excuse to sell because the price was getting toppy, and when the Chinese news came out, they sold.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print