Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 04:10:53 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin price down, will you hold or cut your loss??  (Read 27350 times)
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 379

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:25:32 PM

Holding bitcoins is the best way to prevent losing. Of-course if the price is down and market showing negative impact i will definitely  hold my all bitcoins until the price go up.  Since the bitcoin is not controlled by any authority ,If it can go down then probably it can increase anytime. This is how bitcoins operates.

██████████              █████           
████████████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
████        ██████      █████████       
██████            ██████████      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ██      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
███                                      █████████████████  ███████████     
███    ███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
█████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
██████            ███      ███████████      ██████████ 
██████            ██          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1kings

Activity: 42

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:41:08 PM

What I've done in time past is to see it double and sell off half of it for fiat money or into other ventures. So, I've taken my profit long before it starts to swing.

But if I get caught up, like seeing it plunging just after a big buy (it'd be quite difficult to see a 45-60%  growth anytime soon), I'd set exit prices, not 1 or 2.

Say it plunges from $5000, I'd set a 50% exit at 4300-4000, next 25% ( 50% of the left over) at 3500, then hold out the last 25%. Incase, it recovers.

Not smart? Tried it with stocks and it worked.

chidrawarster

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:41:18 PM

For me , if bitcoin is dropping its always good to buy on dips , i will wait for atleast 20-30% pullbacks as the sell volatality is always high & the price will boom up on some good volumes, thats wat is more important for the bitcoin to rise more & more. Still i keep on buying positions at different prices as still in the averaging mode would benefit in the long term. For small investors, i would advise just buying the coins as long as they are down with a bang & just hold them till the next rise to some percent based on existing volumes.

sachithra

Activity: 70

Join and get rewards for Bounties

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:48:07 PM

By and by, I figure I would clutch my misfortune in light of the fact that actually, bitcoin have a tendency to be inconsistend and costs all over, in the event that it went down today, I have my high expectation that it will return to it's high amusement.  Tongue

Insomnia family

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:18:18 PM

For me , if bitcoin is dropping its always good to buy on dips , i will wait for atleast 20-30% pullbacks as the sell volatality is always high & the price will boom up on some good volumes, thats wat is more important for the bitcoin to rise more & more. Still i keep on buying positions at different prices as still in the averaging mode would benefit in the long term. For small investors, i would advise just buying the coins as long as they are down with a bang & just hold them till the next rise to some percent based on existing volumes.

So basically it's better if we buy as much coin at the time the price goes down, because the possibility of riding back quickly, well at that moment the most fitting moment that we invest in bitcoin, look back to the month what the graph contained in it. Bitcoin

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ BRING YOUR MONEY TO LIFE ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
★★▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ STACK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬★★
pekingcoepo

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:16:04 PM

only a fool who buys a high price and sells it at a low price

Oh.. trust me. A lot of intelligent people do that, and on many occasions it is the right thing to do. If an asset is constantly declining in value and if the future prospects are really bleak, what are you going to do about that? I would definitely sell that asset, irrespective of the losses. Because if you are holding on to it, in future it will become worthless and you will lose all the money.

Of course, if we know what the future of the coin is, of course we will sell it, this is the value of art in the world market, we all will not know what will happen in the future, so if the price continues. Our decline should also be more precise whether the price will start rising quickly or even continue to fall. Because basically we can only predict all possibilities that will happen. But I think if there is a decline in Bitcoin prices then I will be optimistic up in the future then I will survive if there is a decline.

Ultegra134

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:40:36 PM

Holding bitcoins is the best way to prevent losing. Of-course if the price is down and market showing negative impact i will definitely  hold my all bitcoins until the price go up.  Since the bitcoin is not controlled by any authority ,If it can go down then probably it can increase anytime. This is how bitcoins operates.

That usually applies for long-term Bitcoin investments. Holding requires patience, not something that everyone has. Most people, including me, have at least once, panic sold their coins in fear of losing money. Declining value is mostly short term, that can be seen by observing the price charts of the recent years. Thus, I've decided to keep all my BTC, especially after selling some, which I regretted.
babygun

Activity: 126

VIABET.IO PRE-ICO | NOV 14

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:47:40 PM

If you trade on long term and have believe in the technology of bitcoin, than you hold even if the price drops hard.
The ideal is: buy low, sell high, but this is the theory, in practice it is not that simple  Tongue

carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:34:42 PM

Holding bitcoins is the best way to prevent losing. Of-course if the price is down and market showing negative impact i will definitely  hold my all bitcoins until the price go up.  Since the bitcoin is not controlled by any authority ,If it can go down then probably it can increase anytime. This is how bitcoins operates.

That usually applies for long-term Bitcoin investments. Holding requires patience, not something that everyone has. Most people, including me, have at least once, panic sold their coins in fear of losing money. Declining value is mostly short term, that can be seen by observing the price charts of the recent years. Thus, I've decided to keep all my BTC, especially after selling some, which I regretted.
I am also in favour of long term investment, although short term investment is also good, but for short term investment  you must have good experience and  trading skill without which i do not think that it is difficult to make money . In long term investment you do not need for any experience or skill you just need your luck and your attention toward your investment.
InBTC4years

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:45:10 PM

if you buy bitcoin at a high price and bitcoin price goes down what will you do guys ?? will you cut your losses or hold it??

I would hold. Because I know it is going up in the long-term.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:58:29 PM

if you buy bitcoin at a high price and bitcoin price goes down what will you do guys ?? will you cut your losses or hold it??
I would hold it. I would wait for the price to peak a bit higher during downfall to compensate for my loss. But there's a high possibility that the prices would go high again, so it would be better to take a bit of risk and hold it. Bitcoin has earned quite a name in the market so I wouldn't worry much about the drop in price.
I think most of the people selected to hold bitcoin and same is the case here.
iamKiko218

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:51:53 AM

If the price of bitcoin goes down, I would definitely still hold it. It is because I strongly believe that it might go down now, but bitcoin can still manage to go up and will definitely continue to increase its price as years pass by. Maybe I will only unhold/sell it if needed due to some important needs, no matter what bitcoin costs at that time. Well in fact, I will save and hold bitcoin for long-term to gain more profit. All you need is patience, self-control, and strong mindset.

mware

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:06:21 AM

i will hold my bitcoin. there is no way to sell Bitcoin in a loss because i invest in bitcoin for long-term

| LOCKCHAIN | 0% Commissions on Bookings | Hotel Booking & Vacation Rental |
██▬▬▬                     Marketplace With 0% Commissions                     ▬▬▬██
██▬▬▬         Telegram | Reddit | Facebook | TwitterSlack         ▬▬▬██
pauloaragaomelo

Activity: 378

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:09:54 AM

in accordance with my experience. When the price of bitcoin down it better hold. because I've experienced when prices down and I panic sell at the cheap price and finally the price increased again and I can only regret.

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
███                         ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ████       ███       ████
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
waynechong1995

Activity: 168

🔶 Spectre.ai (SPEC) 🔶 ICO started!

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:32:55 AM

Hold and wait for recovery, if you compare BTC to other real world stocks it's moving very noticeably so there is no reason to cut loss, just wait and time will prove that BTC would grow beyond your price.

Cutting loss would only effective if you fully understood what you gonna do after your fiats back, otherwise is not worth sell off. 

proTECH77

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:03:04 AM

I would most definitely hold on to my coins with the belief that it will go back up at some point. I strongly believe that bitcoin's only way is up  Wink

I do not think that ''belief'' should be a factor in this case. It's just like one saying He/She wants to invest in something and not carryout any feasibility study or proper analysis on that particular investment but says he/she has the belief that the investment would go well. Belief has to be based on something.
Francer

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:50:33 PM

The greatest selection for me is to keep initial then make an evaluation on what triggers the cost down, if based mostly on my evaluation that it is short-term then I will maintain and permit that situation pass, I may possibly perhaps purchase some bitcoin using advantage on the minimal price tag. Based on bitcoin keep track of record costs could drop which may possibly previous for a 7 days or two but certainly this will be followed by a bigger price tag surge.
waverscoin

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:56:21 PM

I'm going to hold. It's too hard to time the market, especially with btc or any crypto that has whales that can swing the prices so much in a matter of minutes. Just look how it went from 3k to 3.6k in a few hours a couple weeks ago. Long term, people are coming in to btc no leaving it. Just stop looking at your screen and take some time off.
Xester

Activity: 644

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:59:02 PM

I'm going to hold. It's too hard to time the market, especially with btc or any crypto that has whales that can swing the prices so much in a matter of minutes. Just look how it went from 3k to 3.6k in a few hours a couple weeks ago. Long term, people are coming in to btc no leaving it. Just stop looking at your screen and take some time off.

Yes, I will definitely hold.  I remember before when I got panicked.  I sell all my bitcoin because of my fear that I will lose them.  After an hour, bitcoin price goes back again and its price rapidly increase.  I really felt bad and since then I learned to just hold and keep them.

HiringYou

Activity: 266

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:11:34 PM

Without any doubt holding my bitcoin will be a smart move if the price goes down.Bitcoin is the most renowned crypto currency of this present era and people working in this crypto market are very much conversant with it's potential .I know that if there will be a drop in the price than it will rise also. So, I will take this price drop as an opportunity to buy some more bitcoin's and will hold my  previous bitcoin's also and will sell them when the price will rise again or when it will reach its all time high value.

██████████.......█████......
████████████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
████....██████...█████████....
██████......██████████...█████████....
█████......██████......████....██...█████████....
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
███...................█████████████████.███████████...
███..███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
██████......███...███████████...██████████.
██████......██.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.