Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:54:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of NEO & QTUM after China announcement  (Read 3182 times)
YGung

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:07:12 PM

Does NEO even have any ICOs to being with?  What projects are there even launching on NEO if any?  Can't ban upcoming ICOs if there are none to being with.

Qtum had a slew or projects launching on their platform which may be affected.  The platform is registered in Singapore so they should be safe from the upcoming review.  Good foresight on their part.

It's the projects like Bytom and Tron which are in trouble.  I think all ICOS going forward will move to Singapore similar to Qtum and Litecoin.

They have the Red Pulse ICO in sept 7, now chinese citizens are banned in participating in any ico, chinese central bank said that the purpose of this is to prevent scammers. That maybe has a good long term effect for Neo and others.

+1

People are looking at this as a bad thing when this is really something that's supposed to protect the investors. 

Besides, this has no effect on people creating projects organically.  Might be slower, but in the end, no more of these, "we don't have a product yet, but we will in 2018/2019" shenanigans.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NostradamusJones

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 08:04:20 PM

https://twitter.com/riseofcrypto/status/904778250068475904
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 09:53:05 PM

Nobody knows for sure how the prohibition of the ICO in China on its NEO coin will be affected. Because the founders of this coin cooperate with the Chinese government, it is possible that this coin will be settled by the government. I do not really like this prospect. In the near future, let's see how the prices in the crypto currency market will be. The situation is unusual.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:18:42 AM

Even though there are announcement stated that neo will not affected but I think this situation has caused the neo investors to panic, soon there will be a lot of people selling this coin, I think neo reputation will be on the edge and it will be hard to survive, but let's see how well the developer take tackle this problem and convince the investors

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
tranle789

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:24:02 AM

Even though there are announcement stated that neo will not affected but I think this situation has caused the neo investors to panic, soon there will be a lot of people selling this coin, I think neo reputation will be on the edge and it will be hard to survive, but let's see how well the developer take tackle this problem and convince the investors
NEO is a lot of big investors buy and invest long term. I think the developer will find a way to negotiate with the Chinese authorities because NEO is banned in the country and makes the market drop dramatically in just a few hours. I hope NEO can return to its original position
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:47:28 AM

NEO may be impacted indirectly, as China's ICO ban may scare away investors and capital. On the other hand, ICOs will simply be launched in countries with more lax regulations. Given that NEO has had a sharp rise recently, a correction is both needed and healthy. In the long run, NEO should be fine.
SavvyOli

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:49:52 AM

NEO is a lot of big investors buy and invest long term. I think the developer will find a way to negotiate with the Chinese authorities because NEO is banned in the country and makes the market drop dramatically in just a few hours. I hope NEO can return to its original position

it will be hard to get back to original levels of above USD 40. We are all in the blood bath. the only thing we can do now is to buy more, and hang on for dear life
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:04:21 AM

While NEO falls in price along with all digital coins. However, the ban in China on the ICO, I think, can not significantly affect the future course of NEO after the stabilization of the situation in the crypto currency market. Simply, the Chinese government decided to streamline the ICO, excluding probable scammers from it. I think with this in the future everything will work out. China generally has a positive attitude to the crypto currency market, so this ban should be temporary.
samfcoin

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:11:53 AM

NEO&QTUM 's price will be impacted by China announcement in a short term, price will drop most likely 50%, if no other country announce there'll be some rules for ICO project, price will increase again, otherwise, price will even drop more.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:23:23 AM

I hope QTUM will lose money. I just don't like that project.
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:46:02 AM

The ban imposed by the Central Bank of China on holding an ICO in this country is unlikely to affect the popularity of the Chinese coin NEO. While it falls in price due to the general downward trend in the crypto currency market. Perhaps, on the contrary, the ban on ICO will lead to the release of money sent to the ICO and they will be aimed at maintaining the national digital currency of China.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:04:04 AM

I think the newly implement ICO's are the most afrected if that happens, about NEO and QTUM maybe they'll encourage to own that coins because I think it originated in China itself but nonetheless many are potential alts that will increase in its value not only NEO and QTUM.
NewbCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:13:37 AM

if you sleep with the china government, you can do ico. if you don't, you can't do ico.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:43:20 AM

There's no future
no future
no future for you

- Sex Pistols
Stealth8368

Activity: 347
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:28:07 PM

China Government are just positioning themselves in a better position to get there share of money flowing into ICO from China,they don't like money leaving China when they have not had there cut!
googie4

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:39:31 PM

I don't think it will affect it, it's still legal. But I think it affects it in the sense that with the ICO ban, future China based ICO that would have ended up on Neo will no longer be able to, so the price will not go up as high as it would have had the Chinese government not made this ban.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: