Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:14:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decent exchange with quick bank wires? Bitstamp.net, CEX.IO, Coingate.com,Bitbay  (Read 312 times)
dekana (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:03:53 AM

Hi Guys,

I've tried a few different exchanges by sending bank wires to each of them and my results are as follows

1) Bitstamp

They received my bank wire within a few days. Funds were sent to them on the 14th June 2017. They contacted me on the 19th June saying they've received a bank wire they believe is intended for me. Funds haven't been released due to me providing "insufficient information", this process is ongoing. Information was given to them two days ago and still no reply. Waiting 7 days now. I did the bank since I was verified. I will report back on the results.

2) CEX.IO

I've had good experiences regarding other aspects of their exchange and decided to do a bank wire to them on the 12th June 2017. They just ignore my request regarding the status there of. Other queries regarding crypto capital seem to be handled quickly. They ignore questions regarding credit card transaction. I will report back on this.

3) Coingate.com

I sent them a bank wire 27 days ago. It was a swift transfer. After 2 weeks of no progress and funds still being reflected I get contacted by my bank saying that they need Coingates intermediary bank details. I get in touch with Vilius from Coingate, who I believe is the CEO of Coingate to help me investigate this. He gives me the same banking details again and asks me to confirm that it is indeed where I tried to send the funds. After some fruitless back and forth I I end up mailing their bank directly who then tell me they cant accept non SEPA transfers, something which was not and is still not clearly stated on the website.

Anyways, he gives me new banking details and I get my bank to divert the funds on the 7th June. Funds still apparently havent arrived.  I get in touch with their support again and they tell me bank wires can take "up to 3 weeks" to process. I'll report back on this once I know more but at the moment I've just got this sick feeling in my stomach.

4) Bitbay.net

I did a bank wire on the Friday and it was reflected in my account on the following Tuesday. No questions, no stories.

I hope this helps whoever might find this relevant.

Regards,
dekana.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:39:04 AM

Good reviews, Thanks for sharing. I welcome reviews on some more exchanges also from you as well as from other members.

I have once tried to deposit with Xapo to buy bitcoins using wire transfer facility. It got credited within 4 working days. They are not exact exchanges but I am recommending them to buy and sell bitcoins using wire transfer and they are having many alternate methods also for buying bitcoins.
dekana (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:07:46 AM

Bitstamp likes to hold onto your FIAT deposits for days / weeks on end without any explanation.

If you send them a support ticked asking if everything is OK to deposit you can expect a reply within one hour.

If you've actually sent a deposit and you ask them where the funds are be lucky if you get a reply within a week.

Kraken: Kraken processes deposits very quickly, they get credited the next day. Their website keeps crashing with error 520 and 500 making it almost impossible to use.  Embarrassed

Bitstamp: Very quick to reply and encourage you to deposit funds. Very slow to actually credit you those funds. Beware.

CEX.io: Also very slow to credit bank wire deposits. Have never tried a bank wire withdrawal. Card withdraw was OK ( Till now ) Same silent treatment given by Bitstamp when asking about a deposit. Read the official thread here on bitcointalk, place looks like a nightmare to deal with.
Daemon_Hell

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 12:15:50 PM

Bitstamp likes to hold onto your FIAT deposits for days / weeks on end without any explanation.
Bitstamp: Very quick to reply and encourage you to deposit funds. Very slow to actually credit you those funds. Beware.
Strange thing that it's does not matter if you deposit via SEPA or international wire, I guess they have a bottleneck in manual processing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: