Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 11:57:43 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin price down, will you hold or cut your loss??  (Read 27539 times)
malah

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:14:55 AM

if you buy bitcoin at a high price and bitcoin price goes down what will you do guys ?? will you cut your losses or hold it??

if I buy bitcoin at a high price then the price goes down I will not sell it because it will only make me lose I will keep holding until the price goes up again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShadyMash

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:42:55 AM

If bitcoin goes down i hold my bag and buy more bitcoins.because it is the right time to buy bitcoins.and lot of people buy bitcoins that time.so i am pretty sure price will go up again.if we closely watch history of bitcoin price there were lot of times price got dump.but it recover with a high price all the time.SMART traders always buy at Dips.

coinkhoj

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:46:39 AM

If bitcoin price down after my purchase then i will hold it. Every time, when i brought some bitcoin the market goes either down or up but within 15 days it turns into profit.
chathushka

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:42:33 AM

I am fan HODL ing.i will keep btc until they will rise .but it wont rise,i do not know what to do Cool Roll Eyes
Xester

Activity: 644

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:51:24 AM

If bitcoin price down after my purchase then i will hold it. Every time, when i brought some bitcoin the market goes either down or up but within 15 days it turns into profit.

Sure we have to keep our bitcoins even it goes so very low.  I just learned from my mistake when I sold all my bitcoins when it was announced that there would be a fork.  Its price drops and I am having a huge loss.  I want to cut my loss and then that is why I resulted to selling all my bitcoins.  It is just right after an hour when its price goes back and I could not do anything about it.  I just felt really bad then.  Now, whatever happens until I did not get the target price or amount I want, I will keep my bitcoins.

coin royal

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:57:16 AM

for me this is very natural and often happens in the bitcoin world and if there is a price reduction I do will hold my coin for some time to come, inilan bitcoin which has erratic price every second, minute, hour can change hargannya, and this is needed patience is high and we should not be wrong in the prediction that we do not get a loss in coin sales.
Well I think if bitcoin price go down so I will keep hold all my bitcoins with myself because its normal and it can happen with any currency so no need to cut or loss because bitcoin can change its price in a week so no need to make panic in that kind of situation just wait for the right time and when the price go high then sell out all your bitcoins.
Are you sure with this decision? I do not think it will be good when the price of Bitcoin dump ~ several thousand dollar after few weeks or just 1000 dollars in one week still enough to make you have big loss. You must to know we need to accept our mistake when the market change the trend. Keep your coin will make you get more risk and boring when the price of Bitcoin falls down every day.
I think holding is the smartest thing to do because bitcoin will probably will go up again so thats why you should keep your bitcoins and just wait for the bitcoin t go up to sell it again if you make enough profit.
to as i am a long term investor therefore i do not care for the minor ups and down, i have invested my money for long time and i am sure that after long time bitcoin will give me a good profit that is not even possible from any other means of earning money.

Ben.Lock

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:59:34 AM

I'm going to HODL!
Even if it will take 10 years!
As ling as the BTC is #1 and we won't see other coin taking over the market I will stay Bitcoin fan and HODL it!BTCBTC

Lendoit ▮ P2P Cross Border Lending ▮ Lendoit
All You Need Is Loan
▬▬▬▬▬[TGE on December 2017]▬▬▬▬▬
Eric Nelson

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:01:51 PM

if you buy bitcoin at a high price and bitcoin price goes down what will you do guys ?? will you cut your losses or hold it??

It will still depend on how much it drops. I'm a slight a researcher, so every time I decide especially in when money is involve I prefer to have at least enough information to support it. But, If I feel that there is a need to cut my losses then I would probably do it. This to avoid further discrepancy in the future.
Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:26:12 PM

for me this is very natural and often happens in the bitcoin world and if there is a price reduction I do will hold my coin for some time to come, inilan bitcoin which has erratic price every second, minute, hour can change hargannya, and this is needed patience is high and we should not be wrong in the prediction that we do not get a loss in coin sales.
Well I think if bitcoin price go down so I will keep hold all my bitcoins with myself because its normal and it can happen with any currency so no need to cut or loss because bitcoin can change its price in a week so no need to make panic in that kind of situation just wait for the right time and when the price go high then sell out all your bitcoins.
Are you sure with this decision? I do not think it will be good when the price of Bitcoin dump ~ several thousand dollar after few weeks or just 1000 dollars in one week still enough to make you have big loss. You must to know we need to accept our mistake when the market change the trend. Keep your coin will make you get more risk and boring when the price of Bitcoin falls down every day.
the price not dump everyday, but there is situation when the bitcoin pump so i think you can use this situation to sell your coins so hold still good choice
lose in the trade just make somebody bad in the market
I agree with you it is the only trick in the rule everybody knows about buy low sell high but it does not always work because people do not have trust in bitcoin when it goes low so they go panic selling and the people who dot trust bitcoin buy a lot at that time.

It is really hard to determine the exact date when it is better to buy during a falling. But even if you bought when Bitcoin lost 10% of its previous value and after that it lost 5% additionally, don't be upset, just hold, you'll earn your 10%+ some time later.

Tukang Becak

Activity: 354

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:54:36 PM

I'm going to HODL!
Even if it will take 10 years!
As ling as the BTC is #1 and we won't see other coin taking over the market I will stay Bitcoin fan and HODL it!BTCBTC

If you have not much bitcoin then hold is better, but for those who have a lot of bitcoin then they will be worried if the price keeps drop, I never feel can not sleep when late july then bitcoin price keep drop to level $ 3200.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
humanvelocity

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:02:17 PM

If Bitcoin price goes down I would hold because there is a 99% chance that it will go up again, It is estimated that the price might reach 8000$ usd before 2018. If someone sells Bitcoin when the price drops I feel like its a huge loss for them. If you need money just hold on and sell it at the right time so that you don't regret it later.
iloveass2

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:05:42 PM

If bitcoin price down, im still holding my bitcoin because you can see, after china ban bitcoin from their country, even though the bitcoin price went down for a little but still it still going up and up till now. Still believe bitcoin has a lot of potential.
bitu bitu

Activity: 46

PoSToken

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:08:04 PM

Of course I will keep it, because I believe that only a bit more time bitcoin price will be much higher

AverageGlabella

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:14:36 PM

Hold until 20,000 and then I'll be set for life. Hopefully we'll hit that in the next 10 years.
Wildwest

Activity: 405

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:15:22 PM

Holding bitcoin when down is the best choice i think because it will be recovered soon and also will cut the loss. Bitcoin is keep rising so do not be worry if the bitcoin is down even then only temporary.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
anitaraymonds

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:20:00 PM

It all depends on the percentage of southward movement and the sentiment behind that move. If the sentiment is not strong and the percentage
 of the downward movement(change)  is between 10-20% I will hold and watch Bitcoin come back.

•  ◢    B L U Z E L L E  |  A decentralized database service for the world's dApps    ◣  •
•  ███████   ANN  Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram  Medium    Reddit   Github   ███████  •
•  ◥    Pre-register for Token Sale    ◤  •
barabut

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:20:54 PM

At some point you need to stop your loss, look to the support levels to place your sell that would be profitable, then you can buy from resistance level and start making arbitrage trading, wish you profitable and successful trading.

Ains_sama

Activity: 162

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:36:46 PM

I will hold bitcoin, then I will use to trade altcoin, and try to find capital again and increase profit. because if bitcoin down, we still have a chance of capital back through altcoin. And I believe if bitcoin down, that is chance to buy bitcoin.

moamin77

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:40:28 PM

For me, it's always: Hold, Relax, Watch & have fun at the end
Mr.Stemafon

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:43:12 PM

I think holding is the smartest thing to do because bitcoin will probably will go up again so thats why you should keep your bitcoins and just wait for the bitcoin t go up to sell it again if you make enough profit.
I agree with you waiting till it goes up again is the smartest thing to do i will still hold my bitcoins even if its going low i will only sell when it is the price i want it to be  you can compare this question to panic selling it is the same and it is not recommended.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.