Bitcoin Forum
February 21, 2018, 06:15:50 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin price down, will you hold or cut your loss??  (Read 33539 times)
Isotopist

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:05:07 AM

We have to be realistic, if down lasts for a long time (more than 6 months) then this is a bad sign so that I will sell all the bitcoin despite loss, because if I hold of course will continues to huge lose. But the fact so far, the bitcoin price drop with a time not more than 1 week, and after the drop price skyrocketed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heartseed

Activity: 72
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:08:14 AM

Well its better to hold your coins and wait patiently for the value of bitcoin to increase for the better. Having a better value of bitcoin will give a big money for you. So its better to wait and get a bigger value of bitcoin before you cash out.

( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
_______GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS_______
JOIN OUR TOKEN SALE! (http://buzzshow.com/tokensale/)
cdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:12:32 AM

I will not sell my Bitcoin because I know in the future Bitcoin will continue to increase and the price will be more expensive. if you sell it I think you will regret like me in 2015

.................................................................... ELEMENTH ...................................................................
.......................................⇐ ● BLOCKCHAIN FOR E-COMMERCE Pre-ICO is LIVE ● ⇒......................................
.○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER BITCOINTALK TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK REDDIT ○ ○ ○..
19faraon88

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:26:26 AM

If bitcoin price down,

________________EBCOIN________________        █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █    JOIN TOKEN SALE   >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers        ◢◢     Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market     ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                  TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                TELEGRAM                 ▬▬▬▬
BlackRacerX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:30:40 AM

if you buy bitcoin at a high price and bitcoin price goes down what will you do guys ?? will you cut your losses or hold it??

Hold and buy some more. You'll never get a better or good price for each bitcoin in a long time. So take advantage of the price dip and buy a boat load of bitcoins. Always invest and invest on a lot of bitcoins. When the prices catch up, you'll be really rich. Just buy more and hold.

FRJ

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:41:00 AM

Bitcoin is a modern currency.But we can see now a days that it's price is continuously falling and rising.So,if the price of bitcoin fall down,I won't be surprised.

Actually, I've much trust in bitcoin.If the price of it go down making me disappointed, I won't lose my hope and hold them. I'll hope that the price will again able to rise and make us profitted.

chadtn

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

ALGORY.io Crowdsale starts on 8/12/2017

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:24:55 AM

IMO when you hold you not lose. So your strategy should be about 3-4-5 years and holding coins on few months is normal.

▀███████████████▄▄
              █████████████████
               █████████████████
                █████████████████
                 █████████████████
                  █████████████████
        ▄▄▄▄       █████████████████
    ▄██████████▄    █████████████████
   ██████████████    █████████████████
  ████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████     █████████████████
 ██████████████████      █████████████████
  ████████████████        █████████████████
   ██████████████          █████████████████
    ▀██████████▀            ▀████████████████▄
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
ALGORY  Multifunctional Tool for Cryptocurrency Trading 
Join Whitelist and Get 20% Bonus┃CROWDSALE ON DEC. 8
           ░████████████▒
       ░████████████████████░
     ░████████████████████████▒
   ░████████████████████████████░
  ░██████████████████   █████████▒
 ░███████████████      ▒██████████░
 █████████████         ████████████
░██████████            ████████████░
░██████                ████████████▒
░█████████████▒▒      ▒████████████▒
 ████████████████     █████████████░
 ▒████████████████    ████████████▒
  ▒████████████████▒  ████████████
   ░█████████████████ ██████████▒
     ██████████████████████████░
       ▒█████████████████████
          ░██████████████▒
Images21

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:38:33 AM

if you buy bitcoin at a high price and bitcoin price goes down what will you do guys ?? will you cut your losses or hold it??

It depends, I will have to weigh my options first. It could be possible that I will shift to a cheap altcoin which is expected to fly very soon even before Bitcoin's price does. Or perhaps if I could not see any altcoin with such a possibility, then I will have to stay with Bitcoin and wait for the right time for Bitcoin to bounce back and start recovering its lost value. But when I see that it will still dive some more, then I will definitely get out.

DRAG.
            █▄
          █▄▀█▄
          ▀██▄▀██▄
            ▀████████
      ▄▄▄███████████████▄▄
       █████████████▀█████
   ▄▄████████████████▄▀▀  █▄
    █████████    ▀██  ▀███▄
▄█████████          ▀███
   ██████            ██
▄███████            ██
  ██████                       ██
▄███████            ██
   █████            ██
▄███████           ██▀
    ██████          ██
   ▄▄██████▄        ▄██
       ▀██████▄     ▄▄███▀
       ▄▄█████████████████▀
             █  █ ▀
N .
███▀▀
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
███▄▄
▀▀███
  █╬█
  █╬█
  █╬█
▄▄███
   DRG TOKEN SALE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀▀
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
███▄▄
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
DISCORD
REDDIT
▀▀███
  █╬█
  █╬█
  █╬█
▄▄███
wxa7115

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:42:22 AM

If you are planning to hold for the long term then there is no point in cutting your losses, keep holding, however when the losses are very high following that advice can be really difficult for a lot of people, this is what happened with the 2013 crash, if people held since that time they will have great profits already, but many people sold since they thought that bitcoin was probably never going to recover.

OFID

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:57:04 AM

I would cut it off absolutely if I were having anything in hand.
The_prodigy

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

under ground

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:15:27 AM

That is one of the pitfalls of bitcoin and cryptocurrency being able to buy it and then see its price go higher and higher soaring into prices that are unheard of and then plummetting down which causes people to panic sell then that would be cause for chaos

(((   ██   ██
    ██   ██
  ▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████████████
██████████████████
███ ██████████████
███ ██████████████
███▄ ▀███████▀████
█████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████
██████████████████
 ▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀
 ▐█▀          ▀█▌
    ▄██████████▄    ▄██▄       ▄██▄ ▄████████████████████▄   ▄████████▄    ▄██▄       ▄██▄     ▄███████▄     ██▄      ▄██▄      ▄██
    █████████████▄  ████       ████ ▀█████████████████████ ▄████████████   ████       ████   ▄███████████▄  ▐███▌    ██████    ▐███▌
  ▄
    ████      ▀███  ████       ████      ▄███▀      ▄███▀  ████▀    ▀███▌  ████       ████  ████▀     ▀████  ████   ▐██████▌   ████  ▐█
    ████      ▄███  ████       ████     ▄███▀      ▄███▀   ▀████▄▄▄   ▀▀   ████       ████ ▐███▀       ▀███▌ ▐███▌  ███▀▀███  ▐███▌  █▌
    ████████████▌   ████       ████    ▄███▀      ▄███▀      ▀███████▄▄    ███████████████ ████         ████  ████ ▐███  ███▌ ████  ▐█
    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████  ████       ████   ▄███▀      ▄███▀           ▀▀█████▄  ███████████████ ████         ████  ▐███▌███    ███▐███▌  █▌
    ████       ████ ████       ████  ▄███▀      ▄███▀      ▄██▄      ▀███  ████       ████ ▐███▄       ▄███▌   ██████▌    ▐██████  ▐█
    ████      ▄████ ████▄     ▄████ ▄███▀      ▄███▀       ▀███▄     ▄███  ████       ████  ████▄     ▄████    ▐█████      █████▌  █▌
    ██████████████   ▀███████████▀ ███████████████████████▄ ▐███████████   ████  ▐▌   ████   ▀███████████▀      ████▌      ▐████  ▐█
    ▀█████████▀       ▀███████▀    ▀█████████████████████▀  ▀▀███████▀    ▀██▀  ██   ▀██▀     ▀███████▀         ███        ███   █▌
 █▄               ▄█▄            ▄                                      ▄       ▄██▄       ▄▄             ▄▄██        ▄█▄        ▐█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄██  ██▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
   ▀▀███████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀██████████████████████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀████▀▀    ▀█████▀  ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▀██████▀   ▀▀█████▀
)))
Japinat

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

Decentralized Transportation Economy

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:19:54 AM

If you are planning to hold for the long term then there is no point in cutting your losses, keep holding, however when the losses are very high following that advice can be really difficult for a lot of people, this is what happened with the 2013 crash, if people held since that time they will have great profits already, but many people sold since they thought that bitcoin was probably never going to recover.
That's correct, sometimes the price will dump therefore you need to trust that it will go bank up again.
Cutting your loses only is applicable if you are a active trader or what we called a day trader because we don't know when the price will pump again and we want to take advantage of the price volatility, so if it's tolerable, we should sell and just continue trading actively.

▄▄████▄▄
           ▄██████████▄
         ▄█████████████▌
       ▄███████████████   ▄▄
     ▄██████▌  ▐██████▌  ▐███▄
   ▄████████   ███████   ██████▄
 ▄█████████▌  ▐██████▌  ▐████████▄
▐██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████████▌
▐█████████▌            ▐██████████▌
 ▀████████   ▐██████   ██████████▀
   ▀█████▌   ██████▌  ▐████████▀
     ▀███   ▐██████   ███████▀
       ▀▌   ███████████████▀
           ██████████████▀
            ▀██████████▀
              ▀▀████▀▀

▄▄▄     ▄▄▄             ███    ███        ▐██▌
  ▐██▌    ▐██▌            ▐██▌   ▐██▌        ▀▀▀
  ███     ███  ▄██████▄   ███    ███▄███▄   ▐██▌▐████████
 ▐██▌    ▐██▌ ▐██▀  ▀██▌ ▐██▌   ▐██▀▀▀▀███  ███     ▄███▀
 ███████████  █████████  ███    ███    ██▌ ▐██▌   ▄███▀
▐██▌    ▐██▌ ▐███       ▐██▌   ▐██▌   ▐██  ███  ▄███▀
███     ███   ████▄▄▄██  ███▄▄ █████▄███▌ ▐██▌ ████▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀██▄
      ▐█▌               ▐█▌
      ██                 ██
  ▐█▀▐██████████▀██████████▌▀█▌
     ▄▀█████████ ██████████ ▄
  ▄████▄▀███████ ████████▀▄███▄▄
 ██▀ ▀███ ██████ ██████▀▄██▀ ▀██▌
▐█     ███ █████ █████▀▄██     █▌
 ▀█▄▄▄█████ ████ ████▀▄████▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▄▄         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▐███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ███▌
 ▐███                       ███▌
  ▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀
CONVENIENT
AFFORDABLE
REWARDING
.PEER-TO-PEER WHEEL RENTALS.
████████   WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMBITCOINTALK   ████████

Younggiant2018

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:22:22 AM

It would be better if I  hold the bitcoin when the price goes down and wait until the next rise or hold it until there is a need to release. Knowing the bitcoin is surely increasing based on the history and trend, it is a waste if we let go the bitcoin we are holding specially if the need is not necessary and important.
tuanvie

Activity: 280

Get Paid to Play your Media on Current

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:24:36 AM

I think i'm gonna keep holding until the end of 2018. No one can give the guarantee about if it's gonna fall or not.. But i think i'll take the risks because it would worth to wait.

▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██████████████████████
█▄▄   ▀███████████████████
████▄▄   ▀████████████████
███████▄▄   ▀█████████████
██████████    ▀██████████
███████▀▀        ▀███████
████▀▀              ▀████
█▀▀                    ▀█
..   █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   Just Press Play
Spotify
YouTube
Soundcloud

8Tracks
Radio
Podcast

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
GET IN TOUCH
Telegram
ANN Thread
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:14:42 AM

Personally i will keep it, what you need in crypto world is just patience.

▐█████████████
 ██████████ ████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██████████▀▄██
        ██ ███████▌
       ▐█▌▐███████
       ██ ███████▌
      ▐█▌▐███████
      ██ ███████▌
     ▐█▌▐███████
     ██ ███████▌
    ▐█▌▐███████
    ██ ███████▌
   ▐█▌▐███████
  ▐██ ███████▌
   ██▄▀█████▀
    ▀██▄▀█▀
      ▀▀

--              --
        ------          ------
        ------          ------
      --- -- ---      --- --
  -- ---      --- -- ---
------          ------
------          ------
  --              --

----------
    ----      ----
  ---     --     ---
 ¦-    -------     -¦
 -¦   ¦--   --¦    ¦-
¦-    ¦--           -¦
¦-     -------      -¦
¦-         ---¦     -¦
 -¦   ¦--   --¦    ¦-
 ¦-    -------     -¦
  ---     --     ---
    ----      ----
      ----------

----       ----
         --------    -----
       ----    --------
     ----        ----
   ----
   --             -----
                  -----
          -----   -----
  -----   -----   -----
  -----   -----   -----
  -----   -----   -----
--------------------------
[
]
.Get 50% discount.
Pre-sale, Start
_____12th Dec 2017_____
btccointalk

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:27:37 AM

Hi datodota002,

I will definitely hold it because fluctuations of value is common and as it has gone down, it may rise in no time.

cherrymobile

Activity: 196

“Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:30:39 AM

dont buy bitcoin when the value of it is so high because you will loss but it is up to you try to wait unti the bitcoin get dumps beause this is the time and good time to buy bitcoin and then sell it when the value of bitcoin goes up again this is like a trading .

Fretcy

Activity: 210

Bitrace

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:43:30 AM

If the price of bitcoins get down I'll will try to buy more bitcoins as there is good potential for the bitcoins to increase the value thousand times more than the value at the beginning of the year which will help you get more profits when the prices skyrocket. It is quite common in the financial market for the prices to dip for some time and then with a huge leap it will skyrocket where you will not be able to think of buying one bitcoin.

Ranger4R

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:48:49 AM

well, well.. i thank would definitely hold. yes, I will hold it as long as there are still movements, may they be downward or upward.
Overall trend for BTC is upward, though current spikes are hard to unpredictable, it varies from minutes to minutes even seconds. So I;d say don't sell it right away, just wait for it to gain upward and then sell if you need.

Rosilito

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:01:22 AM

I guess I will hold it a while longer. Because Bitcoin's price is not that always low, bitcoin will regain its value. And that is life sometimes it is on its peak sometimes it is on drought situation, waiting it to regain is not hard right? Waiting is worth just be persistent, do not let the value bother you it will probably be okay later. In addition, cutting your loss is a big regret you will have late, wait or be sorry, just like my own experience I cut my loss because I do not want it to be lower than it is, but after a few days it regain its value and grow bigger than I expect. By that I learned my own lesson.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.